It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kanye West "Power" music video the creepiest music video ever

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Just seen the video.

It seems Kayne has described this as a painting and its not a video.

I have never laughed so much in a long time. Thank you Kayne!

This guy is so far up his own A * S its fantastic.

I think he has that 'Chosen One' disease that Homer Simpson had.

Anyone who takes anything Kayne does seriously needs help.

You crack me up Kayne.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

when lady gaga was making satanic vidoes i though "meh probably concidence,probably just art" but when i saw this piece of sh%$
what is it modern to include HORNS in all videos now? THERE IS NO REASON TO INCLUDE HORNS IN ANY MUSIC VIDEO,ITS SICK AND SATANIC! the whole video is a big mocking to the christian god and christ. not only that he pretends to be a god,but he also pretends to be killed by demons standing behind somekinda demon chick.
thats a symbol of everything bad thats happening right now.

someone frikkin stop that man! he and jay z and lady gaga
im just going to listen to old music from 80's and non commercial
and 2pacs killuminati

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Kanye west might suck but do shooting fish in a barrel is anything but easy.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
These kinda 'get' Kaynes new video too.

tribute....

tribute.....

good review....

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Here's the video by the way:

Sure is a monument to the ego and we all know Kanye has one.
I kind of like it though.

Visually I find it very stimulating and his lyrics are intriguing.

The Malcolm X reference was interesting but of course I hope he isn't trying to say he is equally as important or relevant.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think a lot of musicians - and I use that term in the loosest possible way when I'm referring to hip-hop ''artists'' - suffer from megalomania.

I personally believe it's largely due to the sudden rise from being a normal person to international stardom.

Most rappers come from less than affluent backgrounds, and then in the space of one or two years, suddenly have all the material wealth and objects they ever desired, people praising them all the time, and in the end they start believing all the hype.

It's easy to see how such a sudden change in fortunes could alter their mental state in such a way.

I think that Kanye West is just following the likes of Jay-Z down this route.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
So much symbolism I can't even take it all in.

Holy crap!!!

Yeah it is symbol heavy with some allegedly relevant imagery in the secret world, but most rap videos these days seem to be trying to push the abstract envelope like most pop videos have been doing. Could be a nod, or just an attempt to look like one and thus appear connected to something "power"ful.

It's a lot better than the videos where they are just throwing money up in the air as women dance around them in G-strings.

Nothing subtle about that at all.

So now that rap videos are going for the "do a little something strange for a piece of change" element I guess Marilyn Manson and NIN has some video competition.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I think a lot of musicians - and I use that term in the loosest possible way when I'm referring to hip-hop ''artists'' - suffer from megalomania.

I personally believe it's largely due to the sudden rise from being a normal person to international stardom.

That is pretty par for the course in the celebrity world not just rappers.

Some say it is a necessity in the business or you'd be run over.
As Val Kilmer or even Ben Stiller put it, if you aren't an egotistical ass you will be eaten alive.

Artists though have always been egotistical. I mean the thought that they have something so important to say that the entire world must watch or listen is a good indication of that.

I don't think that takes from the art so much either as we do end up with pleasing things from time to time in spite of the ego.

Sinatra did it "his way" and it's alright with me.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I agree that most celebrities have a large ego.
I just believe that the ''rags to riches'' process for a rapper makes the megalomania more exaggerated.

Many actors come from quite well off backgrounds, so if they didn't make it acting, they'd still probably forge a decent career for themselves.
Whereas rappers from the ''ghetto'' know that their options are far more limited if they don't succeed at rapping; let's not forget that for every Kanye West or Eminem there's a thousand rappers that don't make it.

Ultimately, I believe it's the ''all or nothing'' factor for most rappers that accentuates their megalomania when they actually make it to international stardom.

There's also a difference between having an ego and practically deifying yourself ( à la Jay-Z ).

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Well, Apart from the annoying “rapping”, that is one hell of a music video.

At first, I just found there were too much symbolism all over the place, but then it reminded me of a painting. And by reading people’s comment, the reference to the Sword of Damocles came up. So that’s probably it:www.ackland.org...

Now I’m just wondering if he’s calling the Illuminati out or just reiterating that great powers come with great responsibilities (and danger).

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

At first, I just found there were too much symbolism all over the place, but then it reminded me of a painting.

The whole thing is sort of a Renaissance styled living painting of a self portrait of Kanye and how he views his life or position in society, including what anyone in such a position should expect to experience.

Yes the sword of Damocles or even hubris certainly should play a big part in that as well as the other symbols like that of Horus, the Egyptian god of the sky, war and protection.

There is also the fear of an imminent dethroning that is echoed throughout the video, and the climax with the two men about to behead Kanye.

Now I’m just wondering if he’s calling the Illuminati out or just reiterating that great powers come with great responsibilities (and danger).

I know you said you find rap annoying but in order to understand it you really do have to pay attention to what he is saying in order to get the context of what he means by this song called "Power".

