It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i've hit the foe button by accident myself. Hope it didn't ruffle any feathers cos I only found out when I checked my profile some time ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have a few foes!

I dunno why they never really explain why they foe you

I'm over it though,as far as I can tell I was foed for having an opposing viewpoint, I guess that sense

but somebody that I can't remember having any kind of exchange with foed me the other day?

but someone I can't remember having an exchange with foed me the other day I admit that one puzzled me

maybe it was one of those wrong button things, the only way I would ever put someone on ignore is if they actually stalk me or insult me for no reason that has to do with our argument

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Speaking of noob. You've only been a member for about 1 month? And you want to change the site already?

I get surprised by a Foe listing every now and then. I pull up their profile, I see what they have been posting, and I am usually happy to be on the other end of the spectrum from them.

I foe'd Mr. Bob, and I can't even remember why? I remember disliking him intimately for awhile, but lately I have been agreeing with him more than usual? One of our views have changed, and the Foe feature helped me recognize that.

Sometimes people respond negatively to one of my posts, and if it says Friend or Foe on their Avatar, then I tend to react differently than I would to a neutral party. I ignore or chastise my foes, and I give my friends a little more leeway and look more deeply into what they have written.

I LOVE THE FRIEND/FOE FEATURE!

BTW.... I was number 999 on W.O.W.'s list! DAM! I almost was the subject of his 1000ths Foe thread! So close to my 15 minutes!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats
i've hit the foe button by accident myself. Hope it didn't ruffle any feathers cos I only found out when I checked my profile some time ago.

The same thing happened to me. Not that I pressed the wrong button, but someone else did and found me on his or her "foe" list weeks later.
I know because I was contacted by that person, to tell me he or she had no idea how I got on that "foe" list.

It happens.
But I agree with those who hate this feature. The "friend" thing I can understand, but having a "foe" button is just plain juvenile and feeds the worst instincts of some posters. I wish it were removed. there's no valid reason for it. (Except maybe for identifying people with short fuses and a lot of mental "issues".)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh noes, foes!

Let's see, the first thinks he thinks differently than I, and when I wanted to strike up a U2U conversion ask him about this, because I was curious what that meant in terms of our personal philosophies, he was a total prick, which I guess is really what the indicates despite what was advertised.

The second, I'm guessing, not blindly, a Christian that didn't like my Bible parody. I never asked for any insight because it was too obvious.

The third, no idea why, but was still pretty cool anyway.

From that, you can look at my profile and figure out who's who.

I probably should have more foes if people actually understood what I was really saying around here.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
There are really more important things in life!!

I mean the real life outside

This "real life outside" that you speak of...I am pretty sure that it was debunked...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm pretty sure that is listed in the HOAX section.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by badw0lf

Eels up inside yah findin an entrance where they can!

Boring fru ya mind fru ya tummy fru yer anus, eels!!

With foes like a cockney geezer, you aint got no worries squire, say hello to elsie for me!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
I was actually the one who did this--and I didn't mean to. The guy/gal upthread who mentioned the problems scrolling with iPads may have gotten to the core of my problem--I usually browse with a Nexus One when I'm not at home because I've gotten somewhat addicted to this board (I really do enjoy it), and I realized I clicked on someone and made them into a "foe". I didn't know there was an option to deselect someone until now. Anyway, there's that (I would have responded via PM but I don't think I have enough posts yet). I certainly wasn't looking to start such a tizzy.

So.... you're saying all this is Apples fault?

Typical.

One more reason to despise iPads

On a more serious note, look what you did to the poor guy... All these new Foe's, and now we're all on ignore. Talk about butterfly effect !! lmao

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by intrepid
I get a kick out of someone foeing me because they can't debate.

Agreed ... personally I like to sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyper verbosity and prolixity.

First sesquipedalianist I come across will by mah first foe.

Damn, I knew you were Kevin Rudd all along, you sneaky dog!!

Fair shake of the sauce bottle, strewth.. No wonder ya got done over by a strine speaking sheila, and a ranga at that!!

*Me tries to rip SD's face mask off*

umm

Oh dear... Sorry Schrodinger , ol' chap... That's your real face.. oO

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I never Foe anyone.

I never put anyone on Ignore.

I believe that everyone has something important to share with me.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I once used the foe option, it was a compliment. I read the description
and took it literally to mean, "Respected Foe--keeps me on my toes".

It was a discussion on 9/11 and my "Foe" was making the same arguments
I would have made were I to be playing devil's advocate.

I respected him for his argument - tone and content.

Later, after realizing most here at ATS believe "Foe-ing" someone is an
insult I removed the tag, but really, I meant the poster MUCH respect...
even moreso I'll admit than 'friending' someone.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Fee Fi FOE fum, I smell the blood of an English bum, damned piles will be the death of me, I gots more klingons on me starboard bow than the Enterprise ever did!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
u'll get over it
happens to me also

but I use the foe button for a different
purpose. I use it to highlight a poster
who is gonna have a totally different
viewpoint than mine. It's like when the
light turns yellow, you either speed up
or you screech to a stop.

Exatcly, that's the way I used to use it as well!
I foe'd about six to eight members. However, recently I got rid of the foe-tendency
. I just realized that spending negative energy is a waste. Instead, I 'friend' people now and I get a whole lot more satisfaction of that.
However, I was was foe'd too, and, imo, without any justification.
It's a weird, uncomfortable feeling but you'll get over it. You never know the persons' intentions. He or she could have done it the same way Boondock-Saint does it, for example.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Thom-
You never know the persons' intentions. He or she could have done it the same way Boondock-Saint does it, for example.

What really gives this thread a comic sense is that we now do know the person's intentions: he posted here.

It was an accident. That's it.

All this angst over someone accidentally hitting a button, which probably could have been cleared up just by sending that person a polite message asking why.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Even funnier, now he has a dozen other foes, and the person who accidently foed him, has unfoed him.

Does he even know it was an accident by now if the foer is on an ignore list?

A person needs a thick skin on this site. I was only foed once, and it was cleared up the same day, it was a total accident too, now we are friends
. I have more people trying to save my soul than are foeing me, wonder what that says

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Even funnier, now he has a dozen other foes, and the person who accidently foed him, has unfoed him.

Does he even know it was an accident by now if the foer is on an ignore list?

A person needs a thick skin on this site. I was only foed once, and it was cleared up the same day, it was a total accident too, now we are friends
. I have more people trying to save my soul than are foeing me, wonder what that says

Being a foe of someone means your opinions are getting to someone, which is always a good thing. It makes them think differently, it takes them outside the box. I haven't foed too many that I am aware of, mainly because I don't like that red label above someones name, it just doesn't look pretty.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Originally posted by -Thom-
You never know the persons' intentions. He or she could have done it the same way Boondock-Saint does it, for example.

What really gives this thread a comic sense is that we now do know the person's intentions: he posted here.

It was an accident. That's it.

All this angst over someone accidentally hitting a button, which probably could have been cleared up just by sending that person a polite message asking why.

Ok fair enough.
But it still is a nice subject to discuss, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
I friend people who foe me just to be a jerk.

Don't take it too hard. Some people just need to throw a hissy fit.

TheAssoc.
That is exactly what I do, but not to be a jerk, just because it is fun! I love being foed, it means I get under someone's skin bad enough to foe a stranger on the internet, rofl!!!! So I have to friend someone that worried about me.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'm relatively new. Now I have never foe'd anyone but I still don't know how to navigate the complex. There are things I could highlight and am not sure what would happen. It could have been just a slip of the finger.

And if not, like water off a duck's ass.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join