It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1914 - The Year the World Went Mad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
1914 - What led up to WW1

We mostly deal with the modern TPTB here, but what about this history, who was behind these assassinations. A prominent french leader was also killed, this is less well known, but it set the French off. Jean Léon Jaurès an anti-militarist, was assassinated at the outbreak of World War I.

Although wars have been fought for centuries, the war that saw its beginning on 28th June 1914 with the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Sophie, Duchess of Hohenberg, was different.

It involved all the worlds great powers, assembled in two opposing alliances.

More than 70 million military personnel, including 60 million Europeans, Americans and Commonwealth forces were mobilized.

More than 15 million people were killed, making it the deadliest conflict in human history to that time.

For the first time, in the fullest sense, "Nation was rising against Nation".

By the war's end, four major imperial powers—the German, Russian, Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires—had been militarily and politically defeated, with the last two ceasing to exist!

The revolutionized Soviet Union emerged from the Russian Empire, while the map of central Europe was completely redrawn.

"The League of Nations" emerged in the vain hope of preventing another conflict.

However the nationalism and hatred spawned by the war, the repercussions of Germany's defeat, and of the Treaty of Versailles eventually lead to "Nation rising against Nation" once again.

Of note also is that the federal reserve began to function in 1914, after it passed during the Christmas holidays.

Comments on the changes that took place to the world with the breaking out of World War 1 in 1914.

“The last completely ‘normal’ year in history was 1913, the year before World War I began.”—Editorial in the Times-Herald, Washington, D.C

“Increasingly, the 75-year period from 1914 to 1989, covering two world wars and the cold war, is being seen by historians as a single, discrete epoch, a time apart in which much of the world was fighting war, recovering from war or preparing for war.”—The New York Times

“The whole world really blew up about World War I and we still don’t know why. Before then, men thought that utopia was in sight. There was peace and prosperity. Then everything blew up. We’ve been in a state of suspended animation ever since . . . More people have been killed in this century than in all of history.”—Dr. Walker Percy, American Medical News,

More than 50 years after 1914, German statesman Konrad Adenauer wrote: “Security and quiet have disappeared from the lives of men since 1914.”—The West Parker, Cleveland, Ohio

“By all contemporaneous accounts, the world prior to 1914 seemed to be moving irreversibly toward higher levels of civility and civilization; human society seemed perfectible. The nineteenth century had brought an end to the wretched slave trade. Dehumanizing violence seemed on the decline. . . . The pace of global invention had advanced throughout the nineteenth century, bringing railroads, the telephone, the electric light, cinema, the motor car, and household conveniences too numerous to mention. Medical science, improved nutrition, and the mass distribution of potable water had elevated life expectancy . . . The sense of the irreversibility of such progress was universal.” But . . . “World War I was more devastating to civility and civilization than the physically far more destructive World War II: the earlier conflict destroyed an idea. I cannot erase the thought of those pre-World War I years, when the future of mankind appeared unencumbered and without limit.
-The Age of Turbulence: Adventures in a New World, Alan Greenspan

“Historic events are often said to have ‘changed everything.’ In the case of the Great War [1914-1918] this is, for once, true. The war really did change everything: not just borders, not just governments and the fate of nations, but the way people have seen the world and themselves ever since. It became a kind of hole in time, leaving the postwar world permanently disconnected from everything that had come before.”-A World Undone, by G. J. Meyer

“The 1914-18 war that destroyed the 19th century is not over.” What did he mean? He explained: “History doesn’t pay any attention to calendars. The 19th century—defined as a set of beliefs, assumptions, attitudes and morals—did not end on Jan. 1, 1901. It ended in 1914. That’s also when the 20th century, defined the same way, began. . . . “Virtually all of the conflicts that we have been concerned with all of our lives stemmed from that war. Nearly all of the intellectual and cultural currents that we have lived with were born out of that war. . . . “I think it did such damage because it shattered people’s belief that humans can control their destiny. . . . The war disabused people of that belief. No one on either side thought it would turn out the way it did. It destroyed the British and French empires. It killed off the best of a whole generation of British, French and German men. . . . In a short period of time, it killed 11 million people.”
- The Orlando Sentinel

