It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My absolute "last" post on the subject of LEOs!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yes, I am a Police Officer. I have been for over 11 years now I guess. I take my job seriously and I take my authority seriously.

Are there corrupt, dirty, pieces of crap cops out there that have no business carrying a badge? Absolutely!!

I am a good, honest cop and on one occasion that cost me my job and ruined a big portion of my life. Let me tell you a story and I will try to do the Reader's Digest version:

In January of 2004 I had worked the night shift for a Sheriff's Office here in the "good ol boy" south. I was a corporal and a training officer and earlier in the week or maybe it was the week before, one of the Sheriff's bimbos got angry because I did something she disagreed with. She was a rookie and tried to correct me in an area, but she was wrong and I told her so in a professional manner. She and her breast implants went crying to the Sheriff and office politics kicked in.
I got a page to come into the office, that was no big deal, we were always being called into the office on our days off for something. I got there and the Sheriff's office door was closed so I waited for quite a while. Finally, the door opened and out walked the bimbo. Lets call her "Sally". When I saw Sally come out of the office I knew something was up. I went in and prepared to defend myself. There were several high ranking (we call them white shirts) officers in there. The Sheriff asked me about the incident with Sally and asked for my side of the story and I told him the truth. He asked me, banging his fist on the desk, if I was calling Sally a liar. Each time I replied that I was calling no one a liar, but that I was telling him the truth (figuring that he could figure it out for himself). After the third time he told me that my services were no longer needed and fired me.
I was dating another officer and had been doing so for three month. That was not against regulations but we still preferred to keep it quiet. I guess we didn't keep it quiet enough. Two of the white shirts followed me home and collected my patrol car and all my gear and they drove off. I got in my POV and drove to my girlfriend's house. When I got there, there were two deputies standing on her deck and they asked if she was home. I said that she was but that she was asleep from working the night before. They said that they would like to speak to her so I told them to wait on the deck and I let myself in and woke up my girlfriend. I explained to her that I had been fired and that I thought they were there to fire her also.(that was how the Sheriff did things). She was obviously upset and still half asleep when the two deputies took it upon themselves to enter the house, without being invited. My girlfriend had on nothing but a pair of boxer shorts and T-shirt that she slept in. They told her she was fired and that they were there to get the countie's stuff. They stated that they needed her guns. She, still in a haze, said that you are not taking my personal shotgun and she headed for the closet where it was stored. I knew one of the deputies there to be a hot head and was prone to over-react. I got to the closet where the unloaded shotgun was stored and told my girlfriend not to touch it. The deputy comes up and pushes me out of the way and yells "gun, gun!" like he is in a crackhouse in LA. He pushes my girlfriend toward the other deputy and orders him to put the cuffs on her. He throws her to the floor and handcuffs her behind her back like she is a criminal, but she is not, she is a deputy. Of course, she began to cry and I tried to intervene. The ranking deputy (the hothead) puts his hand on his sidearm and orders me to set on the bed and I comply because this idiot will shoot me. As my girlfriend lies facedown on the floor she request to go to the bathroom and is told to pee on herself. There's more but I will stop here.

We sued the Sheriff's Office and the deputies involved in Federal Court. Our fourth and sixth amendment rights were grossly violated not to mention the charge of kidnapping. After 4 years, we did not get justice. I married my girlfriend a year later and she is now my wife. She suffers greatly from PTSD and she is a shell of the person I fell in love with. I don't know if I will ever get her back.

Do I know about having your rights violated? Yes, and I am still suffering because of it.

Do I think all cops are crooked? No, and if anybody has a right to that attitude it is me.

I have always been proud to be an LEO and I have always been proud of the job I do. But, the last couple of years I have become distressed and discouraged about the job because of the hatred of police that exist now. If I were offered a job tomorrow making what I am making now doing something else, I would probably take it, and I say that with great sadness.

