It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master Chief vs Doomguy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
you know both Master Chief and Doomguy have few things in common:

both are supersoldiers

both are belongs to distant future

both have aliens(any non-humans(other than friendly ones) instead just extraterrestrials) as their enemies

both are more kick-ass than most(if not all) of other FPS and action game protagonists

both are one man army

and both are the most iconic FPS player character

With few differences:

Master Chief's enhancements are cybernetic while Doomguy's enhancements are chemical(via super serum)

Master Chief's armor are much better than Doomguy's armor(since Master Chief wears Powered Exoskeleton while Doomguy are only wears body armor)

Master Chief enemies are extraterrestrial while Doomguy's enemies are inter-dimensional

and Doomguy is lived roughly 350 years before Master Chief did it

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
tell you what, i would rather be spartan-117 than the doom guy.

and i would rather be fighting aliens than demons.

reactive armor and powered exoskeleton. my choice is obvious.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by quantumdragon]

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon
tell you what, i would rather be spartan-117 than the doom guy.

and i would rather be fighting aliens than demons.

reactive armor and powered exoskeleton. my choice is obvious.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by quantumdragon]

Well Doomguy fights demons with Super Serum(once Superhero's favorite way of gaining Superhuman powers before atomic age) whilst running around with Motorcycle helmets and pyjamas, that's why Spartan-117 is better in your opinion when it comes to protection

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hmm.

On the one hand, the Chief has fought against an unrelenting opponent and faced incredible odds. He's strong, fast, and smart.

On the other hand, the Doom Guy fought his way through Hell.

... I'm a big fan of both, but I'm going to side with the Doom Guy on this one. That metaphysical aspect gives him the edge in my book.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yayforlater
Hmm.

On the one hand, the Chief has fought against an unrelenting opponent and faced incredible odds. He's strong, fast, and smart.

On the other hand, the Doom Guy fought his way through Hell.

... I'm a big fan of both, but I'm going to side with the Doom Guy on this one. That metaphysical aspect gives him the edge in my book.

I likes Doomguy better than Master Chief though Master Chief may be strong enough to wields and fires heavier weapons like Miniguns with only one hand

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Master Chief fought those who actually worshiped him

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Gypsy
SPOILER ALERT!!!

Who's the people that actually worshiped him?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I think the aliens that Master Chief foughts worshiped him because he can runs forerunner technologies while the alien enemies that Master Chief Foughts can't runs forerunner technologies

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I personally believe that humans were the forerunners or helped genetically by them.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I personally believe that humans were the forerunners or helped genetically by them.

I think Contary to what History and Science teaches, Humans in Halo series are essentially descendants of forerunner that pulled back to the dark age on earth

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

I think Contary to what History and Science teaches, Humans in Halo series are essentially descendants of forerunner that pulled back to the dark age on earth

Or it could be Battlestar Gallactica style and the Forerunners mated with the Humans already here.
edit on 18-10-2010 by The_Gypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Yeah but doom guy has learned strafe jumping now since he was taken by the Vadrigar and put in the Arenas. Master chief could never catch him. Doom would just strafe circles around the map at super high speeds railing master chief from afar lol.

I've played both games at a high level. Two of my best games skill wise. It's not like I have anything against Halo. I love Halo. It's just, it's already hard to enough to track down a good strafer now. I know MC guy would never reach him in time lol.

Just to give you an idea if you don't know what I'm talking about.
edit on 19-10-2010 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Doomguy gets my vote any day.
He does get the BFG 9000 after all

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well! when it comes to their powers, Doomguy's powers are Charles Atlas Superpower(further enhanced with super serum) while Master Chief's Powers are Powered Exoskeleton

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The enemies that Doomguy fights are exclusively Carnivorous while Master Chief enemies are comes with varying eating habits when it comes to the diets of their alien enemies.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Depends on whether we're talking about MC from the first Halo or from subsequent Halos. I'll take Chief from the first Halo with the original pistol with zoom. Aim at head, one shot, one kill, everytime.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You sure you want to take that chance against Doom's rail gun?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
im gonna have to go with doomguy
its just the era that i like

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilman

Yeah but doom guy has learned strafe jumping now since he was taken by the Vadrigar and put in the Arenas. Master chief could never catch him. Doom would just strafe circles around the map at super high speeds railing master chief from afar lol.

I've played both games at a high level. Two of my best games skill wise. It's not like I have anything against Halo. I love Halo. It's just, it's already hard to enough to track down a good strafer now. I know MC guy would never reach him in time lol.

Just to give you an idea if you don't know what I'm talking about.
edit on 19-10-2010 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

Look at him trying to cheat with Quake

Doomguy can't even jump

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

Doom guy couldn't jump. Now he has learned how to jump.

It's the same Doom. That's the point. After Doom 1, Doom 2 his story picks up in Quake canonically when the Vadrigar kidnap him sometime after the events of Doom 2 and put him in the Quake III Arenas. We know enough about the plots that we can say the Doom in Quake III is the same Doom as the one in Doom 1 and Doom 2 where the Doom in Doom III is a different marine. He didn't get old and die. He got kidnapped by aliens that force him to fight everyday and when he dies they rebuild him. They're still doing it.

That's where his story picks up and there's where he learns massive new skills. Since you can't die there, some people have been trapped in the Arenas for 100's of years. We know Doom has been trapped there for at least ten or more. Imagine how much skill you would have after all that practice of just fighting everyday over and over and over?

Now if you want to go with just Doom from just Doom I, Master Chief still loses. As has already been mentioned, he has the BFG 9000 which kills everyone on the field with one or two shots. He wouldn't even have to aim or step out from behind a wall. He just shoots it and everyone gets hit with massive damage. Halo guy could not dodge it. But that takes no skill. I wanted to show Doom not only has weapons that MC can't defend against, but now he has also learned skills that MC stands no chance against.

The purpose is to show how skilled he has become after being trapped in the Arenas and not just saying, look how much bigger his gun is. After all, in the original doom with SR40 and SR50 strafe running, he was already too fast for MC to catch and had the BFG. Now he's even faster.

Quake III is allowed though, because story line wise, it's canonically the same character. That's what happens to Doom guy after Doom. His story doesn't stop at Doom.
edit on 2-12-2010 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2010 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join