It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOme of you simply don't understand what illegal immigration does to this country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Carlos Slim...not only the wealthiest man in Mexico, but the wealthiest man in the world according to Forbes...

...started out with a dollar in his pocket. Nobody 'gave' him his willpower to work. He did it all on his own. Nobody in Mexica handed him food stamps, welfare checks and buckets of stimulus money.

And Carlos Slim has informed his own children that they have to 'earn' their own money. Nothing will be given to them 'gratis.'

Let's face it, you can be a failure in America. You can be a failure in Mexico. You can be a failure in any country you are in. That means you are just a failure.

Standing there with your hand out waiting for the government to give you somebody else's money just makes you that much a larger failure.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fred call

But the reality is only one in so many thousands can do what that guy did.

If everyone suddenly new how to make a fortune then that fortune wouldn't be a fortune anymore because it would just cause inflation.

It would be like flooding the market with cash, the economy would fail.

Who would clean the sewers, take out your garbage, cut your hair, drive your buses, make things for you to buy. Money takes away motivation, why would anyone bother working anymore if we could all make millions? No one could be coerced, though threat of poverty, to do dangerous, or dirty, jobs.

It's simply not reality to assume everyone can be wealthy under capitalism, as capitalism requires poverty and class divisions to survive.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I disagree completely with the OP.

The majority of illegal aliens that enter into this country are from Mexico. How many jobs do they "steal" that you would readily do? I'm not stereotyping, but they are mostly hired by farmers, by people that own nice mansions with a spacious yard, and fast food restaurants.

Would you work any of those jobs? Probably not.

Try working just ONE DAY out in a hot orchard in southern California picking oranges or something, and getting paid $1 for every giant bowl of oranges you pick, each of which weighs upwards of 20 pounds.

Then come back and tell me after your 12-hour shift, making $12-$15, that we should still enact slavery.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by tylerdurden89]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by tylerdurden89]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I don't think it's simply that your "opposition" (being people who don't fully agree with you) does not know what illegal immigration is doing to this country. There are problems of perspective here in that some of us who know a bit more tend to not view it as hysterically as some of the people whipped up into a frenzy about it. This isn't the big issue here, the problem is many of us simply don't agree with your solutions. We don't see them as viable or fair.

There's really no point in screaming about that at the end of the day. You won't convince everyone by calling them stupid, marxist, liberal, progressive, retarded, naive, illegal lover or any other thing that can be thought up. If anything you will just seal their opinion of you as a jerk.

All a pointless endeavor really.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Deport them all.
2nd line: as soon as possible.
It's the law.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Democrats want them to be citizens for one reason and one reason only. They WILL get 50 million+ more votes each year. Unreal............. Selling the country down the drain for more money in the pockets of some professional politicians who haven't worked an honest day in their lives!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When you accept a self vision of yourself standing in line with a beggging bowl, then you will be standing in a line with a begging bowl.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I happen to be watching the classic movie 'The Magnificent Seven."

Had liberals names this movie, it would be "The Insignificant Seven."

And liberals would have named all the cowboys after the Seven Dwarves.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
When you accept a self vision of yourself standing in line with a beggging bowl, then you will be standing in a line with a begging bowl.

Oh so that's it, poor people made themselves poor because they accepted a vision of themselves being poor.

OK I'm gonna vision myself a millionaire, I'll see you poverty stricken chumps later...Hehe I'm gonna be rich!

I told you it had nothing to do with 'working hard'.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Democrats are really afraid of losing Arizona in the Electoral College.

