It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old South African Civlization! color me amazed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

that's what i mean! first he published the Earth Chronicles, in which he uses actual history and artifacts to generate his theories, many of which are pretty spectacular! he made many awesome points and discoveries.

then for theories that he had no actual data for, he took his unprovable theories and ideas that had no texts or artifacts to support them, and put them into a fictional book that's being treated as if it were as well supported as his Earth Chronicles, which it is not!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
egads, i'm listening to the interview on redice. he just said the date of 200,000 years ago was substantiated by psychics.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
egads, i'm listening to the interview on redice. he just said the date of 200,000 years ago was substantiated by psychics.

Well that proves it. Especially if they were chanelling Ox'Gthym B'th the ancient Lord of the Fluffy Pink Bunnies who run the fast food concessions on the Moon, who never, ever, lies.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I didn't read the whole thread so maybe someone already said this. But, come on, these are relatively modern (definitely not 200,00 or even 50,000 (probably not even 500-1000 years old) livestock enclosures. This has been discussed on ATS before, I think.

edit to add:
cnx.org...

not necessarily the same exact place but same kind of buildings (which are found all over there) and in no way "ancient."

edit II: deltaalpha november sums it up nicely with these links in the old thread www.abovetopsecret.com... :
www.agri-land.co.za...

His quote:
"I have actually seen many of these from the ground (I live in Johannesburg and go camping/fishing a lot on the area) ... it was always explained to me that these were cattle kraals (corrals).
They were definitely used as kraals later on by nomadic tribes, but it never made sense to me why nomadic tribes would go to so much trouble.

Their usual method of making kraals (predator proof) was to cut down thorn trees and stack them tightly. Believe me, they make a great predator barrier.
Here is a link to what I am talking about:
lionguardians.wildlifedirect.org...

Here is an image of a stone kraal:
www.agri-land.co.za... "

Man, try a search now and again.

edit III:
AND... www.iol.co.za...

Some excerpts:
"'These guys are talking nonsense'"
"Despite renowned academics' view that the stone structure is not what Heine and Tellinger claim it to be, the two explorers are determined to show the world that architecture began in South Africa.
"
"Amanda Esterhuysen, a Wits University academic from the geography, archaeology and environmental sciences department, isn't that convinced, however.

"These guys are talking nonsense. We are doing extensive research in Mpumalanga and these sites are fairly well known.

"While we don't dispute that structures like this are man-made, there is no way it is 75 000 years old. The type of science they use to date these sites is highly questionable," she added.
"
and most damning from that article:
"Tours will be conducted to Adam's Calendar, starting next month. If you would like to see the site, email [email protected] or [email protected]. Adam's Calendar is available for R250"

Carry on.

[edit on 26/7/10 by 35Foxtrot]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Yes, but when did we ever let silly things like facts get in the way of a good conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
No carbon dating, just using an astrological alignment to date the ruins stinks of hoax. In a city that supported hundreds of thousands of people there would be biological evidence available for carbon dating. But that would totally crush their ability to ripoff the public.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

well, if they mean when a certain constellation was known to be in a certain place in the sky, in a certain part of time, then it could feasibly work as a clock, like the precession of the equinoxes is used by astronomers (not astrologers) to determine the change of the pole star over millenia.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
People around the world have been down on "black" Africa. They were savages who weren't smart enough to build complex civilizations like the Romans, Greeks, Fertile Crescent, Indians, Chinese, etc.

I think that, if this is proved substantial and correctly dated, we have to reinterpret the fact that sub-Saharan Africans were (logically per human migration) the first to reach complex civilization (i.e., city-dwelling).

Perhaps the evolutionary bottle neck that was caused by a cataclism is what did them in.

Or, perhaps they learned that civilization is unsustainable and inevitably collapses.

There is already proof of agriculture deep in the jungles of Central Africa. Is it possible that pre-Stone Age there existed an earlier enlightenment that eventually was undone by disaster and those that came out of it were unable to go back to that style of culture - either out of environmental limitations or perhaps a deep-seeded taboo against such practices after the fall.

If they find writing systems on/in any of those ruins I would be highly interested.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by NoHierarchy

Ah! But what of the crow brain, which has no neocortex. Brains can be rewritten. What does what in one species can be different for another.

www.ebirdseed.com...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gorman91]

I thought you might bring that up.

Certainly a brain to body size ratio has something to do with intelligence. And certainly a large neocortex is not the ONLY factor in intelligence. However, the brain to body size ratio combined with a large neocortex seems to be what gives great apes and humans our superior intellect. The PDF study linked in your article states that the brain to body size ratio of a crow is similar to a chimpanzee. I assume freeing up brain power from physical regulations of the body towards higher reasoning is the best explanation. I think though, there comes a physical limit to brain size in relation to body size and that is where the neocortex comes in to carry us the extra distance to our superior intellect.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nice Photo's. good Article. It does seem like they could have possibly been cattle corrals? But in Africa? And it spanned over 1500 square miles. Wow. Big area.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Well actually... Wikipedia has been shown to be comparably (if not more) accurate than the Encyclopedia Brittanica.
news.cnet.com...

