It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Type 2 Diabetes & High Blood Pressure Possibly Ameliorated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
In this peer reviewed publication a method is demonstrated which among other benefits was found to possibly ameliorate Type 2 Diabetes as well as reduce blood pressure.

Unfortunately no sign of being commercialized as their is no profit in it as it is too simple.

Taking daily medication for the rest of your life generates a vast revenue stream for Big Pharma.Billion upon billions of $$$ from captive victims.

Here is the brief summary.

"Ultra-low microcurrent in the management of diabetes mellitus, hypertension and chronic wounds: Report of twelve cases and discussion of mechanism of action.

Case 1: The first patient was a 74 year old female with poorly controlled non-insulin- dependent diabetes, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia. Her blood pressure at admission was 166/53 with use of Lisinopril, which was dropped and eventually ceased as her BP continued to drop; 146/68, 129/64, 144/67 in second, third and fourth weeks after treatment, and to 128/66 during 6th to 8th weeks post-treatment while the patient was on no medication. Her blood sugar was improved and HbA1c was dropped from 9.8 before treatment to 7.6, 6.5, 5.9 and 5.5 during 9 months after commencement of treatment. The patient eventually stopped diabetic and hypertensive medications. To date her HbA1c remains below 6 on diet alone.

Case 4: A 77 year old female with hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, hypothyroidism, and type 2 diabetes (NIDDM) was treated with the Electro Pressure Regeneration Therapy device. Her blood pressure before treatment was 158/81 which was dropped to 125/65 after 1 week. Her blood pressure continued to be normal with use of the EPRT device despite discontinuation of antihypertensive medications. HbA1c was 7.8 before treatment which decreased to 6.9 and continued to be low during one year follow-up.

Case 11: A 70 year old female with type 2 diabetes (NIDDM), osteoarthritis, chronic pain and multiple operations was treated with the Electro Pressure Regeneration Therapy device. Her average Blood Sugar Level (BSL) before treatment was 9.8, and dropped to 7.4 and 7.1 after three and six months of treatment. She was treated twice weekly with the EPRT device.

Now if you think about it ,the widespread adoption of this methodology would be a huge money loser for Big Business.

It should be pointed out nothing can stop anyone from making and applying this them selves.

With the advent of dirt cheap electronics from China a automated device for less $4 could be made for sale.

Perhaps the Chinese could be contacted to make this for those who are unable to do so themselves.

Anyone out who there who is willing to do anything?

Any enthusiasts?

www.medsci.org...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If diet caused the problem, isn't it safe to assume that diet can also cure it?

Even if this microcurrent "ameliorates" diabetes and hypertension, what's keeping a person from redeveloping diabetes and hypertension? Then, the question is, what would be the long term side effects of using electrical currents to "ameliorate" a recurring issue?

No thanks. I'll stick to dietary methods.

-Dev

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme

An Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Should we look at the root cause, or just become a CYBORG so we can keep sipping our corn syrup sweetened soft drinks, with traces of mercury that go to the pancreas ?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I see that IJMS published it, but the descriptions of the device and the stuff on your other link are sorta bogus sounding.

Some of that is likely to be the fact that most doctors are pretty technology-impaired.

But when you're the manufacturer, and your main supporters are holistic medicine and TCM guys, and your ad copy is either poorly written or pseudo-sciencey, it gives me pause.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
I see that IJMS published it, but the descriptions of the device and the stuff on your other link are sorta bogus sounding.

Some of that is likely to be the fact that most doctors are pretty technology-impaired.

But when you're the manufacturer, and your main supporters are holistic medicine and TCM guys, and your ad copy is either poorly written or pseudo-sciencey, it gives me pause.

But can you not apply that kind of reasoning to any company,industry,any medical drug or what ever?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Yes! Any website that misuses basic technical terminology in describing a piece of supposed medical equipment is going to make me doubt their veracity. Especially when their primary champions are other woo-peddlers.

Grant you, sometimes it's a technically incompetent sales group that's to blame, generally when they're given free rein to do what they like over the engineering staffs' objections, but still, this sounds particularly bogus.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I read of a natural cure from a website and gave it a try..no problems here now..

I actually feel great lately..

Google the Raw family....great stuff there...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by nobodysavedme

Yes! Any website that misuses basic technical terminology in describing a piece of supposed medical equipment is going to make me doubt their veracity. Especially when their primary champions are other woo-peddlers.

Grant you, sometimes it's a technically incompetent sales group that's to blame, generally when they're given free rein to do what they like over the engineering staffs' objections, but still, this sounds particularly bogus.

So what you are saying if Einstein had published E=MC2 in the daily gossip magazine or a comic it would have been bogus.

Could you explain why drug companies spend billion on marketing and if the slick marketing improves the veracity of their claims.

Remember the very slick marketing of vioxx?

Do you even know anything about vioxx?

Who are you working for?

