It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEVELOPING: Wikileaks threatens to release "insurance" file code

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by The dragon is taking over

has anyone heard of dead peasent insurance?
when a company insures a person without there knowledge and when they die the COMPANY gets paid without the family knowing

i wounder if the goverment has taken insurance out on the troops in the hopes they die and they get paid

just a thought

The government provides life insurance to military members (SGLI) in amounts up to 400k - which the govt pays out in the event of their death... So if they are taking out policies on the military through some other company the payout would have to be quite a bit more than that in order to be profitable...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thought this was interesting:

Earlier today, AP released this report with comments from a Wikileaks spokesman from Germany.

Then later on Twitter Wikileaks said that parts of the report were untrue and misleading.

Further news tonight (Twitter link above) that AP are releasing an edited report within the hour which has been corrected as far as the misquote/s concerned. Wonder what the misquoted parts were then?

Again, the horse has bolted before the stable door has been closed, because the AP report had already been widely repeated across the internet earlier today.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Ohhh... I wonder what is in that file... So curious...

Regarding the ban on wikileaks to the military, I would imagine the information could be posted on other websites which are not on the ban list.

All of this reminds me of Daniel Ellsberg & the pentagon papers.... Almost exactly the same thing happened in that a person leaked info.

They are still using the same reasons for keeping it confidential...

Somehow, I don't think the consequences will be the same in this day and age.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickrick
its hard to say what is in the insurance document, however I'm going to speculate and say that it is possible that the US military has taken out insurance on their possesions such as the men/women on the front lines.
maybe they are cashing in on all the deaths that are occuring in Iraq and Afghanistan......my 2 cents

This is actually a very good theory. If this was released I think we could then put the "is Wikileaks something to do with the government" ideas to rest.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
i would like to post a few thoughts

1. the NSA can Crack this code
2. this is the more servere leaked documents
3. this is a crash our servers or touch us and this gets released
4. by publicly calling this insurance the peoples curiosity will draw attension
5. the most dangerous document to the govenment arnt war releases

what would be the most daming evidence that could have been leaked ?

illegal state sponcership of terrorism? us included
paying both sides of a war?
goverments agreeing to fake terror attacks to start wars?
goverments shipping drugs to fund terror?

i imagine the NSA has already cracked the key and because this file has been downloaded 10,000 times already they know they cant put the geini back into the bottle

so the only chance is to let the less damaging stuff get released

manning goes to prison the key gets released

XPLoDer

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

My friend, the two petaflop-speed computers in the world working in tandem could not crack this before the key is released- there are simply too many combinations. Of course they could luck out and get it fairly quickly- I'm sure they are trying already.

What astonishes me is no one has truly considered what could be in there. Everyone knows Manning had accessed the international cables. So what if this has absolutely nothing to do with Afghanistan? People forget the recent past so quickly- like the Polish leader's plane crash.

Has anyone considered the ramifications of proof of collusion between Russia and the US(or possibly EU nations as well) to kill the Polish president and cabinet members? Now THAT would be a global powder keg.......

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

There are so many different things that could be in that file:

JFK assassination
WMDs in Iraq
Vietnam War
Bay of Pigs
UFOs
9/11 / UA93
swine flu 2009
government experiments on civilians
any number of things from other wars
2012 / Apocalypse
religion
unwarranted wire-tapping
use of "battlefield nukes"
Oklahoma City bombing
Presidential / political scandals
rigged voting
Osama Bin Laden

There are an endless number of possibilities

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Yes, exactly my point. It just seems everyone is of the assumption it is about Afghanistan. There are so many things over the last 10 years alone it could be. Add in the events of the 20th century....this could be a treasure trove of truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe a stupid question, but I have the file - will it run/open on Linux?

Line 2

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
Maybe a stupid question, but I have the file - will it run/open on Linux?

Line 2

We are discussing this and other related matters in another thread, so you are really welcome to join us and discuss your ideas.
But no, you can't "open" it the usual way until you decrypt it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I haven't heard anything any where that Julian Assange is releasing the insurance file.

This whole Post is BS! That last he said was that is was for Brad Manly and that was him on the phone talking to certain reporter of her page. Democracy now I believe.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

If it isn't about Afghanistan, why is it only posted on the Afghan War Diary page of WikiLeaks?

Lengthier treatment here.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by bikeshedding]

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
find it interesting on their twitter they tweeted

Our big guns in defeating prior restraint: You. Latest WikiLeaks 'insurance' file now has over 100,000 downloads.

meaning they want tptb to know that its gone viral and they cant stop 100 000 people opening the file.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I agree with you 100% on how suspicious this is becoming. First step ban all military personell from viewing wikileaks. Who and what are they going to ban next. In my mind, this may be an attempt to censor the internet. Is wikileaks involved, I dont know, but like we have all heard before, "never let a good disaster go to waste".

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join