It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's & the Military: What unit handles the phenomenon???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have a question for all of you guys who are really knowledgeable regarding UFO's.

In Timothy Goode's book, "Above Top Secret" he describes a 1950's army unit called the Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit whose duty it was to retrieve crashed UFO's and the like.

It was supposedly disbanded quite sometime ago, but of course UFO phenomena still take place and someone is bound to be investigating them.

Does anyone know what unit, division or military branch would be handling that? I would be curious to hear both conjecture and what you may believe to be fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nanobyte

hi nanobyte,

as far as i know there is nobody really dealing with the subject now, it used to be nick pope at the m.o.d as secratariat air staff 2a, but he resigned and said the m.o.d has closed down its "x files"
en.wikipedia.org...
i dont think the subject is taken very seriously these days.

thanks

rich

[edit on 24-7-2010 by RICH-ENGLAND]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Blue Light.

That is allegedly the ultra elite unit that deals with cleaning up crashed UFOs.

In the shadow world though, these guys are probably a lot like the janitors.

The truly top soldiers would probably get better assignments, like working at a underwater base or something fun like that.

That's you wanted to know.

From what I read they are called Blue Light, and are a part of the Air Force.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Blue Light was the Special Forces counterterrorism unit that was supposed to do counterterrorism work while Delta Force was being set up in the 70's. Supposedly, it was disbanded when Delta went operational.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, though. I've heard rumors (mainly in various whistleblower interviews) that the people responsible for this kind of ops were the Air Force's "Blue Berets". Now, I've only managed to find one unit in the Air Force that wore blue berets (and this was a few years back, so it might've changed), and they were medics. So, Blue Light could be a secret Air Force unit with blue berets.

There's also, of course, the Special Tactics Squadrons of the US Air Force. They're the Air Force's Special Operations capability, and it stands to reason then that they would be used for this kind of operation.

My last suggestion isn't the Air Force's. I read, however, again a few years back, a list of a #load of agencies and organs of the supposed "Shadow Government", by one Doctor Richard Boylan. He mentioned that there was a military wing of Majestic Twelve. Now stay with me here. The military wing was named NSO, for National Reconnaissance Organization. (Not to be mistaken for the NRO, or National Reconnaissance Office, a whole different organization).

Further on, NSO supposedly had their own special ops army called PI40, and THOSE were supposedly the forces that were sent out to retrieve crashed UFO's.

It might be true, or it might not be. I'll try and dig up the link either way.

And, if it's not true, it still makes for one hell of a good sci-fi story setting.

Edit to add:

Alright. My memory had twisted a bit, but the part you want to read still is the part about NSO, which's acronym apparently is NRO these days, probably to confuse it with National Reconnaissance Office. You can read about it here, though this was not the original site that I read it on way back when.

The interesting part is this, and I quote:

National Reconnaissance Organization (NRO) (aka MJ-TF), the military/intelligence operations arm of the PI-40 Subcommittee, conducts surveillance, interdiction, capture and confiscation of UFOs and their extra-terrestrial occupants for intelligence and "International Security" purposes; surveilles and "interacts" with close encounter experiencers, including occasional physically and sexually assaultive mind control kidnappings disguised as "Alien abductions" for psychological warfare and dis-informational purposes, headquarters unknown, probably compartmented and dispersed among various elite Delta Force Special Operations units, such as the USAF Blue Light at Hurlburt Field, Mary Esther, FL and Beale Air Force Base, Marysville, CA.

Food for thought.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by David_Reale]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

Nice work there.

Loved reading your research.

Very interesting that the NRO (NSO?) and Blue Light have those kind of connections *allegedly?*.

I'll do some digging and see if I can't find where I read about it from, it was here on ATS like over 6 years ago seriously. Haha

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nanobyte

Timothy Good's book Alien Contact was my first UFO related purchase. I did believe him to be very credible until I changed my whole view on the UFO/Alien Subject. If I waffle/flip-flop again I would consider his research at least worthy of one review.

Regarding which MILITARY Unit would be in-charge of crash retrieval, I know I saw a documentary that covered this subject on BLUE LIGHT. It may be in an episode of UFO Hunters, but not real certain. I will do what I can to find it for you to review. NO Promises that it is accurate but at least something to help you along during your quest.

S & F for excellent question and bring this issue back.

