It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We At the Brink of Destruction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
*Mods, move if I have it wrong

Jason Hodge, father of four children from Barstow, Calif., says he's "not paranoid" but he is concerned, and that's why he bought space in what might be labeled a doomsday shelter.

Hodge bought into the first of a proposed nationwide group of 20 fortified, underground shelters — the Vivos shelter network — that are intended to protect those inside for up to a year from catastrophes such as a nuclear attack, killer asteroids or tsunamis, according to the project's developers.

"It's an investment in life," says Hodge, a Teamsters union representative. "I want to make sure I have a place I can take me and my family if that worst-case scenario were to happen."
Doomsday Shelters Making a Comeback

I was reading this article and while it starts out pretty innocent, one part really grabbed my eye:

Radius Engineering in Terrell, Texas, has built underground shelters for more than three decades, and business has never been better, says Walton McCarthy, company president.

The company sells fiberglass shelters that can accommodate 10 to 2,000 adults to live underground for one to five years with power, food, water and filtered air, McCarthy says.

The shelters range from $400,000 to a $41 million facility Radius built and installed underground that is suitable for 750 people, McCarthy says. He declined to disclose the client or location of the shelter.

"We've doubled sales every year for five years," he says.Other shelter manufacturers include Hardened Structures of Colorado and Utah Shelter Systems, which also report increased sales.

So, people are buying these things up and someone is paying $41 million to house 750 people but doesnt want to be disclosed.

Then another reference company they give is the Vivos project. It's like an doomsday shelter homeowners association for the elite. $50k per adult and $25k per kid gets you into an association that will have access to a shelter.

Radius Eng
Vivos Project

Do the Elite know something already?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I wouldnt trust it. If anything happens and you go to one of these places it may be a fema thing....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Yes...some of you are definitely at the brink of destruction.

But here is the catch...a bomb shelter isn't going to save anyone from what is coming...if you got it coming, its gonna get you wherever you hide.

This will not involve the physical destruction of society as a whole...it will be a series of laser guided surgical strikes designed to remove the sources of social corruption and leaving the heathly parts of society unharmed and actually unaware that anything ever occured.

so...you can accept what i told you or you can go get a bunker for you and yours...it'll be a good conversation starter after all this blows over.

unless you are a target of the strikes ... then, oh well.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

How do you know that you can get to what you paid for or that when you get there with nothing, wont simply get turned away ffor someone with more persuation? Think about it, time share survival condos, sign up for your two weeks early and get the best dates!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The shelters range from $400,000 to a $41 million facility Radius built and installed underground that is suitable for 750 people, McCarthy says. He declined to disclose the client or location of the shelter.

I certainly wouldn't want to be somewhere with 749 other people when SHTF. Better to remain in small groups of trustworthy folks. Might do some digging and see if these sales are increasing in the UK too.

The only thing that can be confirmed by these reports is that paranoia is increasing, I'm not sure about danger increasing in parallel.

To add mordant1 timeshare survival condo? Love it

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
'Eve of destruction' has a better ring to it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think we always have and always will be on the brink of destruction. I see the human race kind of like the van hanging over the cliff on the first (and only one worth watching if you ask me) italian job. theres always something threatinging us (awwww poor us) it's just now days it seems to be us that will bring it on.

link   
Does anyone else smell something fishy about this?

link   
Does anyone else smell something fishy about this?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
These guys just profit on peoples fear, I guess there is alot of fear out there right now. The doomsayers of the world have been predicting our demise for centuries. I for one will not spend my life worring about it. If it comes I would rather die then live in a hole in the ground anyway.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfinn

But here is the catch...a bomb shelter isn't going to save anyone from what is coming...if you got it coming, its gonna get you wherever you hide.

This will not involve the physical destruction of society as a whole...it will be a series of laser guided surgical strikes designed to remove the sources of social corruption and leaving the heathly parts of society unharmed and actually unaware that anything ever occured.

so...you can accept what i told you or you can go get a bunker for you and yours...it'll be a good conversation starter after all this blows over.

OK, I'll bite. Who are the "healthy parts" and who are the "sources of social corruption?" When and in what form do you expect the surgical strikes to be carried out?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by bruxfinn

OK, I'll bite. Who are the "healthy parts" and who are the "sources of social corruption?" When and in what form do you expect the surgical strikes to be carried out?

Easy, it's whoever the party in power decides is the cancer. Under Bush it was anti-war, Under Obama it's tea-party. Take your pick, any will be the CORRECT answer.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The value of your purchase may have increased a thousand foldby the time you arrive at the facility....I can imagine spots would be at a premium in the rush.
Whats to say the shelters manitenance crew dont resell all the spots when those stray refugees show up with gold.
I doubt there would be any recourse once the SHTF and there was no turning back.....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If you think about it, considering the risks of such things as unpredictable solar flares, gamma ray bursts, meteorite impacts, global pandemics, and so on, we are and have always been on the brink of destruction.

Just because we add a few more things that we, ourselves create, hasn't changed that.

And on an individual level, we could all drop dead at any second.

That's life
Yeah, that's what the people say
Ridin' high in April
Shot down in May

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
If you think about it, considering the risks of such things as unpredictable solar flares, gamma ray bursts, meteorite impacts, global pandemics, and so on, we are and have always been on the brink of destruction.

Just because we add a few more things that we, ourselves create, hasn't changed that.

And on an individual level, we could all drop dead at any second.

That's life
Yeah, that's what the people say
Ridin' high in April
Shot down in May

Oh thank god it is all hype and no threat increase since time immemorial! We can finally rest easy thanks to you, you got a real way with the words of the english langridge, wee laddie

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I just wonder about people with the ability to spend hundred's of thousands of dollars on a huge "what-if" senario.

I mean, I don't have that kind of cash to just toss it out to something based on "what if TSHF".

So I guess what I'm wondering is that if there are people with access to that kind of money buying these things up...

This site talks about TPTB...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wanna know more about these shelters?

Check this link out. It's testimony from Radius' CEO to the army proposing that the armed forces use these shelters in battlefield situations where weapons of mass destruction are used.

top topics

join