It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman fatally stabbed in Blackpool hospital car park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The victim, who was parked in a staff car park at the Blackpool Victoria Hospital, was attacked as she walked to her car shortly before 2030 BST. She died despite being taken to the accident and emergency department. Police are keen to trace a white man in his thirties seen in the area at the time who possibly arrived on a bicycle prior to the incide

Officers believe the woman may have known her attacker.

Det Supt Ian Critchley, who is leading the investigation, said: "We have launched a murder investigation following this incident and I would appeal for anyone with any information to get in touch with us as a matter of urgency.

"I would particularly appeal to anyone who may have seen anybody matching the description to contact us."

The Blackpool Victoria is one of the biggest hospitals in the North West of England.

It has 767 beds and employs more than 3,000 members of staff who treat almost 300,000 people a year.

All those doctors and staff and they still could not save her..

what a tragedy..

source

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It is an outrage. Why ?

Anyway...

You can not blame hospital staff. Her attacker could have been a trained in combat and easily be able to slice an artery that will only need minutes to leak enough blood on the streets you would die before getting inside the emergency room all together.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

o.k. i'll buy that..

it is still a tragedy that it happened right in their parking lot.

i don't wanna die in a hospital parking lot..do you?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You don't need to be trained in combat to slice an artery, or inflict a mortal wound. So many critical areas of the body that are susceptible to fatal wounds. Arteries are easy to cut, the legs especially.

Anything could have happened to her. Severed artery, punctured lungs, punctured organs, heart, etc.

Some people just don't understand that sometimes a life cannot be saved, no matter what. Even if the victim is "just outside the hospital", in some cases, time does not matter.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Preferably on an old age with a beautiful secretary. That either works for me or I can rent to play the part.

A hospital parking is the last place. You would think that you could not be at a saver spot.

Unfortunately.

Why are people like that ? What is the point ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You're right.

For all we know it was a robbery and he merely bumped in to her.
It can be that simple.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
and the SoB rode off on a bicycle..

yea..in my own home ..

at an old age..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

o.k. i'll buy that..

it is still a tragedy that it happened right in their parking lot.

i don't wanna die in a hospital parking lot..do you?

When I die, I want to die like my granddad, peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

top topics

join