It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Just Happened to Venus?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yule C Mann
reply to post by Austexdude

Don't tell me you all still haven't figured out that Nemesis is here. Okay, think brown drawf star, newtonian law irrelevant, the movie "Sphere" (you know reflecting light so it doesn't show up) etc. Man, I sure wish you dudes /dudettes would start thinking out of the box a little.

So your idea of thinking outside of the box is a movie and disregarding newtonian laws?
Damn, that proves it!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can't believe I just got suckered into clicking on a link to "The Rabbit Hole." Could the OP please explain what we're supposed to be looking for in the time lapse footage there? And what does it have to do with Venus? I haven't finished my coffee yet, so maybe I'm just being thick.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
www.newscientist.com...

Hmmm.... What if?

Anyhoo, this is nothing unusual. It has occured in the past.

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

There is a thread here about the"Space Quakes:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is based on this Nasa report:

science.nasa.gov...

July 27, 2010: Researchers using NASA's fleet of five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a form of space weather that packs the punch of an earthquake and plays a key role in sparking bright Northern Lights. They call it "the spacequake."

A spacequake is a temblor in Earth's magnetic field. It is felt most strongly in Earth orbit, but is not exclusive to space. The effects can reach all the way down to the surface of Earth itself.

"Magnetic reverberations have been detected at ground stations all around the globe, much like seismic detectors measure a large earthquake," says THEMIS principal investigator Vassilis Angelopoulos of UCLA.

It's an apt analogy because "the total energy in a spacequake can rival that of a magnitude 5 or 6 earthquake," according to Evgeny Panov of the Space Research Institute in Austria. Panov is first author of a paper reporting the results in the April 2010 issue of Geophysical Research Letters (GRL).

[edit on 7/28/2010 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

There is a thread here about the"Space Quakes:

It is based on this Nasa report:

science.nasa.gov...

July 27, 2010: Researchers using NASA's fleet of five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a form of space weather that packs the punch of an earthquake and plays a key role in sparking bright Northern Lights. They call it "the spacequake."

A spacequake is a temblor in Earth's magnetic field. It is felt most strongly in Earth orbit, but is not exclusive to space. The effects can reach all the way down to the surface of Earth itself.

"Magnetic reverberations have been detected at ground stations all around the globe, much like seismic detectors measure a large earthquake," says THEMIS principal investigator Vassilis Angelopoulos of UCLA.

It's an apt analogy because "the total energy in a spacequake can rival that of a magnitude 5 or 6 earthquake," according to Evgeny Panov of the Space Research Institute in Austria. Panov is first author of a paper reporting the results in the April 2010 issue of Geophysical Research Letters (GRL).

[edit on 7/28/2010 by Sparky63]

Intersting, although I don't see the connection between it and nibiru or venus.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't believe there is any link either.

Venus evidently has a small magnetic field created by the interaction of its ionosphere and the solar wind, but this is nothing like Earth's Magnetic field. While an increase in solar flares may cause noticeable effects in Earth's upper atmosphere, I don't think it would have a similar effect on Venus.

Maybe someone has some more info on this. I would certainly appreciate any correction to my understanding on this.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
nothing unusual, occurred in the past. OK, what is it? what did it hit? venus? occurred in the past, well, i sure hope it does not occurr or hit the earth. what was it? AND what was the damage if any when this happened? help me out here.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Earthquakes can not happen in Space.

You are correct. That's why they're called Spacequakes (linked by Sparky63).

reply to post by DJW001

Venus is the planet to the right in the video and it ejected a "ring" followed by brightening light.

reply to post by pazcat

I'm not understanding the relevance from your first link as it's referring to something from last week whereas the OP's video is from the 24th-27th. The second link however does looks very similar and suggests it's nothing abnormal.

Originally posted by hippomchippo
Intersting, although I don't see the connection between it and nibiru or venus.

Neither do I and it's because there is no connection. Just some conjured up fantasy of making poor connections and assumptions.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

The first link was just me throwing some random crap around. Who knows someone might make a leap of judgement and make of it more than it actually is, this is ATS after all.

As to the second link, well there are more than just that. It does the same thing whenever Venus leaves the imaging field of view, so it's a case of lens flare, wish it wasn't that mundane but it seems to be the case.

