It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone here try Homeopathy? Works? Doesn't?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I was interested to see what the general ATS community opinions on homeopathy were.

I've read through out the years both sides of the argument and wanted to see if anyone here has tried and what your experience with it was.

Good? Bad? No change?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I have found various homeopathies to be very beneficial, but I have been selective and did my research. I have found teas to be very beneficial i.e. green and black along with their variations. If this is something you are considering…I recommend doing a little research before buying into a program/recommendations. Remember, teas…if you go down that path are very subtle, but effect in my option.

Best,
rgs

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I haven't tried it myself, as basic science contradicts the basis of homeopathy, but I have had a few patients who admitted to trying it. Of course, they wouldn't have come to see me had the homeopathy worked.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Homeopathy is counter logical. It's like saying, "The less I eat, the fatter I become". If the theory behind homeopathy was true, you should be able to get all your cures from simple tap water. If water has a memory, then everything you need should be there because that water is essentially billions of years old and has probably come in contact with nearly everything.

The only possible effects homeopathy may have is in the form of a placebo. Also it may just be that the body was naturally healing itself at the time the person started their homeopathic remedy... and thus the person believes the remedy to be the cause.

IRM

[edit on 30/7/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Yes, yes and yes.

I do suggest you pay close attention to any advice given by these practitioners because some are more "medical" doctors who mix the two disciplines. Stay away from those.

Homeopathy is closely related to Natural Hygiene which is the science of healing the body through health and nutrition. Simply put, when you feed the body what it wants and needs it can and will cure itself of anything - even cancers if caught in the early stages.

Natural Hygiene is thorough and complete than Homeopathy in that it is meant to be a plan to provide health for life not just cure what's wrong with you for a time.

Natural Hygiene been practiced for over 200 years here in the USA and has a very good track record.. much better than using "medicine" which is pharmaceutical drugs.

It is very effective with very little or no side effects. It includes feeding the body proper nutrition with vitamins, minerals and enzymes from living foods (plants and veggies) as well as the use of herbs and such for every day remedies.

It teaches why you get sick due to toxemia - a condition in the body where you build up toxins that slowly poison your body till it gets sick.

You can read more about this from books by Dr. Herbert Sheldon which wrote a lot about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

You can find many of his books and those of others in the natural health field at the wonderful soil and health library. A collection of downloadable e-books on these subjects: holistic agriculture, holistic health and self-sufficient homestead living

www.soilandhealth.org...

I encourage everyone to check out this website. It has tons of books and the reading is fantastic.

I also highly suggest from that site Dr. Isabelle Moser's free book called " How And When To Be Your Own Doctor ".

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Homeopathy is closely related to Natural Hygiene which is the science of healing the body through health and nutrition. Simply put, when you feed the body what it wants and needs it can and will cure itself of anything - even cancers if caught in the early stages.

Funny, the nations with the highest reliance on naturpathic and homeopathic medicine also have among the highest death rates from cancer, even in the younger age brackets.

Natural Hygiene been practiced for over 200 years here in the USA and has a very good track record.. much better than using "medicine" which is pharmaceutical drugs.

Source, please.

You can read more about this from books by Dr. Herbert Sheldon which wrote a lot about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah, yes, Dr. Herbert Shelton, the man who claimed there was no such thing as inheritable disease, supported eugenics until it became unpopular, and claimed that medicine is DIRECTLY descended from Egyptian "demonology" and "exorcisms". Wonderful man to take medical advice from.

Shelton

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

It does not work.
Benjamin Franklin debunked Homeopathy.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Funny, the nations with the highest reliance on naturpathic and homeopathic medicine also have among the highest death rates from cancer, even in the younger age brackets. (see 1)

Source, please. (see 2)

en.wikipedia.org...

Ah, yes, Dr. Herbert Shelton, the man who claimed there was no such thing as inheritable disease, supported eugenics until it became unpopular, and claimed that medicine is DIRECTLY descended from Egyptian "demonology" and "exorcisms". Wonderful man to take medical advice from. (see 3)

Shelton

1) The people with the " the highest death rates from cancer, even in the younger age brackets" would still be there if naturpathic and homeopathic medicine did not exist.

People are not taught in this country from an early age to eat healthy foods exercise and feed the body all the good life giving things it needs to be healthy.

The FDA approved drugs called preservatives in our processed foods are toxic and poisonous to the body. Many of them that have been banned for years are now being used again because lobbyists have convinced th FDA that this is a good idea.. when they are still banned all over the world.

