It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comte de Saint-Germain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Nice thread.

I have always heard that he was a doorkeeper by the name of Cartaphilus on one of the roads leading to Calvary. Supposedly Jesus while carrying the cross, stopped for a moment. Cartaphilus told him to keep going and hit him. Jesus said to him "I will go now, but thou shall wait until I return."

From what I have found, that is the beginning of the story of "the wandering jew." Very interesting stuff. I came across it several years ago. Have not thought about it for quite some time. Thank you for reminding me.

There are all kinds of accounts of him through the ages. Rumored to have changed the tides of battles and countless other situations where he supposedly intervened. Interesting stuff.

My interest has been re-ignited, and for that I thank you.

[edit on 7/23/2010 by sniknej]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
just a note:
there are NO coincidences as in the way of random simultaneous occurrences

everything has meaning!

but my real reply is in regard to something at the end of the article:

In the last decade of the eighteenth century St. Germain confided his future plans to his Austrian friend, Franz Graeffer, saying,

Tomorrow night I am off. I am much needed in Constantinople, then in England, there to prepare two new inventions which you will have in the next century -- trains and steamboats. Toward the end of this century I shall disappear out of Europe, and betake myself to the region of the Himalayas. I will rest; I must rest. Exactly in 85 years will people again set eyes on me. Farewell. (Kleine Wiener Memorien.)

These words were spoken in 1790. Eighty-five years from that date brings us to 1875. What part did St. Germain play in the Theosophical Movement of last century? What part is he going to play in the present century? H.P.B. gave a cryptic suggestion of the time when he would again appear:

Edward Alexander Crowley was born October 12, 1875.
which means he was also conceived in that same year, around January 20.
either way, his arrival was in that year.

from wiki:

It was in December 1896 that he had his first significant mystical experience from which he would later claim, "this philosophy was born in me." His later biographer, Lawrence Sutin, believed that this was the result of Crowley's first homosexual experience, which brought him "an encounter with an immanent deity." Following this experience, Crowley began to read up on the subject of occultism and mysticism, and by the next year, he began reading books by alchemists and mystics, and books on magic. In October a brief illness triggered considerations of mortality and "the futility of all human endeavour," or at least the futility of the diplomatic career that Crowley had previously considered - instead he decided to devote his life to the occult. In 1897 he left Cambridge, not having taken any degree at all despite a "first class" showing in his spring 1897 exams and consistent "second class honours" results before that.

i underlined for emphasis.

he continued to be interested in alchemy and it was that interest, in fact, that led to his involvement with the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. in his initiation, he accepted his motto and magical name of Frater Perdurabo, meaning "I shall endure to the end."

he also took up yoga, from which he claimed to have attained Dhyana, a high state of meditation that has to do with the process of being released from samsara.

interesting, imo.

also, Crowley died in 1947, the same year of the alleged crash in Roswell - which phonetically sounds like "Ra's Well."

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That is crazy. I thought this thread was going to go on longer than it did. It seems all the topics I am interested in just die.

Hopefully this bump will get more people to share their knowledge on the subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i hope i didn't "kill" your thread with my post about Crowley - so many run from that name although in truth there is no reason to do so.

i thought about it before it posted it but i decided in favor of sharing information rather than withholding.

sharing always allows the possibility of greater understanding for everyone. maybe everyone is just thinking on it.

i am very interested, but you know, there really isn't all that much information available that is variant - it's all pretty much the same thing.

maybe because it is such a fascinating subject, many have dug out all that could be found, already.

but i'm sure there is more that we could address. i'll try to find some more and get back to the thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i am very interested, but you know, there really isn't all that much information available that is variant - it's all pretty much the same thing.

Precisely! But then the discussion moves on to the possibility as to wether or not there is a cabal of 'secret masters' who are, as we speak, shaping world events.

Yep! Its crazy, i know.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Synchronicity or mere coincidence?

I spent about half of my Saturday researching Le Compte de St. Germain, which is what attracted me to this post. Imagine my surprise when I started seeing so many responses from people who also over the weekend were compelled to look up the stories on this intriguing character.

