It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old South African Civlization! color me amazed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by fixer1967

There is considerable evidence for a Roman-like Empire 10,000 years ago, or several of them, which lived along the coasts of the world and were killed off in flooding. Read up on it. Many claim alien visitors. But as always, why would aliens do that? Why not just give them good technology all together.

yup, the sumerians was that race and they had an empire for a long time before the global flood took them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
S&F, just took a quick look at the link and it's all very interesting - once I get home I'll finish reading it all.

A question I have though (sorry if it's been asked already) is how can one scientist carbon date something, and another scientist do the same, and they get different results, and in this case each time the dating got older each time?

I know I didn't finish reading the article, I'm guessing putting some of the pieces back together helped them understand this civilization more - I would just love for a number to be given out that is definitely accurate within a couple thousands years.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Great find...one of the more 'acceptable' theories of the human races' origins.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

Carbon dating works on the half life of the carbon 14 isotope. Isotopes of elements lose half their weight over a set period of time, allowing pretty accurate measurement of time. However, there is still a degree of error allowed. The degree of error is smaller for isotopes such as carbon 14 than isotopes of uranium etc, which have much bigger half lifes (measuring in the millions of years) and therefore larger margins of error.

Back to the OP and discussion - in evolutionary terms, this is completely to be expected. There is the margin of error from the dating, as well as the fact that a sudden change, such as better opposable thumbs and a larger brain would spread their advantages rapidly.

An earlier poster mentioned the leaps forward at certain intervals. These would happen as population numbers reached critical masses, and spread, or reached certain stages of development. This would have started, and been lost, and started again, until we reached a specific level of development and population spread/numbers. Clearly we have done this and lost it - for various reasons. The Pyramids (in Egypt and elsewhere) prove this, as do flood myths.

However, this is certainly not an out of place artifact or any other such nonsense. This is simply evidence of the non-linear path of the evolution of human civilisation.

Peace/Love/Unity

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I didn't ask who Migrated to Australia I asked when.
Also where did you get that Australians first landed in the Americas? That isn't supported by any Genetic Record or evidence. There is However evidence of Both northern Chinese, and Germanic DNA, in American Indigenous peoples.

So if I've missed this Aboriginal connection please link me what you have. Not to mention the vast ship building ability that the Aboriginal's must have had to accomplish this.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

I agree wholly I've been hearing about this Mysterious Civilization for months now and..... yep Nothing, no National Geographic spot, no National Archeological Society statement on it. Soo as far as we know right now, it's crap. Shown me ground level photos and a respectable Institution to even vaguely mention it. Then I'll pay more attention and maybe get a bit excited.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
No surprise really the cradle of our own civilisation (in theoryModifications etc etc) You should check out the sea floor off the west coast of Africa........The Islands have roads (all be it under the ocean Ice Age Sea Levels, Temperate Zones) between them and alot of structures not far from the Atlantic Plates all heading towards Africa. Could be Atlantis or part of it has always been here right under our noses.

p.s edit S+F

[edit on 26-7-2010 by DreamerOracle]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

160,000 to 200,000 BCE blows the hell out of the Christian Mythology about the world being 6k years old huh?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
A question I have though (sorry if it's been asked already) is how can one scientist carbon date something, and another scientist do the same, and they get different results, and in this case each time the dating got older each time?

If they're dating the same object, different labs give different results. So they look for a cluster of results ("about 25,000 years") and go for that. They also double check with other methods like dating sediment, soil perturbation. Graves will also yield evidence, since the ancients buried loved ones within the house or beside the house.

Oh... and some of the "scientists" in these articles don't exist or are not archaeologists/paleontologists and haven't worked in the field. I've seen chemists try to date fossils and get some very stupid and bad dates.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Am i the only one here who thinks the dating system here is sketchy? I am also not a believer in carbon dating. A local cave where I am from has lots of stone growth that science dated to millions of years old from samples, but guess what? The formations flow over a concrete wall built in the seventies. We as a people place too much faith in a flawed science. I remain skeptical of this announcement. And the website looks really sketchy to me.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by kadyr80]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80
Am i the only one here who thinks the dating system here is sketchy? I am also not a believer in carbon dating. A local cave where I am from has lots of stone growth that science dated to millions of years old from samples, but guess what? The formations flow over a concrete wall built in the seventies. We as a people place too much faith in a flawed science. I remain skeptical of this announcement. And the website looks really sketchy to me.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by kadyr80]

not at all we are skeptical of this dating method

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Seems to me, I read a few articles, that concluded (using mitochondrial DNA), that the "human race", was ALMOST "wiped-out", about 10,000 years ago. SOMETHING, killed-off ALMOST all of us, leaving only about 10,000 living humans.
Off hand, I can think of several causes. AGW is NOT one of them!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlawfullPriest

