It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Julian Assange (Wikileaks) an agent of those with evil agendas?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
(Started to come up on another thread, but deserves to be discussed as a separate subject.)

This man, Julian Assange, is presented to us by the media as a man who is almost a cyber-age hero.

Oh sure, they deplore the fact that he "leaks" sensitive documents and "puts soldiers and US agents at risk." But that's where the media stops. They don't call for his capture or seizure of his operation.

Which got me thinking: If you or I received information like he has, and then leaked it to the world, including US enemies, they would kill us. We would totally disappear from the face of the earth.

But Julian Assange is able to do this with freedom. And he's able to have press conferences and make public appearances and give autographs.

And the fact that the mainstream media acknowledges him at all, complete with statements from the White House now...

It's becoming clear that he's not a man with a mission...He's a man with a commission from powerful people who pay him well, protect him, and use him as an agent of propaganda.

Never forget, the mainstream media in the United States is a federally approved operation and is an arm of propaganda.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by MarkusMaximus]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by MarkusMaximus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

*snip*

Someone has to ask the question (and I'm doing it): Why should we trust this guy who appears to have protection from the very people who would seek to kill him? And who has obtained information (and leaked it) which contains information damning to Iran.....

Maybe you, and others like you, are just ready to believe anything the mainstream media feeds you.

Good luck with that.

And don't attack me like that, thanks.

Mod Edie: removed quoted t and c violation.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I did find it very odd that at first the MSM in the US is being silenced to great lengths on the whole GOM oil spill and then they turn around and start publishing highly controversial, and classified documents... so the MSM couldn't get a few decent pics on the GOM but they are able to publish classified intel from the US army? something definetely reeks a bit weird.

Lets for the sake of discussion assume that this assange fella is a government controlled puppet... what would be the goal of these releases? what agenda is it forwarding? 1 fact we can derive from the released intel so far is that it shows the US covering up incidents worthy of headlines.

I get the feeling that, IF ths is a big scam, the intentions of the scammersare to plant seeds of distrust among allies or neutral country's to provoke them to pick a side? furthering an agenda of a new major war? Its being said that a major war is needed to get the US economy to climb out of this depression.

pure speculations on my part. The possibilities are endless..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Lets for the sake of discussion assume that this assange fella is a government controlled puppet... what would be the goal of these releases?

The 90,000 pages of docs released today has already been pointed at, by the mainstream media, to contain overwhelming evidence of Iranian involvement (supporting US enemies) in US wars.

Tell me that this won't be used as fuel for a war against Iran.

And if so, I have to assume that this guy Assange is either an agent of propaganda, or an unwitting tool OF propaganda leaks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

Nothing is coincidential these days. Keeping that in mind arent there WAY to many coincidences surrounding assange? Why can he get things done that NOBODY can... also the supossed wistleblower responsible for the surge of documents released is IMO simply to good to be true... Can you see this guy sitting behind his pc just chillin while he reads page upon page of classified documents? Guess only time will tell exactly who it is that this assange fella is providing services for... The party hit hardest by the intel yet to be released will most definetely not be the side assange is on.

I have not come to a conclusion on this guy but the details surounding his whole "setup" gives enough reason for a healthy dose of sceptisicm

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Time is short for me right now so I'll have to write this quite quickly unfortunately and in fact I’ll probably just make my point with this post and not post again here but if you can show me some real evidence that proves for a fact he's an 'agent' and or working with the government or whatever then I'll believe you.

For now though, I’m sticking with and believing in the guy who's giving us all the information we NEED to see.

..You know, this mentality kinda reminds me about why so many people think ATS is a conspiracy...I mean it seems that people so desperate to taint the name of the ones giving us the information we're desperately searching for.

Btw just to clarify, I'm not getting angry like the last poster or anything.

But I just don’t see a reason to disbelieve Assange yet...If people can prove me wrong then GREEAATT! That means 1 less believer in someone who lies and cheats but for now I believe in the one person giving us the information we’re looking for.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Assange was arrested and charged for hacking NASA computers. We can not rule out that he was turned at that time into a CIA asset. However, his actions and modus operandi do not look like someone who is working for the CIA. His leaks show that war is bad and that the US is terrible at doing it. The leaks are in no way justification for more war. If anything, the most damning thing IMO (and i'm surprised no MSM has picked up on this) is that it looks like the US is financing both sides of the war. I would say it's more likely that he has come to some kind of compromise with TPTB that he will leave out the most sensitive stuff in return for being left alone.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And I expect people to get angry, like that poster did...

The media has been taking some pains, for several months now, preparing us FOR this leak. Telling.

They've been creating an image of Assange, as a hard-to-track-down information hero....

And I can see why that's appealing, especially to people like us, here on this great forum.

