It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our "reality"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What is reality? Why do we need reality? Who knows what reality is? Do we need someone to tell us what our reality should be? Do we need to follow others to show that we are all in “that” reality? Do we need to believe in someone or something for our reality? Do I need to write this so I can make myself believe in reality? Do I need to talk with others so I know this is reality? Do we need to tell others that they are wrong because they don’t believe in “our” reality? Why does our reality change as we go through our realities? Why do people and religions want us to believe in their realities? Why do some people condemn others and call them “crazy” if they don’t believe in their reality? Why do we need to “see,” “hear,” or “touch” something before we will believe it is in our reality? Why do we look outside ourselves for our reality? Why do we have to think that our body only holds one thought at a time and that we are “crazy” if you hear more than one thought because our “reality” says there is only one mind per body and something outside your body could never communicate to you unless you “see” the other mind talking to you?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Defining "reality" is WHY there are institutions like RELIGION, and POLITICS...

They're all about defining reality for massive groups of people (who are willing to be led and looking for someone to lead them).

Any movement to define our reality, to put a definite answer on anything we experience in life, should be viewed with caution.

Even SCIENCE fits the definition of a movement which seeks to define reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkusMaximus

They're all about defining reality for massive groups of people (who are willing to be led and looking for someone to lead them).

Any movement to define our reality, to put a definite answer on anything we experience in life, should be viewed with caution.

Yes, I completely agree with you MarkusMaximus. Each group wants to tell us what our "reality" is, even science. Also, if we let others tell us what our "reality" is then that is what it will become.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
ok ill try to get through some of these

What is reality? - thats relative to you

Why do we need reality? - could you exist outside reality?

Who knows what reality is? - ???

Do we need someone to tell us what our reality should be? - Nope

Do we need to follow others to show that we are all in “that” reality? - i dont know whatyou mean here, but i am reminded of feral children

Do we need to believe in someone or something for our reality? - believe in yourself - at its simplest

Do I need to write this so I can make myself believe in reality? - do you?

Do I need to talk with others so I know this is reality? - do you?

Do we need to tell others that they are wrong because they don’t believe in “our” reality? - you are probably just defending your reality, because anything else to you is unknown.

Why does our reality change as we go through our realities? nothing changes, change is an illusion

Why do people and religions want us to believe in their realities? - to help them make sense of it

Why do some people condemn others and call them “crazy” if they don’t believe in their reality? same reason

Why do we need to “see,” “hear,” or “touch” something before we will believe it is in our reality? you do?

Why do we look outside ourselves for our reality? - i think this has something to do with how perceive ourselves in an outer world.

Why do we have to think that our body only holds one thought at a time and that we are “crazy” if you hear more than one thought because our “reality” says there is only one mind per body and something outside your body could never communicate to you unless you “see” the other mind talking to you? does this happen to you?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trudge

Yes, I completely agree with you MarkusMaximus. Each group wants to tell us what our "reality" is, even science. Also, if we let others tell us what our "reality" is then that is what it will become.

To me, THAT is the truly scary part....what we believe is what we become. This is a bio-centric universe. At a quantum level, what we focus on becomes reality (which is a conundrum in this matter).

So, when a group of people organize to recruit other people and their conscious minds, and then to educate/train them to view the world a certain way, I have to look at that with a level of fear.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkusMaximus

i think fear is the perfect way to say that. people are like leeches that need to bring other people into their realities, so they can be more secure. "if someone else agrees with me i cant be crazy" the problem with this is that it is an appeal to popularity. just because a lot of people believe something does not make it true... falacious

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by monguzi
ok ill try to get through some of these

Do we need to follow others to show that we are all in “that” reality? - i dont know whatyou mean here, but i am reminded of feral children

What I mean by that is everything that is taught by someone else is what they perceive as "reality"

Do we need to tell others that they are wrong because they don’t believe in “our” reality? - you are probably just defending your reality, because anything else to you is unknown.

Or are we each trying to define each others "reality?"

Why does our reality change as we go through our realities? nothing changes, change is an illusion

So our mind and thoughts are just an illusion? That is not my "reality"

Why do people and religions want us to believe in their realities? - to help them make sense of it

Or is it to become stonger? The more people that believe in your "reality" the stronger you become.

Why do some people condemn others and call them “crazy” if they don’t believe in their reality? same reason

Why do we need to “see,” “hear,” or “touch” something before we will believe it is in our reality? you do?

Why do we look outside ourselves for our reality? - i think this has something to do with how perceive ourselves in an outer world.