In the mean time many of you should try to understand something:
Not all plumbers are fat and let the crack of their butt show when working on a sink.
Not all Catholic Priest are pedophiles.
Not all guys with long hair smoke pot.
Not all women are bimbos.
Not all men are men.
Not all women are ladies.
Not all blacks like chicken and watermelon.
Not all hispanics are illegal aliens.
Not all orientals know karate.
Not all Italians are mobsters.
Not all effeminate men are gay.
Not all athletic women are lesbians.
Not all ATS poster are intelligent or mature.
And last but not least ....Not all cops are bad.

This is my last post on the subject. If you are so ignorant as to believe that because one person in whatever profession is bad, then they all must be bad, then there is nothing that I could ever say to change your mind.
I will not reply to any replies on this post. If you just have to know something or have to have a reply, you may U2U me. But if you are an idiot, expect to be treated like an idiot when I reply to you.

There is more that I wish to say, but I am going to let it rest here. I look forward to many topics on ATS, but this one I am done with.

Seeashrink

[edit on 24-7-2010 by seeashrink]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
SS, I hope my thread did not distress you. As I stated, it is a systemic problem that forces good "peace" officers out and rewards the statute enforcement/bureaucratic/money maker types.

Thanks for the thread. Does this not just reinforce the majority opinion?

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

Screwed by your own people???

And we are supposed to trust these people to "serve and protect" ???

Heaven help us !!!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

[Not all plumbers are fat and let the crack of their butt show when working on a sink.
Not all Catholic Priest are pedophiles.
Not all guys with long hair smoke pot.
Not all women are bimbos.
Not all men are men.
Not all women are ladies.
Not all blacks like chicken and watermelon.
Not all hispanics are illegal aliens.
Not all orientals know karate.
Not all Italians are mobsters.
Not all effeminate men are gay.
Not all athletic women are lesbians.
Not all ATS poster are intelligent or mature.
And last but not least ....Not all cops are bad.

Ok, I'm not believing this. You have to be wrong. (lol)
Sorry about how you were treated. I got the same thing in the Air Force.
Men of integrity that don't "play the game" are often forced out.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I feel for you, I know quite a lot of cops that are good honest people that are quite professional and do their jobs right.

I have noticed a lot of anti cop posts here on ATS and it's quite unfair. I would say that for every report of abuse by the police that makes its way to threads here there are 10 unreported acts of civility and professionalism above and beyond the call of duty preformed by your average cop.

But no one is going to post those stories, do you want to know why?

Because no one films a cop being a nice guy, no one films a cop actually listening to a suspect and figuring out that they haven't done anything wrong. No one will film a cop helping someone out of the goodness of their heart. Why should they? That's what cops are supposed to do.

It's a thankless job, I understand that. I appreciate what cops do. But in the court of ATS public opinion, cops are all bad. (I think many of these posts are made cause a cop took someones pot away once.)

Keep the faith, some of us appreciate what you do for your community.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is part of the problem with the authority police are given. They can say what they want and are believed by other police and the courts. While you are also a cop she had the advantage because shes a woman.

It is terrible this happened to you. No one deserves this especially not from your own coworkers. While i respect police for the danger they put themselves in every day i happen to know quite a few of them and in my experiences they break laws all the time.

I wish you and your wife good luck in your fight and hope real justice will prevail.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeashrink

She was a rookie and tried to correct me in an area, but she was wrong and I told her so in a professional manner. She and her breast implants went crying to the Sheriff and office politics kicked in.

You might think you have a professional manner, but stop, right there. Is this really what you have to say about this woman? How is this professional? This makes you sound like a "pig," to me.

First of all, you don't say what she accused you of, so it's hard to say whether or not she should have reported you for whatever, but if this is what you have to say about this woman, Lord only knows what she accused you of, but lets say, it's obvious! You also refer to this rookie as a "bimbo."

While you think you are helping your cause here, I can't help but think you come off sounding like a complete jerk!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Your story doesn't add up. Assuming you know the law, why would you open the door to your GF's house knowing that such would be taken as an invitation to allow officials in her house? If you did not technically live there, you usurped your authority and endangered her by opening the door with uninvited persons on her porch.