Regards,
t

EDIT: To clarify and fix typo

[edit on 7/24/2010 by EyeHeartBigfoot]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.S. Special Operations Command
Hurlburt Field, Mary Esther, Fl, along with its Western U.S. Headquarters, Special Operations Command, Beale AFB, Marysville, CA, coordinating:
U.S. Army Delta Force (SFOD-D)
U.S. Navy SEALs (Black Berets), Coronado, CA.
USAF Blue Light (Red Berets) Strike Force

This says they are Red Berets. I have no clue however lol.

And check out this thread there is some really good posts in there that give a lot of information.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thanks, man.

And it's the same way for me. It must've been at least six or seven years since I first read about Doctor Boylan's theory on this.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If they're red berets, then it sounds like they're Air Force Combat Controllers after all. As far as I know, besides military police, the combat controllers are the only (officially existing at least) ground combat units of the US Air Force. (But I could be wrong.) And pilots aren't really equipped to retrieve crashed UFOs in warzones.

Of course, it could also be that they use the same berets simply for the effect of confusion. And of course, paratroopers around the world are known to wear red berets.

(It reminds me of another story, of a former combat controller, CIA-pilot and supposedly assassin named Gene "Chip" Tatum, who talked a lot about the New World Order and George H.W. Bush and his cronies, but he never mentioned UFOs from what I can remember.)

Edit to add my thoughts:

After some thinking, and reading the links you posted, my theory would be that the Blue Light we're talking about have no connection with the 1970's BLue Light, which was Army Special Forces, whereas this one would be Air Force Special Operations. The only thing they have in common then would be the name (for confusion, again?).

My guess would once again be they are combat controllers, but possibly they're either "the cream of the crop" of combat controllers, or a splinter group recruiting personnel from the CCT units.

And, "charge of recovery of sensitive materials and classified aircraft when they go down", well, it sounds like something the US Air Force would had have need of. More importantly, it sounds like a good cover for a unit tasked with recovering crashed UFOs.

Edit number two:

Speculating further, I notice that the 24th Special Tactics Squadron of the United States Air Force Combat Controller Teams (doesn't exactly roll off your tongue, does it?
) is, according to Wikipedia:

...among the premier Special Tactics Squadrons in the Air Force. Primarily tasked with Search and Rescue/Recovery Operations and is believed to be AFSOC's participation to the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC).

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by David_Reale

After some thinking, and reading the links you posted, my theory would be that the Blue Light we're talking about have no connection with the 1970's BLue Light, which was Army Special Forces, whereas this one would be Air Force Special Operations. The only thing they have in common then would be the name (for confusion, again?).

I actually agree totally with that.

I can't really see any other way it would work, given the mixed information we have available *although limited* and the various stories floating around from vets.

I also think they are totally unconnected to the Blue Light of 40 years ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I Wikied for a bit, and came up with who the "Blue Berets" really were and are. My memory must've failed me once more, because they weren't medics, but rather US Air Force Security Forces.

My guess at this would be that if it's true as what I heard about blue berets, they're the ones who seal off the crash sites when it happens in the United States, and then technical/research/engineering staff take the downed UFO off to a safe place where they can research it. The Blue Berets wouldn't necessarily get to see anything in regard to the UFO - their job would just be to seal the crash site off and keep people out, while people with higher security clearance dealt with the UFO. (Presumably people from the Air Force Office of Special Intelligence.)

Meanwhile, Blue Light, theoretically mind you, would handle similar situations outside the United States, though more independently, for example in Iraq, Afghanistan, or anywhere else really, where they think they can get away with snatching a crashed UFO from local government and military forces. Specifically, my guess would be places where they can't really deploy staff with the right clearance and knowledge of UFO research to the crash site, i.e., where they're likely to get shot or blown to pieces, and where they, really, need soldiers to do the job.

At that time Blue Light would be better suited since they're elite soldiers, used to special ops, and most likely have been educated enough that they know what they're doing when recovering the UFO, so that they can do it without help from technical staff. And, most likely, they know to shut the heck up about what they see.

Mind you, this is just a theory of mine based on the rumors I've heard about Blue Beret personnel, and now Blue Light, recovering crashed UFO's. So take it for what it's worth.

Edit:

As always I still have something to add after posting. It could be that Blue Light is an entirely own unit, recruiting both from the Combat Controller Teams and the Air Force Security Forces. That would explain the occasional blue beret spotted among them (as mentioned in several interviews by UFO whistleblowers), as well as the red berets (as mentioned here on ATS) from the Combat Controller Teams.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just to sweeten the pot a bit.......................Try doing some research about the US NCAIC Team. It is "officially" called the Nuclear/Chemical Accident/Incident Control Team, but in fact, the team has many other, shall we say, "subliminal" missions.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanobyte
I have a question for all of you guys who are really knowledgeable regarding UFO's.

