It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Compelling UFO Footage From Costa Rica?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This footage is from 2007, but I couldn't find it when using the search function. It's an interesting clip from a news channel where they analyze the clip as well as talking with the witness, but it's not possible for me to understand what is being said. Would be interesting and much appreciated if anyone could translate it. I don't know what to make of it, hopefully you will... Anyway here it is;

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Could be a pie tin on a string. Has the original video file been turned over for analysis? Any corroborating witnesses (looks like his buddy William missed it)? Any other videos from a different vantage point. If the answer to these is no then chalk this as a non event.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I presume this has been discussed here as this footage came out a while back.

Notice that...

1) The image freezes when he zooms (a trait of cheaper cameras).

2) The image is so blurry you cannot tell the distance of that thing.

3) It makes a strange move to the right and changes angle so you are seeing either the top of the bottom of it.

A compelling clip but lacking in enough content to be easy to analyse.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its hard to tell how far away the "UFO" is from the camera.

Its look like it might possibly be an object with a string attatched being held in front of the camera.

I didnt however notice any string in the video, thats just the feeling I got from watching it.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I agree the clip is barely much to go by.
Interesting clip though.

However, the witnesses and their testimony is what causes me to rethink this incident.

The witnesses really sound like they honestly believe what they are saying.

So perhaps this is a legit sighting. A lot of it has the aura of genuine.

Also why would these guys fake this? You realize they could lose their jobs and face ridicule for it?

They are not making any attempts to cash in from this are they?? Doesn't look like it...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Absolutely amazing footage at 1:40 where the guy drills a hole in his thumb without flinching.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It looks like a Motorola V series phone. It's pretty basic and i doubt there was an *app* to add the object into the footage, so would have had to have been done afterwards.

I'm assuming there is some quite steep ravine into which the object was supposed to have dipped ?

Interesting footage and as others have pointed out, doesn't seem like the guy has been out to make money from it or is a serial poster of UFO pics. As for the quality...what do you expect? The guy took the footage with what he had to hand. You can hardly blame him for not owning a HD camera he lugs around carpentry jobs with him can you?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Droogie.....

Thanks for posting that interesting video.

I recall seeing it previously & reading about it, but I cannot recall the details.

It would be very interesting if you could find some more background material pertaining to this case.

I will try to do that too, if I get time during the weekend.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

This video discussed here December 2007, five pages.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by free_spirit]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Droogie.....

I'm in a bit of a hurry right now.....

Here are some links I grabbed for you. I've not looked at the contents in any detail.

inexplicata.blogspot.com...

www.nationalufocenter.com...

www.theufochronicles.com...

Edit to add:

I note the previous threads linked to by FS.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a strong opinion this is a hoax.

I'll read all that in more detail later on.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
[edit on 30-7-2010 by Lil Drummerboy]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thanks for those links! I've reviewed them and it seems they all are based on the same sources. At least the analyst, Ana Luisa Cid, thinks the footage is likely to be genuine. According to her website she seems to have looked at a lot of UFO footage over the years.

I wasn't able to use any excerpts from this source, but it's pretty informative.

UFO Blog: Costa Rica UFO

reply to post by free_spirit

Thanks. It seems like the general consensus is that the UFO is a fake, there's no one that really points out anything concrete about the video that makes one able to discern if it's in fact fake or not. It just "seems" fake to the majority.

There are the usual pointers in the direction of a fake however. The sound doesn't really make it an objective way of looking at the footage, although it might have been added by the youtube user that uploaded it.

Also, the fact that he suddenly seems to have spasms in a critical point in the video, when the alleged UFO seems to turn vertically, is highly conspicuous.

However, it's hard to conclude what it really is without an objective look at the video with a proper analysis. Which I am not able to do.

But my opinion so far is that the footage remains inconclusive, although I have a foot in the hoax-camp.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

The clip can be edited on the pc then converted to the cellphone, with the appropriate format to be played. But this guy doesn't look like he could do that.
And somehow he sounds credible. There is a possibility that the ufo could be attached to a string. And for those who are saying the camera is to shaky, poor quality and etc remember that this is the real world and many of the people don't have the skills to film it right. Really, a very common mistake the people make is to move the camera very quickly thus blurring video, or zoom with the digital zoom and my favorite I've noticed some of them don't press the auto focus button correctly they should press it halfway then when the camera focuses all the way down but they just press all the way down and don't give the camera time to focus(not video camera). And some of them panic when they are in that situation.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm calling "pie plate on a string" on this one:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a824ee1f76e.jpg[/atsimg]

Negative:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab49ad45e937.jpg[/atsimg]

Here are the last few frames of it, where I think either the wind caught it, or buddy with the fishing pole bobbled it and pulled it out of frame...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ce20dab5795.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

FosterVS.....

The possible "string" you have circled does add to the strong suspicions this is a hoax.

The problem continues to be that with the preponderance of hoaxes & poor quality videos, the day something "real" pops us we will probably be so jaded with this whole area we will risk saying.....

"Meeh.....more BS....."

This whole subject is a big worry!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Thanks for this contribution to the discussion! I'll have to look a bit more on those pictures, but you're onto something. This is the strongest and best concrete evidence I've seen so far pointing in the direction of a hoax.

reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I agree. If one looks at a lot of promising footage like this, that constantly is being prooved to be a hoax, it's not very good at all. Eventually one will become prejudice against everything new that comes up and might dismiss it without giving it a fair chance. I don't know if that will add to any healthy skepticism.

[edit on 1/8/10 by Droogie]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
If someone somehow in a miraculous way filmed a PERFECT
extra terrestrial flying object, that was also filmed by
1000s of other ppl. It would be called FAKE..

Just because its a PERFECT film..

So either way, blurry or perfect..Its fake..

Right..

top topics

join