That just seems like a really stupid thing to do.

Why would an official business of firing someone take place in the dark of the night? Did the officials bother to knock on the door first to wake her up? As the householder, it should have been her decision as to whether she wanted to answer the door.

You were not a very trustworthy friend to allow the privacy of your GF to be disturbed in the middle of the night. You are the very one who caused her trauma, if you get right down to it. And you were irresponsible with the privelige she had given you with the keys to her home.

Rather than fess up to whatever your indescretion was that caused the initial incident, you resort to name calling of the offended party, making reference to her anatomy. If this is your bigoted attitute then I am glad you are no longer on the police force. You may consider yourself an "honest" cop, but that is subjective; you have a tainted attitude and show a lot of disrespect toward females, even toward your GF, by your actions.

Your story has more holes than a piece of swiss cheese.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It's common sense that they're not all bad, threads/posts like these are really just stating the obvious.

I feel that the anti-police sentiment we always see isn't so much an "I hate all cops" type of thing, so much as an "I hate that all cops can get away with just about anything" or "I hate that all cops have the benefit of the doubt on their side just because they're cops"

Anyone putting you in this kind of position...

... and I comply because this idiot will shoot me ...
...needs to be neutralized on the spot, whether it's a policeman or a gangbanger. That act of forced submission is what most people rail so hard against, but it always gets sidelined by people bringing up the fact that there are good cops somewhere else, which is really completely unrelated . . .

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Originally posted by Alethea
Why would an official business of firing someone take place in the dark of the night? Did the officials bother to knock on the door first to wake her up? As the householder, it should have been her decision as to whether she wanted to answer the door.

It wasn't at night if you read the OP more carefully you would have read...

When I got there, there were two deputies standing on her deck and they asked if she was home. I said that she was but that she was asleep from working the night before. They said that they would like to speak to her so I told them to wait on the deck and I let myself in and woke up my girlfriend.

He went into his girlfriends house, probably because, she was his girlfriend and this was normal behavior. She worked the night before, so that tells us that this was being done in the daytime.

The story isn't full of holes, you just didn't read it carefully enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I am so sorry you went through what you did, and that your wife still suffers from it. In time all woulds heal, I hope hers heal soon. It is sad the amount of ignorance and stupidity there are in the people of this world.

I can empathize with having to deal with anti-officer sentiments, as my brother worked in the LAPD for quite some time. I had to listen to people spout their mouths off that all LAPD cops are crooked, and that they all "hate blacks" (SIC), and beat people up. It's bad enough being the family member of a police officer in a rough area like he worked in. After they redeployed the officers in the gang unit after all the corruption charges in 1995 he was one of the officers that was deployed there, so I knew his life was in danger every time he went to work. Add on top of that the inflammatory statements by the ignorant masses asking the people to rise up and even to encourage cop killing... It was too much.

My brother was also one of the good guys, but he left LAPD to work in the south and eventually left the force once-and-for-all here a few years back. The police force lost a good man when he left, and it's sad to know that he is not on the streets every day protecting people... but to be honest, I am happy he no longer puts his life on the line with all of these people who can't distinguish "one pig from another" or don't care.

These men and women who patrol your streets...

They are Mothers and Fathers, Husbands and Wives, Sisters and Brothers
and children to someone. They are the most important person in someone's life. Yes there are crooked cops out there, just like there are crooked bankers, crooked military personnel and crooked unemployed who take your tax money. But one does not mean all.

Never forget that.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
While you think you are helping your cause here, I can't help but think you come off sounding like a complete jerk!

How can you possibly blame him for having negative feelings towards 'that female' when you consider that what she did, because of her little precious flower of an ego was bruised, cost him his job, and his wife a little measure of her sanity? I am, personally, surprised that he didn't use stronger language. I sure would have.

[Edited: BB Code mistake!]

[edit on 7/24/2010 by Sararainmaker]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sararainmaker

Well, what exactly did she do? How do you know that she wasn't justified in reporting him for some reason? He states that even after taking this to court, that he was not vindicated. How do we know that only her ego was bruised?

