It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what's inside your Coca Cola?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

It doesn't matter. Research Ameribev. It's not a "parent" company to PepsiCo (mountain dew, etc.), Coca-Cola (Sprite, etc.) and Snapple, but when they work together, what exactly is the point?

Who Runs Ameribev

I mean, what is the point of having several supposed companies making a product if they work together to set regulations and prices and what not:

brokensymmetry.typepad.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have a lifelong coca-cola addiction. I know the stuff is awful. One problem for me is that I get heartburn and general upset stomach problems a lot and I find that cola soothes the stomach. Juice is very acidic and even water can make heartburn worse sometimes. But for some reason cola seems to help.

I have spent a lot of time in third-world countries, and it's an old traver's maxim that cola and foreign beer are almost always safer then the local water. If what the article says about the cola being bottled in India is true, I guess that's another cherished old lie to toss on the asheap of experience.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I will never look at Coca Cola the same!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I too have a life long cola addiction... but I still drink one or two glasses a day..

I think that it's not that wrong if you don't drink to much of it... I think that everything may be wrong for your health if you put the words 'to much' in front of it..

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'd double check every word. Most here were not even born yet when DDT was last used.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Green tea, black tea and water is pretty much all i drink. I don't understand why people feel the need to guzzle drinks like coke and pepsi, these are obviously bad for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I have been looking for a reason to stop drinking the stuff and your little mouse story did it for me! Next time I want one I will just remember that poor little mouse. Thank you!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I was a shift supervisor for a licensed bottler of Coca Cola, which was owned by a the family of a famous Canadian sports figure.

The telling Image that is burned into my brain was after moving a pallet of
product with a fork truck, I looked down to see a mouse caught in a small spill of syrup which is added to the carbonated water to make the Coke.

The mouse was half dissolved to the point of being an upper torso only and was still trying to detach itself from the little puddle it was trapped in.

I put it out of its misery and have never touched a drop of cola since.

[edit on 24-7-2010 by Danbones]

Sorry but how did the mouse get dissolved , the syrup has a ph of approx 7 to 7 .4....pehaps the mouse was crushed by the pallet?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

but if the problem is in the water , how is adding green tea going to help?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

red bull cola also uses proper cola nut , and coca leaf....
I dont think euro coke uses corn sugars either , will have a look next time..

[edit on 24-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Green tea, black tea and water is pretty much all i drink. I don't understand why people feel the need to guzzle drinks like coke and pepsi, these are obviously bad for you.

Maybe they don't like the taste of tea and ike the taste of Cola? I don't know...I'm just guessing here

Anyway, I drink a fair amount of Coke Lite. I just can't get enough of that aspertame.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
For a long time I have been aware that cc makes you stupid and fat but the last time I had a cc, I ended up on my knees puking up. And I'm not joking.

It was at that moment that I realised that I had been drinking pure evil!

If I ever drink that cc crap again.. I deserve to be sick again.

How is that stuff legal?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Jones Soda for the win!

Anything with high fructose corn syrup (which is pretty much in everything we eat from bread to BBQ sauces, to ketchup and 95% of soft drinks) is terrible for you.

As for the story about the mouse dissolving, I'm sure it got stuck in the syrup and couldn't get out and just started to rot or eat itself. I work at a grocery store and we had some Pepsi syrup spill in the back dock area. I found a dead bird literally stuck to the floor in that stuff....Wasn't dissolving though.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

but if the problem is in the water , how is adding green tea going to help?

Because some of us hate tap water and use a filter
Although i don't think tap water is bad i just live in a hard water area so it tastes funny without filtering.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i stopped drinking that poison 13 years ago , that was in the past century , i felt better ever since , lost too much wight and stayed healthy , didn't allow it in my house so that my children will be safe and don't consume it , now you better try it

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
*cough,. cough*,. Marlboro man says cigarettes *cough cough* arent bad for me
*cough* so I'm gonna keep smoking *cough*
besides I *cough* really like smo*cough*king..
I will keep smoking*cough* till it kills me *cough*

America has the highest rate of diabetes I wonder why
HFC maybe?
Yeah you people that love your sodas.. keep drinking

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
theres no way that happened that quick

Concentrated Coke (the syrup??) is so corrosive it has to be transported in non metallic containers as it eats straight through steel I have been told. It is made about 20 miles from where I live by the the way in the West Coast of Ireland and there is no way that water is polluted.

DDT in UK water - don't think so.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I love threads like this because it gives the 'healthy people' an excuse to say "Nurrrgh, I don't drink soda, I only drink soy milk".

So what? Get a carrot and stick it in your behind. Everyone knows Coke is bad for your health.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
well... I still drink it and love it. Actually its a funny thing that I'm reading this thread with a bottle of coke right here.

So you stopped drinking coke and started drinking water (bottled or not). Thats great.. I mean I do it both, but its prolly stupid cause we all heard of the conspiracy about water (bottled or otherwise) having fluoride. With that said I think you guys should stop drinking water also (that obviously includes tea, coffee, etc. I know, I know, some of you prolly had or installed those "water purifiers" or something... then theres the fast food conspiracy and all the others, with headless cows and tasteless chickens being "farmed" or whatever, animals fed through tubes supplying nutrients yadda yadda yadda, culminating in the very air you breathe with all those weird chemicals in the air that your minds make up, spread by that chem-trail bs some of you believe in... you gotta stop breathing also. Or wear some breathing mask... (and I'll not mention the reptilian queen of england or the diabolical and satanic order of the evil families (which prolly use coca-cola to control the minds of humans or something) that control the banks and wars, the blue horse statues, airports with hidden messages, concentration camps in the middle of the US, the suspicious (??) trains with coffins design to host victims of a secret mass killing program, books that make you want to kill people like john lennon, barack obama who is really osama bin laden and of course, the most feared thing of all evil things - WHITE VANS - specially when they're parked near airports and people like me who dont believe in any of this loon stuff that makes we, of course, evil masonic, devil-worshiper, NWO sympathizers, and prolly reptilian also, desinfo agents)

But all this is irrelevant, I digress... the real question I have is:

Is it sunny inside your paranoia? How do you cope with it? I mean... hows it like to live in fear of your own shadow?

For me... well life's too short for me to deny myself of the things I love in life... we all end up the same way... so the insides of your corpses will be better looking then mine, so what? I never tried to live according to James Dean motto anyway... but I will still look better in a suit

Advice. Stick to the job at hand - your life. You dont have 2 or 3 of them - enjoy the one you have and pay attention to it, to yourselves and the ones you love instead of being lost in all this external weirdness.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

wow- you're the poster boy for 'why not to drink coke'

focus on your own life- that was good advice.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join