It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs caught on news report about fire near Idaho National Laboratory

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by harryposter

Harryposter.....

Aaaah.......Sheilaalien.

Yes.....I noticed that one.

What an absolute shocker!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
observe50:

Trouble is there is none. For the most part, they seem to show some pretty odd stripes, and thoroughly believe their "opinions" slam all other possiblities. And when there are witnesses, their opinions matter a lot less. The photo is just an extra, usually just capturing a streak of the lights covering them, that just ads some support to testimony, because the testimony is the most important, especially if there are other things occurring.

Tried looking through videos to see if its just been caught by someone looking at video, or witnesses. If theres witnesses, thats a lot of people who wouldnt agree with the bird, people who see birds, and crafts, and already can tell.

So there is my question. With an object like that in the sky, if its a craft, surely all those people would have noticed it.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Unity_99]

Trouble is people involved in Idaho were caring more about their homes and the fire coming to them than trying to spot a bird or an alien or whatever it was crossing the fumed sky in a blink of an eye, don't you think?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by stirling
Just love the beating the dead horse part.......!
Birds are a common cause of UFO films....i think this is one of those cases....

Stirling.....

Yup.....birds!

I'm having trouble with the screen capture.

In the morning, I'll grab some frames that clearly show extended wings.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Yeah, and just photoshop the frames, no one will notice...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mario Maisto

Originally posted by stirling
Just love the beating the dead horse part.......!
Birds are a common cause of UFO films....i think this is one of those cases....

Stirling.....
Yup.....birds!

I'm having trouble with the screen capture.
In the morning, I'll grab some frames that clearly show extended wings.

Which of the two sightings are you referring?

Mario Maisto.....

I'm not sure which video it was without re-checking & my I swear my eyes will fall out if I look at any more video tonight!

I'll look properly for you in the morning.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

You posted this at 2.16pm UK time.
Where the hell are you? China? Still too early to go to bed there...
California? Good morning!
Papeete or Moorea maybe? That would match your statement and make some sense, if...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by harryposter

Harryposter.....

Regarding your "time of posting" question, I reside in Oz!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 31-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red_xi
Have to agree, looks like a bird to me

Oh yeah I agree too, you can see the wings and the feathers and even the eyes and all, it's an albino peacock actually, approximately aged 6 or 7, look closer...
Or maybe a Pterodactyl smoking some pot, but definitely a bird indeed!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

Originally posted by observe50
I feel until these are looked at by a professioal that has studied them it should be listed as a UFO.

The problem with doing that is that "UFO" means "aliens" now.

I think a lot of people would be a lot more willing to concede that they don't know what something is if that something weren't going to be defined as alien when that happens.

Put the Unidentified back in UFO, please.

No one ever took Unidentified out of 'UFO', except the skeptics or wannabe know-it-alls, no need to put it back then. If it ain't broken, don't fix it...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Back on topic please. Cease the nonsensical posting and make sure your replies are aimed towards the topic instead of fellow members.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Post bans to follow if we can't follow very simple instructions to keep things clean and on topic.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Unknown Origin

If you watch the videos you will see that there is a difference in what he is talking about and the aircraft fightingthe fire. In the first video you can see that the object in question is moving faster and seems to come out of no where in the video. If you look at 1:28 you cannot see it then at 1:27 it comes into view and looks to be moving pretty quick. Also if its a plane you would see the wings or the tail section, and a helicopter you would hear the rotors and see the rotors if they are that close. I cannot say how close the object is, but you should be able to see to see some characteristics of the air craft.

It's an old Ford Phoenix 2148, I've got one parked in the basement and I can tell you they are crap. Now in 2163 they are translucid, it's great when you are time-travelling on paid holiday without being noticed.
It's bloody fast too, you can have like a month holiday and get back to work 24 hours after leaving... so it's very efficient, especially knowing we now have only 3 days paid annual leave.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by IAttackPeople

You could be right, but it just isn't in view long enough to see exactly what it is. I can say that it is not a bird.It is moving at a quick pace whatever it is.

I think the first one was a plane with the sunlight reflecting on it.
The second one though is definitely not a bird or a plane or a helicopter. I told you it's my crappy Ford Phoenix 2148, sorry about the mess I caused...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Yes, it is the first thought when something is presented as adbnormal, because I am not the only one in my family with experiences, and they weren't human by our standards. In this case, since they're all facing that direction, it would depend what the crowd saw. Most know the difference between a craft and a bird, they behave differently, let alone look differently. Also if the people saw them, they werent reflections.

In cases where you can't be sure, its probably not, for usually they want to capture someone(s) attention. What they do is also for awareness.

Also, I have a hard time with terminology. I like ET its very very simple. Not too fussy. They may not but oh well. But do we call them ETs/aliens if they are based on or in the earth, or in our solar system and may have been here longer than our species?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Unity_99]

Aliens are not allowed in Arizona anymore, that's a shame...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Why are videos always of UFOs when they are blurry/fuzzy and why are they always CGI or chinese lanterns when they are in clear HD?
That's not fair either way.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I agree 100% if by 'civilised discussion' you mean exchanging, argueing, even sometimes calling names etc. That's civilised and totally human.
Rather than just being 'politically correct'... that would be boring.
Which one did you mean?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

FlySolo me ol' mate!

Nup, nup, nup.....

It's flapping, is what it's doing, you hard man you!

Have a look at my earlier post wherein I gave a time reference for that 1st video.

Good grief, these bird UFO's could wear a man out!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

Maybe...maybe not a reponse a tout et aura toujours le dernier mot...

As we say in French.

(MMN as an answer in his sleeves for everything and will always have the last word) - don't bother fighting with him, it's perdu d'avance.

And absolutely useless, resistance is futile...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

reply to post by FlySolo

FlySolo me ol' mate!

Nup, nup, nup.....

It's flapping, is what it's doing, you hard man you!

Have a look at my earlier post wherein I gave a time reference for that 1st video.

Good grief, these bird UFO's could wear a man out!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

Are you sure it's a bird? Not a fish? A flapping exocet fish?...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
While birds have evolved to be able to fly against head winds, and bigger birds are able to fly into stronger head winds, any bird would have trouble in 55 mph winds. However, the wind-speed on the surface is not necessarily the same even a few dozen feet up.

Ok, so here we go again... the wind speed on the surface is not necessarily the same blah blah blah...

So when it's zero at ground level, it must be dozens of mph higher in the sky to explain what we see are just Chinese lanterns.

But if it's 55mph at ground level, then it must be zero at higher levels to explain birds can fly against head winds!

How convenient...

Who said it was 55mph at GROUND level by the way?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join