Our foods are denatured, striped of their nutrition so badly by processing that they have to add synthetic vitamins and minerals to the foods to counter what was lost. The RDA is a joke. many studies show that the body needs many more vitamins and minerals a day than what the RDA calls for.

2) I do not have a source. This is knowledge I have read in many books over the years on this subject. Just research it's history and you will find it.

As for the claim that it is more effective and safer than drugs, this is a no brainier. It's just eating wholesome foods that your body needs to heal itself. Anyone can see why that's less harmful than putting a drug into your body. Drugs are made strong because the first thin a body tries to do with them is eradicate the foreign substance it doesn't want there. The body does not treat things it craves and needs this way. Use of pharmaceutical drugs over long periods of time can build up toxins in the body and lead to worse conditions than the patient started with. This is common knowledge for most health professionals.

EDIT:

I believe These two books contain information on both of my points you ask about above. Please read both whole books.

How and when to be your own doctor: www.soilandhealth.org...

or

The Wheel of Health : www.soilandhealth.org...

3) Have you read any of Dr. Sheldon's books from the website or did you just search the skeptical sayings about him on Google to dig up that information?

Many doctors believe odd things and they are very good doctors. I even know a few who post on an ATS conspiracy forum - Boy.. if their contemporaries only knew what kooks they were! See my point?

In the books I have read of his from that site, he does not mention any of the things you claim he believed. Therefore he is keeping his personal beliefs out of his books on these subjects.

Your a Doctor right? I assume you took a Hippocratic oath?

You know, Hippocrates believed, " Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food "

But modern doctors don't really believe that do they? No, they are not taught to prescribe healthy foods to cause the body to heal itself.. they prescribe drugs. That is what they are taught to do from medical school. They are not being true to Hippocrates, what he believed and the oath that bears his name.

When is the last time you heard a professor of medicine teach people to only prescribe drugs as an absolute last resort after trying everything else.. it doesn't happen.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

1) The people with the " the highest death rates from cancer, even in the younger age brackets" would still be there if naturpathic and homeopathic medicine did not exist.

People are not taught in this country from an early age to eat healthy foods exercise and feed the body all the good life giving things it needs to be healthy.

The FDA approved drugs called preservatives in our processed foods are toxic and poisonous to the body. Many of them that have been banned for years are now being used again because lobbyists have convinced th FDA that this is a good idea.. when they are still banned all over the world.

Our foods are denatured, striped of their nutrition so badly by processing that they have to add synthetic vitamins and minerals to the foods to counter what was lost. The RDA is a joke. many studies show that the body needs many more vitamins and minerals a day than what the RDA calls for.

So, you're just going to ignore the point I made and dance around it with unrelated facts, right? The nations that have the lowest exposure to western medicine and the highest reliance on naturopathic and homeopathic medicine have some of the highest cancer death rates.

Please explain this, rather than explaining another point I never asked about.

2) I do not have a source.

That's all I needed to know.

3) Have you read any of Dr. Sheldon's books from the website or did you just search the skeptical sayings him on Google to dig up that information?

Please read the link I provided. It gives you the exact citation for the works Shelton wrote that espoused his views on medicine being connected to demonology.

Many doctors believe odd things and they are very good doctors. I even know a few who post on an ATS conspiracy forum - Boy.. if their contemporaries only knew what kooks they were! See my point?

The difference being, those doctors don't publish books on the subject and try to convince patients to give up conventional therapies despite having no evidence that doing so will help.

In the books I have read of his from that site, he does not mention any of the things you claim he believed. Therefore he is keeping his personal beliefs out of his books on these subjects.

Again, please read my link. It provides you with the exact citations for Shelton's work.

Did you actually CLICK my link, or are you just making assumptions about it without actually reading it?

Your a Doctor right? I assume you took a Hippocratic oath?

You know, Hippocrates believed, " Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food "

But modern doctors don't really believe that do they? No, they are not taught to prescribe healthy foods to cause the body to heal itself.. they prescribe drugs. That is what they are taught to do from medical school. They are not being true to Hippocrates, what he believed and the oath that bears his name.

Pardon my language, but are you #ting me? You've never had a doctor tell you to eat fresh vegetables, cut back on red meat, and try to eat unprocessed food? We learn that from DAY ONE in our PRE-medical studies, not just in medical school.

Are you just going to continue making things up to support your propaganda?

When is the last time you heard a professor of medicine teach people to only prescribe drugs as an absolute last resort after trying everything else.. it doesn't happen.

