It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the moon look extremly bright to anyone else?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I can't even see the crators in the moon right now, i've called a couple of my friends and they also believe its extremly bright.

'
Erica1631
Farmers Almanac has a description of the full moon names. Scroll down to July to find the Thunder Moon. It is also called the Full Hay Moon.
www.farmersalmanac.com
'

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Yeah I noticed that too. It's really beautiful!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is the second time this year the moon was this bright. A couple months ago I said the same thing in my thread. The Moon is awesome!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh, WOW. It does look especially bright. Does anyone know what's causing that?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
yeah but i mean, i've never seen the moon this bright, and i've lived quite a long time., i've seen enough moons, i can barly look at this one.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Tonight 7/25 10.45pm
San Diego,Ca

The moon is very bright and full.

It's a beauiful thing to look at

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes I noticed last night here in Australia.
I went outside and had to to rub my eyes because I was amazed at how well-lit everything was. I could see my backyard like I had a bright light set on it.

I also couldn't see the craters on the moon it was so bright.

What causes this? Looked nice.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Toronto Ontario, 1:51 AM

Its so bright, I can't keep my eyes on it for very long.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
A lot of tweets about it too.
(from the last couple of minutes)

simplysuong‎: but it's the moon! i've never seen the moon this beautiful and bright at nearly two in the morning. wow, beauty everywhere

ZaqMoore‎: The moon is awful bright.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Yes, it has been absolutely incredible for the last two nights! It is called a thunder moon, as explained HERE

I took some pictures of it setting this morning. If you can believe it, it is even MORE amazing as it is setting. This was in Washington State this morning (about 5:00 am).

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I went outside to get something from the car and I noticed the same thing, it is extremely "BRIGHT"
I thought it was strange, and I can’t recall any other time it was this bright.
Nice to see there is others who has noticed it also.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

its so bright, on my camera it looks like i'm taking a picture of a straight up soccer feild pitch light.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

wow dude, is it just me, or does it look like the moons change rotation in those pictures?.... because where i am the man on the moon ant sideways like that... i can't see the crators right now its too ''dark!'' bright** ( lol now that was a brain fart )

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Err. DUH!

Of course it's bright. It's the MOON.

It's actually a reddish-tint where I am.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

I know this sounds wierd, and it really surprised me this morning, but try taking a picture of it with your flash on. I took several with it on manual (long shutter exposure), on automatic w/o a flash and on auto with a flash. To my great surprise, the one with the flash is the only one that showed detail....I think because it was SOOOO big and bright, my camera was able to focus on it. Very unusuall. I got up at 3:30 this morning and waited it out, to get my shots!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My eyes hurt now! It is really bright,. I could get pictures if you guys want to see it, or you can go look outside...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The moon is really bright, when I went out for a smoke, I wondered why everything was so light up, then I noticed the moon. Mississaugahere BTW. Quick question, how would I set up my camera for a nice picture to get good detail? I cant really set it up because its so bright. I have a canon G9

link   

Amazing Photos! Thanks for sharing. I love looking at the moon & have noticed that it has been really bright the last two nights. It seems like it was pretty bright last month as well. The skies have been a lot clearer here though in the last 2 or 3 months - more so than they have in years. I wonder if it is that combined with solar activity?? I may have to go back out with my binoculars in a min.

link   
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

You know, I have been struggling with that one. I have been thinking that it seems a bit 'rotated'....just not right. BUT I am not an avid moon watcher or astronomer, so I don't know anything about positioning or rotating. Probably perfectly normal...but you are not alone.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouCanCallMeKM
The moon is really bright, when I went out for a smoke, I wondered why everything was so light up, then I noticed the moon. Mississaugahere BTW. Quick question, how would I set up my camera for a nice picture to get good detail? I cant really set it up because its so bright. I have a canon G9

See my previous post. I have a digital Nikon D40, with a 300 telephoto lens and tri-pod.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by westcoast]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join