He left out quite a bit of details, and even if he is upset, the terminology he uses leads me to believe he is not quite so innocent as proclaimed to be.

You betcha I believe there are rotten apples in every bunch, and my opinion of this fellow, is that he thinks he's been railroaded, yet we don't have details.

This is a situation where I'd like to have the other persons side of the story.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

If I might ask, what reason do you have for doubting his story? Just because he is male and there was a female involved?

Don't let your protectiveness of our sex blind you to the fact that we can be evil, conniving and terrible people when we get mad. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

To immediately disregard someone's story just because you only hear one side when you are likely to only hear one side, proves nothing and is counter-productive to the topic and point of this post.

Small corrupted southern town (is that redundant?), corrupted police officers and corrupted government railroad and damage the life of an honest man... I believe it.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It's true not all cops are bad. There is a minority who are good guys but when you take into account that they don't stop their corrupt pals from committing crimes then they're just as quilty.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sararainmaker

If I might ask, what reason do you have for doubting his story? Just because he is male and there was a female involved?

As I mentioned, the terminology used. How does he know this woman had breast implants? Did he feel them? Pay for them, or just assume? Does he refer to all women as bimbo's?

Don't let your protectiveness of our sex blind you to the fact that we can be evil, conniving and terrible people when we get mad. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Yes, and also, if she was, for instance treated like a bimbo, then, she had every right to complain to superiors. Also, he did not like the fact that a rookie tried to correct him on something he did.

I don't need to apologize for not believing everything a person types on ATS, just because they say so. The person has said they will not be responding to this thread, or any questions, which only goes to show, they are refusing to give the whole story. I also believe it is a bull story, because after 4 years, they were not vindicated.

To immediately disregard someone's story just because you only hear one side when you are likely to only hear one side, proves nothing and is counter-productive to the topic and point of this post.

So says you, who has a brother that used to be a cop. You are defending this person based on your own personal experience with a family member.

Small corrupted southern town (is that redundant?), corrupted police officers and corrupted government railroad and damage the life of an honest man... I believe it.

What you believe, and what really happened could very well be 2 different things.

edit fix quote

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Sorry to tell you but i live in the South and have met no good cops in all my life.

There are many cops here that will not give you a traffic ticket for a little bit of sexual activity.

Other cops sell alcohol from the trunck of the police car on Sundays as it is a dry county on Sunday.

I could go on and on but it would bore you.

You seem to have a bad attitude also.

You got down on the other cops level when you called the female officer a bimbo with silicone boobs.

When I was a young woman my dad forbade me to ever date a cop.

I admit that I'm not fond of cops. Nothing personal against you it's just all cops in general.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

So basically just because he has angry words to say about the woman who "allegedly" ruined his life, you doubt his whole story.

I will admit that what I believe and the truth could be two separate things, that is part of being open minded in the first place. I choose to believe him, not because my Brother was a police officer, but because He could have just stated the last part of his post, without sharing, and it still would have been just as strong a point.

You have to at least admit that it IS possible that a court somewhere would toss out a legitimate case because of corruption... They have been known for making mistakes before.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I have to agree with Alethea here, too many holes in your story. What happened to the Civilian Review Board? Internal Affairs? A few months ago I got two cops suspended without pay for a week for approaching me with their hands on their weapons. I understand they were scared of me, but they did not need to threaten me, so I took action. If your story is on the up and up, go to the ACLU for redress. This is a civil rights issue, not to mention a criminal case.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sararainmaker

Yes, I have doubts. To claim to be of a professional attitude, and then describe what happened the way this person did, puts doubts on the whole entire story for me. The remarks made about this rookie are not just angry, they are sexist.

Am I saying what they described did not happen? No. Am I saying I'd like more details? Yes.

I find it odd, that all this went down, based on a complaint a rookie made, with no specific details, as to the incident.

Are mistakes made in court? Yes, and sometimes they aren't, too.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join