It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THe explanation of life from a matrix/simulation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Do you think the explanation of life being created from a matrix or simulation satisfactory?

What if the world and everything around it a regulated mathematical design to study ourselves , predict behaviors , or any other reason such a simulation would occur?

Is this a plausible explanation of the origin of life?
Why would it be that way , for what purpose?
Would the creators of this simulation be "god"?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What if the world were actually like the movies the Matrix or Dark City?

I don't really think it's all a big rat-trap experiment to study the behavior of us humans. The simulation would tell the 'experimenters' all they needed to know rather quickly and there would be no reason for life to continue.

One such conclusion would be that they eat, sleep, sex and question life. Done.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

The experiment would still have to allow for us to live it out. If a simulation is to be carried out and our reality is it, even though in their eyes only a few minutes went by during it, our perceptions of time would have to stay coherent otherwise the simulation would fail at simulating.

I would see much more that eat , sleep , mate , and repeat. We play the Sims for hours and there are not even 1 % as entertaining as we would be in a game.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I think you're right. Eat, sleep, and sex would only be the most statistically significant conceptualizations of human behavior as seen by a mathemetical equation. If you're a soulless presence looking at humankind objectively you wouldn't be able to get past that.

Thats 5 percent of the story. The other 95 percent would be how humans are rebellious by nature and consistently behave contrary to what so called perfect systems say they should do. Like how utopian visions ultimately fail from a tragic misunderstanding of human nature. Or how the peculiar idea of freedom can cause men to sacrifice their lives 'irrationally'.

In the end the existential realities of human existence would resist inquiries. The experiementers would actually have to become one of us to understand us like God becoming a man to experience his creation.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon

Nope they would be SATAn and the fallen angels draining every bit of lifeforce energy from you while within the matrix. Lifeforce energy = usually with the evil would be negative sad emotions. To drain your eternal energies from you that god gave to you when he made our perfect spirits... This is why it allows you to live to gain your life force energies YOU ARE ETERNAL... All this can do is make better bodies so you live longer and go through more torment hence allowing more energy to be drained from you over long periods of time longer then previous life. Satan intelligent for it is an angel. Not hard to visualise it doing these thing to humanity especially since it has kingdom over us till lamb returns. Given kingdom because we disobeyed god and fell for its concious trickery as we are today well those asleep..... Welcome to the matrix weird when you think of its potentials for being real...

[edit on 7/29/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Lets presume it is true .... which is the purpose of the thread, what significant questions would that answer...

Is there a god>?
Does it solve the origin of life?
Are we really alive?

Wanna know your views on these and maybe other aspects.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233

I don't really think it's all a big rat-trap experiment to study the behavior of us humans. The simulation would tell the 'experimenters' all they needed to know rather quickly and there would be no reason for life to continue.

Have you ever read the book 'Forever War' by Joe Haldeman?

*Spoiler warning*

At the end of that book the humans find out that all life was a simulated experiment alongside thousands of others taking place at the same time (parallel universes?).

The 'God' tells them that the necessary observations were noted within the first few hundred years of 'simulation' time and that it was long abandoned. Just simply left to play out naturally.

This could be the case with our world, an abandoned experiment?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's funny. in the bible "the evil one" is called the prince of the power of the air, Verizon or some other phone service slogan is "rule the air", cell phone Ghz waves interfere with cellular and neural communication, Death now comes from "above" in the military for the most part, the most destructive abominable weapons, programming is broadcast incessantly through the air.

I think we're actually entering the time when "The Matrix" could happen, depending on our technologies ROE. Which is increasing by magnitudes every year

The majority of people have always been the many legs of the centipede, constantly moving and supporting the weight of the machine that controls them, which is in itself controlled by the brain, the head. But now it seems that the control is becoming more invasive, it's seeping deeper in between our collective plates, toxifying us, and hypnotizing us into deeper into the ordered chaos of this control.

Until finally, just like in the matrix, they shatter the world and re create it. I don't know what to do, then again I don't think that's our purpose.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

No I haven't read the book, it sounds interesting though.

That all human behavior ostensibly can be observed and categorized rather quickly makes sense to me. To consider parallel universes and existential dilemmas makes the game more interesting and almost boundless.

An abandoned experiement?

It's a real possibility. I sencerely hope not! What would be the use of hope in that situation anyway lol. But yeah, I used to be very into religion and I think anyone who is honest with themselves would consider this a possibility. Is God dead? Is Jesus Christ unressurected and decayed on the cross and his teaching sterile, there no possibility for the redemption of humankind?

This would leave Man as beast alone in a chaotic universe floating through space, left to fight it out till the very last man who would eventually commit suicide. I suppose there are always the bombs that could end it much quicker. Ack.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey

Originally posted by AProphet1233

Have you ever read the book 'Forever War' by Joe Haldeman?