The lyrics in this video are actually pretty awesome PLUS the cut from King Crimsons "21st Century Schizoid Man" plays well into the theme.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The video reminded me of this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ddba480f561.jpg[/atsimg]

A painting in a fictitious rapper's house on the show 'The Boondocks.' The fictitious rapper being the image at the top. In other words, self-indulgent, narcissistic crap.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
First up to everyone beating down Kanye West just look at his achievments and if you can achieve half of what he has i will consider your opinion. Kanye West is a musical genius full of talant so to say he is bad at what he does is not a very clever thing. That being said and done the Video or Art work is about the Messiah and the fact that Kanye believes no one man should hold all the power in the world...listen carefully to the lyrics!

As we all know Nas, Jayz, Kanye, Rihanna, Beyonce and others in their circle have been long affiliated with Freemasonry...The on stage handshakes, the do as thou wilt tee shirts, the video symbolism but more importantly the self confession of these artists through their lyrics.

Yes perhaps they saw an angle in the market and tried a spin on the whole rockerfella thing..global domination of the music market..the diamond in the air (Masonic square and compass logo). Or perhaps they are actual Freemasons...

What Kanye West is doing in this video or artwork is bringing the logos, messiah, or antichrist vision to the world.

People in the know, know that all power is being centralised for the coming avatar, just look at the matrix, avatar itself, many films focusing on the worlds end, prophecy, apocolypse...it is a conditioning of the masses.

The world is being gearer up and prepaired for a massive world show with the Messiah as the guest speaker...and if you think it goes way over your heads or is far fetched you simply havnt done enough of your homework.

Personally i wouldnt dismiss this video as a piece of crap rather i would try to look at the bigger picture and see what it is that Kanye might be trying to tell us.

When a family in the Jewish community give birth to a son they always pray and hope that their son will be the Messiah spoken of in their holy books...this is a known fact amongst Jewish communities, so they believe and live in the hope of a new world Messiah..

So then why would those who study Freemasonry (Kabbalah, Jewish Mysticism, Tree of life) not believe the same thing...Just think about...there is more here than meets the eye.

At least IMHO.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He does have Horus around the chain on his neck, as if acting as an emessary, perhaps do do battle with the modern Set...alongside the accompanying pantheon of various archetypes.

Impressive video, and I'm not usually into this genre and I don't think highly of his media shennanigans, but still...very powerful imagery.

As far as "calling out the Illuminati" - I think the artistic director for this piece was just giving a nod.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 8/7/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

This is Kayne West you are talking about.

You should watch some interviews this guy has given. He has got to be one of the dumbest people walking the planet.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

The whole thing is sort of a Renaissance styled living painting of a self portrait of Kanye and how he views his life or position in society, including what anyone in such a position should expect to experience.

Yes, quite a complete summary of that video but there’s so much more for us to take in. Kanye is definitely adding his own twist with symbolism from Egypt and warfare, and some more.

There is also the fear of an imminent dethroning that is echoed throughout the video, and the climax with the two men about to behead Kanye.

See the image sort of forming a triangle with the all-seeing-eye also?

It’s not rap in general that I find annoying, it’s just so-called new artists that I find are not doing justice to the genre. Old-school from the eighties was much better. Kanye is not the most gifted rapper out there but he definitely has a flair for amazing visual artistry. In the lyrics, he is saying; “no one man should have that much power”. Now that is where I find it intriguing for our modern era. Is he saying that that either we should all be powerful or no great power for just a few(the few that controls the rest).

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

If all rap videos could be like this, I'd forget about all the rest fo sho!

Now, yes! It is an amazing peice of art for a music video, however, such breathtaking Imagery should be accompanied with powerful lyrics because the symbolism goes beyond just eye-catching. Kanye should be aware of that. I’m noticing an increasing trend of black artists using a lot of Egyptian symbolism in their music videos, now I don’t think we can just assumed they’ve been mind-controlled to do so right?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Well, what do we know?! Could a complete idiot even think of tackling such issues? Maybe it’s his dense self trying to get out of the caricature this modern world made of him.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have just listened to what can now be described as "the final song".
It is clear that Kanye has written and performed "the final song",
a true testimony to all of mankinds joys and sufferings.
I burst into tears on the first beat and found myself convulsing in a total body and soul orgasmic contraction at the end.
I am going to now gather all of my books and all of my recordings along with all of my worldly goods and burn them in a pyre to cleanse myself of all I have ever listened to prior or will ever hear in the future.
Kanye has freed my soul and connected me with the eternal god mind.
It is clear to me that we must all now build an entire globe in his honor using the skin of virgins and the hair of babies.
Thank you Kanye.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I’m noticing an increasing trend of black artists using a lot of Egyptian symbolism in their music videos, now I don’t think we can just assumed they’ve been mind-controlled to do so right?

Just because someone understands the power of symbolism and imagery and wields it effectively doesn't automatically make one a MK Victim or Illuminati agent.

If it did, almost every artist throughout in history would be an MK Slave, and that's just stretching it a wee bit.

I think it's more a throwback to regional/cultural symbolism.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join