It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the moon look extremly bright to anyone else?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Could this be linked?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Please read back to my previous post and you will fully understand what is 'wrong' with the moon.

edit to add what I already posted about this:

It's not the harvest moon, as mentioned above, but rather the '
Thunder Moon'. It is brighter, so bright and with usual summer storms it lights up the thunderhead clouds, hence the name Thunder Moon. Someone above got it right, it is particles that make it appear brighter.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
man that is doomsday bright! "THUNDER" "kiss" "65" get it if you add they equal 11 get it

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
No matter what it 'adds up to' 11, 21, 666 it is still a normal yearly occurance. You are hypersensative to your surroundings because of ATS. Really.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

LoL! Look at this, god of "THUNDER" by "KISS" get it, at half past a monkeys glass get it

is that you in the photo

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Jeez I wish ATS wouldn't let 12 yr olds become members. This is not the place for namecalling dear, this is an adult posting site, part of 'deny ignorance' is to fully read the subject matter at hand (read at least some of the thread) before commenting.

And FYI ( that is short for 'for your information) myself and many many other members are on ATS while at work, something you will do when you are older. From our jobs, we cannot view youtube videos.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Yes, it has been absolutely incredible for the last two nights! It is called a thunder moon, as explained HERE

I took some pictures of it setting this morning. If you can believe it, it is even MORE amazing as it is setting. This was in Washington State this morning (about 5:00 am).

Are thos pictures of the moon reversed?
Cause this is how the moon should look like.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

The part of the moon that looks the smoothest must be on the right, yours is let. The moon doenst turn so,.. strange...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82
The part of the moon that looks the smoothest must be on the right, yours is let. The moon doenst turn so,.. strange...

Perhaps he is on the bottom half of the globe.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by MrOrange82

Perhaps he is on the bottom half of the globe.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Copernicus]

Your right didnt think of that. But where is that picture taken?
And if that's a fact. People around the world should see 4 types of moon.
Your name should be Confucius , cause thats what you have done to me now.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Could someone explain to me in greater detail why this "thunder moon" thing would make the moon brighter? It sounds like that's just a name for the July Full Moon, simply because it is associated with an increase in thunderstorms due solely to the time of year. Calling it the "Thunder Moon" is roughly equivalent to calling it "The Full Moon in July" -- it's a way of marking the passage of time by the moon, not of distinguishing the moon from other moons. I cannot find any evidence that the moon is brighter in particular every July, especially considering that the three threads linked to on similar topics are, working backwards:

February 2010
March 2008
September 2007

The idea that an increase in Thunder Storms in the northern hemisphere would make the moon brighter worldwide -- I believe a poster on the first page claimed to be from Australia -- makes no sense to me; here in Colorado, where the moon did indeed appear brighter last night, we have not had any storms for two or three days. How would the thunderousness in previous days increase the light of the moon tonight?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Moon looks extra bright tonight? It's when Mars or Jupiter suddenly brightens as well that you really need to start worrying!

Inconstant Moon

Well, it could happen .......

As for photographing the Moon, you really need to use a fairly fast shutter speed to get good results. This was taken in Dec 2008, using ISO200, 1/640 sec and F5.6:-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/110ad3dc34c7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This is the second time this year the moon was this bright. A couple months ago I said the same thing in my thread. The Moon is awesome!

I remember that. I recall coming outside and seeing how full and bright it was. It reminded of that scene in Bruce Almighty where Jim Carry pulls the moon closer.

But yeah, I remember that night. It really surprised me how full and bright it was.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Would atmospheric conditions affect the brightness of the moon? Not trying to alarm anyone but I wonder if solar flares would deplete the upper layer of the atmosphere. Which would (could)(maybe) make the moon appear brighter. Or maybe a reduction in pollution?

I've also noticed the sun has been very bright lately also.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentSmith

It does seem people have terrible memories. It seems just about every full moon someone remarks on how it looks odd or extra bright or something. It's like they don't notice it's like that every 29 days.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

Nope, the picture isn't reversed. I took it at 5:00 am, as it was setting on the Western horizon of the Coast of Washington State.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Could it also be a perigee full moon?

When a full moon occurs at the same time as the perigee in the Moon's orbit around the Earth, it can make for a pretty spectacular full moon.

I would certainly hope that it's not because of an "Incconstant Moon" scenario, then we'd all be in trouble.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Junkheap]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Moon has been beautiful and last night I experienced a true Thunder moon. We had company over and had a guest who plays guitar...we all stepped outside and pulled chairs around to listen to some blues....the moon was lit behind the deep heavy clouds and we could only see it now and then as its light would burst forth from the clouds, often making funny images in the process (like faces). It thundered the whole 2hours we were outside and now and then would come heat lightening that lit up the whole sky. No rain....but lots of electricity going on in the heat of the sky I guess. You could feel the electric charge through the air I swear, a couple of the people commented on this, that it was like they could 'feel' the storm in the air by the electricity around them.

Tonight, it will be totally full....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
[Central FL, USA. Saw it at 12:23 a.m. EST.]

That was pretty awesome.

[Post reply, 11:56 a.m. EST]

Last night, while I was washing the dishes I looked out the window in front me, I thought the neighbors had their back porch lights on but it was the moon. I could see everything clearly in my backyard even though my lights inside the house were on.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SwissPort905v2
I can't even see the crators in the moon right now, i've called a couple of my friends and they also believe its extremly bright.

'
Erica1631
Farmers Almanac has a description of the full moon names. Scroll down to July to find the Thunder Moon. It is also called the Full Hay Moon.
www.farmersalmanac.com
'

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SwissPort905v2]

You say the Moon is bright yet you say you can't see the craters? Is that a typo or are you saying it's so bright--- it's hard to look at it?

But assuming it's not a typo maybe this is the answer; when the Moon is lower in our skies, it's easier to see the craters. Right now I believe it is high in its orbit thus, too far away to see its details.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I just read that another name for this moon is 'Hay Moon' and this is ironic for one of my guest last night said they had to get up early and load up all their Hay. Mabey the moon light would of helped people at night when the farmers wanted to use the moon light to load their Hay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join