It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida To Busy To Help Un-Employed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Florida Unemployment Benefits Issues

The senate passed a bill today extending unemployment benefits to people who've been out of work for six or more months, but it looks like Florida residents will never see a cut of that money.

www.nbcmiami.com...

We in Florida need your help. The Mainstream news is doing a very good job of hiding this fact. Watch the video, I'm sorry but that is the only credible source besides the local TV news here and thats how I first found out.

Too Busy to keep millions from starving, thats the worst thing I have heard in a long time. To busy not cleaning up BP I guess or was it Golf day. They had all week to get this done.

I have e-mailed my Representatives and request that you do the same if you live in Florida. If you do not then flood the White House with e-mails demanding Obama make them get off their backsides and do their jobs.

Don't let them use Florida as a testing ground to see if we revolt because I'm sure we will, if we have millions out in the streets begging for food and shelter.

Demand answers and action from the Florida Government!!!

www.myfloridahouse.gov...

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
OK well, I guess most at ATS are more worried about oil or little Grey men than millions starving all at once right now in one state.

Whether you like me or not this post needs attention and ACTION by YOU!!!

Huge bump with a sledgehammer.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
and just where do you propose the fl. gov. get the money to pay for this? We have done what we can. there is no more. you want this then cut out something else. millions starving!!!! SIGH!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
and just where do you propose the fl. gov. get the money to pay for this? We have done what we can. there is no more. you want this then cut out something else. millions starving!!!! SIGH!!!!!

Its Federal money and will not cost the state anything. However they most likely will not do anything because the Republicans dominate the state gov and do not want any kind help for people until after after the elections. Its called politics and by no means are the Republicans the only ones who play it but, in this case they are.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Can you elaborate on why Florida will not be getting the unemployment extension? I'm on dial-up and the link you posted will not load... taking too long. If it's a video then that is why.

I'm not shocked that Florida would do this.... it's a horrible state to live in if you are an "employee". And there are no jobs to be had. Unlike that previous poster... my heart goes out to the people in florida who want nothing more than a job to attempt to squeek by on the low wages in this state.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I am so sorry to hear this. My gosh, things are hard enough. Do they want to get rid of residents who were hard-working people in Florida? Many people here in Ca are moving out. Same up North and so forth. Seems like we are being moved about? I hope they get their heads together for you guys. Love.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Hi guys my name is Nasir ghaffar . Could any one tell me Florida is the place of Crocodile?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Problem with Florida is that Jeb Bush runs it. thats it.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Phedreus

Its Federal money and will not cost the state anything. However they most likely will not do anything because the Republicans dominate the state gov and do not want any kind help for people until after after the elections. Its called politics and by no means are the Republicans the only ones who play it but, in this case they are.

I see! And just where does that federal money come from? So basically your not asking just floridians to pay for this but everyone.

At what point do we draw the line? enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by flexer

Greetings Nasir, Florida is home to the Alligator.

anyways, I live in Florida, space coast, if you're broke you can get a job. you'll have to work though. You might not be able to find something for your degree, but you can work on a detail landscaping crew like me full time and make over 10.00 an hour.

I realize that's chump change, but not when you're broke..

People are just pansies and afraid to work hard in my opinion.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I realize that this point is lost when applied to all cases, but I think a large majority of the people who are getting paid by the gov, will do so as long as they can if they don't have to work. There are always jobs.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by depth om]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Problem with Florida is that Jeb Bush runs it. thats it.

Where have you been? Jeb is gone but the guy we have now is one hundred times worse. Charlie Crist He is a Republican stooge who has taxed us through the roof any way he can. Its now 40 dollars higher just to register your car here per year.

The people at the Tax collectors office are pissed off about it and they will yell out that Crist is to blame so everyone in the building can hear it.

He is a career politician just like Obama, He does nothing well. He ran for the local school board and is now our Governor

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I just talked to the Governor's office about the unemployment extension, and they are checking the constitution about the Governor doing an executive order to allow the 20 weeks extension.

Tracy Caddell
Legislative Assistant to
Rep. Tom Anderson

Funny as they have never had a problem with the other Federal money.
This just proves they wanted the money for something else.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
reply to post by flexer

Greetings Nasir, Florida is home to the Alligator.

anyways, I live in Florida, space coast, if you're broke you can get a job. you'll have to work though. You might not be able to find something for your degree, but you can work on a detail landscaping crew like me full time and make over 10.00 an hour.

I realize that's chump change, but not when you're broke..

People are just pansies and afraid to work hard in my opinion.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I realize that this point is lost when applied to all cases, but I think a large majority of the people who are getting paid by the gov, will do so as long as they can if they don't have to work. There are always jobs.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by depth om]

So is that why a huge Caravan of Mexicans were seen leaving Florida? Only hard working Mexicans get those jobs around here and if you think they are making min. wage, think again.

Also why should anyone be forced to take a min. wage job when they were making a decent living before the FEDS CRASHED THE ECONOMY. Taking a min.wage job will not save their house, car or just about anything else.

The FEDS should have to pay till they find a decent job like they had before, PERIOD.

Its their fault and they should pay, Not the innocent Americans. If being a lawn man is all you are used to doing then I'm sure your fine with it but if I lose my house, car and just about everything else why go be a lawn man when it wont pay for any of that.

You want to be a slave to the SYSTEM thats fine with us but most don't. They need to pay for their blatant ignorance not us.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hi guys my name is Nasir ghaffar . Could any one tell me Florida is the place of Crocodile?...Real Estate Marketing

[edit on 24-7-2010 by flexer]

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

www.firstcoastnews.com...

Gov. Charlie Crist has signed an executive order allowed out-of-work Floridians to get extended federal unemployment checks through Dec. 4.

"Unemployed Floridians are struggling in this challenging economic climate, trying to figure out how to pay their bills and support their families. We simply cannot desert the 250,000 Floridians who qualify...," Crist said in a statement today.

Congress earlier this week authorized money for extended benefits, but the state Legislature earlier in the year ended state benefits extension deadlines June 5. Tens of thousands of Floridians were dropping out of the extended-benefit program each week.

The extension will last until Dec. 4, per the federal law signed by President Obama Thursday. Florida's benefits ended June 5 before Crist's order.

There are more than 1 million people out of work in Florida, with 250,000 of them having burned through 26 weeks of standard unemployment compensation and other tiers of extended checks that allow for up to 79 weeks of benefits.

Crist made them eligible with a stroke of his pen.

"It is in the best interests of the residents of Florida that unemployed Floridians be permitted to benefit from all existing federal unemployment programs without the impediment of inconsistent state statutes," the executive order states.

I thought I was about to consider suicide for about 10 minutes. If Crist didn't do an executive order my family would become homeless.

I know Crist is a big sellout but if he is willing to stick his neck out to defend needy Americans than he has a got a big thumbs from me!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Way too (yes that is a jab at the title) much reliance on government.

Very sad.

top topics

join