It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Julian Assange (Wikileaks) an agent of those with evil agendas?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus
"puts soldiers and US agents at risk."

NO! Those in the military have placed themselves at risk. Sure, when the war first started, one could argue that these troops did not know what they were getting into (i.e., they didn't sign up for a war in Afghanistan or Iraq). HOWEVER, this war has been going on for so long now, that there is no troop that HASN'T enlisted or renewed their military contract with full knowledge of the wars at hand. Now days, none of them were fooled into anything. They all knew what they were in for and they chose to go at it anyway....placing themselves in danger.

If they weren't out there slaughtering the innocent, then Wikileaks wouldn't have anything to "puts soldiers and US agents at risk". I applaud Wikileaks efforts to bring the truth to light; regardless of consequence, the truth must be told.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

"puts soldiers and US agents at risk."

NO! Those in the military have placed themselves at risk. Sure, when the war first started, one could argue that these troops did not know what they were getting into (i.e., they didn't sign up for a war in Afghanistan or Iraq). HOWEVER, this war has been going on for so long now, that there is no troop that HASN'T enlisted or renewed their military contract with full knowledge of the wars at hand. Now days, none of them were fooled into anything. They all knew what they were in for and they chose to go at it anyway....placing themselves in danger.

If they weren't out there slaughtering the innocent, then Wikileaks wouldn't have anything to "puts soldiers and US agents at risk". I applaud Wikileaks efforts to bring the truth to light; regardless of consequence, the truth must be told.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Aggie Man]

True, anyone who enlists in the military is putting their life at risk.

However, some questions need to be addressed about this leak..

Such as, is this guy working for or being paid by or harbored by anyone the United States government will consider an "enemy?"

Also, if he's providing information regarding the tactics and operational procedures of the US military, is he engaging in actions against the US military? And believe me, the military and FBI/CIA doesn't care if you've got a gun in your hand or not. To them, providing "material assistance" is the same thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
This whole ordeal seems to be dragging out as a 'good reason' why the president should be able to shut down the internet...

One day (soon?) Wikileaks will release information that will later be shown to have enabled terrorists to set off a nuke in a US city.

That will be the cause to lock down the internet, among many other things.

When the false flaggers use their nuke, they will use it for 40 years to eventually destroy liberties and set up their world government.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Mainstream media was instrumental in the propaganda campaign which culminated in the illegal conflict in Iraq.

But some people still believe anything they see on TV or hear on the radio, all channels of the federally approved aparatus that IS our media.

It is a conspiracy. It's a conspiracy to control the flow of information and the shape of the issues which we as a society choose to focus on. This is true.

And almost every single person in our country has a device which funnels to them, 24 hours a day, the information that those in control want you to hear. That's an awesome power.

Unfortunately, most people see or hear this stuff and believe it. They shut out the fact that often what they're watching is engineered to get them to feel a certain way, so they'll support or work against a certain cause.

Call me a loon. I don't care. You're the person who's surfing a conspiracy theory website, and making fun of someone who's got a conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Mainstream media was instrumental in the propaganda campaign which culminated in the illegal conflict in Iraq.

But some people still believe anything they see on TV or hear on the radio, all channels of the federally approved aparatus that IS our media.

It is a conspiracy. It's a conspiracy to control the flow of information and the shape of the issues which we as a society choose to focus on. This is true.

And almost every single person in our country has a device which funnels to them, 24 hours a day, the information that those in control want you to hear. That's an awesome power.

Unfortunately, most people see or hear this stuff and believe it. They shut out the fact that often what they're watching is engineered to get them to feel a certain way, so they'll support or work against a certain cause.

Call me a loon. I don't care. You're the person who's surfing a conspiracy theory website, and making fun of someone who's got a conspiracy theory.

Your not a loon man. It all fits in perfect. I am sure the Iran dialogue tied to these wikileaks will be used by MSM for awhile now. Not to mention - he didn't really dump any info people wouldn't have thought of before. It's all pretty straight forward.

It's interesting to see the mindset people will have after reading these documents or if they just follow the MSM news. For example - after hearing what the news has to say will average joe say " Lets get out of there" or " Lets blow up Iran".

It will be a curious scientific effort to see how people will follow from what comes from these docs.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I spent a couple of hours last night reading randomly through the leaks. Now my concept of "random" is pretty thorough. I saw lots of "IRoA" references which were interpreted by the help hover to mean Iran, but which were not contextually relevant to Iran, and I read a LOT of reports which detailed the amount of reconstruction taking place, along with the shoddy workmanship of rebuilding by contractors from USAID.

