It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have just been 'Foe'd"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Ah, yes. My first foe. I remember it well. I was horrified.
I'd previously thought I would be the only member on ATS to never have a foe.

The majority of them I'd never seen or heard of on the boards, and don't think they even posted. "Drive-by" Foers.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Greensage

Wouldn't worry about it, in fact I have just Foed your Foes because they Foed you...... I'm not too bothered as I think they will probably Foe me back now and then we'll be quits probably......

Add you as a friend if it makes you feel any better..

Cheers
PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Imagine how you would feel if you were "foed" by
the same member twice!It has happened to me and
a few others.
I have "foed" members and then later changed my
mind.I save the "ignore" feature for troll storage and
those who cuss too much.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

you have enemies.... good it means u stood up for something...(ANON)

After more than a year's membership, I was foed by a member I had never before encountered. It intrigued me! It bothered me enough to check if we had posted on any mutual Threads. It did not bother me enough to try to find out why.

I do not consider it prudent to block any poster, friend, foe or indifferent;

the first rule of war is to know your enemy (source unknown)

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have been foe'd three times. Why was I foe'd? I really don't care! If someone has a problem with me or my views, they can U2U me and we can discuss it. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter. I also have never foe'd anyone or put anyone on ignore.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I just realized MY ATS pages has lists of my alleged favorite forums. I kind of remember now hitting those as favorite by accident on my Ipad, too. I just deleted them. This is getting annoying. If anyone sees me listing friends or foes or Sharp Friends, sorry I will say now it's an accident. I don't intend to ever use those features. I'd prefer to take each post individually and each member one post at a time. All that personalization bs isn't for me. I feed enough information into "the beast" as it is via my posts. Why put up a personality profile of myself into one centralized location to make it easier for those intel types who use ATS as their Skinner Box to get a read on me? Make the bastards work their pay.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
well Im something like -2359 for posting on something I believe in so dont feel bad. I find it funny that people post the dumbest most outrageous even downright evil racist BS but I add a little commentary about a real issue in the states and people flip crap on me like I've somehow offended someone. I guess people are only intested in the total nonsense doomsday predictions only to have there special day of death to pass by without event. Basically my fight isnt good enough so there gonna keep me down just like the US government they hate oh so much. But does it hurt me personally? no way! I enjoy pointing out stupidity where it shouldnt be

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
It's like when the
light turns yellow, you either speed up
or you screech to a stop.

Or you keep driving the same speed, oblivious to the fact of the changing light, until you actually drive right into a red light and get t-boned from the right by a car doing 40.

Its all in how you look at things.

Thanks,

Dorian Soran
The good doctor!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

I just friended you (my first anything ever!) because your avatar is a picture of Bill Burroughs. How shallow is that?

By the way -- My favorite book of all time is "The Western Lands".

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

As much as it will make some postings disjointed without me being able to see the member, I really am offended enough that now I have 3 foes; two of which thinks it was cute to foe me because of this post. Well then fine, now I have 3 on my ignore list.

Make that 4. After reading some of your replies, you are the first person I have ever added to my list that I don't think will keep me on my toes. You are a foe, in the true meaning of the word!

Please ignore me! As far as I'm concerned, you don't even exist!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I don't care much for the friend/foe feature. I've been foe'd once. I think it was over a military thread. I'm not anti-military at all. Generations of my family have served, my son is in Iraq right now.

Don't sweat it. Imo it's usually just a knee jerk reaction to a comment.

What I found to be a bit of a conundrum was when a few people who friend'd me got banned. I thought I could take them off my profile page but the only choice was to foe them. I gave up and just left it as its. I think the whole thing is pretty juvenile. I can handle most any comments without hitting ignore/foe.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

As much as it will make some postings disjointed without me being able to see the member, I really am offended enough that now I have 3 foes; two of which thinks it was cute to foe me because of this post. Well then fine, now I have 3 on my ignore list.

Make that 4. After reading some of your replies, you are the first person I have ever added to my list that I don't think will keep me on my toes. You are a foe, in the true meaning of the word!

Please ignore me! As far as I'm concerned, you don't even exist!
Oh I missed that he said all that and I went back to his original post to see it in its entirety. Jeez he wants a C2C or whatever it's called for permission to make Friends as well? Hell, I would have Friended him if I were into that sort of thing, just because I like Shiba Inu.

Dude (Greensage) lighten up! Really, it's not that big of a deal. Stars, friends, foes. This is getting silly, like preschool. I was only half joking about my Skinner Box comment. I've been noticing patterns on ATS in just the relatively short amount of time I've been here. With the stars, flags, foes, and all those other features, it's the ultimate setup for TBTB to run studies on us. I'm not saying ATS was set up so the TBTB can run studies on us. I'm saying the tools are there for the intelligence community or even psych majors in college to carry out all manner of interesting studies and experimentation if they so desire. And numerous investigative reports found everywhere from the Washington Post to PBS indicate that the intelliegence community MAY indeed desire to do so.

We "interesting thinkers" are all concentrated into one area and you'll have certain types of posts and certain patterns in the responses. It's quite fascinating to look at the patterns that emerge and speculate on what conclusions prying eyes may be drawing.

The friend/foe/star/flag system can be used to feed into the Skinner Box effect. I've noticed people basing the content of their posts to garner the rewards and the responses they've come to hope to receive, just like animals in a Skinner Box.

So, don't buy into it. ATS has a lot of fantastic things to offer. It's great entertainment and frequently informative. Don't make it your life, 'k?

EDITED because I can't edit worth a darn.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by SheeplFlavoredAgain]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I am a bit less offended by those that want to consider me a friend but seriously, I never knew until today that someone thinks of me that way and now I am half wondering why.

Mods, Please allow the individual the freedom to choose if they want to participate or not. Deny Ignorance!

As one doggie to another, get over it. You just got here yourself, right? Why not relax and contribute some content? Build your reputation. This board is not all about you and it's not going to change just because you have a complaintg that's hardly worth talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The first cut is the deepest.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I always think of a "foeing" as a badge of honor. If someone foes me then I know I got under their skin with something I said. On the other hand I have seen people join up and foe everyone and then leave. Don't let it bother you. This is only a message board you know.

edit: I think it was Yahn Goody that foed everyone and was never heard of again.

[edit on Fri July 30th, 2010 by damwel]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I just foe'd you! Now you have 2 foes.

Have a great day!

3 !!

Oh dear!!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

At this point I have put all members that "foe'd" me on my ignore's list.

Those that foe me in the future will get the same response from me. I will not foe anyone anymore than I would friend them because I am not here for that. If you want to be a friend try sending a message through C2C and say so, this is a realistic way of making a friend.

Sad I won't be able to objectively read their postings because I do enjoy other people's thoughts even if they are contrary to my own. I will put this on my profile somewhere because I am sure there are some people who think that to foe is fun!

to FOE is FAUX!

Yayy!! Ignore!!

Never mind, you won't miss much. And when your ignore list is full, You'll clear it.. We all do..

Need a thick skin 'round these parts. Something for the mosquitoes to grab onto ya see..

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Eels up inside yah findin an entrance where they can!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

You'll always remember your first time! Not the 2nd or the 3rd, but the 1st!

I have been known to hit the foe button by accident while scrolling. Perhaps this is what happened to you.

I end up sending a lot of apologies to people I foe by mistake.

Also, if you think about it, and read what the foe description says, they keep you on their toes!

It's actually a compliment!

This is actually what i think happened too , just a wrong click !
Second line

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I figure if you are not being foed your not doing your job. I am dissappointed that I only have five.

No that is not an invitation. Only foe me if you deem me worthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join