It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the NWO is making Americans fat?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It's probably just a matter of biology that's making people fat.

Eating food that's "bad" for you releases endorphins. People crave this "high" that they feel when they eat this food that tastes oh so good, so they eat more of it.

I'm sure this was an evolutionary advantage to our ancestors. We crave the calorie rich foods so that we are more likely to survive.

Our ancestors who loved celery and didn't get a happy feeling when they ate probably starved to death.

If we got the same release of endorphins every time we did push-ups, we'd all look like body builders. (I'm aware of the "runners high")

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I walked into a walmar the other day and i almost threw up. I realize that just about %75 of them wear over wight.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

Yeah, I refuse to even go into a Wal-Mart. I don't care how good the deals might be, I can't stand it in there.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
After watching Jamie Oliver in a small American school the other night,i cannot believe what is happening there. One kid didnt even know what a tomato was,at 10yo!

A mate went over last year,he loved his trip there,but said the food is crap,everything is in a burger bun,finding decent food they had to search for.
The size of everything is also CRAZY,you dont need such big helpings of fat and soda.

My children are lucky if they get take out once a year from any commercial food outlet,our remote residence helps with this.
Take out for us is the local fish and chip shop,and the burgers,steak,chicken are all hormone and antibiotic free,supplied by our local butcher,where we buy our meat.
Our vegies come from all around local and home grown,we barter and swap a lot,eggs come from our free range chickens.
We buy milk,but i also get as much as i want from the dairy.

Sure healthy eating may cost you an extra $20-30 bucks a week buying it all from the shop,but iam sure the health of you and your family is worth it.

The use of corn syrup in all your food is a conspiracy in itself,it is not needed,except maybe for the odd recipe that calls for it.I was perplexed at this when i found out a few years back.

And then you have these large fast fat outlets with a massive campaign to target your children,these campaigns can be quite sneaky to outright in your face.

Vegie gardens for all your schools America,we do it here,they grow the vegies then get to cook them,what a YUMMY way to learn,and thats what its all about,Education.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

The use of corn syrup in all your food is a conspiracy in itself,it is not needed,except maybe for the odd recipe that calls for it.I was perplexed at this when i found out a few years back.

I think it's needed if you want to turn a profit. In the US, we have a lot of corn. If you want to sweeten something, it makes sense to sweeten it from something you have available locally instead of importing it.

It's not a conspiracy, it's economics. If we lived in Brazil, I imagine everything would be sweetened with cane sugar.

Of course, I don't have anything to back this up. It's just a guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

Just like ethanol is made from corn in the U.S., but in Brazil it is made from cane sugar

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

Gday mate,when it comes to profit they will do anything, it wouldn't surprise me.

There is other ways of sweetening foods,sugars can be found in fruits and it is available as an alternative to cane sugar.
Natural honey is also a good sweetener and can be swapped for sugar in some recipes.
The nectar of some flowers can be used also!

Your theory sounds plausible,weather its sugar or corn syrup they put too much in everything (preserves as well) these days, no wonder theres a diabetes epidemic.
Our health means nothing to them,its just in the way of making more money,lucky food laws/standards exist god knows what they would be putting in our food.

Would your baby like melamine with that milk formula! (china)

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Lol dont blame others for being fat, people just need to stop gorging on fatty foods. Also do you think fast food chains are only in America?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Oh yea...because Beans/Rice and a bag of frozen vegetables is sooo ridiculously expensive. Or 1.99 a lb for boneless chicken? Eat a quarter lb of chicken each, that's a recommended meat portion anyway..

I could make a beautiful meal for the same price as macaroni and cheese with hotdogs and tater tots.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join