In Timothy Goode's book, "Above Top Secret" he describes a 1950's army unit called the Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit whose duty it was to retrieve crashed UFO's and the like.

It was supposedly disbanded quite sometime ago, but of course UFO phenomena still take place and someone is bound to be investigating them.

Does anyone know what unit, division or military branch would be handling that? I would be curious to hear both conjecture and what you may believe to be fact.

I would suggest contact ATS's own Clifford Stone, if he is available; by his own admission, he alledgely participated in recovery teams.
Here is a link to Cliff's thread...www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have also heard the rumor that anything UFO or e t related is actually handled by the U S Navy, since it deals with the "ocean" of space.

Just my musings...

seeker

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
My opinion would be AFSOC personnel. When astronauts returned to Earth in the return capsules, it was usually USAF Para rescue operators or "PJ's" as they are commonly referred to who supported NASA operations in astronaut recovery. They wear maroon berets, not red.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by nanobyte

When you talk about 'Unidentified Flying Objects', keep in mind that we are not talking about alien spacecraft exclusively. Originally, the United States military abandoned research behind UFOs, for the evidence supporting the phenomenon was inconclusive. If my memory serves me correctly, the government started to worry UFOs sometime within the last ten years.

United States Air Force, NASA, and the National Security Agency now handle UFO cases, for they are considered a threat to national security. Since the military has many movable parts, communicating intelligence across departments was a little slow. As a result of different departments not communicating quickly, during a crisis, the Air Force created a black-ops type of program that works in the Pentagon.

I think we started to worry about UFOs after China bought out parts of Boeing. Since China has been very busy stealing our military secrets, the government has become more proactive with UFO cases. Yes, this is heading into a third Cold War.

Note: If you ever read an interview where someone says, "I was in a position to know all military secrets when it comes to domestic craft", they don't know what they are talking about. They are flat out lying. No one person outside of the Pentagon knows. Anyone who speaks out about our national security or military capability would be thrown in a little box, and they would spend the remainder of their lives in quiet solitude.

UFOs = Great Psychological Warfare.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Maybe this Unit? Sounds familiar?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Maybe this Unit? Sounds familiar?

That is an unofficial coin copied from an unofficial patch. No air force personnel wear any such patch on any official uniform. There was a thread about this already and it explains how these things work within the military.

Many units, especially air force units make up their own "joke" patches. They are not official and it is just something neat to bring home or trade with other units. U.S. Air Force space command has the star trek federation symbol on the OFFICIAL patch, but that does not mean Star Fleet is secretly orbiting the Earth.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think its the "Naval Space Command"

10 seconds into this video and you will see it

picture of logo

more info
www.thelivingmoon.com...

It makes perfect sense,
The navy has experience operating huge ships and submarines with hundreds men and women on board,
So they wouldnt have a problem operating a huge spaceship/ mothership

As for clean-up and retrieval of crashed ships,
Im thinking "Navy Seals" or a branch off of the "Navy Seals"

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
navy seals do not specialize in any type of recovery, including SAR. they are completely combat oriented. i would stick with the air force on this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Compass_Call
navy seals do not specialize in any type of recovery, including SAR. they are completely combat oriented. i would stick with the air force on this one.

The Air Force has the least amount of training than any branch of the military,

Air Force basic training is 7 weeks,
Army is 13 weeks,

Air Force personnel dont even carry rifles, all they have are handguns,

So I dont think they would send the Air Force to pick up a crashed alien ship;
What if there are live hostile aliens inside?

If I was in charge I would send in the most elite units, which would be the "Navy Seals"

After the ship is recovered I imagine they would send it to an "Air Force" base for reverse engineering

Or if they wanted to be really super secret about it,
They would air-lift it to a huge Navy Aircraft Carrier in the middle of the pacific ocean

or one of their underground/underwater bases, if they even have one....

With the Air Craft Carrier holding the ufo in the center, you could have 20 to 30 Fighter Jets on board ready to fly anytime within minutes, nuclear missiles, Artillery bombardment guns, etc,
The Air Craft Carrier could have a rader covering 500 miles,
At the radius of where the Air Craft Carriers Ships Raders ends,
You could place 5 Nuclear Submarines all around the radius with 500 miles of radar coverage,

At the 500 mile radar coverage where the subs end you could place 10 Gun Ships, around the radius of the subs

If you dont call that security,
Then I dont know what planet youre living on

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join