It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama lie! Tax hikes coming for all!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
I'm with everyone who is saying to both sides to take the blinders off! "They" are both on the same side - regardless of what they say to get elected. Do you notice any "change" for the better? Are you running out of "hope"? If you liked Bush 2, then you must absolutely love Obama since he is spending/doing the same as Bush only faster and more.

If you hate Bush 2, then you must absolutely despise Obama because he is Bush 2 on steroids.

They are both to blame for the current mess that the country is in as well as all of congress. Neither has taken the side of citizens over big money corporations. Have WE THE PEOPLE been bailed out? No, only the banks, Wall Street, the auto industry...

Hey Bush/Obama/congress - I'm having problems making ends meet. I keep supporting my adult children because there are no real jobs outside of fast food for them. Where's MY bailout?

I 100% agree with you. these tax incresses will hurt all. its going to make it harder for me thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

How about posting some sources then?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/336af0ab3421.gif[/atsimg]

Here are the FACTS about income taxes for 2011. Clearly, only the wealthy earning more than around $180k are going to see an increase in taxes. Your post makes it sound as if it's everyone...that's a LIE! But keep on repeating Beck's factless rants

Here's another link going into even more detail. Most of the claims you made (coming from biased BLOGS and not legit news/government sources) are either wrong or blown out of proportion.

You won't have to pay 15% as the lowest bracket for example...they just decreased the lowest bracket $ amount by $50 (lol). So now you have to pay 15% if you earn $8376 compared to $8425 before. Yeah...drastic changes, let's start a revolution

It's pretty clear that if you look at the actual figures instead of just repeating whatever biased bloggers type, you'll see that really only the top earners will have to pay more.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

here are a few, im going to have to look up more. i was stupid and did not write my sources down. This is what is in place unless congress acts now!

www.businessinsider.com...

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

lol thats in the proposed 2011 tax braket in the 2010 budget that never passed. stop trying to degrade me man. what i posted in the OP is law now. stop caling me a GB fan. i watched his show once.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You are right. Everyone is going to pay more taxes in 2011. The Bush tax cuts for EVERYONE is set to expire at the end of the year so be ready to send more of your hard earned cash to the corrupt federal government.

People are being lied to. Don't believe that only people making over 250k per year are going to be paying more taxes. We are all going to take a hit.

The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are set to expire at the end of 2010. Thus, if Congress doesn’t act, the relatively low income tax rates that we’ve been enjoying (hah! enjoying?) will soon be a thing of the past. They will be replaced by the pre-2001 tax brackets.

In other words, the 10%, 15%, 25%, 28%, 33% and 35% tax brackets that we’ve grown accustomed to will be replaced by 15%, 28%, 31%, 36%, and 39.6% brackets.

www.fivecentnickel.com...

Congress is not going to do anything. They are going to let the tax cuts expire for all of us. Open your eyes everyone!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My taxes are going up, my family makes less than 250k (not even close to half). I am not rich, but as of right now Jan 1st my taxes will increase. I don't understand all these clowns saying only the rich are getting taxed more. I'M RIGHT HERE.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

WOW, JUST WOW!!!

This is not going to effect ANYONE BUT THE VERY WEALTHY who have had ENOUGH luxury and BREAKS from the last 8 years!!!!

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS FOLKS!!!

The OP is spewing 100% FEAR that is 100% untrue. Its the USUAL textbook norm for die-hard spoiled Republican wealthy class of moral-less, uncompassionate self-centered folk who care NOTHING of our country, and ONLY care for their EXCESSIVELY FAT wallets.

I dont have time right now to CORRECT the OP's nonsense (LIES), but please folks, DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS. The OP is spewing NONSENSE here!!

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ExRepublican]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
In 2011 I will not pay one dime in federal taxes. I will make the IRS come take it. Government has failed stop taxing us.

You see, if "THE PEOPLE" would join ranks together, this would work.

It actually brought the price of gasoline down a while back, people stopped driving.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

How about posting some sources then?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/336af0ab3421.gif[/atsimg]

Here are the FACTS about income taxes for 2011. Clearly, only the wealthy earning more than around $180k are going to see an increase in taxes. Your post makes it sound as if it's everyone...that's a LIE! But keep on repeating Beck's factless rants

Here's another link going into even more detail. Most of the claims you made (coming from biased BLOGS and not legit news/government sources) are either wrong or blown out of proportion.

You won't have to pay 15% as the lowest bracket for example...they just decreased the lowest bracket $ amount by $50 (lol). So now you have to pay 15% if you earn $8376 compared to $8425 before. Yeah...drastic changes, let's start a revolution

It's pretty clear that if you look at the actual figures instead of just repeating whatever biased bloggers type, you'll see that really only the top earners will have to pay more.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by MrXYZ]

to awnser your edit, ok yeah that looks great but that is proposed. its not law. hell i would love that to pass. i cant aford more taxes but as of right now what i wrote in my OP is law of the land. please re read your sources where they say PROPOSED NEW BRAKETS. but as of right now that will not pass the house

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Can we please stop bickering about the puppets, already? Stop watching MSM, else learn to see that it's all propaganda. It's a means to keep you from seeing your true enemy, the elite ruling class, the international banking cartel and groupies. They take as much as they can without causing a revolution. If we seem to be getting a break, it's because they realize that we're too pissed off at the moment. Quite obvious for anyone who's in the know.

