It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did an Atlanta CEO end up dead at the hands of a New Jersey cop?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This whole thing is a tragedy. Likely the truth will be never known.
It's a pity that people lie to their alleged loved ones and pursue quick illicit thrills. WHy not just come out and stop living a lie and maturely deal with the consequences. Plenty of straight behavior has repercussions too, so what the f&^k? That notwithstanding it is basically disgusting to see behavior that is offensive, in parks and in restrooms, and demonstrates an a serious undercurrent of narcissistic motivation. The overriding motivation for public display is to freak the squares in a sort of passive aggression, in a matter of immature defiant disrespect to a straight world that doesnt provide enough satisfaction. What happiness can there be in the world of coded tearoom tapping, coughs or flushes. I wont ever get over the immaturity of it.
For responsible, yet twisted adults, there are plenty of places to go to get your freak on, where those not wanting to view or participate arent forced to. The fact that one chooses intentionally to inflict themselves and their various genitalia on an unwilling and otherwise nonparticipating public is by any definition perversity and a violation of the rights of others to not become involved in private or distastefull behavior.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mordant1

I believe that there is a huge grey area between homosexuality and heterosexuality and just because a man has sex with another man, it doesn't mean that he is living a lie, as far as being gay is concerned. In fact, many men would consider themselves to be straight, yet have sex with men, solely due to their hornyness or the relative ease in finding a partner, especially if they are married.

Directly after college, I had a gay roomate who would often "date" married men and I was shocked to hear him tell me that most of these men don't even consoider themselves to be gay, rather they were just horny and looking for action.

So, are they living a lie? Sure, but no more than having an affair with another/other woman/women. I'm not sure how far the rabbit hole goes, but to me, it made sense as you see the same thing happening in the prison system. Are these men gay to where they only got married in an attempt to "stay in the closet" or are they simply looking for a peace of action and don't have the resources or effort to get anything else. I think that the latter happens far more often than the former, though I'm sure the former happens too.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I believe that there is a huge grey area between homosexuality and heterosexuality and just because a man has sex with another man, it doesn't mean that he is living a lie, as far as being gay is concerned. In fact, many men would consider themselves to be straight, yet have sex with men, solely due to their hornyness or the relative ease in finding a partner, especially if they are married.

Directly after college, I had a gay roomate who would often "date" married men and I was shocked to hear him tell me that most of these men don't even consoider themselves to be gay, rather they were just horny and looking for action.

So, are they living a lie? Sure, but no more than having an affair with another/other woman/women. I'm not sure how far the rabbit hole goes, but to me, it made sense as you see the same thing happening in the prison system. Are these men gay to where they only got married in an attempt to "stay in the closet" or are they simply looking for a peace of action and don't have the resources or effort to get anything else. I think that the latter happens far more often than the former, though I'm sure the former happens too.

--airspoon

I dont care who does what to whom, I just want them not to present that to those that dont want to see it, and I dont want to be part of it should that be the way I rock. Is that so difficult?
I been places where freaks were there to be allowed to play, but everyone there knew what the deal was. A
This is not a gay thing and I'm not being sucked into that spurious argument. It is about responsible adult behavior. At some point, when my rights to be left alone are abridged by some jerk or jerks of any gender I get to push back. That is society, what pushback is acceptable and what harm is perceived, and society is by consensus, not by decree. The absolute infantile selfishness charactoristic in most 'liberal' gay advocacy is part and parcel of their pathology and is quite avoidable and intentionally destructive to the supporting culture. I know plenty of people with alternate lifestyles, they deal with their issues at home and figure out how to get their needs met relatively responsibley without the destructiveness and toxicity that the downlow culture condones.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
othing against them doing it but surely there's better places they can do it ? Maybe make gentleman clubs for gays where they can go do their thing in privacy and free from risk of cops arresting them.

I think Airspoon answered that in his post. They are often married, and feel the need to hide what they are, often for employment, or religious reasons.

Honestly, I think if we would end discrimination, more of them would just come out of the closet and not have to be sneaky and use public parks.

He was in the south, where homophobia is perfected to an art form. And racism is still pretty prevalent too, much more so than anywhere I have ever lived before. I have had conversations with neighbors I thought were pretty reasonably intelligent people and had them literally foam at the mouth over homosexuals, and I have also heard the N word used by whites in the racist way more in the couple months I have lived here in Tennessee than I have heard in the entirety of my life prior to that.

Context matters. There are some serious racists still roaming around in the South. And the religion thing is way different down here than it is any where else I have ever lived. Very aggressive, very much "eliminate what we dont like." I dont have any problem envisioning a black homosexual (or any homosexual, but his being black too just makes it all too easy) getting shot propositioning a man with a gun and "Jesus" in his heart, in the south. I dont think he would have had to resist much at all to push someone so inclined to decide deadly force was a good idea.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Apparently, you do care, according to the above statement that I was referring to:

WHy not just come out and stop living a lie and maturely deal with the consequences. Plenty of straight behavior has repercussions too, so what the f&^k?