Now that Rhode Island and Virginia have issued orders to their police to check immigration status, the movement spreads.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Our taxes are being inflated to a point of no return! We pay for the healthcare of mexicans who do NOT pay taxes because they are illegal they have no social security how do you think they keep their health here? No hospital can turn them away. When OBAMA talks of amnesty it is to ensure he gets the next election won by securing the spanish vote! Then on term 2 he will really turn up the heat! He will get elected all he has to do is keep fighting Arizona and he looks like a HERO to Mexican illegals. I think it is a TRAVESTY that our PRESIDENT is fighting for illegals who pay NO taxes however ALL citizens of Arizona do PAY taxes and they are the ones who have the worry about OBAMA sending them to JAIL in a FEDERAL COURT for trying to protect TAX PAYING ARIZONA CITIZENS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU GUYS CANNOT SEE WHAT THIS JOKE PRETEND PRESIDENT IS DOING THEN IM SORRY YOUR BUT THAT IGNORANCE IS A POISON TO OUR INTEGRITY AS A WORLD POWER! GOOD THING WE VOTED DOWN THE HEALTHCARE ONLY FOR HIM TO SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROATS ANYWAY!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

And if your new vision of yourself does make you a millionaire, allow me to be among the first to congratulate you for having shed that vision of you standing around holding out a beggar's bowl.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
before anyone else opens their pie hole, please educate yourself as to what the difference is between an Immigrant and an Illegal Immigrant. Big freakin difference.

I don't see them as slaves. But I do think that breaking the law should not be allowed. If you think it should, then abolish the laws. We can live in anarchy. Just stop the hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Not this again........... When will people ever learn that the illegals isnt the problem....... the problem is OUR GOVERNMENTS, they want all of this to happen. While You people go back and forth blaming the illegals, calling one another racist, Dem Vs. Rep,etc,etc.. They out there making business, trafficking drugs,Pimping women,etc. People need to realize all of this is done by design. This is why this country is going to # slowly. They have each and everyone going against each other while they in the background laughing,watching and making money, its all a distraction.
If people in USA wasnt all into the BS, We all would be going against the government , just like 1776, everyone was an illegal, no one cared who came from where, just as long they come in here and help start building a country under the king until "coughs" they overused their powers"coughs". I doubt the 13 colonies went back and forth going at each while our the British in the background enjoying some distraction that they started so people can stay busy with each other instead of seeing the bigger picture of the British agenda and revolting against the king.

I'm hispanic myself and I have no damn problem with anyone from any country coming in here trying to make a better life like my parents tried to do and each and everyone of your past families done the same, this is why you all are in this damn country. What we should be blaming is THIS SYSTEM THAT WAS DESIGNED to keep us from seeing the bigger picture. And you wonder why the Government has been taken over slowly. HA.HA

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
reply to post by ANOK

And if your new vision of yourself does make you a millionaire, allow me to be among the first to congratulate you for having shed that vision of you standing around holding out a beggar's bowl.

First off I never said I was poor, that's your assumption. Unless you consider anything less than a millionaire, poor?

Secondly, if you really believe what you're saying then all I can say is, how naive can you get?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
Not this again........... When will people ever learn that the illegals isnt the problem....... the problem is OUR GOVERNMENTS, they want all of this to happen. While You people go back and forth blaming the illegals, calling one another racist, Dem Vs. Rep,etc,etc.. They out there making business, trafficking drugs,Pimping women,etc. People need to realize all of this is done by design. This is why this country is going to # slowly. They have each and everyone going against each other while they in the background laughing,watching and making money, its all a distraction.
If people in USA wasnt all into the BS, We all would be going against the government , just like 1776, everyone was an illegal, no one cared who came from where, just as long they come in here and help start building a country under the king until "coughs" they overused their powers"coughs". I doubt the 13 colonies went back and forth going at each while our the British in the background enjoying some distraction that they started so people can stay busy with each other instead of seeing the bigger picture of the British agenda and revolting against the king.

I'm hispanic myself and I have no damn problem with anyone from any country coming in here trying to make a better life like my parents tried to do and each and everyone of your past families done the same, this is why you all are in this damn country. What we should be blaming is THIS SYSTEM THAT WAS DESIGNED to keep us from seeing the bigger picture. And you wonder why the Government has been taken over slowly. HA.HA

Did you come legally?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Deport them all.
It's the law.

