It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Apologizes to Russia in Mysterious Drug Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

US Apologizes to Russia in Mysterious Drug Case

www.newsmax.com

The U.S. apologized to Russia on Thursday for what it called a diplomatic slip-up in the case of a Russian man arrested in Africa and then extradited to the U.S. for alleged drug smuggling.

The Russian government had expressed outrage at U.S. handling of the case, calling the U.S. guilty of "open lawlessness."

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said there was an unintended delay in notifying Russian authorities that they could visit the man, Konstantin Yaroshenko, 41, now in detention
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

"We pressed the wrong button on the fax machine, to be brutally frank," he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This incident smells of something much bigger, though I can't put my finger on it. Could the Russians be into dealing drugs too and the US government feels as if its toes are being stepped on?

With all of the protocols dealing with classified information, it would seem nearly impossible to "press the wrong button" on the fax machine. Furthermore, it wouldn't seem like such a big deal to either Russia or the US if a slight delay happened with a suspected drug dealer.

Yaroshenko was charged with smuggling "thousand-kilogram quantities of coc aine" throughout South America, Africa and Europe, the DEA said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Why would he even be extradited to the US if he wasn't smuggling drugs into or out of the US? Something doesn't smell right.

There seems to be something more to this story.

--airspoon

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They are lying.

Here is how I know.

"We pressed the wrong button on the fax machine, to be brutally frank."

It only takes 1 human to press that button. Not a group.

How did "WE" press a button together and still got it wrong? You telling me several people hit the button at the same time, yet none of the cared to read the label under the button?

Anyways point is, they are full of it.

This misuse of the word we shows it's either bunk, or some type of weak generalization.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If there is an infection, however hidden, there will be some oozing....

This, imo, an unexpected glimpse into and validation of the network controlling our lives with their suppression of information and hiding the true channels of power, just like the mob, but one that is worldwide and never stops.

We have all seen these symptoms in more personal ways, haven't we?

I pray all the time for law enforcement and government, because they, like us, need all they can get.

What is a good cop to do when surrounded by these wolves, but quit?

When we pray, btw, we get ourselves invested, and that leads to concrete choices when they are available to us, like a moving brass ring. Prayer focuses us on watching for it, and grabbing it when it is near, rather than keeping our heads down and admitting defeat, thereby missing it when it swings around again.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Recently the Ruskies asked the US to quit with the afgahni opium.
The US said no
( see the articles and photos regarding the US admission that they are guarding the opium.)

The Rusky was probably anti drug and the US is playing the propoganda game.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

calling the U.S. guilty of "open lawlessness."

WOW that is the word I have been looking for since the war on terror and war on snakes started lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm sorry.. someone has to say this, might as well be me...

FAX MACHINE!?!? Why are we still sending sensative diplomatic information by way of FAX???

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I think the guy was referring to a cable, as opposed to a fax machione like you and I know of it. Many people refer to a "diplomatic cable" as a fax or at least I have heard of it being called "the fax" before.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Why would he even be extradited to the US if he wasn't smuggling drugs into or out of the US? Something doesn't smell right.

The CIA are always looking to expand their drug smuggling operation.

I'm sure they just brought him over to act as a consultant.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
for those who are still in the dark
about the incident in question,
here is the related youtube video
from RT.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSam

Originally posted by airspoon

The CIA are always looking to expand their drug smuggling operation.
I'm sure they just brought him over to act as a consultant.

I am in agreement with spoon
there is more to this story we are not
hearing.

I think the CIA are a lil pi$$ed at the Russian secret
services performing competing drug sales.
It is a turf war between CIA and FSB.

Just wait til the FSB gets their hands
on a CIA pilot and see how quickly
this turns around.

Seems like these foreign spies errrr citizens
are being flushed out quite a bit lately
with the spy trade between US and Russia
less than 2 weeks ago. Too much competition
in da house !!!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From what I understand, West Africa is the new conduit for South American drugs entering the Eastern US. New markets bring fierce competition. I halfway think the coc aine goes there first before it comes here to mask heroin shipments. Seems a turf war is brewing involving the major players in global drug distribution.

top topics

join