Apart from the deaths of civilians it was all pretty boring stuff and nothing out of the ordinary of what you would expect from a war zone. Given that our troops are not a bunch of choir boys, and nor would we want them to be, you would expect mistakes and even, regrettably, atrocities.

There were a couple of reports which detailed the less than enthusiastic response from Pakistani officers to the sharing of intelligence, and a few, which when reading the "subtext", if such can be said to exist within an intel report, that hinted at a touch of corruption from both Pakistani military officials and Afghan governors. Which is to be expected.

But I didn't find anything that was particularly destructive to the US position or its relationship with other countries.

Can someone post an excerpt of these damaging reports? Or have they been sanitized from the stuff we can access?

So far, I have not found anything in the content of these reports to warrant the outrage of the US military machine over these leaks. The fact they were leaked - maybe - but nothing in the content. And, frankly. the MSM reports I have seen which list some of the highlights are listed under different categories of reports to the categories shown by Wikileaks, which makes them difficult to find.

So, I cautiously agree with the OP. Until I have seen with my own eyes some content that is specifically damaging to the US relationship with certain other countries, and yes, I will keep looking through the reports, I am forced to conclude that these leaked records are nothing more than a "marshmallow" = something forced into our mouths to shut us up and keep us chewing while the grownups get on with other business.

So, ATS, are we like the 90% of people who never read beyond the first chapter of a book? Where are the direct quotes from the Wikileaks? If Assange's work is so important, and you are so convinced that he is our new information hero, why have there been no quotes on this site from these records to substantiate the position of damage and embarrassment supposedly caused to the US? Unless I've missed 'em, in which case - SEVERE embarrassment to me!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I also find Mr. Assange's opinions on conspiracy theories to be interesting...

Quoted Link

His obsession with secrecy, both in others and maintaining his own, lends him the air of a conspiracy theorist. Is he one? "I believe in facts about conspiracies," he says, choosing his words slowly. "Any time people with power plan in secret, they are conducting a conspiracy. So there are conspiracies everywhere. There are also crazed conspiracy theories. It's important not to confuse these two. Generally, when there's enough facts about a conspiracy we simply call this news." What about 9/11? "I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud." What about the Bilderberg conference? "That is vaguely conspiratorial, in a networking sense. We have published their meeting notes."

[edit on 26-7-2010 by MarkusMaximus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I believe in him.
Got a few reasons but I do LIKE what he is saying - don't just report the news, provide your source documents.

I don't think the govt. would push that. They don't even want us reading legislation and commenting on it, or calling congress about it- so they make it thousands of pages long and give us a day.

No, I suppose I am coming from a background of a 'hacker' myself. I 'GOT" The Hackers' Manifesto. Old school 80's, early 90's, the subculture was saying ALL these things Assange is now saying. He never deviated.

It's all about the information. Who controls it, who has it. Power to the people means the information is available to the people.

Now that is not to say he could not or is not being used. Everyone is, truth be known, in some way, by someone.

What we need is a REALLY good journalist that can dig deeper into the Adrian Llamo story and find out if Lamo is being paid by the US Govt. Same with Manning- is he REALLY in prison? Was he REALLy just following orders releasing that stuff? Knowing more about what WENT DOWN with all that would really shed some light on wikileaks's position.

Maybe Iran really is more of a threat than I personally have thought in the past. It doesn't make me want to go to war with them. If anything, all this makes me hate war even more.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
One day (soon?) Wikileaks will release information that will later be shown to have enabled terrorists to set off a nuke in a US city.

That will be the cause to lock down the internet, among many other things.

This is a plausible scenario, in one form or another.

If Assange is truly a messenger of Truth, then that's awesome.

But, human beings being whaty they are, the chances are good that he's got an agenda, or those to whom he's loyal have one.

And the fact that he's alive and/or not incarcerated is suspicious. He's seemingly flaunting his ability to deny the US government's wishes about publishing their "secret" documents.

There's always the possibility that he was co-opted by the Feds, with money of course. That is usually the way to corrupt people.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
it certainly is a possibility, I thought that when I noticed the media was saying the leaked documents puts the taliban in a negative light, so, how is this bad news for the US? Every negative on the US is really soft, like, attacking taliban without trial, obviously since they are at war.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Another possibility:

Wikileaks is a "honeypot" which is allowed to continue its existence by world governments in order to catch those who would try to leak sensitive info.

Assange has been arrested for hacking before. Perhaps he struck a deal to reduce his own jail time by agreeing to operate the website, while playing a role. This would explain why the governments of no countries have arrested him. He's "leaked" stuff from all over the world. The US isn't his only target.