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mordant1

I dont care who does what to whom, I just want them not to present that to those that dont want to see it, and I dont want to be part of it should that be the way I rock. Is that so difficult?.................................................................
At some point, when my rights to be left alone are abridged by some jerk or jerks of any gender I get to push back.

Well now you understand how women feel when they file sexual harassment suits. The harassment doesnt have to be groping you, or raping you, or something "obvious" to everyone else to make you feel pretty violated, does it? All it has to be is unwanted, and happening without your consent and against your wishes to be left alone.

Just sayin.' Women have had to put up with this kind of predatory sexual behavior for a long, long time. And when they do "push back" they often get more grief, and they arent out shooting the people who proposition them. (usually)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

RACISM RACISM RACISM!!! YADDA YADDA YADDA
I'm sick of it. YOU DO NOT GET TO PASS JUDGMENT on either a nation or single person that you dont know. YOu dont get a pass, you do not get priority, you do not know the facts and you are not open to be objective, clearly. You are not qualified by way of education. and nobody needs to give obesiance to your imagined interpretation. THere are more than just your option. And YOur unfounded stereotype is so hackney'd and so counter intuitive given crime statistics as to be laughable.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I think most sexual harassment cases are frivolous. Men and women are supposed to be sexually attracted and according to society, it is the man who is supposed to make the advances. Now, we live in an atmosphere where a man can go to jail or be sued for making an advancement on the opposite sex. Since when is it offensive for a man to suggest that he likes a woman, or even vice versa? Is this not how our species propagates?

This is crazy. If you are offended at that, maybe you shouldn't be around other humans. Now, I could see if you make your advances physical, but a verbal advance or otherwise non-physical advance is not pushing it too far according to nature.

Furthermore, we have to look at the current "sexual harassment" craze from a liberty standpoint. Where does your liberty begin and the liberty of someone else end? To take offense to something, simply doesn't cut it. I'm offended by all kinds of things but that doesn't mean that these things should be banned, because where would you draw the line? For instance, I'm offended when someone doesn't hire me when I apply for a job, does this mean that they should be forced to hire me?

In fact, your liberties should only end when they impede on the liberties of someone else and only then.

--airspoon

[edit on 23-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jimstradamus

You know, your post made me reread the article, and I think there is a real possibility that this was a flat out execution.

It IS odd that Mr Cop would go back after a long night of rounding up gays for his "lost handcuffs."

And it IS odd that he says the guy was both masturbating and propositioning him at the same time, and that he was only approached when bending over.

Further, it IS odd that Mr Gaymon was shot once in the chest while running away.

You know, it really does make me suspicious that the whole story may have been a fabrication, except perhaps for the proposition part. And it does make me suspect Mr. Cop went back to that park hoping to kill off some homosexual after a long night of being propositioned by them. The cops story seems awfully contrived and designed to make Mr. Cop seem as vulnerable and endangered as possible.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Personally I have no problem at all with the police shooting people who sit masturbating in a public park without any need for further interaction, warning, or social discourse.

Requiring them to get into a physical alteraction with the officer is just so much red tape.

George Michael - you have been warned.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You clearly have never been in a divorce court, or you'd not pull those rusty chestnuts about harrassment outcher adz. So, you reduce all white men to a perjorative? How like your kind. You need their money so you give them an honest trial and hang every one. Typical of an intellectual fraud.
You dont seem to demonstrate capacity for thinking past stereotypes, either pro or con, value given simply on the basis if they get you off or not.
Are rhere any out there that do more than pass gudgment based on groupthinK? Making concrete conclusions without all the evidnece is what children do, becaseu they simply want to find justification for their fantasies, not deal with realities.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by jimstradamus

The cops story seems awfully contrived and designed to make Mr. Cop seem as vulnerable and endangered as possible.

At least he hasn't gone for the "Twinkie" defense ,yet.
If push comes to shove, I'm sure the "Ewww! I just freaked when he hit on me" defense will come into play.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Personally I have no problem at all with the police shooting people who sit masturbating in a public park without any need for further interaction, warning, or social discourse.

Requiring them to get into a physical alteraction with the officer is just so much red tape.

George Michael - you have been warned.

True dat! It's not like there should be some confusion about it's appropriateness. Unfortunately the only capital crime that's acceptable by the libs is to be a christian white male wishing only to be left alone on his own property seeking self sufficiency.
The left is addicted to self righeous anger at others, with no standards for themselves

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I think most sexual harassment cases are frivolous. Men and women are supposed to be sexually attracted and according to society, it is the man who is supposed to make the advances.

Are you attracted to everyone of the opposite sex equally? Im not.

Now, we live in an atmosphere where a man can go to jail or be sued for making an advancement on the opposite sex. Since when is it offensive for a man to suggest that he likes a woman, or even vice versa? Is this not how our species propagates?