“Before 1914 the monetary and the financial systems were compatible. . . . If one takes August 1914 as marking the dividing line between them, the contrasts between the nineteenth and the twentieth centuries are striking. In many aspects of human affairs there has been a complete reversal of trend. . . . One major reason was the severance of the linkage between the financial system and money with intrinsic value that began in 1914. . . . The breaking of the linkage was a momentous event. . . . 1914 marked a radical, and in the end catastrophic, transformation of that system.” - Ashby Bladen, a senior vice president of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America

“It is indeed the year 1914 rather than that of Hiroshima which marks the turning point in our time.”—René Albrecht-Carrié, The Scientific Monthly

“Ever since 1914, everybody conscious of trends in the world has been deeply troubled by what has seemed like a fated and predetermined march toward ever greater disaster. Many serious people have come to feel that nothing can be done to avert the plunge towards ruin.”—Bertrand Russell, The New York Times Magazine

“Everything would get better and better. This was the world I was born in. . . . Suddenly, unexpectedly, one morning in 1914 the whole thing came to an end.”—British statesman Harold Macmillan, The New York Times,

“In 1914 the world lost a coherence which it has not managed to recapture since. . . . This has been a time of extraordinary disorder and violence, both across national frontiers and within them.”—The Economist,

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

good post! and i had never heard about that french guy getting whacked b4 so thank you for spreading knowlege!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Jehovah's Witnesses (Bible Students) predicted 1914 would be the time when Satan was finally and permanently cast from heaven.

Always found that interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Have you read Barbara Tuchman's books?
"The Guns of August"- about the first month.
"The Proud Tower"- about the previous generation.
Excellent background reading.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
www.bullyonline.org...
Here is some more WW1 madness and to think all this took place less than 100 years ago.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
A wales newspaper spontaneously comes into existance 1914 August 30.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70386e08c0ac.jpg[/atsimg]

I submit to you that it is
the aspects that this announcement
is like covering a sports event that help it succeed.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Removed post due to being in NWO section...tiptoes quietly out...

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I submit that the reason this period of time has been so utterly insane is that beginning with the Fed at Christmas 1913, is when the Elitist scum taht are responsible for the Fed, and also responsible directly or indirectly for just about every major event since then.

It was when they started actively and outwardly putting their plan into place. They have started all major military conflicts and benefited from them regardless of victor. We have also seen more ups and down in the world economy than ever before and they have benefited there as well.

They have moved us ever closer to a one world government with themselves installed as the ruling elite class and those of us who are still around to be their slaves.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

It seems like not that many people understand just how nasty the Fed is for the world.

This building stone says it all. Note the founding date.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd5383344d5a.jpg[/atsimg]

And another point I overlooked was the fact that the assassin killed the wife as well.

That was an extra vicious act of violence, to inflame the other side.
In an age of chivalry, that was a most heinous act to murder the Duchess of Hohenberg Sophie. Indeed a true act of terrorism.

To put that in perspective imagine if whoever took out JFK also shot and killed his wife Jackie too. Imagine the extra outrage that would have been felt by the populace.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Though the precise truth may never be known, I am relatively certain that history will eventually come to recognize that 1914 was the year that the global shadow government achieved control through banking, commerce and international law over nearly the entire planet and started actively instituting plans how to consolidate all the nations into an open one world government.

A lot of national pride that had long been used to manipulate the masses would have to be stamped out, and the only way it could be stamped out with out the leaders who had long exploited it loosing their credibility is to get the people themselves to eventually recognize nationalistic differences as detrimental to them, and religious differences detrimental to them, through an endless cycle of war, that would also effectively help to control the population and then decrease the excess population that was once needed in the colonizing of the world and discovering and harnessing it’s resources, but were not needed and were detrimental in such large numbers to maintain it.