How does it sound bogus?

You are saying if they spend $ 1 billion on the website the claims would be true?

You are saying because they did not spend $ 1 billion the claims are bogus.

You are saying a slick website will make you any old bs.

So you saying you believe anything as long it looks slick?

Are you easily impressed by slickness?

Do you watch tv a lot?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So what you are saying if Einstein had published E=MC2 in the daily gossip magazine or a comic it would have been bogus.

If Einstein had published E=MC2 in a gossip magazine, and had said "It works by exerting electromotive pressure in a steady push, which polarizes the native life force of the body in a useful way based on TCM meridians instead of applying blows like a TENS unit", then yes, I'd likely think he was a huckster.

Could you explain why drug companies spend billion on marketing and if the slick marketing improves the veracity of their claims.

Remember the very slick marketing of vioxx?

Do you even know anything about vioxx?

I'll bet the marketing either is pure flowers and puppies like an old Claritin commercial where you get to the end and you're not really sure what the thing is supposed to do, or it's at least somewhat accurate if not very explanatory - "This works by inhibiting an enzyme involved in inflammation, COX2!".

What I wouldn't expect, and would avoid it if they did, would be for them to try some sort of new age woo-explanation - "VIOXX works by channeling the power of YANG, driven by a crystal! A blue one!"

Who are you working for?

A company that designs stuff. Likely for YOU, although you'll never see it yourself.

How does it sound bogus?

Read the study and the EPRT website. See how many technical inaccuracies you count. The bogosity is sort of a gestalt - you have to have some understanding of electronics and physics to get the total impression, I guess. They're using terminology in a way that is inappropriate and sounds like a bad episode of ST:TNG, I find that to be a red flag.

You are saying if they spend $ 1 billion on the website the claims would be true?

I'm saying that if what they were saying was technically correct, I'd have more of a tendency to think they weren't new age hucksters.

You are saying because they did not spend $ 1 billion the claims are bogus.

I'm saying if you had a clue, technically, yourself, you would read it and say "Well, that's pure crap right there". If you like EPRT's website, I'd bet you own a q-ray bracelet or the like. Or maybe you are more the sort of person who'd own the "Scalar Energy BioMagnetic Shield Pendant" from MST.

You are saying a slick website will make you any old bs.

So you saying you believe anything as long it looks slick?

Are you easily impressed by slickness?

Do you watch tv a lot?

So you are saying that you believe anything, as long as it's got lots of buzzwords you don't understand and refutes "the man" or "big pharma"?

So you are saying your science education stopped somewhere in high school, or maybe General Science Overview 101?

Are you easily impressed by buzzwords? Did you really like Geordie in ST:TNG? Get off on reversing polarity and nutating shield frequencies because the words were all sciency?

Do you own Kevin Trudeau's "health" books?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie

Should we look at the root cause, or just become a CYBORG so we can keep sipping our corn syrup sweetened soft drinks, with traces of mercury that go to the pancreas ?

[/quout]

This is not a debate about diet.

It is about reversing existing conditions.

Bedlam has been put on ignore as clearly working for Big Business and does not want little business to compete.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Bedlam has been put on ignore as clearly working for Big Business and does not want little business to compete.

Hahahahaha. I guess that's your version of "he must be one of THEM®!"

It usually shows that you aren't capable of discussing the issue on its merits. I'd run off and hide too, if I were you. And I suspect you DO have Trudeau's books, don't you? Probably the Q-ray as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by zzombie

www.mmshealthyforlife.com...

Diabetes is an epidemic in the US as it currently affects nearly one in every four people in some form. Drug companies decided to produce a pill that in no way, shape or form treats the cause of the problem.

The ONLY thing these drugs like Avandia drug does is to help lower blood glucose, which has virtually no influence on the long-term damage due to type 2 diabetes. Nearly all of the pathology is caused by elevated insulin levels, and an optimal diet and exercise program can not only remedy that but virtually cure diabetes in 100% of people who are compliant with such a program.

But the drugs does have two other major effects:

* Makes boatloads of money for the drug company
* Massively increases risk of heart disease and kills hundreds if not thousands who take it

[edit on Wed Aug 4 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I have insulin resistance, didn't know it until about 2 weeks ago. My doctor recommended dietary changes. My blood pressure with HBP medication was 145. One week after changing my diet my blood pressure dropped to 122/73. Now I bet it is even lower (haven't got the device to monitor it constantly)

Now to my point: Did the cases used as examples alter their diet along with having the electric treatment? I would bet that they did as they had the same results I did after changing my diet. Also, insulin resistance/pre-diabetes is reversible in most cases. The underlying cause seems to revert to normal conditions after awhile. Even then, I'm staying on the diet as I now have loads of energy, skin is glowing and the weight is pretty much disappearing overnight, lol, all good imho.