That link doesn't support your statement at all. It says at best, wikipedia has 32.2% more errors per article.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by Patriotgal

~70,000 years ago - caused by the Toba supervolcano although some doubts have been raised over this.

Nothing at all of any significance happened ~10,000 years ago.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Essan]

Just a foot note:

The last "extinction" was the pleistocene... known as the last great ice age (roughly around the period where the movie "Ice Age" takes pleace), around 40k years ago, also known as the "extinction of the big furry stuff on earth" (before the transition to our holocene)... but that was also "helped" by humans. Theres a theory somewhere about pre-historic overkill (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no paleontology expert, I graduated in archaeology and history but my focus is religion - not "theology" and medieval history so I have some degree of knowledge but nowhere near a "true" paleontologist or anthropologist - I freaking hate anything before meso
so maybe someone around here can correct me and explain better).

Now on the thread itself... well its interesting of course, but since this has to do, more or less with my academic degree and knowing a bit about this, I find it rather suspicious. Of course I cant rule it out, mainly because I'm not even from south africa so I can just "go there and check it out" but something doesnt feel right.

Proper dating and analysis of artifacts is needed. I didnt see any artifact actually being mentioned and being subject of a proper study... ok, I gotta take it easy, its 200.000 years never the less, but still... I have this voice in my head that the guy must have read the Terra Papers A LOT...

But like I said I cant rule it out... nice thread anyway.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

no, that wouldn't be the terra papers, it'd be the earth chronicles and the lost book of enki.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain

It never was my friend, everything was designed by mass system of individual and spread through out the world (over decades) for you and I to adopt through educational "institutes". Where THEY program our thoughts and so we mulishly accept and stroke our ego as we consider ourselves "educated", yet we NEVER learned HOW to THINK for ourselves.

I agree, to an extent. I was encouraged to think for myself from earlly secondary school onwards. But generally, it is the learning and reciting of facts and process, building a base for further learning.

Come university though, depending on what you study, we are encouraged to think, question, research and not blindly accept what we are told.
What country are you in, maybe it would give some context to your experience.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

no, that wouldn't be the terra papers, it'd be the earth chronicles and the lost book of enki.

Myself, as an historian and archaeologist, have to put the terra papers, earth chronicles and the lost book of enki in the same shelf: the shelf of pseudoscience.

Sitchin has no real history background or scientific knowledge to back up his science fiction books and his translations of the Sumerian ancient texts are... well... lets just call it "too imaginative" to say the least (not to say completely deviate).

He sees and interprets stuff in his best interest - which is, in my point of view - writing what people want to hear, thus selling books.

Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against science fiction... as long as its not presented as history backed by ancient mistranslated texts.

Its not a novel, its not history, its not religion and its not science. Its a gray area of all of those mixed into a melting pot of far fetched theories that happen to be pleasant to think it could be true...

But to all those to avidly consume page after page of his books well... you can check the sumerian lexicon and check by yourselves that "its really not a rocket"... and even if it was a rocket, that itself is kinda weird if you think about it cause... (entering sci-fi area) even startrek has a warp drive powered by matter/anti-matter reaction... I mean, we have rockets thanks and thousands of years later, now with the "same technology as the GODS" we still cant go to mars. Why would GODS travel in such "primitive" technology...? They wouldnt go pass their own backyard... (pretty much like us)

Hes as incoherent as hes imaginative (altho he could have remembered, -cough- I mean TRANSLATED -cough- a warp drive instead of a rocket)... too bad both qualities end up colliding and destroying each other.

As science his work is nonsense. Makes a nice reading tho... I'll stick with Asimov in the sci-fi area.

EDIT: brackets dont work lol

[edit on 26-7-2010 by FraternitasSaturni]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Very much so perhaps. It is still interesting, considering that crows are smarter than chimps. Kind of makes me wonder about their future. Remember, we had to get small so that our brains would grow big with us when we evolved.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Very much so perhaps. It is still interesting, considering that crows are smarter than chimps. Kind of makes me wonder about their future. Remember, we had to get small so that our brains would grow big with us when we evolved.

Yes... well... so did they. They prolly were some weird velociraptor - so.. they got smaller and brighter also!
Thank evolution for that... kentucky fried velociraptor wouldnt cut it also. All birds got smaller and brighter...

