It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the NWO is making Americans fat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
With the obesity rate on an out of control climb, children in the U.S. are becoming increasingly more out of shape. I think that TPTB are behing the rise in obesity. TPTB want Americans to be fat and out of shape so that they can control the people of the U.S. easier.

People who are out of shape are less likely to revolt. If everyone in the U.S. is eventually obese, the government would be able to control the citizens of the U.S. through health care, food supply, and financially. The government is already able to do this to a point, but the more people who are too obese to work will inevitably rely more and more on TPTB.

Fast food has gone on a wild ride fueled by increases in calories and fat. Some examples of this are the KFC Double Down - 540 calories, 32g of fat, the Friendly Grilled Cheese Burger Melt- 1500 calories, 97g of fat.

Even the kids meals are extremely bad for your health. Why are people feeding their children this junk?
5 worst kid's meals in America

Are TPTB behind the increase in junk food and video games? Does the U.S. govt. want you to be obese?

What do you guys think?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I think the only thing making people fat is the choices they make. Nobody forces people to eat crap food, they choose to do it.

It's partly down to lack of education, so I'd at least partially agree with you in the sense that TPTB could do more to educate people, but really people should educate themselves on how their monkey-suit works.

It comes down to eat less, eat better and do more exercise. It's really not difficult at all. Assigning blame elsewhere is something I've seen overweight people do *a lot* when the reality is that they choose what to put in their own mouths. It's nobody else's fault but their own.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I honestly believe it is our own lifestyle now... the "go go go", nonstop, 20-hour days cycle that a lot of people live... that is to blame for the meteoric rise in obesity in America.

That, and processed foodstuffs, which our bodies were never designed to truly utilize. I'm a practitioner of a certain diet which balances my proteins, carbs, and fat intakes to healthy levels to feed my lean body mass. But doing this, preparing my meals and making time to eat them during the day, is time consuming. That's why so many people look to fast food, and it is dooming us to entire generations ridden with heart conditions caused by obesity.

We also penalize failure, so it's not easy to begin a good workout regimen if you are already out of shape due to fear of being ridiculed if you cannot perform to a certain level.

So to answers your question, I believe the obesity epidemic is more to blame on our current lifestyle and society than on the NWO.

GBD

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It also has alot to do with cost. Try to feed a family of 4 with organic food. The difference in cost between processed and organic food is so vast that it can't be done if you are poor.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
In my opinion it boils down to one thing.

Lack of exercise.

So to answer your question, no the NWO is not making them fat.

Their lack of exercise and lazy disposition is the main culprit, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If that is the NWO's diabolical plan, to subtly tamper with our food so that over time the damge done by our already bad eating habits will be exacerbated by 10 percent then we should consider ourselves lucky.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

There are two reasons for Americans obesity problem. (This excludes people with medical disorders)

1. Many people became sedentary due to technology and a job market where most careers are now behind computers. This leads to spending 12 hours or more sitting and when we sit we usually eat whether it is a snack food or not.

Eventually we become overweight from sedentary immobilization in combination with excess eating.

2. There is a high poverty rate in most states that are obese. This poverty leads to people buying food that is cheap and food that is cheap is usually not good for you. When shopping at a market which is more affordable, a pizza or a healthy salad with low-fat bread and some fruits? Fast food restaurants are also very cheap and very convenient since most working poor don't have much time to cook so they buy greasy foods with high calories.

Eventually after eating this diet the fat builds up in your body and it is harder for you to move, then you become sedentary and that allows for the weight to be gained even faster.

We have a serious obesity in our country and it is due to several causes. IMO I would point out poverty, lower education on food, long work hours and food prices.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
It also has alot to do with cost. Try to feed a family of 4 with organic food. The difference in cost between processed and organic food is so vast that it can't be done if you are poor.

Ooo I dunno about that. Where I live we have a massive market every day in the centre of the city - it's epicly cheap and the food is fresh. Basic recipes are dead easy and you can cook a healthy and amazing tasting meal in the same amount of time it'd take for a pizza to be delivered.

Even if you can't get truly organic food locally, you can still cook from fresh rather than buying pre-packed and/or frozen foods.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Actually, I can verify that the cost of eating healthier and organic is MUCH more expensive than eating processed and prepackaged foods.

When I moved to this diet 3 months ago, my weekly foodbill for my family (my wife, 4 month old son, and self) was roughly $130 - $150. When I changed to my current diet, my food bill, ALONE, is almost $100. Fresh cut deli meats, fresh produce, eggs, etc. are not cheap.

So just by off-the-brain math, eating healthier is costing me about $100 more a month. I'm fortunate that my wife and I have stable jobs that pay well, otherwise I couldn't eat this way. It's easy to see how the money crunch is indeed playing into increasing the obesity levels in America.

