It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama lie! Tax hikes coming for all!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

In just 4 months, the largest tax hikes in the history of America will take effect.They will hit families and small businesses in three great waves on
January 1, 2011:

First Wave:
Expiration of 2001 and 2003 Tax Relief

atr.org...
I say walcome to the double dip America. you think americans are bearly holding on now. Wait till this hits. Hope and Change! :flame

[edit on 4-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Wed Aug 4 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
What did you expect given the MASSIVE deficit created under Bush? Who did you expect to pay for that??

Either way, most working- or middle-class citizens actually got a tax cut this year...but it kinda makes sense that it can't go on like that. The people who are being taxed more belong mostly to the top 1% in terms of wealth...so unless you belong to them, stop acting like you got sand in your vagina

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
What did you expect given the MASSIVE deficit created under Bush? Who did you expect to pay for that??

Either way, most working- or middle-class citizens actually got a tax cut this year...but it kinda makes sense that it can't go on like that. The people who are being taxed more belong mostly to the top 1% in terms of wealth...so unless you belong to them, stop acting like you got sand in your vagina

did you even read what i posted??? did you even read the tax braket incresses i wrote? thats for everyone not just the rich! im going to get hit with almost $200 less a month in my bracket

Stop watching MSNBC! you dont even know the diference between deficit and debt do you? the most deficit spending by bush came out to $600 billion in his highest spending year. OBAMA's was 1.43 trillion his first year. get your fact right and read the post next time jack!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

And what do you think forced him to make that $1.4bil spending??? 8 years under Bush who allowed Wall Street companies to do pretty much whatever they wanted with his deregulation.

Obama had 2 choices:

1) Let all those companies fail, pulling down a lot of other companies in the process. This would have resulted in short- to medium-term unemployment beyond anything we experienced now. With medium-term I'm talking about 5-10yrs!

2) Bail out those companies in order to prevent lay-offs on the scale mentioned above. It would result in a huge deficit that year, but social costs resulting from not bailing out those companies would have probably come very close to the $1.4bil figure anyway.

Fact is, most of Obama's spending was the DIRECT result of what Bush did during his 8 years. You can't just pull out troops from one day of the other after waging an 8 year war! Health care reform was definitely needed, even if it's kinda sad the public option was left out.

I'll ask you again: Who do you think would pay for 8 years of Bush's mismanagement? Fairies?

It's not as if Obama (and the next few presidents for that matter) has a lot of choice really. The deregulation of the finance industry, resulting in the current economic crisis was VERY costly. Not happy with the fact that now citizens have to come up with the money? Send the bill to the person who helped create the crisis by deregulating the whole finance industry on Wall Street...last I checked he lives in Texas.

I'm no fan of the bailouts fyi! But the people bitching about them don't seem to understand that the alternative (not bailing those companies out) would have had severe consequences for citizens. You think unemployment is high now? How high do you think it would be without bailouts?

You are a voting citizen, right? Anyone who supported Bush and voted for him now can't come back and bitch about rising taxes...cause guess what! You voted for the guy who created the whole mess in the first place, or at least the government did under his leadership.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is this that withholding table thing again or actual taxes?

From everything I've read, they're going to maintain or decrease taxes on the middle class.

A bit of research and a few links to sources of your information might help you here.

[edit on 8/4/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You are a voting citizen, right? Anyone who supported Bush and voted for him now can't come back and bitch about rising taxes...cause guess what! You voted for the guy who created the whole mess in the first place, or at least the government did under his leadership.

Are you assuming he voted for Bush simply because he posted a thread that rails against an Obama policy?

Take off your political blinders, please.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Are you assuming he voted for Bush simply because he posted a thread that rails against an Obama policy?

I agree, I hate bush for his first bail out, i hate Obama even more for his nearly trillion dollar bail out. Company should not be bailed out! i dont care what would have happened. its not the goverments problem. if they risk and fail let them fall. there are thousands of other smaller companys that would have filled the void!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Thank you for that, we need to come together as a county and take it back, I desperately need health care but never liked this package,

It is good to see the people at least making an attempt.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I can't wait until the day when everyone realizes that it never mattered who is / was president of the U.S. during these times because they ALL have the same agenda.