These are both the same question but questioned in 2 different ways. Why do we need to “see,” “hear,” or “touch” something before we will believe it is in our reality? Why do we look outside ourselves for our reality?

Why do we have to think that our body only holds one thought at a time and that we are “crazy” if you hear more than one thought because our “reality” says there is only one mind per body and something outside your body could never communicate to you unless you “see” the other mind talking to you? does this happen to you?

I have "talked" with others in my reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
An interesting thought: FEAR is another way to define reality.

:-/

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

To me, THAT is the truly scary part....what we believe is what we become. This is a bio-centric universe. At a quantum level, what we focus on becomes reality (which is a conundrum in this matter).

So, when a group of people organize to recruit other people and their conscious minds, and then to educate/train them to view the world a certain way, I have to look at that with a level of fear.

Yes that truly is the scary part. From the day we are born we let others around us tell us what our "reality" should be. "Why are we afraid to let each other fly?" that is in a song by tupac here is the lyrics in Tupac's "Krazy"

"Krazy"
(feat. Bad Ass)

[Intro]
Hand me a cigarette DAWG! [inhales]
They got me feelin crazier than a mother#er
I got Bad Ass in this mother#er
Makaveli the Don, representin the Outlawz
Bad Ass representin the L.B.C.
So what'cha wanna do? Y'know how we do it

[overlapping the Intro]
.. puffin on lye
Hopin that it get me high
Got a nigga goin cra-zy
Oh yeah, I feel cra-zy

[Chorus]
Time goes by, puffin on lye
Hopin that it gets me high
Got a nigga goin cra-zy
Oh yeah, I feel cra-zy

(Tell 'em bout it)

[2Pac]
Last year was a hard one, but life goes on
Hold my head against the wall learnin right from wrong
They say my ghetto intrumental, detrimental to kids
As if they can't see the misery in which they live
Blame me, for the outcome, ban my records - check it
Don't have to bump this but please respect it
I took a minus and now the hard times are behind us
Turned into a plus, now they stuck livin blinded
Hennesey got me feelin bad, time to stop drinkin
Rollin, in my drop-top Jag, what's that cops thinkin?
Sittin in my car, watch the stars and smoke
I came a long way but still I got so far to go
Dear mama, don't worry; I'ma watch for snakes
Tell Setchu, that I love her, but it's hard to take
I got the letter that she sent me, and I cried for weeks
This what came out when I tried to speak - all I heard was

[Chorus - repeat 2X]

(One, two, three, four)

[2Pac]
I see bloods and crips runnin up the hill
Lookin for a better wayyyyyy..
My brothers and sisters it's time to bail
cause even thug niggaz prayyyyyy..
Hopin God hear me, I entered the game; look how much I changed
I'm no longer innocent - casualties of fame
Made a lot of money, seen a lot of places
And I swear I seen a peaceful smile on my mama's face
when I gave her the keys to her own house, this your land
Your only son done became a man
Watchin time fly; I love my people do or die
But I wonder why, we scared to let each other fly
June 1-6, '7-1, the day
mama pushed me out her womb, told me, "Nigga get paid."
No one can understand me - the black sheep
Outcasted from my family, now packin heat
I run the streets, a young runaway, live for today
When he died, I could hear him say, c'mon..

[Chorus - repeat 2X]

[Bad Ass]
God help me out here, cause I'm posessed
I need the root of all evil for my stress
Cause money's like a stong prescription drug, it's got me addicted
to the pleasure and the pain it inflicted
Somethin bout the paper wit the pictures of the president's, head
Damn, it's like a mother#in plague that spread
It's epidemic; forgotten, forgotten it got worse
I keep my head on straight, makin money cause it's cursed
Makin money makes a difference day by day so I gotta stay
paid, no doubt, day in and day out
This life is like a vicious cycle called fightin to live
No matter how hard you try, it's in death, you gotta die
A lot of my, peers didn't make it to the years to come
Did life doin right, or did life livin dumb
Who has the answers? I wonder; I turn to my elders
They aged and experienced, but they can't even tell ya
or tell me, that there'll be light at the end of the road
(Why?) Cause they don't even know
A million thangs run through my mind..
You ain't gotta be in jail to be doin time..

