It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if God is everything .....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What if God is everything ..... and everything is God .....?

That sure would be an ultimate punk out not only for atheists, but for the Religious as well.

Please do expand on this w/ your opinion

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Depends on your definition of 'God' I guess.

Personally I don't believe in a 'God' per se. However, I believe in an 'everything' of which we are a part.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Personally I don't believe in a 'God' per se. However, I believe in an 'everything' of which we are a part.

Well thats the point. "everything" is rather obvious ...so what if this Obviousness ...this everything-ness is intelligent and is God?

Does that change anything for you?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If God is everything then the Devil must be the vast nothingness that surrounds the everything. It's all just a pointless cosmic battle to see who can fill the most space.

And,

That,

Is,

My,

Honest,

Opinion,

Yeah...

Ok.

Right.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Well thats the point. "everything" is rather obvious ...so what if this Obviousness ...this everything-ness is intelligent and is God?

Does that change anything for you?

It would depend on if this conscious "everything" can interact in some meaningful way with the conscious beings within it. Perhaps through Jung's so-called "collective unconscious".

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Hi!

Everything (in my limited) belief is just that.

Every possibility exsists but more realistically, including the rare probability of we (and life) being. Most of the universe is boring and bland - the earth and we (as individuals are certainly not).

But I still don't believe in an all seeing creator - I think the universe (or multiverse) contains eveything concurrently.

Just a matter of probabilities - and just my viewpoint.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The concept of "god" get all caught up in semantics. What/who is it?

The Unified Field Theory or the Theory of Everything is what I have always thought, we're just giving it a name: God.

Or the Great Universal Soul. After all, the universe seems to have an intelligence to it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If you are are up on things the scientist call it entanglement, everything is connected.
This universe evolved because The Creator, The One, said make it so.
The universe is all made of same thing, it is very complex but we are all one.
There is no what if? align self with that which IS, not that which if.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Which in simple terms are;

GUT - General Unified theory or
TOE - Theory of everything....

Peace!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Wave

Hi!

Everything (in my limited) belief is just that.

Every possibility exsists but more realistically, including the rare probability of we (and life) being. Most of the universe is boring and bland - the earth and we (as individuals are certainly not).

But I still don't believe in an all seeing creator - I think the universe (or multiverse) contains eveything concurrently.

Just a matter of probabilities - and just my viewpoint.

Peace!
But it's not concurrent, it is forever changing, but all is illusion, and you don't get it, everything is God, you are God.
One of the real questions would be the reason, the why of all of this, think about it. Don't die laughing it will kill you.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Everything is divided into two divisions.

One is called evil and the other is called good.

Good can not be evil and evil can not be good.

These two divisions cover everything that is.

There is nothing else.

God is good and in my opinion is the greater of the two forces.

It is black and white. There is no middle ground or gray.

I can not prove this to you but you will one day know the truth.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Hi

Appreciate your response.

Given that I'm 60 and am suffering from throat cancer - I'll try not to laugh too hard!

Peace!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Wave]

[edit on 25-7-2010 by The Wave]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
If God is everything then the Devil must be the vast nothingness that surrounds the everything. It's all just a pointless cosmic battle to see who can fill the most space.
Right.
The Devil just works for Creator, all he does is reinforce th Truth, don't give such a bad rap, free will is given what is done with it is choice.

Not even the nothing existed, before the Creator.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm going to just say I think The Beatles got it just right:

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Everything is divided into two divisions. One is called evil and the other is called good. Good can not be evil and evil can not be good. These two divisions cover everything that is. There is nothing else.

Thats preposterous!!!! Divisions are relative and all based on perspectives. From the lens of a microscope .....all we see is atoms and cant distinguish between labels of divisions ....... or better yet identical strings is all there is according to string theory ...so which atom/string is good and which one bad?

Things that I used to think were bad, that happened to me, in retrospect now I look back and see were good cause they cause me to evolve spiritually, intellectually, physically, etc

I dont buy divisions ...thats just one perspective amongst infinite perspectives i.e. from that of an aunt, of a bird, of a blind man, of a retarded child, of space cricket, of the sun, etc etc ...all relative.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Everything is divided into two divisions.

One is called evil and the other is called good.

Good can not be evil and evil can not be good.

These two divisions cover everything that is.

There is nothing else.

God is good and in my opinion is the greater of the two forces.

It is black and white. There is no middle ground or gray.

I can not prove this to you but you will one day know the truth.

There are ultimate Truthes.
This Ultimate Truth only exist in the presentation of this reality, these Truthes would be part of structure of this reality.
Going beyond this reality, to the real ulitamate Truth none of this matters and there is only the One.
Your visions of reality comes from, the dualality, mutiplticity, not the True Singlularity.
In dealing with this existance the Truth, is Strength, Knowledge and Power, but then you are dealing with stucture, once beyond this, nothing much matters, it simply is the One.
This that you experience is the One becoming Many, beyond the exsistance of time, all thing have already occurred, every possibilily has taken place, the Univese is like fluid, with the Muiltiverse over lapping yet not visible, the ulitimate Truth is before you the choice is yours.
There is reason for all things, The Nothing is very boring place, this is the Gross Physical, Cause and Effect, this is where it all crunches together, the balance of Yin and Yang.

Rama exhale Rama Inhale

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

If God is everything then the Devil must be the vast
nothingness that surrounds the everything.

If God is everything, and the Devil exists, why would the Devil be any less God than everything else?

reply to post by NewlyAwakened

It would depend on if this conscious "everything" can interact
in some meaningful way with the conscious beings within it.

Do you interact in some meaningful way with the cells that compose your body?

reply to post by googolplex

align self with that which IS, not that which if.

But if God is everything, how can you possibly align yourself with anything that isn't God? What is there to align one's self with other than that which is?

What if God is everything ..... and everything is God .....?

Yes. What if God is everything?

What are the implications?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I got to the first post in this "discussion", and what if?
I would go deeper much deeper I'm sure.
But in the OP I was asked not to expand with my opinion.
Then why was the question asked if you will not hear the possibilities?
I do not think the "God" thing can be explained inside of a box.
Hope that helps.
7th line.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Then all the world is a stage...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
GOD is everything. He permeates the smallest particle. The whole Cosmos passes through his body and yet this is a small fraction of his/her total being. So dear reader, what then are you? What am I? Every human, every plant, every animal, every Planet, every star and all extra-terrestrial life is GOD. In capital letters, GOD. Not a god described in a book, nor the subject of worship and sacrifice, THE PRIME CREATOR. The Cosmic Beloved, who created this game that we are playing as actors upon a cosmic stage. "For all the multiverse is but a stage". This is the highest realization...that YOU my dear reader are GOD. And so am I and so is everything within and outside our present reality. NAMASTE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join