*Spoiler warning*

At the end of that book the humans find out that all life was a simulated experiment alongside thousands of others taking place at the same time (parallel universes?).

The 'God' tells them that the necessary observations were noted within the first few hundred years of 'simulation' time and that it was long abandoned. Just simply left to play out naturally.

This could be the case with our world, an abandoned experiment?
This theory makes the most sense, It makes so much sense to me!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Lets presume it is true .... which is the purpose of the thread, what significant questions would that answer...

Is there a god>?
Are we really alive?

Assuming its true. Yes there is a GOD and he will free you from this dungeon through his SON the LAMB.

Doesnt solve origin of life, for we were created by GOD as perfect souls until we listened to a talking snake smh @ a talking snake deceiving us.

Yes you are eternal and are alive, but may be under some concious bondage preventing you from becomming your true self your free perfect self GOD mad you as. Again the angel is intelligent all the way down to the technologies we think are so great but designed to keep us counciously trapped never wanting to seek better ways of living always content with our new gagets, cellphone anyone..

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

Do you think the explanation of life being created from a matrix or simulation satisfactory?

no

What if the world and everything around it a regulated mathematical design to study ourselves , predict behaviors , or any other reason such a simulation would occur?

Would it really change anything? Even if we were all in some simulation? If my saviour was in fact Keanu Reeves i would opt for a shotgun mouthwash.

No, and to quote samuel L Jackson

LOGIC MOTHER [snip], do you use it?

*Because before life there had to be something else and before that something else ad infinitum.

Exceptions-Logic does not apply to you if:
You are chirstian, in that case god just made it.
You are an atheist, you think there was nothing and then magically scientifically there was everything.

No, do you call your parents or the man who built your house god?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by IamBoon

no

Would it really change anything? Even if we were all in some simulation? If my saviour was in fact Keanu Reeves i would opt for a shotgun mouthwash.

No, and to quote samuel L Jackson

LOGIC MOTHER [snip], do you use it?

*Because before life there had to be something else and before that something else ad infinitum.

Exceptions-Logic does not apply to you if:
You are chirstian, in that case god just made it.
You are an atheist, you think there was nothing and then magically scientifically there was everything.

No, do you call your parents or the man who built your house god?
Cool.

I do not find it satisfactory for anything. We still "exist" , god still would remain a mystery (who created the simulator), and origin of life would still not be solved (how did the beings that created the simulation come into being?)

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Is there a god>?
Are we really alive?

Assuming its true. Yes there is a GOD and he will free you from this dungeon through his SON the LAMB.

Doesnt solve origin of life, for we were created by GOD as perfect souls until we listened to a talking snake smh @ a talking snake deceiving us.

Yes you are eternal and are alive, but may be under some concious bondage preventing you from becomming your true self your free perfect self GOD mad you as. Again the angel is intelligent all the way down to the technologies we think are so great but designed to keep us counciously trapped never wanting to seek better ways of living always content with our new gagets, cellphone anyone..

I think you're misunderstanding the initial proposition. If the matrix theory is true then YOUR version of god doesn't exist. He would be a malefactor, a controller, a prison guard, an evil scientist and therfore not God but more akin to Satan. In reality you don't accept the premise as a possibility and are locked into some dogma.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

It would no more disprove any god than now. That god could still exist in the simulators world just as that god may exist in our world should we simulate something. Not that I am arguing for his god, but the Matrix theory has no bearing on that subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As a solipsist from birth (rather, age 6) this is something I would ponder later on in life. To me it comes down to this. Everything that has ever been created, is flawed, in some way. It may appear perfect, but eventually flaws to the design will manifest. So therefore, if this is a simulation, it couldn't be perfect in all ways. It may seem perfect to the observer, but eventually there would be flaws in the design. Flickering, glitches, reloads, uploads, downloads, power outages, the list goes on and on

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Yes, but technology can produce stunning and surreal results. Imagine what kind of technology would be need to fully simulate this universe and all of its constituents ! AMAZING!

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
How about this? We are about to create the universe... a whole bunch of us. But... it takes time and... resources. It's easier to simulate some parts of it. Is it worth it? How much till it's stable. What will we be able to do there? It it goes well, the project will go as scheduled.

It's kind like in K-pax. After the universe ends... everything will play out the same way it played the first time

Sorry, this idea jumped up the moment I read the OP

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IamBoon

I understand, however some people don't subscribe to the "With science anything is possible!" credo. I for sure am not one of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Yea everything's perfect on paper but when rendered into the broken world, it all falls down.

It's quite a beautiful mess, we are in. I love you all.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by depth om]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join