The Americas had been colonized several times before Columbus. The German dna would be the two times people came from Europe before Columbus, and th Chinese DNA would obviously be either a crashed ship or those who came across by ship. However, the oldest known visitation to the Americas was from Australia.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Also, several times Greeks Romans and Egyptians reached the Americas and left their remains, thus explaining pyramids in the Americas:

www.andrewcollins.com...
www.pnas.org...
paranormal.about.com...

Please bare in mind I've had difficulties locating legit sources. So I have no idea how credible some of this stuff is. Have fun researching though.

reply to post by NoHierarchy

Ah! But what of the crow brain, which has no neocortex. Brains can be rewritten. What does what in one species can be different for another.

www.ebirdseed.com...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I realise it's a touchy subject with some people around here, so if the word 'Annunaki' offends or irritates any of you reading, i suggest you read another post and ignore my comments. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything, only connecting the dots as i see them, and generally speculating.

Hi Jazz,

What do you reckon?

The Timeframe fits..the fact that modern humans have long been thought to have come out of the African continent..the huge area this civilization built on and cultivated, said to be 10,000 square miles, with this settlement a part of it of approx 1500 square miles...the "thousands of gold mines" everywhere this settlement is found ties in with the Annunaki 'upgrading' the population so they could mine gold for them...all from more or less 200,000 years ago.

This activity doesn't appear to be confined to the African continent..similar aged civilizations have been reported in central America, and in Europe..i suspect this was a worldwide cultural 'uplifting' of primitive humanity in order to support the Annunaki mining effort.

This isn't mainstream of course, if it were we'd already know the truth of our real history and wouldn't be speculating with tidbits of historical evidence to go on. If it were known though, we would also know the facts surrounding ET visitations hundreds of millenia ago that spawned our accelerated development as a species.

It's all gut speculation...undoubtedly there is massive chunks of information missing, deliberately so i feel. But the evidence is coming to light slowly but surely...but to my mind this find reinforces the Annunaki legends very strongly.

[edit on 26/7/2010 by spikey]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotgal

Whatever the cause, natural or artificial, and if there was a mass extinction of humanity, it does point to being the origins of the Adam and Eve myth.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotgal

~70,000 years ago - caused by the Toba supervolcano although some doubts have been raised over this.

Nothing at all of any significance happened ~10,000 years ago.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the Abzu (the one sitchin refers to) wasn't a south african mine. It was an abyss, a GATED bottomless pit, on the bottom of the persian gulf. not in a mine in africa. there's not a lost city of Enki, specifically, there's lots of buried and lost cities of the anunnaki, all over the world, but no specific lost city of Enki called the Abzu. Abzu is a gated tunnel passage, associated with water because it's on the sea floor. it goes to another place, not on Earth or under it but somewhere in the Field Constellation.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by undo]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hic sunt dracones
Its about time all the ancient human history should be "torn up" and rewritten, lets start from scratch again with what we know now...
All the evidence does not fit the history anymore

It never was my friend, everything was designed by mass system of individual and spread through out the world (over decades) for you and I to adopt through educational "institutes". Where THEY program our thoughts and so we mulishly accept and stroke our ego as we consider ourselves "educated", yet we NEVER learned HOW to THINK for ourselves.

Think about out our entire life is based on... remember so called "facts" through these institutes, then repeat them to get marked on. Then we get jobs based on how good we can repeat these informations. Almost very, very few jobs allows and supports freedom of genuine thinking. Everything is based on a previous thought and so on...

This was NO accident, it was designed to keep us in dark so that we follow order and be obedient to the system. We are now slowly learning to think for ourselves, but masses are still sleep or are hardwired NOT to think for themselves based on their decades of practicing/reinforcing the "parrot mind".

Think for yourself... and you'll break free of the chain put forth.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

the guy reporting this adams calendar thing, really bugs me. sitchin wrote a fictional book called the lost book of enki, and people actually think it's real history. it was a fictional account, he made it up, so that he could freely inject whatever theories he had that may not have been provable the normal way - via text translation or artifacts. now it's being passed around the alternative community as if it is real data written by the sumerians.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I don't know much about this guy being legit or not... my reply was more based on how so much dissinfo is out there and how THEY use it to keep us in a little box.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join