Most of this which is still occurring is being done to mimic Biblical prophecy to get the religious to in essence accept cruel and horrible events as somehow being the work of God.

This is why the primary reason that World War I was fought was simply to obtain the Balfour Agreement to reestablish Israel. Anyone who knows the often untold parts of history will know a tremendous amount of financial manipulation and backroom dealing went into securing the Balfour Agreement and once secure, additional financial manipulation was used to quickly determine the outcome of a war, that had for the better part of four years been a slaughter involving millions along front lines that barely ever moved, and never moved more than 14 miles.

This is a plan, a plan that dates back to Rome and the writing of the Bible, with countless generations of elites and royals, and secret societies laying the foundational work to drive the world to a one world government under them.

Sadly the events of World War II often eclipse the events of World War I, but to really understand the modern equation and everything that has happened in the last 100 years, understanding World War I, the Federal Reserve Act, and the Papal roots of the Banking Industry and how the Balfour Agreement plays a key role in it all, and then later Israel itself, will shed a lot of insight to those who can’t perceive the method to the madness that continues to drive events still to this day.

Many people still think nations including our own here in the United States exist as truly sovereign entities, they don’t they exist as corporate fictions, with the management of each, manipulating the people to eliminate each other and their ways of life through ethnic, religious, and national pride, to drive the world to the breaking point where those who have survived will accept a one state world and a homogenous uniform existence with the state as everything.

This all stems from something called ‘Bellum omnium contra omnes’ Latin from Roman Empire Times that means the war of all against all, where it was theorized that human nature being what it is, the only way humans would ever have peace is when there is but one State left, and all that exist are in service and submission to the State in every way shape or form, as the only means to eliminate rivalries, theft, greed and ambition that takes on murderous forms.

What we are witnessing are the final acts of the war of all against all, and before it’s through people will see horrors and death and carnage and suffering in ways and on a scale they have never seen before.

This is the elites plan, target date for completion 2033!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
Jehovah's Witnesses (Bible Students) predicted 1914 would be the time when Satan was finally and permanently cast from heaven.

Always found that interesting.

And the Nation of Islam teachings say that 1914 was the beginning of the end of the devil's reign.

Also:

1+9+1+4 = 15: "The Devil"

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
And the Nation of Islam teachings say that 1914 was the beginning of the end of the devil's reign.

I didn't know that. Very interesting. Do they point to the events of 1914 as signs of this?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"For the first time, in the fullest sense, "Nation was rising against Nation"."

I would say : For the first time, in the fullest sense, "Machines was rising against Human stupidities".

Who wons ?

The machines...

The tool is better that we, yes, for the first time : some people understood

We must stop being crazy beings ! because the power we got with technology is INFINITE !

INFINITE !

! I N F I N I T E ! ! !

[edit on 27-7-2010 by psychederic]

[edit on 27-7-2010 by psychederic]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Good post.

If this issue interests you its probably worth checking out.

www.amazon.com...

Its not always an easy read and some of it is almost too grim to take, but its educational on some of the less well known dark episodes of the 20th century.

For anyone who doubts we're just clever animals, this book will cure the notion.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
S&F Beautiful thread, great responses too. This really works into whats happening today. Its a good example of the machiavellian plot coming to fruit today. The exoteric chess moves being made as you stated in 1914, after who knows how many centuries of clandestine plotting and waiting for the right moment.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"The League of Nations" emerged in the vain hope of preventing another conflict.

"However the nationalism and hatred spawned by the war, the repercussions of Germany's defeat, and of the Treaty of Versailles eventually lead to "Nation rising against Nation" once again. "

it was because of the league of nations that ww2 was started if you think about it..

like you said..nation vs nation..

hey anyone notice something? uhhh g20 caugh g8

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's a very nice thread you got here... thanks for that...

