It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Two Party System is a Lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Americans are the most simple minded, passive aggressive people in the entire world.

Want to know how I know this?

You vehemently defend the same rich, corporatist scumbags who steal your pension, who foreclose on your homes, who take away you constitutional rights, the same ones who send your children off to die in a war for $$$$. They steal your 401K and give it to Goldman Sachs, then send your jobs to India and the Phillipines....and yet Americans wake up day in and day out and bicker with one another over who's side is right.

While you sit for hours reading blogs, watching your choice of state propaganda that is network news, arguing endlessly about Bush versus Obama, liberal versus conservative, donkey versus elephant, there are politicians and elected officials skimming the system and getting fat and rich off of your hard earned dollars.

Here is a hint. Both sides are the same. Politicians could care less about party affiliation, they only vote what is best for them and the lobbyists who pay them. It is all fixed like pro wrestling, in front of the cameras they are enemies, but behind closed doors they are all pigs eating from the same trough of slop....Wake up America!! The game is rigged!!

So I ask this as I have gotten simply sick and tired of reading and watching as common Americans who are taking it on the nose by these crooked political institutions bare teeth and defend the same corrupt, crooked scheisters who are responsible for their suffering. It is almost like Stockholm Syndrome, where the victim stands up for their abuser, swearing that he/she is different than the others.

Well guess what Democrat, guess what Republican, your party isn't different, your party isn't above reproach, your beloved political institution does the same awful things that you claim only those "other" people do. That same political party that you donate to, that you volunteer for, that you defend tooth and nail look's at you as sub-human and expendable. You have been lied to.

So why defend these cretins who obviously DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU? Get it? They do NOT CARE about your future, your family, your quality of life. Why show allegiance to a party that threw you overboard years ago?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well said, well said but in the end it will still be the same old debate IMO.

So why defend these cretins who obviously DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU? Get it? They do NOT CARE about your future, your family, your quality of life. Why show allegiance to a party that threw you overboard years ago?

Are they really defending or do many people just have too much pride to admit that they have been had?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I cant figure it out, really.

The American people seem to cling to what they are familiar with. I suppose many inherited their party affiliation from their parents, who passed it along through their belief systems.

I cant understand for the life of me how anyone could support these same corrupt, greedy politicians year in and year out. The same faces, the same ones who have been sucking the blood out of the system for 10, 20 and some for 30+ years.

Career politicians who have gotten fat off of the expense of the American people. The same ones who have continuously voted in favor of big business and corporations ahead of the well being of their constituents.

Why keep electing these same people when we know they will produce the same results. Does four years of Bush really look much different than four years of Obama?

Its all the same people who are on the same team, and we the people are not on that team.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It is Biblical that everyone should be in one accord.

Luke.11

1. [17] But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

It is clear that the two party system is to create a division, one of a conservative unchanging moral and ethical standard and that of the
liberal what was good for their fathers is not good for them.

also I would state that this is a Republic that is based upon morals that do not change not
a democracy where mob rules. All you need is 51% and murder is legal.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well said

It is something i have been saying for a long time. Most of the people i know who have any strong political views are busy people and therefore get all of thier information from the msm. These people truly believe they know whats going on in the world and the funny thing is that i mention some of the news articles i read here on ATS and they have no idea what i am talking about. Well, sometimes it is on the 5:00 news a few days later, but only stories that are "msm friendly".

I try to tell them that all politicians are the same and screw us over constantly. I tell them that they really dont have a choice and i offer examples to prove it, but they refuse to listen. They think i am the one who is ignorant. They seem to believe that they will just vote out the scum and everything will be better.

The fact is politicians dont run this country, corporations do. In fact, much of the congress and house work for these massive corporations and those that dont are just bribed. This isnt anything new. Its been happening since the beginning and it is now to the point that they dont even hide it!

Im with you. I have no idea why people arent rioting in the streets right now. I guess the majority of america is so hopped up on legal and illegal drugs and chemicals in our food and drink that we are docile.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Too true! Anyone who read any of my posts knows how strongly I agree with your assessment. I have racked my brain over this apparent conundrum for nearly 30 years and always arrive at the very same conclusion - ignorance is bliss! To eradicate one's ignornace of this very fact would require one to step outside of their comfort zone and experience uneasy confusion, something most simply will not do. Until such time we are destined to spin endlessly within this Nth binary loop, repeating all of the same mistakes over and over and over again. As one before has stated, The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results! I fear the majority of Americans have simply gone mad!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Of course it's a lie. It's been discussed and pointed out many times on ATS. But, OP, thanks for bringing it up again. New members surely haven't seen all that has been discussed in the past on ATS.

Of course members can use the search feature, but if someone doesn't even know to search for something, how will it be found?

And, I understand, there are members who still don't believe what you posted. So another kick in the butt can't hurt, yes?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Uh huh. Truth.

I can't figure it out either. It seems so clear, but people seems to have this tendency to clump with and follow like people. Beats the hell out of me. Good post. We need to remind everything of this more often...and of our priorities.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It just pains me to see good Americans, hard working people, falling for this BS.

Every day I read posts by people I know, decent and honest people, defending the actions of their chosen party like it is the hand of God.

I see middle class people who identify themselves as conservative, so they throw themselves into the same shark tank as the wealthy elite, the bankers, the same people who just robbed them of their retirement. The saqme people who wouldn't even think twice about an average person who is beneath them.

And I see well intentioned, open minded middle class people who want to help the less fortunate, who believe in the message of JFK and MLK and others who inspired them to become active and do good.

Then you see these same people aligning themselves with Nacy Pelosi and the other money thieving, big government Marxists who want to redefine the entire landscape of the nation into a welfare nanny state. People who have sucked from the same teet as the Republican politicians, the Dodd's and the Frank's, the Geithners. People who are way more about political power and consolidation of big government than they are about helping the gullible people who voted for them.

What has the Republican party ever done for you, Mr. Joe the Plummer?

What has the Democrat party ever done for you Mr. and Mrs. Liberal voter?

What do these two parties have in common? They both support corporations, they both are paid well by lobbyist's, they are both part of the same system that has been keeping regular, tax paying Americans in the poor house for decades.

They play by the same rules, and that is to make as much money as possible, all while doing the least amount of good possible for the constituancy. Only when you are forced during an election year do you cater to the voters, and for the next four years it's all about making one another rich.

Does that about sum it up?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There is no "hint", I think many people, especially the younger ones, are aware that their votes are useless. It has been said before, but people will not pick up a gun until it gets extremely bad to where they can't eat because of government encroachment. People didn't pick up their guns when the government said "you can't grow or possess hemp" but I think they'll wish they stopped the buck there when it all hits the fan.

top topics

join