It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Just Happened to Venus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What Just Happened to Venus?

At the same time that something strange happened around Venus (NASA STEREO) a giant plasma ball can be seen on NASA SOHO as it is ejected from the Sun.

I'm sure some are going to start yelling Lens flare or Swamp Gas.

Well, do lens flares last 3 days?

Lens flares generally happen when you have a camera aimed AT a light source, but, what explains the round circle that EXPANDS after the light source is already out of the cams view?

Just a coincidence it happened at the same time the Sun was blasting out a massive plasma ball?

How about the expanding circle? It's not round like most lens flares, and, it expands, and, it still remains and seems to be traveling even after the light source has left the iris.

I don't know what it is other than strange.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What the hell is a Lens Flare? If your referring to a Solar Flare - atleast have an understanding of what your talking about. Can solar flares last for three days? Depends.
When there are big solar flares there are sometimes bakeouts and the cameras are just down. What are they hiding when it goes down ? Maybe the fact that its bright as all hell or maybe there is something else going on. Who knows....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
What the hell is a Lens Flare? If your referring to a Solar Flare - atleast have an understanding of what your talking about. Can solar flares last for three days? Depends.
When there are big solar flares there are sometimes bakeouts and the cameras are just down. What are they hiding when it goes down ? Maybe the fact that its bright as all hell or maybe there is something else going on. Who knows....

A lens flare is when you're aiming the cam at a light source and it causes an effect on the images taken. It usually happens when you're taking images of an object that is lit up, but, on a darker background.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

Exactly Austexdude. Bonified Ween, if you want to see a good example of a lens flare, go see my post earlier today here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

showing that the "ufo's" in the sky are indeed lens flares of the street lights

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
What the hell is a Lens Flare? If your referring to a Solar Flare - atleast have an understanding of what your talking about.

Easy there fella, looks like someone other than the guy you are responding to needs "to have an understanding" of the topic at hand, no?

A little less attitude and a bit more research would have yielded all the information you would have needed so YOU would know the difference between a "lens" and "solar" flare.

Thanks much, carry one men.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Started at about 04:00:00 UT on July 24:th:

Pictures from B (Behind)

Circle still present in the latest image from July 28:th 13:18:01 UT:

Pictures from B (Behind)

Position of Stereo A (Ahead) and B (Behind):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c1c31c068ab.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

OMG! Venus is going to blow up... or turn into a second sun!!!!

The End Is Nigh!!!!

IRM

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
so we have lately earthquakes in space, moon brighter than usual, and now venus causing this strange anomoly. Planet X hast thou cometh?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
so we have lately earthquakes in space, moon brighter than usual, and now venus causing this strange anomoly. Planet X hast thou cometh?

Oh no..... not planet X again.....

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I don't know what your post has to do with what the OP said.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It seems the Sun and Venus are having interactions charging up their partical energies.... NICE CATCH OP S&F

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The article mentioned us studying and understanding space quakes and their relationship to the Northern Lights. The bright moon was explained as a Thunder Moon. I'll wait for someone that's more knowledgeable than I am to explain the Venus anomaly. Therefore, Planet X hast NOT thou cometh.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Really? Is this in jest or are you really saying a planet is affecting our solar system, yet NO ONE has seen this planet even though astronomers ( pros AND hobbiests ) look at the sky at every possible moment they are allowed to?

Really?

Dorian Soran

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

LOL! Just preparing myself for the inevitable arrival of doomers that will find their way into this thread. They always do!

IRM

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nothing posted on Spaceweather. Or that I could find in google. I wonder what it is. I will be looking for Venus tonite, is it brighter than usual to the naked eye? I saw what I think is Jupiter the other nite, I have never seen a planet/star so big and bright before. Very cool.

I never thought I would say this, but when we are supposed to panic, there is someone who frequents these space weather anomalies, who better tell us when we should be panicking.

I will not worry about anything until then.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Earthquakes in space?
I've never heard of this, could I get a link from someone?

[edit on 28-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

In am curious as to the answer to the question in your title.

I have not seen it addressed yet. Sure looks weird.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Earthquakes can not happen in Space.
More information on earthquakes.
www.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by hippomchippo

Earthquakes can not happen in Space.
More information on earthquakes.
www.answers.com...

I know what earthquakes are, thank you.
Two people in this thread have mentioned "quakes in space"
I'm just wondering if there's any validity to this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Don't tell me you all still haven't figured out that Nemesis is here. Okay, think brown drawf star, newtonian law irrelevant, the movie "Sphere" (you know reflecting light so it doesn't show up) etc. Man, I sure wish you dudes /dudettes would start thinking out of the box a little.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join