[Chorus - repeat 2X]

[Chorus repeats while Tupac speaks below]

[2Pac]
I feel #ed up in this bitch.
I smoked half a ounce to the head
Chocolate tye, indo, Hawaiian, lambsbread, buddha, all that #
I'm #ed up in this mother#er, and Hennesey don't help
and Hennesey don't help - Thug Passion in this muh'#er
Makaveli the Don puttin it down to the fullest, maximum overload
3 Day Theory - Killuminati to your body
with the impact of a 12 gauge shotty
Double-I slugs, no love, straight thugs

One time for my niggaz in the jail cell
(One time for my niggaz locked up)
One time for my niggaz doin life in hell
(One time for my niggaz and #, one time)
(One time)
One time for my niggaz doin life in hell
(One time for my niggaz locked down)
(For my niggaz locked up, one time)
One time for my niggaz on Death Row
(One time for my niggaz on the Row)
For my niggaz on Death Row
One time for my niggaz livin, broke
(Westside, California style, L.A.!)
One time for my niggaz livin, broke
(You know what time it is, no doubt)
One time for my niggaz in the.. jail cell
(Get high, puffin on lye, wonder if it get me high)
(Yeah, yeah, crazy..)

added- www.azlyrics.com...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes that truly is the scary part. From the day we are born we let others around us tell us what our "reality" should be. "Why are we afraid to let each other fly?" that is in a song by tupac here is the lyrics in Tupac's "Krazy"

That's why they go after the young.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What I mean by that is everything that is taught by someone else is what they perceive as "reality"

exactly why i am reminded of feral/isolated children. no one teaches them reality, they learn along a different path than the norm, and there are many psychological consequences that ensue.

how do you perceive change? over time? while everything you experience is in the present. change is an illusion your mind creates to explain the nature of your reality... the present

Why do we need to “see,” “hear,” or “touch” something before we will believe it is in our reality? Why do we look outside ourselves for our reality?

if you weren't looking outside yourself, where would you look? if you look inside, you can only be assured to arrive at Rene Descartes' Cogito Ergo Sum, however if you look outward, like Kant you arrive at a reality that is ordered through apriori (from the mind)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Einstein said that reality is a persistent illusion.
John Lennon said reality is a dream you dream together.
Bob Marley said Rastafari is reality.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said it is a sliding door.
Robin Williams says reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.

i'll stop with that one!

i say reality is the scope of your personal awareness - so for some it might be completely mundane and confined to the visible world - for others it might include other dimensions or astral planes or even fantasy lands.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i say reality is the scope of your personal awareness - so for some it might be completely mundane and confined to the visible world - for others it might include other dimensions or astral planes or even fantasy lands.

Great point. I like that. We go wherever we want to go, using our minds: our most awesome vehicles of consciousness.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by monguzi

exactly why i am reminded of feral/isolated children. no one teaches them reality, they learn along a different path than the norm, and there are many psychological consequences that ensue.

how do you perceive change? over time? while everything you experience is in the present. change is an illusion your mind creates to explain the nature of your reality... the present

Why do we need to “see,” “hear,” or “touch” something before we will believe it is in our reality? Why do we look outside ourselves for our reality?

if you weren't looking outside yourself, where would you look? if you look inside, you can only be assured to arrive at Rene Descartes' Cogito Ergo Sum, however if you look outward, like Kant you arrive at a reality that is ordered through apriori (from the mind)

What if looking inward actually brings you outward? What I mean by this is our physical body, mind, and the universe are the "reality" we choose to perceive, I look inward to myself so that I can realize the "reality" that I/We are everywhere and not just confined to our bodies or our planet we call earth. To become "real" we must first preceive "ourselves" in some form so that we can explain to our own mind how we "became." To understand the true "reality" of our creation we first must acknowledge we exist.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Reality is a subjective perception of any stimuli used or processed while events are being perceived. As far as an existential reality who the hell knows, it is existential!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Einstein said that reality is a persistent illusion.
John Lennon said reality is a dream you dream together.
Bob Marley said Rastafari is reality.
Ralph Waldo Emerson said it is a sliding door.
Robin Williams says reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs.

i'll stop with that one!

Thanks for you post queenannie38! I agee Reality is your personal awareness. I post in here because I just want all of us to be able to "fly" to wherever we want to go, in our own "reality." I think many of us have started this journey and I'm just trying to break free of my chains so I can join the rest that can "fly"

Added- I love the Robin Williams line it made me smile

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Trudge]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
Reality is a subjective perception of any stimuli used or processed while events are being perceived. As far as an existential reality who the hell knows, it is existential!

That is a very "logical" way of trying to explain "reality"

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Thanks, I did it myself! My reality is just what I see everyday and that I believe in the good of humans and that one day it will prevail.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by IamBoon]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Thanks, I did it myself! My reality is just what I see everyday and that I believe in the good of humans and that one day it will prevail.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by IamBoon]

Very nice, I wish you the best in your journey and hope that all you believe in comes true for you

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
the guy is sure to the best

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join