I'm for non-partisan lynching of ALL OF THEM !!

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
In 2011 I will not pay one dime in federal taxes. I will make the IRS come take it. Government has failed stop taxing us.

Thank you for doing your moral duty, fellow patriot!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Thank your LOCAL politicians, that has NOTHING to do with this thread or the Obama admin.

Please folks DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!

DO YOUR RESEARCH, dont accept this FEAR MONGERING.

Typical Republican nonsense!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExRepublican

WOW, JUST WOW!!!

This is not going to effect ANYONE BUT THE VERY WEALTHY who have had ENOUGH luxury and BREAKS from the last 8 years!!!!

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS FOLKS!!!

The OP is spewing 100% FEAR that is 100% untrue. Its the USUAL textbook norm for diehard spoiled Republican wealthy class of moraless, uncompassionate self-centered folk who care NOTHING of our country, and ONLY care for their EXCESSIVELY FAT wallets.

I dont have time right now to HUMILIATE the OP's nonsense, but please folks, DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS. The OP is spewing NONSENSE here!!

can you please make the time? this is not a republican vs dem argument. please explain any fears im spilling and back them up with facts and not proposed bills like some of these counter sources. or our you just ranting in a soviet type tax everyone for the common good style. if so then you dont need to say anything.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

For I know that the hypnotized never lie

Do ya?

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

[edit on 023131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My friend camaro68ss
Don't you just love those Die Hard Obama Supporters, that only want to Blame Bush for every problem we have in America and The World.

Let then try reading: thehill.com...
President Obama’s budget seeks an end to tax break for the middle class
By Walter Alarkon - 02/01/10 09:28 PM ET ,
Grappling to contain record deficits, President Barack Obama is seeking to end a middle-class tax break he once said would be permanent.

The $3.8 trillion budget request rolled out by the White House on Monday would renew the Making Work Pay tax credit for fiscal 2011, but then would have it sunset.

That’s a switch from last year, when Obama’s budget called for making the tax credit permanent.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Byron Williams
Columnist, pastor of the Resurrection Community Church Oakland, CA.
Obama Must Renege on Tax Promise if We Want Universal Health Care.

www.newsmax.com...
By: Jim Meyers
Grover Norquist: Bush Tax Cut Expiration Will Cost Taxpayers $1 Trillion.

Allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire at the end of this year, as the Democrats plan, will in fact result in “about a trillion-dollar tax increase on the American people over the next decade,” Norquist says.

“It would be the largest tax increase in American history, and it would take every marginal tax rate and increase it. The taxes on businesses, on capital gains, would be very high.
Asked about proposals for a national sales tax known as a value-added tax, or VAT, Norquist tells Newsmax:

“A VAT is a very bad idea. It is true that it is what the Democrats plan to do. It is Obama’s goal.

“Obama and the Democrats have been moving the United States toward the European social welfare model. That has a VAT, on average in Europe, of 20 percent.

The problem is with what we have Governing us in Washington, They believe we are making money and they don't believe they are getting their share!
I say give them the location to the unemployment office. Vote the Scum Out, All of them and Remember to Vote out Obama, Hell, I'd vote for Roger Rabbit before I voted for Obama.

You get your tax break card yet? As promised by Obama.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b948b6b0acd4.jpg[/atsimg]
Keep it in your Wallet or Taped to your Refrigerator Door, You know it's worthless, Right?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
how disgusting, they are going for a major grab.

this is going to become a replay of 1776..

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with some of you people? You would rather jump in and just rant based on virtually nothing but rumors...like you're just waiting for any excuse...than to discuss and debate and find out the facts first?

I mean, come on, first determine if there's even anything here to rant about. Otherwise you be looking pretty dim. If you want to just rant, go to the rant forum, okay?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
And what do you think forced him to make that $1.4bil spending??? 8 years under Bush who allowed Wall Street companies to do pretty much whatever they wanted with his deregulation.

Ah, yes. "It's all Bush's fault!"

The rallying cry of the Obama supporters.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
What the hell is wrong with some of you people? You would rather jump in and just rant based on virtually nothing but rumors...like you're just waiting for any excuse...than to discuss and debate and find out the facts first?

I mean, come on, first determine if there's even anything here to rant about. Otherwise you be looking pretty dim. If you want to just rant, go to the rant forum, okay?

these are no rumors. their all real! facts are check.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I didn't call you an idiot blogger. It was clear you copied that from somewhere. I see you've fixed that now.

Now. Did you answer my first question? Is this the withholding table issue again? I can't tell from your sources, and it doesn't seem like anyone else is getting their knickers into a twist about this.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

no thats the tax braket percentage increases. everyone is going up. look up your income then go to a tax bracket website and they will tell you your percentage you should pay in taxes based on your income.

the withholding your talking about was this year were obama said he was cutting taxes but all he did was decress the withholdings from everyones checks. your still going to have to pay for those withholding at the end of the year. he just took money from one had and put it in the other. shell games.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join