Notice the dates are different and it's not from one event.
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Also you can see images taken of Venus at the time it was supposedly erupting at cloudynights.com or any other amature astrophotography website that host pictures. Anyway Venus looked fine in those pics.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
But what if this "newly discovered" spacequake thingy is just some cover for something more ominous. Why have we just discovered it now, with everthing that's supposedly coming down the pike, as it were...

And then of course there's that other guys thread about the crop circle and Venus blowing up...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Space Quakes?
Thats why i started this thread, but due to people not checking i didnt get much of a reply.
I would to like to pick your brains all of you, has the sola flae and space quakes along with all the other planets activity still not scream anything out at you all yet? seriously?
The shtf situation we`ve all talked about well unless im sorely mistaken here then this is how the story goes isnt it?
Discrepancies in dates perhaps? 2012? How many leap years since then? Did they take leap years into account?
Most of you if i asked how many days were in 50 years or vice versa you would answer after multipling 365 days by 50 bit would you take ino acount leap years. What dates wee the prophecies written?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

A leap of judgment? Here? Never. Are you feeding the fishes?
It sure does look like lens flare, especially in the one video where the camera is panning.

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

It's newly discovered but they've speculated about it for some time. It was discovered now because the satellites were only launched a few years ago. What do you speculate the spacequakes could be covering for? Venus blow up predicted into a crop circle is debunked as far as I'm concerned. Were you buying into that?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

I'm not a crop circle proponent. As for what "they" may be covering for... . I've yet to collate this particular conspiracy theory of mine into the grander scheme of my conspiracy theory paradigm, so I'll have to get back to you on that. I'm just speculating at this point. But pieces are being moved, tactics and strategies are being employed, and a blindness is covering the land.

"Perhaps we should send out the planetary distress signal, Mr. President, before it's too late..."

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
METEOR SHOWER: The University of Western Ontario meteor radar is picking up strong returns from the Southern Delta Aquarid meteor shower, which peaks on July 28th and 29th. Sky watchers (particularly in the southern hemisphere) should be alert for meteors between about 10 pm and dawn. "Visual rates could be as high as 20 per hour," notes Bill Cooke of NASA's Meteoroid Environment Office, "although glare from the nearly full Moon will make the fainter meteors difficult to see."

spaceweather.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Do you realize you posted that in the Dreams & Predictions forum? You might have gotten some more views elsewhere. It doesn't scream anything at me since they've just discovered the existence of them and they've speculated that they've existed. I don't pay very close attention to solar flares but haven't seen anything especially abnormal in the threads here. I've read some information regarding the other planets but fail to see some great connection yet.

We're constantly learning about how things actually operate in space, as well as on Earth, so it's difficult to say when there's so much knowledge yet to be gained. If we had infinite knowledge of the historical and inner workings of the universe and then something new was brought to light that hasn't happened in millions of years then it would be very substantial. Since we're pretty new at understanding this place we live in and on things have to be weighed a bit differently. At least that how I generally look at things. Believe me, I enjoy making connections about such things but I simply don't see them here.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Space Quakes?
Thats why i started this thread, but due to people not checking i didnt get much of a reply.
I would to like to pick your brains all of you, has the sola flae and space quakes along with all the other planets activity still not scream anything out at you all yet? seriously?
The shtf situation we`ve all talked about well unless im sorely mistaken here then this is how the story goes isnt it?
Discrepancies in dates perhaps? 2012? How many leap years since then? Did they take leap years into account?
Most of you if i asked how many days were in 50 years or vice versa you would answer after multipling 365 days by 50 bit would you take ino acount leap years. What dates wee the prophecies written?

It screams that we don't know everything about the universe and that our knowledge of the universe is starting to grow expontentially.
No, it doesn't scream anything about prophecies to me, as I never read any that talked about space earthquakes.
But keep trying to manipulate current events to the 2012 date

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Im not talking 2012 om talking now.
;

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10

Im not talking 2012 om talking now.
;

This thread is in the 2012 forum, and you're talking about prophecies.
And how does this relate AT ALL to any prophecies? Do enlighten me.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Earthquakes can not happen in Space.
More information on earthquakes.
www.answers.com...

I know what earthquakes are, thank you.
Two people in this thread have mentioned "quakes in space"
I'm just wondering if there's any validity to this.

thread is here:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

LOL I just posted your thread.

But I believe something is occurring, but I know not what. I believe it could be Planet X/Nibiru or it could be Nemesis getting closer. It just seems odd as of late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join