GBD

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Lazy people are making themselves fat. I understand that sometimes it's medical related, but more often than not, eating fast food and then sitting on your bum is the cause. And it's the same for anywhere, not just the U.S.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
BGH

We had
couch potatoes
back in the seventies.
But not like today, it's BGH.

Bovine Growth Hormone, the reason
France wont take our exported dairy, it
does amazing things to the weight of people.
The videos of some of the cattle treated by this
hormone are just ghastly. I will not link them. But
when Bio science decides that all yield and no dignity
is the only way to sustain mega populations, it's what we get.

See people used to get overweight back in the 70's
sitting on the couch watching TV, & munching out.
But no one ever got as big as people do now.
Not without a special diet, like a sumo.
BGH is known by the government.
But the corporate MSM knows
you are susceptible to your
own sense of guilt so
Obesity stories are
run and not info
on BGH.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Are TPTB behind the increase in junk food and video games? Does the U.S. govt. want you to be obese?

What do you guys think?

Crazy Bull#

There were always overweight people. Always, it wasn't much different 30 or 300 years ago.
People should stop seeing a conspiracy behind everything.
Besides, tell me: If "TPTB" (who just don't exist) want people to be overweight, then why do they focus only on the USA? Why always only the USA and not other countries? I mean, the non-existent "TPTB" should, if those stupid conspiracies are true, for example try to promote the bad american fast food chains in countries like greece. But nothing, and McDonalds & Co. are basically big flops in countries like Greece or generall southern european countries.
PLEASE learn that the USA aren't the capital or center of the world or the only or most important country. Because it is not, even if some stupid americans want to believe that.

Next thing: Why do always video games get thrown into the conspiracy? Video Games are #ing 50 years old by now. They aren't anything new and besides, what did happen in the last 10-15 years? Right: music and other rhythm games got popular. Games where you basically step on a stupid mat to play the game. It's like aerobic.
Think about the Wii-Mote and all the "act like crazy in front of the TV".
If the non-existant TPTB want to make people fat, they would try to get the video game scene back to "sit on your ass with a normal gamepad" and try everything that the dance mats and wii-motes and kinect of today aren't sold.

Same in movies and shows, i've just watched a episode from the Simpsons were Homer got a Bypass because his heart gave up because of his weight. Even in those shows you get warned that overweight is not good.

Nobody promotes fatness, if anything, most mainstream media outlets promote the "be as thin as possible" and "fit for fun"-Look.
Today you are considered overweight when you have a normal weight and don't look like you were just liberated from Auschwitz.

There are overweight people just as their are people with bulimia who are so thin they can die any second because of it.

Please people, just think before writing bull#

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

How is this Bullsh*t? It holds just as much water as many other conspiracies on ATS. 30% of Americans are obese compared to 14% in Germany.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Plain and simple i see it boiling down to 3 things.
1- poor eating habits
2- fast food
3- lack of exercise.

When i was growing up, we were outside playing all the time. Not inside palying video games, watching tv. And now people wonder adhd and other condtionds. the entire goverment in the US wants kids on riddelin (however teh hell its spelled), true story, as soon as the indiana child services takes a child from a home they get a prescription for it. I know this for fact as i have went to the classes to be a foster parent. I even voiced the opinion that i find it add that the cids are at fault and drugged for the state to take them out of a hostile envirement. OK, sorry for the offtopic rant.

Basicly, we need to teach kids an active lifestyle. example i have a 3 year old at home that likes to run with my wife. and i am endorsing her on it. and getting ready to start her in martail arts. Show your kids healthy exercise, and healthy eating along with hygene, and remimber that kids learn by example.

One last thing, kill the corn syrup in everything. I really love the "it's fine in moderation comercails". Espacially when you cant get a straight answer on what amount is considered moderate when its in almost everything we buy.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by oubliette]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
At least if a SHTF situation happened the obese woud survive longer than healthy people with all them fat reserves.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sure,
every prolem of mankind is because of the NWO.

I stepped over some dog # in the streets,
i think the NWO is responsible for it,
and if i can speculate further, this can be linked with the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What about american people are lazy and eat junk food?

Nobody forces anybody to eat crap watching TV.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Can obese people die of starvation?

Actually, yes. If someone is deficient in protein, all of their body fat is of no use because fat cannot be converted to protein. This is just one example. Many people in my country (USA) are getting fatter while their muscles are slowly starving.

If the SHTF, I don't think being an obese unfit person will help...

Source

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Americans are making america fat.
The people behind the food industry are the ones just handing out the plates.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gagol

Fat people will probably be the first victims of other survivors canibalizing them, after all they would be easy to spot and easy to catch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join