It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tug boat hits well causes new gusher in Gulf

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is crazy and if I didn't know any better, I would think that we are being led away from oil. Jeez, how much more dirty can we make the industry?

Could this really be a new leak or just BP's leak that they are now telling us about.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
read yer thread someplace i couldnt post immediately but the BP spill is more than the spills all together that have occured in the gulf in 36 yrs....
if that comes close to quantifying the situation....i couldnt find a total of the spills though.....
hope it makes the picture for you.....
this tugboat incident IS rather nerve wracking considering, but i dont think its signifigant as yet...lets see how soon they get it stopped, then put it into context if possible....
peace out

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What is it with all of these oil disasters? Is it me or has there been an unusual amount of them this year? This is getting to be ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
HLN News just stated that a new oil leak is happening in the Gulf. It is a State Owned Well and a Dredging Ship hit the well head.

Source HLN TV

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this isn't a pressure related issue and the tugboat happened to be in the area when it blew.

Keep in mind, at the moment pressure is a HUGE issue on that reservoir area. Then this happens just as they're monitoring the pressure on the currently capped well. If BP would release the numbers, I would not be surprised to see if the pressure dropped off on the cap when this well blew. 20-feet+ is a lot of pressure.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
I wasn't joking on other threads including my own, that we will soon be witnesses of events of Biblical proportions

I here you loud and clear on that my friend...

2nd

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by biblenet

You did see where they said it was in about six feet of water. If that is true I have a hard time thinking the dredge boat did not have this thing marked with something. I have been on a few dredging crews and if there was something that could get damaged or cause damage it was marked. So if a dredge boat was working around there I find it strange they did not mark it. Also most dredge boats have a fairly good GPS and some radars and some have sonars that will show something that may be a hazard. So this does sound shady. Or there is this maybe BP is upset that China tried to one up them and now they want to make sure their spill can never be topped. Relax I am only throwing a little jab out there for fun. This is really getting rediculous with the oil spills. It has to stop soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
msnbc has the story, it is in the environment, heading seems the well is state owned. thought you would like to know.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this. What if and that is a big What if someone thinks BP was getting off light and decided to add a little more fuel to the fire? Pop a well closer to the marsh and point the blame towards BP maybe? This is just something my mind came up and in no way am I saying that is what could be happening. This is just a crazy scenario that came to me and I hope it is jus an accident that gets fixed quick.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

The Boss of BP is leaving the company. Its being reported that people are getting sick from the dispersant's and natural toxins leaking from the well. And everyday this thing is leaking more and more oil into the gulf, probably 10 times what BP is admitting to. I don't know who you are, nor do I know why you are here trying to play this whole thing down, but you need to stop bro. Companies hire people like you to come on forums like these and spread bull# to calm the herd. So I ask you friend, how do you feel about BP?

[edit on 27-7-2010 by seanizle]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Interestingly I have a few ideas regarding this (different perspectives to look at this from).

1) This is a cover-story to explain why oil is going to continue washing up on shore where the real issue is they never plugged the well and its still spewing oil. They did a Moon Landing type hoax of an oil well leak plugging on live RoV cameras to buy them time as fustration among the people/gulf residents was mounting to a boiling point.

2) This is just another social experiment to analyze human response. Here is the thing with social experiments, as in any war/conflict one of the most necessary intels is numbers of combatants.

When your target is a domestic population its much more difficult to identify possible combatants or people who will "resist" with force as opposed to those who will fall in line. So social experiments are done that are to bring out the beliefs and actions of the masses.

Much like the pseudo-martial law trial run in New Orleans during Katrina. This was a perfect opportunity to see how people will react to the idea of martial law and the idea of gun confiscation. Also it was a perfect opportunity to de-arm the area at least somewhat.

3) Everything is as it seems and as reported via the MSM and this is just a highly coincidental and unfortunate event.

dunno what to think anymore these days and somehow I feel that is intended. Whatever they are doing they are doing a DAMN GOOD JOB of it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
About 2 weeks ago, there were articles on MSM about how BP was "standing by it's CEO". Then they get the leak stopped, and yesterday they announce they are firing and replacing the CEO, and today there is a new oil leak.

Things that make you go hmmm.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

It seems like there is something happening everyday that just seems to get this disaster heading in the wrong direction. We are supposed to be hearing about how well the clean up is going and yet all we get is there is problems and here we go another well head hit and leaking. When will it end.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Well you know what they say if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck he must not be near the Gulf Of Mexico. Sorry attempt at bad humor. I think Ray Charles could see that something is not right about this new well being hit. What do they think we will not figure out that this is just to weird to be a simple accident.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by seanizle
reply to post by Just Wondering

And everyday this thing is leaking more and more oil into the gulf, probably 10 times what BP is admitting to.
you do realize that the well hasn't leaked for a couple of weeks now right?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What I want to know is........

What's the other hand doing while we're being distracted by this hand ?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
let's have some actual facts here...

#1) there's NO RIG. This is a capped well pipe that sat about 6 ft BELOW the surface of the water When it was hit (tides, ya know)

#2) A tow boat, named Pere Ana C., pulling a dredging barge hit it - whether it was the tug itself or the barge being pulled is not clear - yet. It happened before dawn today.

#3) There is NO INFORMATION on whether this was a marked or unmarked well

#4) this is within Louisiana State controlled waters - the FED has NOTHING to do with it - LOUISIANA OWNS the well

Video of the actual leak liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

Updated LOCAL report www.wwltv.com...

All authorities here say it should be closed by 6:30 tonight. It DOES have a downhole safety valve in place

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
You know Obama has been pushing for the stop of drilling in the gulf. Think about where this leak is in regards to that marsh. That judge that overturned his decision is in Louisana.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If "they" were trying to "destroy" our environment, I think they'd be smarter than have a tugboat run into an abandoned well that will be contained within a single day.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hi airspoon.

Originally posted by airspoon
. . .I would think that we are being led away from oil.

! ! That woulb be the **BEST** thing resulting from that disaster ! !

Blue skies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join