Just my 2 cents,

STM

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Plain and simple, eat properly and exercise and You can reverse onset type 2 diabetes. Better yet don't let yourself get to that point. I don't and won't blame big pharma for trying to help these people with a pill they would buy, that's business, I would however blame someone who gets themselves to the point of needing to be fixed, as it is totally avoidable.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting thought. Hmmmnn. But how to do it on the cheap? A 9v radio battery maybe? A couple of those stick on electrode they have at the hospital and a reversible connection to switch it around a couple of times. And a timer to switch the connection every 11.5 minutes.

Could be doable as a McGuvyer.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by ntech]

www.bodiharmoni.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Interesting thought. Hmmmnn. But how to do it on the cheap? A 9v radio battery maybe? A couple of those stick on electrode they have at the hospital and a reversible connection to switch it around a couple of times. And a timer to switch the connection every 11.5 minutes.

Could be doable as a McGuvyer.

www.bodiharmoni.com...

That is the essence of it.well done.

the pads would be bigger and may cover a larger area as stated for example wrapped around the arms or legs or broad coverage one right arm and one left leg below the knee thus encompassing most of the body.

Remember the currents involved are very small.in fact smaller current over a longer time period seem more beneficial then larger tens currents.

timer to reverse connection.yes correct.

in essence a biphasic square wave generator with a low frequency 0.0005 hertz.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Did a bit more looking with Google and didn't find much. Found that there is a company based in Australia and they sell the units as a general purpose heath and energy enhancers. Other than the email address they refer you to there doesn't appear to be any sources of their equipment. Though I would get their pricing though.

And from their website it appears that their "electrodes" are water soaked pads that wrap around the feet.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Did a bit more looking with Google and didn't find much. Found that there is a company based in Australia and they sell the units as a general purpose heath and energy enhancers. Other than the email address they refer you to there doesn't appear to be any sources of their equipment. Though I would get their pricing though.

And from their website it appears that their "electrodes" are water soaked pads that wrap around the feet.

The devices can be made very very cheaply.

for example the electronic butterfly massager cost about £3 or $5
it outputs a voltage and current from 12 to 80 volts in 10 steps and 6 modes.runs of button cells or aaa batteries.

shop.ebay.co.uk...

cgi.ebay.co.uk... _Accessories_ET&hash=item4aa2c9135e

however it is no use as it outputs a series of short pulses instead of steady d.c.

it shuts off after 12 minutes.

it does not reverse the polarity.

the reason i am telling you about this is to show how such a complex device can be made so cheaply.the lowest price one is only £2.27 !

the device used in the experiment would be very similar but would change polarity,the timer would run for 3.5 hours and the output current/voltage. would be much lower and adjustable.

look at this muscle massager similar to the butterfly massager with LCD screen....only £4 pounds or $7 !

cgi.ebay.co.uk...

includes electrodes/wires...everything!

astonishing for $7 !

that is why i am saying a mass produced device fulfilling the requirement above could be made for a few cents nowadays and worn like wristwatches or as fancy bracelets and reverse diabetes.

i understand everything people keep saying about diet and TOTALLY AGREE but very few people will do that.

1 IN 4 Americans are not going to change diet.Never ever going to happen.

This is a fact.

the production of this device could help them.

[edit on 31-7-2010 by nobodysavedme]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Out of curosity I sent for the pricing of their Bodicharger unit. They want $895!!! Thats pretty darn expensive for "quack" machinery. Not to say it's a quack but there has to be reasons why they are so much. Fears of the PTB if it actually works and becomes popular. Or

Have to look into a McGuyver instead.

I'm just thinking of 2 stainless steel pans filled with water to soak your feet in. With a 9v battery with jumper leads.

www.bodicharger.com...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ntech]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Out of curosity I sent for the pricing of their Bodicharger unit. They want $895!!! Thats pretty darn expensive for "quack" machinery. Not to say it's a quack but there has to be reasons why they are so much. Fears of the PTB if it actually works and becomes popular. Or

Have to look into a McGuyver instead.

I'm just thinking of 2 stainless steel pans filled with water to soak your feet in. With a 9v battery with jumper leads.

www.bodicharger.com...

[edit on 4-8-2010 by ntech]

that is a lot but then think you have to pay the director,the designers,the clinical trials,bank loans,capital,buildings,manufacturers...

all of which cost money.

the device does not use more $10 worth components.

i have made it using a HEF10406 HEX SCMITT TRIGGER chip which oscillates using a 220uf capacitor and 4.7 trimpot.

cost $2.

it oscillates from 0.001hertz to 500 kilohertz in 4 ranges.biphasic squarewave.

CHEAPER ONES FROM $79..

www.zapper-tech.com...

you idea is very good using buckets but you must switch your feet every 5 to 10 minutes.otherwise you may get joint pain problems.

a cheap current meter would help also.

could you post your results and what is wrong with you?

[edit on 6-8-2010 by nobodysavedme]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join