Waking up would help right about now… I'm not talking about being asleep and thinking you're awake… but REALLY awake.

It really upsets me when the name Obama comes up and right away there is an attack on Bush and those who voted for him.

What does it matter now? Both of them are evil with evil agendas. PERIOD.

Why should we attack each other when instead we should be pointing out the REAL crooks? I guess they succeeded in tearing us apart. And divided we fall. *sigh

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. The MSM has once again fed the lie of your being overtaxed when if you make less than $250000 a year, YOU ARE BEING TAXED LESS THAN BUSH JR TAXED YOU. Take off the Obama hate blinders, God forbid you actually do research before you start bleating on a public forum.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I agree, I hate bush for his first bail out, i hate Obama even more for his nearly trillion dollar bail out.

But that wasn't a 'bailout' the majority of that money actually went to tax cuts. The rest has gone to the States to keep them afloat from their massive losses in 2008, unemployment payments for those that ran out of state benefits, and infrastructure and public works programs to provide work. Everyone can argue about whether it's working or not but the fact is, it was money spent to help the people v.s money spent to help the banks.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

I'm pretty sure the real topic of the thread is let's bash Obama. Taxes are just the latest talking point on the idiot blogs, which is probably where this BS came from. An idiot blog pretty far off the beaten path from any MSM or reality.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So true, it doesn't matter who is in office, it could be a purple, 10 eyed, mutant sock puppet for all I care. What matters is none of our elected officials seem to care about the people who put them there. Letting the deficit rise to enormous levels, while still supporting hidden agendas and pork barrel projects is a gross misuse of tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
This is ridiculous. The MSM has once again fed the lie of your being overtaxed when if you make less than $250000 a year, YOU ARE BEING TAXED LESS THAN BUSH JR TAXED YOU. Take off the Obama hate blinders, God forbid you actually do research before you start bleating on a public forum.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

hahaha no my friend you are being blinded. take off your I love Obama shirt and look it up. google tax brakets for 2011 and go to the goverment site. and how am i being taxed less? i have seen no such bill pass the house saying im going to be taxed less. the brakets have been the same since 2001 and they expire jan 1, 2011. you should look thinks up before you talk. you are being lied too. wake up!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

LOL Well I can guarantee you he voted for Bush. I can tell by his Fox guided mind. OBTW the tax increase is on the rich.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by zcflint05

I'm pretty sure the real topic of the thread is let's bash Obama. Taxes are just the latest talking point on the idiot blogs, which is probably where this BS came from. An idiot blog pretty far off the beaten path from any MSM or reality.

How am i an idiot blog.... these are facts! where did i bash obama in this thread? this "blog" is about tax incresses. something you should all be mad about but i guess im wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
reply to post by eNumbra

LOL Well I can guarantee you he voted for Bush. I can tell by his Fox guided mind. OBTW the tax increase is on the rich.

OMG its not for the rich! look at the tax brakets i posted in the OP on top. those increses are for everyone. I guess if your making 0-$8,375 a year in the first braket at 10% going to 15% next year then yeah it for the Rich.

Im tired of the bashing other members, im going to try my best to stop, it gets you no where. with that said how do i have a fox guided mind? because i bring the facts to the table? can you handle the truth that you been lied to? Or is that why you back lash at me? please do your own searches and find out for yourself. then come back and say your sorry to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm with everyone who is saying to both sides to take the blinders off! "They" are both on the same side - regardless of what they say to get elected. Do you notice any "change" for the better? Are you running out of "hope"? If you liked Bush 2, then you must absolutely love Obama since he is spending/doing the same as Bush only faster and more.

If you hate Bush 2, then you must absolutely despise Obama because he is Bush 2 on steroids.

They are both to blame for the current mess that the country is in as well as all of congress. Neither has taken the side of citizens over big money corporations. Have WE THE PEOPLE been bailed out? No, only the banks, Wall Street, the auto industry...

Hey Bush/Obama/congress - I'm having problems making ends meet. I keep supporting my adult children because there are no real jobs outside of fast food for them. Where's MY bailout?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
In 2011 I will not pay one dime in federal taxes. I will make the IRS come take it. Government has failed stop taxing us.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join