Homosexual advances from other animals is common in many species, and could be construed as "natural" too. Most dogs who dont like it seem to just shake off their "humper" and move on. Maybe straight men should do the same and stop making unwarranted complaints about the trauma they feel when they are propositioned or looked at like a "hot dog." Lol.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think everything that it pawned off as sexual harassment actually is. I am just saying those who feel "violated' by unwanted homosexual attention enough to want to "push back against it" should have some insight into how females feel when they are experiencing the same phenomenon.

By the logic you use, you could also justify rape, isnt that how the species propagates? But its not, and we understand that. Most of us. Because "unwanted" matters in the equation. I dont personally know any female who has ever complained about a guy asking her out, rebuffing the person, and having it end there. I DO know women who have complained about being asked out, rebuffing the person, and having the person continue, and also making sexual comments about her after she made it clear she wasnt interested.

It should be the same for men. If a man approaches you, just smile and say "no thanks." I have seen guys do that. But some people are saying even the gays looking at them in certain ways are too much to bear. Get over it. If they arent touching you and hounding you, you are whining for nothing. (Not you personally, but in general)

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Hey sailor, we meet again it seems. Gosh I hope that my difficulty with finding public sex in a public park acceptable doesnt mean we cant be civil.
As it is I could possibly be in some freaky pics on the net somewhere by accident and not by our permission, but it wasnt where anyone was gonna be offended or disrupted by it.
Breeders is kinda funny about their kids however.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I have been divorced. And I had the most assets. And I had to give up half of what I had to get out of the marriage. Your point is? Im the dummy who got married, and thats the way the system works. I sure as hell dont cry about it. It was worth every penny of it. Live and learn. I doubt I will do that again, but I dont pretend that there is no cost for my own actions.

Clearly have never been in a divorce court, or you'd not pull those rusty chestnuts about harrassment outcher adz.

If you are going to be all brave and cuss, just cuss. The word is "ass." Dont be a sissy when you are trying to be tough. It doesnt work well.

So, you reduce all white men to a perjorative? How like your kind. You need their money so you give them an honest trial and hang every one.

What pejorative did I use, what is my "kind" and what makes you think I need anyones money, besides my own? I have been the main money earner in every relationship I have ever been in, and I am a saver, not a spender, so I am doing just fine, tyvm. I have never collected unemployment, (I use my savings) and I paid my own way through school, never missed a mortgage payment, own my vehicle outright, and have no debt. All my own money. Earned the good old fashioned way and maintained with conservative spending and investing. None inherited, none awarded in a divorce settlement. See? When you make ass-umptions, you make an ass out of yourself.

Making concrete conclusions without all the evidnece is what children do, becaseu they simply want to find justification for their fantasies, not deal with realities.

You mean like straight guys who assume that every gay man wants them? That every gay man who happens to look at them wants to hit it? Lol. You must be a fine piece of man meat for that to be reality. Or maybe you are just delusional.

Edit to fix a quote

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hey sailor, we meet again it seems. Gosh I hope that my difficulty with finding public sex in a public park acceptable doesnt mean we cant be civil.
As it is I could possibly be in some freaky pics on the net somewhere by accident and not by our permission, but it wasnt where anyone was gonna be offended or disrupted by it.
Breeders is kinda funny about their kids however.

What would make you think I'm not averse to public sex, gay or straight?
I'll even take the poster above's logic a step further.
The next time I see some thirteen year old copping a feel from his girlfriend while I'm trying to enjoy a movie, I fully expect an officer to put a bullet in his head. After all, it's a public place. And I did pay $12.50.

See how the punishment doesn't fit the crime?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Actually, the "hey, Sailor" is somewhat of a running joke with Mordant1.
Despite appearances, I've spoken with him and have never been treated with anything but respect. His expectations of behavior are consistent between gay and straight. Though his wit can be a little brutal, I still appreciate the lack of a double standard on that issue.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by 23refugee]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I see we are both adept to hyperbole. In actual fact the social acceptability of adult behavior is consensus. I will say that there are adjustments to be made for age, place and experience.
Coping a feel is something that all of us breeders all go through, so if all were killed at the time of first occurance then none of those batting for the other team would ever be born. Does that somehow equate to a general positive to the other oriented?
Is is part of which agenda to equate normal behavior as equally valid and beneficial where an allegedly responsible and educated adult is sitting in the open flogging the bishop as a public service and in some form his right of free expression? Sorry, this is abnormal in any reconning and while social retribution is likely to represent a range of options, if it were my kid that had to see some high as a kite mfer of any oritentation beating it like a rented mule, I could foresee a variety of reactions, some indeed more severe than others depending of associated behavior and perceived threat.
I'm unaware of any country on the planet where public pee pee pulling is considered commendable of even suitable for public display. Is there any reason to change that?

[edit on 23-7-2010 by mordant1]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
A poor analogy on my part intended to highlight the folly of an overly authoritarian response to public sexual behavior. Sadly, young girls do get a bullet to the head for letting someone cop a feel, even here in the west. None of these mistakes are worthy of a death sentence.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join