The US army brat who leaked info to Assange was...identified. Think he turned himself in? Think a smart guy, who was able to steal that much information undetected, turned himself in???

Unlikely.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So typical of ATS members to distrust someone who tries to help. There is so much propaganda surrounding wikileaks to create distrust and possibly even support to go after Julian Assange... the so-called truth seekers can never be helped, because they would simply distrust those who seek to help them.

Sing the same song as the truth seekers long enough and the truth seekers will start wonder why you are singing their song...

A mass psychosis ready to turn on anyone.

Paranoia and distrust has created an insanity. Not only questioning reality, but doubting reality.

This site is a tool for social unrest. No different than any msm outlet... full of spin, full of wild accussations, and wild speculation...

I think wikileaks is on the right side, and as of right now I see no reason not to support their efforts to reveal truth.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Several members have insinuated that Assange is trying to "help." Could you please elaborate on the reasons why you believe that?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A couple of things come to mind

A: This is a good distraction. So what might it be distracting from?

B: This release, while white washed by the MSM, could be a precursor release. They may be looking to release some big stuff, including the previously mentioned cables, and this is to prime the system for it.

C: He could be working for one of the planetary controlling factions, including the one that leaked. Faction A wants to wipe out B, so it releases the info. Faction A wants something else, so it releases the info on itself.

D: He "lives" simply because he was smart enough to set up a system whereby killing him does little to nothing helpful.

E: The most important. No matter which side it falls, it is a showing of hidden material, whether useful to condemn or not, and this is a major event. To date war, killing, stealing via the military, is hidden under the guise that it compromises the operation of someone knows something. While marginally true in some places, the fact is we all pay for it, we all fight it, we all see it, we all benefit or loose from it, as such it is us and we need to understand that these aren't our parents doing the "hard" things so we can have an easy life. Our entire country is broke, in debt for the foreseeable future 30-40-50 years, and much of it is due to this undertaking which has had zero benefit to us but major costs - the entire future was spent on this, millions died and will die as well. As such, we should know what and why and how, and who we have turned ourselves into debt ridden surfs for. This effort just gives us a greater sense of that, the politics are not important.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
there is a new thread wich popped up on ATS discussing something I feel could very well be related to what we've been discussing here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The news linked to is the following page

news.yahoo.com...

the snippet that caught my attention was the following bit

Ahmadinejad said Iran had "very precise information that the Americans have hatched a plot, according to which they to wage a psychological war against Iran."

A plot to wage psychological war.... Julian Assange is most definetely waging the most controversial psychological war ATM..

It still remains speculation but the "coincidences" keep pilling up on this Assange guy...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The "leaks" recently should be obvious to anyone.

I wouldn't say it is an evil agenda, it is simply a controlled leak to wikileks intended as a political ploy for the Obama administration, and for an overall antiwar agenda.

Recent high profile leaks are clearly intended to be anti-USA anti-war, and portray the former administration as war criminals.

I would bet you that the ultimate sources are within the current Obama administration. Impossible to prove, but I believe it to be true.

wikileaks and Assange could either be co-operating with an agenda, or a part of it. Hard to say for sure either way.

I know what wikileaks isn't and that could be dangerous to anyone who attempts to leak sensitive materials to them.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Recent high profile leaks are clearly intended to be anti-USA anti-war, and portray the former administration as war criminals.

I would bet you that the ultimate sources are within the current Obama administration. Impossible to prove, but I believe it to be true.

This is probably true, and if it's coming from within Obama's administration it fits their penchant for blaming George W. Bush for the ills of society.

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
wikileaks and Assange could either be co-operating with an agenda, or a part of it. Hard to say for sure either way.

I know what wikileaks isn't and that could be dangerous to anyone who attempts to leak sensitive materials to them.

In my opinion, of course.

Assange probably IS cooperating with global governments to protect his own skin.

This would explain why he's still free/alive and why the television networks portray him as just a secretive guy who's on a mission...They're NOT portraying him in the manner they would someone else doing what he's doing...No. Anyone else would be shown as an enemy combatant.

I still believe that wikileaks is a honeypot designed to snare would-be informants and leak sources. And because the media goes out of its way to tell us again and again that wikileaks is anonymous, etc, this only stengthens that argument.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by MarkusMaximus]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I still believe that wikileaks is a honeypot designed to snare would-be informants and leak sources. And because the media goes out of its way to tell us again and again that wikileaks is anonymous, etc, this only stengthens that argument.

Have you read my thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

?

Posted quite some time ago.

Everything else you said is pretty much spot on.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There are others out there who see it too

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Bonified Ween]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join