But, it's always important to question how information is arriving on our doorsteps.

And this situation is...fishy.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Than answer me this...if everything he does is so damaging to those with "evil agendas", so much so that they "would seek to kill him", then how could he ever possibly be on their side? If you're on a team, do you do the worst possible thing you could for that team? Whether or not he some how has protection from "TPTB", he's position is clear...

[edit on 26/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Than answer me this...if everything he does is so damaging to those with "evil agendas", so much so that they "would seek to kill him", then how could he ever possibly be on their side? If you're on a team, do you do the worst possible thing you could for that team? Whether or not he some how has protection from "TPTB", he's position is clear...

[edit on 26/7/10 by CHA0S]

Tell me: How is releasing documents, like the most recent ones, which provide "evidence" that your perceived enemy (Iran) is acting against you and supporting your other enemies, "damning" to the USA?

In fact, that kind of "leak" is supportive of the USA's known wishes to have a legal "reason" to move against Iran, whom they say is building atomic weapons and seeks to use those against Israel...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

The intel provided might make for some decent evening reading compared to the garbage we receive normally but there are a few details to keep in mind.

-the intel is coming from the same places we at ATS recognize as government controlled puppets, what makes this news different?
-most of the time, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is...
-this assange fella is boldly going where no man has gone before.... how did he get there"?

People here at ATS are always whining about credentials and whatnot but when this guy shows up on stage and starts telling us EXACTLY what we wanna hear we all accept it as truth? what happened with the numerous critics?

Im not saying Julian Assagne is a fraud, I AM saying that even though it looks like he is doing some GREAT work we still need to keep on our thinking hats and scrutinize the WHOLE situation, not mindlesly dive in and goble up everything as truth..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

is he dead yet?
I rest my case...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Or have you been living on scraps so long you can't accept a big reward when it comes?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Glad someone else brought this up....His "leaked" docs seem to fit quite nicely with TPTB agenda. Surprising considering on one hand we know Pakistan is helping the Taliban, yet we continue to give them over $1 billion a year... Hmmmmm .... Something smells fishy.

Along with the fact that Iran will fit in nicely with helping the Taliban...

Well for all you naysayer's now you know why he became a Mainstream Media "Hero". He's just a bigger version of Colin Powell in my eyes - but instead of going to the UN - he just went more "underground".

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If the supposition that he is an agent is true, then the game would not be as apparent as one might think. Whatever group he works for in this scenario would be playing a kind of double-back psyops game. The purpose of such a game is to quiesce you enemies by appearing to collapse your upper command structure, then when they have been lulled, you strike with the backup command structure that wa making the decisions in the first place.

It would be interesting to watch this strategy playing out in real life. Not sure I have ever seen it outside of theory. Would seem to be overkill for something like the middle east, so if it is a plausible theory, there must be something larger at foot here.

Another point here... Given that Iran was already on the "hit list" when we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan (though not as officially as they are now), perhaps it is time to try to interpret the down the road game. Who are we "really" going after?

[edit on 7-26-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
Well for all you naysayer's now you know why he became a Mainstream Media "Hero". He's just a bigger version of Colin Powell in my eyes - but instead of going to the UN - he just went more "underground".

Exactly.

We went to the UN with "evidence" before, to attack Iraq.

However, since the days of 2002/2003, the growing sentiment in our culture is to suspect the government of wrongdoing and conspiracy.

If they went back to the UN and tried the old way, everyone here (and all like us) would say, "They're up to their same old crap."

But getting the information to us in this way, a "leak" through a guy that we've been programmed to like, will work.

As we can see on this thread, it's worked really well for lots of people.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by faceoff85

Or have you been living on scraps so long you can't accept a big reward when it comes?

So you dive into any random thread and accept the presented materials as true? (I hope not)
What is so different about what we're doing here? granted we're not debunking some random nobody posting whatever on ATS, but looking at the scope of what is released is it not wise to, at the very least, scrutinize this guy as well? just like Bonified weed pointed out, this could very well be furthering a US army agenda... Dont ask me wich agenda we're talking about though.. its simply to early to tell..

It is also to early to tell wether this assange fella is legit or a fraud... even the widespread media-coverage he received could have been for either cause presented..

[edit on 26/7/2010 by faceoff85]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
It is also to early to tell wether this assange fella is legit or a fraud... even the widespread media-coverage he received could have been for either cause presented..

And that's the point, right? Question the actions of those who could possibly be working against you.

It's suspicious that our propaganda media is rolling out the prepackaged coveraged of this event, complete with theme music and engineered graphics, etc. All designed to get a specific response out of you...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This whole ordeal seems to be dragging out as a 'good reason' why the president should be able to shut down the internet...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join