This was taught everyday on the wards. You only medicate when necessary, and only for as long as necessary. It's a basic concept taught at all medical schools.

[edit on 7/30/2010 by VneZonyDostupa]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well it worked for me and I had a severe case of asthma as a kid.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Yes it works I used it to lose 80 pounds. I was always skeptical of it but results are hard to argue with.

I look at it this way; quantum mechanics suggest everything is based on waves or vibrations including all creation. Everything is in motion including molecules and cells in our bodies.

So anytime you take a medicine, herb, tincture, etc. even food, for illness or health or what ever you are introducing a new vibration to communicate with the body to tell it what you want it to do. It's the language of the universe so to speak.

The only caveat is homeopathics requires very precise manufacturing so no trace of an outside substance can taint the product and introduce a different vibration also. I have taken the cheap stuff from Walmart ad it was useless. But a good brand is Mediral it works everytime.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

For #1 I admit I didn't understand your point as you first wrote it. perhaps i overlooked that you were talking about cancer rates in other countries. I cannot speak to that as I have no knowledge of it.

I edited my post above and gave sources. I did read your link but I still don't see any of that in the books I read by Dr Sheldon from that site so that is irrelevant.

Yes, I have heard doctors say eat your veggies.. the difference being is they do not suggest that as a treatment for fixing a sick body. Most of the time and you know this, when a doctor takes a medical history they do not get a detailed history of the persons eating habits and try to fix the problem first by adjusting the persons diet.

o.k... so you say those things were taught to you. If true, then why don't people see doctors acting like it daily practice? I have been around enough doctors to know they do not act like they believe this.

Let me ask you something, you say, "Are you just going to continue making things up to support your propaganda? "

Is it propaganda that a body can heal itself if given the tools it needs to do so?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

For #1 I admit I didn't understand your point as you first wrote it. perhaps i overlooked that you were talking about cancer rates in other countries. I cannot speak to that as I have no knowledge of it.

I'm not sure how to make it any clearer. Countries where naturopathic and homeopathic medicine are more common have higher cancer rates. If these medicines were better and safer, as you claim, this wouldn't occur.

I edited my post above and gave sources. I did read your link but I still don't see any of that in the books I read by Dr Sheldon from that site so that is irrelevant.

That's probably because his name is "Shelton", not "Sheldon". Click my link, press CTRL+F on your keyboard, and search for "Shelton". It will highlight each citation containing his name.

Yes, I have heard doctors say eat your veggies.. the difference being is they do not suggest that as a treatment for fixing a sick body. Most of the time and you know this, when a doctor takes a medical history they do not get a detailed history of the persons eating habits and try to fix the problem first by adjusting the persons diet.

That's because simply altering your diet won't solve most things, like cancer, viral and bacterial infections, or hereditary disorders.

o.k... so you say those things were taught to you. If true, then why don't people see doctors acting like it daily practice? I have been around enough doctors to know they do not act like they believe this.

Does every mechanic change his oil every 2,000 miles? Does every nutritionist eat a balanced diet? Does every plumber leave his/her tap on a bit when it's cold to prevent frozen pipes? No, they don't.

You DO understand that doctors are just human, and thus prone to fault and the general "human condition". right?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It worked for me. It saved me form having my gall bladder due to gall bladder disease cause by...wait for it....prescription drugs.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If you do a Google Scholar search for alternative healing, energy healing, qigong, homeopathy, etc., you will find a plethora of extracts, summaries, and occasionally full reports on the efficacy of Complementary and Alternative Medicines. They are all effective when used at the right situation. The same applies to Western medicine. Just a standard Google search will yield volumes of reports of Western medicine being as ineffective as practitioners of Western medicine claim alternative medicines to be.

There is one single healing modality that can claim to be best overall. They all have their own realm where they function optimally.

As for water and its memory, Google that too (i.e., physics water memory) if you need "scientific" validation.

[edit on 30/7/2010 by CosmicEgg]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

In my opinion Homeopathy is very beneficial.
The catch?
People want instant results.
Using homeopathic substances on a 'dirty' body is going to drastically reduce the 'effect' the natural substances have, or at least what you can perceive they have.

If your body is so stuffed with sugar, white flower, (in other words if you're living on diet of processed foods), combined with alcohol, aspartame, etc I don't believe you're going to feel little effect from Homeopathic substances and will probably go 'off' the homeopathy before it's given a fair shot. Especially considering the price of most homeopathic tinctures, drinks, etc these days.