Yeah, lets be hypocritical because even though our ancestors killed and drove back most of the Native Americans in order to set up a new country...we're definitely not immigrants. We are ancestors of immigrants. So...if we should deport all the illegals, can I go back in time and deport all the colonists with the updated version of the constitution?

Hypothetical situation. Let's say the United States is invaded by the Chinese, and you live in the U.S. Overwhelmed by the masses of Chinese soldiers, and you didn't have a passport or green card ID for Mexico or Canada, and you got to one of the borders, and they didn't let you in. How would you feel?

Or lets just say you were born in Mexico. You grew up impoverished, and wanted to seek a better life. You drink water from a stream that doesn't flow very well and half the time it makes you vomit. Eventually, you get used to it. You work out in the fields all day and you make about 100 pesos, or $10 a day, which is just enough money to put food on the table for your family. Would you give up your crappy life to go work in the U.S. where you get paid 10x as much to work the same crappy job in a field, that no American would actually do? The fact of the matter is, if you wanted to get rid of all the illegal immigrants, there would be either two results:

A) A massive food shortage due to lack of pickers in the fields, thus, massive amounts of food going to waste and rotting

B) The price of fruits and vegetables skyrockets 10 fold or more, because only Americans are allowed to work in the fields and demand more pay.

Even if Americans were paid minimum wage to pick fruits and vegetables in the fields, the price of fruits and vegetables would go up by about 1000%, given the current wages of illegal immigrants. Are you prepared to pay $55/pound for oranges, cherries, apples, or other farm foods? Or would you just buy processed foods, which eventually give you cancer/lower longevity?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

Our taxes are being inflated to a point of no return!

And you keep paying

We pay for the healthcare of mexicans who do NOT pay taxes because they are illegal they have no social security how do you think they keep their health here?

Not all mexicans are illegal. Please tell me how anyone can escape paying some kind of tax in the US?

Furthermore you pay for millions of Americans without insurance and for Americans like me who can't pay what the insurance doesn't cover.

Thank you for your donation.

When OBAMA talks of amnesty it is to ensure he gets the next election won by securing the spanish vote!

Didn't know the Spanish vote was the key to the election.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerdurden89

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Deport them all.
It's the law.

Yeah, lets be hypocritical because even though our ancestors killed and drove back most of the Native Americans in order to set up a new country...we're definitely not immigrants. We are ancestors of immigrants. So...if we should deport all the illegals, can I go back in time and deport all the colonists with the updated version of the constitution?

Hypothetical situation. Let's say the United States is invaded by the Chinese, and you live in the U.S. Overwhelmed by the masses of Chinese soldiers, and you didn't have a passport or green card ID for Mexico or Canada, and you got to one of the borders, and they didn't let you in. How would you feel?

Or lets just say you were born in Mexico. You grew up impoverished, and wanted to seek a better life. You drink water from a stream that doesn't flow very well and half the time it makes you vomit. Eventually, you get used to it. You work out in the fields all day and you make about 100 pesos, or $10 a day, which is just enough money to put food on the table for your family. Would you give up your crappy life to go work in the U.S. where you get paid 10x as much to work the same crappy job in a field, that no American would actually do? The fact of the matter is, if you wanted to get rid of all the illegal immigrants, there would be either two results:

A) A massive food shortage due to lack of pickers in the fields, thus, massive amounts of food going to waste and rotting

B) The price of fruits and vegetables skyrockets 10 fold or more, because only Americans are allowed to work in the fields and demand more pay.

Even if Americans were paid minimum wage to pick fruits and vegetables in the fields, the price of fruits and vegetables would go up by about 1000%, given the current wages of illegal immigrants. Are you prepared to pay $55/pound for oranges, cherries, apples, or other farm foods? Or would you just buy processed foods, which eventually give you cancer/lower longevity?

Are you prepared to let everyone in all countrys come in at will?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

If people in USA wasnt all into the BS, We all would be going against the government ,

Too much common sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join