It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norad Training Exercise Tonight! Over DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The exercises will take place between midnight and 2 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday. Civil Air Patrol aircraft and Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin helicopters will take part in the exercise.

Norad Training Exercise

Something to keep an eye on. I like to tune in to RadioReference to listen to the action. Just remember folks there was a norad exercise during 911. hopefully there is no false flag tonight.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What type of training exercise only lasts two hours and why at midnight over the skies of a sleeping city?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Isn't there a power outage in DC? I wonder if this training exercise will be over areas that are without power.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Several weeks ago the military was running aircraft intercept missions over Baltimore, MD, I wonder if this exercise will have an equivalent objective. Odd or maybe telling that USCG and CAP aircraft will be involved. i'll have to do some research and determine what the Coast Guard and CAP's mission is in a national emergency/disaster. Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I found this similar exercise from 2009. Peace

www.norad.mil...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
NORAD plans Washington exercise

GO NORAD!

YAAHOOO! love them lock em, rock em, sock em early morning civil unrest patrols!!

Welcome to the United States of the 21st Century, where NORAD gives America's citizenry a free air show in the name of crowd control!!

Man, this stuff is really starting to spin down! Who turned on the goshdang spin cycle anyway?!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

Just remember folks there was a norad exercise during 911. hopefully there is no false flag tonight.

Not even relevant.

This same exact type of (minor) activity has happened countless times, here in the DC area....there have even been OTHER threads started, in the past, here on ATS.

It's a nothing story --- only reason they make it public (note that detail!) is so some crackpot won't get freaked out by the one or two airplanes flying overhead at odd hours, and complain or panic about it.

You did notice that the Civil Air patrol is participating, right? Know what that group is? (Hint: Think the "Boy Scouts" of aviation, for comparison...with adult supervision, of course).

~~~~

BTW...it's from Dr. Gridlock!!

Local DC area residents are very familiar with his columns...on transportation issues affecting commuters!!!

[edit on 26 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by tracer7

Not even relevant.

[edit on 26 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

I bet alot of people said that about the norad exercise on the morning of 911.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
See this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If there was gonna be a false flag
they wouldnt use the
norad exercise
twice.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

Sounds like you have bad information, regarding the "NORAD exercises" on September 11th, 2001....that is the sort of nonsense that the "9/11 conspiracy" websites put out....it is rubbish.

A little bit of checking, and the real facts emerge:

On September 11, 2001, the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) was involved in an ongoing operation which involved deploying fighter aircraft to northwestern North America.

``````(skip)

Operation Northern Vigilance, was a NORAD operation which involved deploying fighter aircraft to locations in Alaska and Northern Canada. ...... It was immediately called off after NORAD received word from NEADS that the Federal Aviation Administration had evidence of a hijacking.

en.wikipedia.org...

Note the part of the country (and Canada) that the "exercises" were actually planned...AND think about the time zone difference!!!

It is always a good idea to check facts.....relying on the "9/11 conspiracy" sites is not a way to deny ignorance.....

[edit on 27 July 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

form your own words they were involved in an "operation vigilance".Purposely sent out of the area. to me that sounds like a norad exercise, but I could be crazy. these are the kind of tricks they like to pull.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

...and why at midnight over the skies of a sleeping city?
And others would ask why during morning rush hour on a sunny morning. Others would ask why over the suburbs on a cloudy afternoon. Still others would ask why during the weekend over a secluded area at sunset. There's a time and place that everyone thinks is an odd time. Is there any time and place that wouldn't raise suspicions to someone?

reply to post by The Drunken Cow

...they wouldnt use the norad exercise twice.

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

You just have to keep grasping, huh??

NO, they don't fly all the equipment from bases on the East Coast, up to Alaska for a training exercise!

There are BASES up there already!!! Those are the assets they draw from! ALSO, In Washington State, Oregon, california...

Face it --- "9/11 conspiracy" websites are a crock...they start these rumors, without any sort of substantial proof, nor research....and by repeating FALSE info, pretty soon other people repeat it, and next thing you know, those "believers" now think it's "truth"....this is called a 'meme'.

Other word would by 'myth'...like in 'Urban Myth'

Problem is, this sort of BS happens all the time, in the "9/11" deniers' camps...it is disgusting, how they prey on the gullible.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Apparently there have been wide spread power outages due to weather across the DC area.

www.businessweek.com...

200,00 residents without power.

www.techbanyan.com...

Washington DC Poweroutage 2010: Almost 200,000 people in the nation’s capital are affected by the Pepco Power outage. According to reports, storms in the area have knocked out the power. Exactly 194,088 are impacted, according to the local power authority. The storm is felt in both Washington DC and in nearby counties of Montgomery and Prince George.

pesn.com...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by thehoneycomb]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tracer7

All military bases run exercises.... ALL THE TIME!!! Stop being paranoid.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracer7
Just remember folks there was a norad exercise during 911. hopefully there is no false flag tonight.

I'm so sick of hearing this line. There have been hundreds of exercises since 9/11, and nothing has happened. Not a god damn thing. Stop with fear mongering already.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks for the posts everyone. just wanted to make sure people were aware. I really didn't see this as a "ohhh noessssssssssss!!!!" thread but I guess that's what y'all want to take from it. I guess I would rather be aware of what they are doing instead of trying to pick up the pieces in the event that something does happen.

top topics

join