Use homeopathies on a 'clean' body (no processed foods, no alcohol, etc) and you'll really 'feel' what they have to offer quicker than you will not.

My suggestion is to cut out all the crap you're eating, and use homeopathies to 'clean' your system out - along with a sea of fresh clean water.
Just stick to it.
After your liver has had a chance to detox, and your brain is cleared out, the rest of your body free from the poisons of processed foods - then and only then will you be able to give homeopathies a fair shot.

Just me talkin...

peace

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
It is obvious from reading here that many of the bloggers have no clue about homeopathy. At any rate, to refute what the above "doctor" posted, i live in New Orleans, in cancer alley. We are the cancer capital of the country, and there is NO natural medicine or homeopathy offered here. Handle that. Anywho, I was dating a naturopathic doctor for seven years, and i mean one of the real ones who went through pre med, then paid several hundred thou to get a serious education from SCNM. Essentially ND's from there, bastyr, and NCNM get the same training as MD's, the microbio, the pharma, the AnP, but they also have to learn herbal med, accupuncture, homeo, adjustments, etc. Its a 4-6 year post grad intensive, not to be confused with those who get their diploma off some website.

So, living together as she went to school, we tried many of the things at home...often with incredible results. One that stands out to me....i got an inguinal hernia and had to have surgery to repair it. The first time, i went with the doctors advice and stopped all supplementation etc and post op, my whole groin area was black and blue and i couldnt really get up and about for a week and a half. I DID put on some homeopathic arnica cream in the black and blue area about 4 days in, and amazingly, all the areas i spread it turned healthy pink the next day...excepting areas that i missed with stood out like little islands of purple. So, 2 years later i had to get another inguinal hernia repair...this time i took my girlfriends advice, and took oral arnica, with a few other things, starting the day before my surgery and continuing after. Amazingly my flesh did not bruise or discolor at all after the surgery! Guess it was just placebo.

I have used homeopathic traumeel cream on my knee often and successfully reduce inflamation from tai-chi/gong fu. My mother used a homeopathic remedy once when she fell and twisted her ankle. It had swollen up large in minutes. 20 minutes after she took it she could walk again with no pain, she was amazed. It can be extremely effective, and measurable....after I had my hernia surgery, my girlfriend and several other doctors we were having dinner with informed me that there are two homeopathic remedies that are often used in alternating sequence to push foreign objects out of the body, say a BB or something. They said i could no longer use that treatment, as it has shown in studies to push the mesh from the hernia repair out. Scary!

As to it being placebo effect, thats misinformed conjecture. Homeopathy has been shown in numerous studies to be effective for dogs and cats as well...there is one homeopathic remedy that is quite successful for dogs who are overly afraid of thunderstorms...makes my dog calm and relaxed even when its lightening outside....guess thats just placebo too, eh?

Homeopathy is not counter to science.....just counter to our understanding of it. Which...to say the least, is still rather far from complete. Just because we dont understand something is not to say its false, but rather to reflect the level of our current paradigm, which has incredibly far to go, though many seem to think we are the "height of science and knowledge". Sadly, much of the science being produced now is what i call "politico-science" ie: science performed to maximize profit, not to reflect reality.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Homeopathy cured me from pfeiffer PERMANENTLY in 2 weeks and it cured my babybrothers hooping cough in 2 weeks.

Homeopathy really does work but as some posters pointed out, its a maze of different assumptions on the part of practitioners and one needs to find the golden needle in a haystack to get to the core of things...

The way I learned it homeopathic treatment ussually lasts 2 weeks of taking a diluted dose of something wich "responds" to your specific ilness.. after 2 weeks of taking the medicine (diluted in water, lots of water) the symptoms will increase, this is your cue to stop treatment...

kinda weird but it deffinetely did the trick for me for years. My mother was a serious pracctitioner..

[edit on 30/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Osteopathic= your own spiritual energy can and will treat you
Allopathic= treat symptoms,
Homeopathic= herbs, vitamins, balanced living and nutrition
Psychopathic= insane, brain/mind causes disease
Idiopathic= cause unknown, etiology undetermined.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Small correction there slugger.

Allopathic=treating a disease with another disease
Homeopathic=using homeopathic remedies to treat systemic symptoms
Naturopathic=herbs, vitamins, balanced living and nutrition, pharmacology where needed or more efficient, treating source not symptom.
Osteopathic=all diseases caused by misalignment of musculo-skeletal structure
Oriental medicine=disease caused by imbalance of Chi.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join