And right now I'm thinking about evil super intelligent ahmm... midgets! Weird...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
FOR ALL ATS forum members who hold doubt in their mind to what the truth of our human races origins and the many civilizations that we had before this one I offer you all a story so that you will KNOW. Because as the Angelic Race would say Believing is not enough because only knowledge is perfect.

I will forever continue to beat the drum of Thiaoouba ( Abduction to the 9th Planet) on this forum so that all ATS board members will one day hear it's truth. This civilization is perfect evidence to prove the book holds the truth as it also explains the two lost continets of The Atlantis, Lumeria, only two pieces of those civilizations remain. Canary Islands and Easter Island. As to the OP this 200,000 year old civilization is the separatist new race 1/2 black 1/2 yellows that moved away from the pures that never mixed for for hundreds of thousands of years back on their home planet until they came to Earth.

"You have been chosen by us, in order to report certain messages and to offer enlightenment on several important issues to your fellow man. The time has come when certain events must occur. After several thousand years of darkness and savagery on the planet Earth, a so-called civilization appeared and, inevitably, technology was developed - a development, which was accelerated during the last 150 years.

It has been 14,500 years since a comparable level of technological advance existed on Earth. This technology, which is nothing compared with true knowledge, is nevertheless, sufficiently advanced to become harmful to the human race on Earth in the very near future. Harmful, because it is only material knowledge and not spiritual knowledge.

1,350,000 years ago precisely, on the planet Bakaratini of the constellation Centaur, a decision was made by the leaders of that planet, following numerous conferences and reconnaissance expeditions, to send inhabited vessels to the planets Mars and Earth.

There was a very simple reason for this: their planet was cooling down internally and would become uninhabitable within 500 years. They thought, with good reason, that it was preferable to evacuate their people to a younger planet of the same category...

These people, I must tell you that these beings were human - very intelligent and highly evolved. A black race, they had thick lips, flattened noses and frizzy hair - resembling, in these ways, the blacks now living on Earth.
These people had inhabited the planet Bakaratini for 8,000,000 years, in co-habitation with a yellow-colored race.

To be precise, this was what you call on Earth, the Chinese race and they had inhabited Bakaratini for about 400 years prior to the blacks. The two races witnessed numerous revolutions during their time on the planet. We tried to provide relief, assistance and guidance but, in spite of our intervention, wars broke out periodically. These, along with the natural disasters occurring on the planet, served to thin the ranks in both races.

Finally, a nuclear war broke out on such a grand scale that the entire planet was plunged into darkness and temperatures fell to minus 40 of your degrees Celsius. Not only did atomic radiation destroy the population, but cold and lack of food accomplished the rest.

It is a recorded fact that a mere 150 black people and 85 yellow people survived the catastrophe, from a population of seven billion black and four billion yellow humans. A register of survivors was taken just before they began to reproduce and when they had stopped killing each other.

Let me explain the whole situation to you and youll be able to understand better.

First of all, it is important to explain that those who remained were not, as you might expect, the leaders, well protected in specially equipped shelters.

The survivors, comprising three groups of blacks and five groups of yellows, had come, some from private shelters and others from large public shelters. Of course, at the time of the war, there were many more than 235 people in shelters: indeed it is believed there were over 800 000 in all. Following months of confinement in the darkness and intense cold, they were eventually able to risk going outside.

The blacks ventured out first, finding almost no trees, no plants and no animals to speak of, on their continent. It was a group, isolated from their shelter in the mountains, who first knew cannibalism. Because of the lack of food, when the weakest died, they were eaten; then, in order to eat, they had to kill each other - and that was the worst catastrophe on their planet.

Another group, near the ocean, managed to survive by eating the only living things left on the planet, which were not too contaminated, that is, the molluscs, some fish and crustaceans. They still had unpolluted drinking water thanks to very ingenious installations enabling them to obtain water from incredible depths.

Of course, many of these people still died, as a result of lethal radiation on the planet and from eating fish which were filled with radioactivity.

Much the same course of events occurred in the yellows territory; so that, as I have said, 150 blacks and 85 yellows remained, then finally, deaths resulting from the war ceased and reproduction began again." The 7 Thoari, Leaders of the Angelic Race, From the Planet Thiaoouba from Michel Desmarquets book The Thiaoouba Prophecy.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Howdy TP

Ah well

Three questions:

1. Why no archaeological sign of this previous civilization?

2. Are you claiming humans come from another planet? Then why are we linked DNA wise to all other life on this planet?

3. Say what?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thiaoouba Prophecy

Good Story Bro

Did white people come from an entirely different planet?. You state everything as recorded facts? recorded where? Dan Brown?

Anyway BACK TO TOPIC: I'm south african and have never heard of these ruins and I highly doubt that its because MSM suppresses it... Would like to visit the sites though especially the monoliths.. (Apparent monoliths which was likely photoshopped anyway), but I'll stop by there when i go fly fishing or something.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join