I have tried my hardest to remember what made me start investigating CSG, and am wondering if anyone (who had the urge to look him up) remembers what made them do it? Was it something mentioned on the news, or recent movie, TV show...

Can anyone tell me what mainstream references there were concerning CSG over the weekend? Why did we all of a sudden start Googling this guy? I feel like I am losing my marbles over here. I might even be imagining this post for all I know.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Ancient
I might even be imagining this post for all I know.

I've been puzzling over this for the last few days - I too was thinking of some kind of 'trigger' in the media, but i dont think thats the case.

Very odd!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
i found a goodie!

an extremely rare text, attributed to the Count, titled "The Most Holy Trinosophia," and now available online at www.sacred-texts.com...

here is an excerpt from part one, "The Man Who Does Not Die"

THE GREAT ILLUMINIST, Rosicrucian and Freemason who termed himself the Comte de St.-Germain is without question the most baffling personality of modern history. His name was so nearly a synonym of mystery that the enigma of his true identity was as insolvable to his contemporaries as it has been to later investigators. No one questioned the Comte’s noble birth or illustrious estate. His whole personality bore the indelible stamp of gentle breeding.

The grace and dignity that characterized his conduct, together with his perfect composure in every situation, attested the innate refinement and culture of one accustomed to high station.

A London publication makes the following brief analysis of his ancestry: "Did he in his old age tell the truth to his protector and enthusiastic admirer, Prince Charles of Hesse Cassel? According to the story told by his last friend, he was the son of Prince Rakoczy, of Transylvania, and his first wife, a Takely. He was placed, when an infant, under the protection of the last of the Medici (Gian Gastone). When he grew up and heard that his two brothers, sons of the Princess Hesse Rheinfels, of Rothenburg, had received the names of St. Charles and St. Elizabeth, he determined to take the name of their holy brother, St. Germanus. What was the truth? One thing alone is certain, that he was the protege of the last Medici." Caesare Cantu, librarian at Milan, also substantiates the Ragoczy hypothesis, adding that St.-Germain was educated in the University at Sienna.

a-ha!
Transylvania is another one of my fascinations...it was originally a German land, settled by Germans.
the place is mystical, somehow, just by geological location, i think.
the mountains are like the spires on a Gothic Cathedral and my image of the darkness in the forests is one of wild beasts such as wolves and bears. it is still a very primitive, or maybe simple is a better word, place and population.

then the Medici's are another topic of interest to many people.

i'm going to read some more and see what i find - see how the writing style "sounds" and "feels."

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Some say he could very well be the 'wandering jew' doomed to walk the earth until Christ's return...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and some articles listed here:

www.experiencefestival.com...

Happy reading

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Good thread. Following the link was painless and reading the story was far better than copying it to the thread.

It takes away the gloom of the majority of threads here at ATS--that we should not ignore, for they are indicative.

The account of the count
makes you wonder about the true capabilities of we humans. Have we fallen into a funk, disrepair or degeneracy? What is to be our fate, or is it at hand?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

When I was a teenager I read a couple of books by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro (Hotel Transylvania and The Palace) on le Comte de Saint-Germain. I still have them in my library.

Granted they are fiction, historic romantic fiction actually (!), but a really good read nonetheless.

She, however takes it a step forward (sideways?) and introduces Saint-Germain as a vampire (albiet a kind of nice one). Which fitted in nicely for her as his legends (of being born in Transylvania, only wearing black and white, rarely eating in public, claiming to be 3000 years old and/or immortal, drinking the elixir of life and many more) suited her stories.

Have been facinated with this character ever since. Thanks for the thread.

[edit on 29/7/2010 by Netties Hermit]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My all but played out:

I AM,

Sri Oracle

is inspired by my studies of St Germain.

I keep a personal purple flame meditation ever burning. I recommend "Elizabeth Claire Prophet", a pseudonym for an author that claims to "channel" St Germain in her writings.

amazon.com search her name or "saint germain" for much more on the subject of this mystery man.

Also: Godfre Ray King

Ascended Master Instruction

I AM,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Sri Oracle]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join