Gavrilo Princip was a strange guy. His friends were even stranger. That they at least had structural if not operational support by important elements of the Serb hardliners is pretty much accepted today... Gavrilo has always struck me as one of the more fascinating characters in history... Of course Gavrilos deed was not the reason for the war, it was just the occurance that brought it on. But still one wonders... Sometimes in history there are these unique situations when one man truly can make earth-shattering changes by his own actions. Would he have done it if he knew?

en.wikipedia.org...

Once you get into the summer of 1914 ... the term "folly" really is adequate ... While the people in general where not all that eager for war in most countries (that is something that has been debunked mostly) there were some people who did want a war. And the men who wanted it tended to hold the positions that determined over war and peace... It was the summer of illusions and the folly of a few ruthless men was going to deicde over the faith of 10 of millions of people and reshape the whole future of the world.

Think about it... The intensity, complexity and volumes of globalization that existed in 1913 were only repaired by the 90's. Any counterfactual that avoids WW1 will be radically different from what we came to experience. The gravity of this even is truly... undescribable .. Thanks for making me think about this once again....

[edit on 27-7-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I don't know at what year it began but 20th century is very special and not just because we documented it more meticulously... So many things have changed, so drastically and so fast. Some very good things... and some, sad, awful things, irreversible damages to our planet.

People say we are in a status quo, but if you look at the big picture then you see how rapidly things are changing in every aspect of our existence. The depressed status quo feeling stems from our spiritual dissatisfaction with the nourishment our "matrix" daily provides us with, but ironically we can choose to refuse the food.

I think events in past two hundred years are the cause of our "expecting" for some kind of total annihilation....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Have you read Barbara Tuchman's books?
"The Guns of August"- about the first month.
"The Proud Tower"- about the previous generation.
Excellent background reading.

I don't want to get away from the thread too far but I think many will find this interesting: Jessica Tuchman Mathews, daughter of Barbara Tuchman, is one of the very few people who are a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, Bilderberg attendees, and the Trilateral Commission. I didn't know about her mother's work until now - looking forward to seeing those books!

Excellent thread. I'd like to know more about all the insiders/backers of the League of Nations - one of the most pertinent events in our world history there.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I just pulled this old thread up to answer this question from Wiki.

While the First World War was still underway, a number of governments and groups had already started developing plans to change the way international relations were carried out to try to prevent another such conflict. United States President Woodrow Wilson and his adviser Colonel Edward M. House enthusiastically promoted the idea of the League as a means of avoiding any repetition of the bloodshed of the First World War, and the creation of the League was a centrepiece of Wilson's Fourteen Points for Peace. Specifically the final point stated: "A general association of nations must be formed under specific covenants for the purpose of affording mutual guarantees of political independence and territorial integrity to great and small states alike."

Before drafting the specific terms of his peace deal, Wilson recruited a team led by Colonel House to compile information deemed pertinent in assessing Europe’s geo-political situation. In early January 1918, Wilson summoned House to Washington and the two began hammering out, in complete secrecy, the president’s first address on the League of Nations, which was delivered to Congress on 8 January 1918.Wilson's final plans for the League were strongly influenced by South African Prime Minister Jan Smuts (served as a General in World War I), who in 1918 had published a treatise entitled The League of Nations: A Practical Suggestion. According to F. S. Crafford, Wilson adopted "both the ideas and the style" of Smuts.

On 8 July 1919, Wilson returned to the United States and embarked on a nation-wide campaign to secure the support of the American people for their country’s entry into the League. On 10 July, Wilson addressed the Senate, declaring that "a new role and a new responsibility have come to this great nation that we honor and which we would all wish to lift to yet higher levels of service and achievement". Support, particularly from Republicans, was scanty at best.

When you think about this Woodrow Wilson pushed for and got both the "League of Nations" and the "Federal Reserve". No wonder he lamented in his twilight years that he ruined his country, remorse for his part in the ruination of the system.

Note: Now that video is gone and I can't find a copy of it, interesting.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join