It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did an Atlanta CEO end up dead at the hands of a New Jersey cop?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

How did an Atlanta CEO end up dead at the hands of a New Jersey cop?

rawstory.com

The ACLU and gay rights groups in New Jersey are calling for an independent investigation into the shooting death of an Atlanta bank CEO during a raid of a New Jersey park last Friday.

The police say the shooting was a lone officer's response to being physically threatened; the CEO's family dispute that claim, and civil liberties groups suspect anti-gay sentiment may have played a factor in the police raid.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

“The plainclothes officer was bending down to retrieve his handcuffs,” Mr. Laurino said, “when he was approached by Mr. Gaymon, who was engaged in a sexual act at the time.” Words were exchanged that the prosecutor said “would lead one to believe that” Mr. Gaymon was propositioning the officer.

“The officer pulled out his badge, identified himself as a police officer and informed Mr. Gaymon that he was under arrest,” Mr. Laurino said. Then, he said, Mr. Gaymon shoved the officer to the ground and ran, ignored the officer’s demands to stop, and repeatedly threatened to kill the officer if he approached. The officer cornered Mr. Gaymon beside a pond and tried to handcuff him, Mr. Laurino said, but again Mr. Gaymon resisted.

“Mr. Gaymon reached into his pocket and lunged at the officer in an attempt to disarm the officer,” Mr. Laurino said. The officer, “fearing for his life,” the prosecutor said, shot Mr. Gaymon once, and he died at the hospital three hours later.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

At first glance, it would clearly seem that the officer is lying through his teeth, however on further thought, it wouldn't seem so obvious.

There is no telling what a man might do when caught in such a comprimising position as cruising for gay sex at a public park, especially when that man is "in the closet" with a family to include kids. At that very moment, he must be thinking that his life as he knows it, is over and a flurry of irrational behavior could easily be expected.

With that being said, this does not make the officer's account true, rather it just makes it not seem like such an obvious lie. If the police officer was white, get ready for this to be turned into a racial issue and irregardless of whether the cop is telling the truth or not, he'll surely pay for this. The family is going to do whatever it takes to save the heterosexual image of their loved one and if that includes destroying an innocent man's life in the process, so be it. If the cop is guilty, then he deserves to be lynched, though if the variables mentioned above aren't met, then he surely won't be held accountable.

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This may be another case of "suicide by cop". When he returned to Atlanta (after a conventional arrest) he would be supported by members of his "community" but he would be Dead Man Walking in the banking world. Seeing his entire life circling the drain, I can see him rushing the cop.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I doubt it was suicide by cop, and I doubt he told the officer he was going to kill him too. More likely its part true, and part a lie.

Ie; the guy really did proposition the cop, and the cop tried to arrest him, the guy resisted because of his position, (though probably not much) and the cop decided to shoot him because he didnt like gays and there were no witnesses.

Just my opinion, of course, but I think its part a lie, part the truth, and no matter how you slice it, the guy didnt deserve to be killed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yeah, I some-what agree. Isn't it always part true and part lie? With that being said, I'm sure a banking CEO with a wife and kids who is cruzing a public park for sex with unknown men is not going to take a confrentation lightly. He is going to be scared, surprised, worried and sad all at the same time.

When you watch that show, "To Catch a Predator" on Dateline NBC, you see the same thing with the men of status, such as the Rabbi, Doctors and school teachers, only not as intense as the suspects have a little time to digest what's going on. So take this incident and compare it with those others, only multiplied a couple of times and I could surely see a confrentation with the cop.

Now, I have no doubt that the cop is exaggerating his story, as to give himself the best odds at beating the case.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's really scary seeing that if there are no witnesses, the cops wouldn't even hesitate to kill a CEO.
I would think that the CEO would be like the first person to survive a cop encounter!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When it read that the CEO's name was Mr. GAYmon I thought it was some kind of joke, ....

sadly I am mistaken.

Here is my take on things. The cop, .... off duty, went to the park to look for a lover, When Mr. Gaymon refused his advances, the cop snapped into an uncontrollable rampage, he would not be denied tonight.

He showed his badge and cuff's and tried to arrest Mr. Gaymon, who thought this man was obviously out of his mind, ... so he ran, and was eventually shot.

Reports don't tell the whole story.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Gay Bank CEO?

We need more cops like him.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

Your screen name is ironic.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's very difficult to judge exactly what a persons reaction might be when dragged forcibly from the closet.
From what I've seen, they're initially devastated and then somewhat relieved.
If he had led a different life, maybe a bit more physical or violent, I'd find it easier to believe the officer's version.
I know I'm judging a book by it's cover, but I can't see that CEO threatening anyone's life.
Yes, his lies were exposed, but he was soliciting sex from consenting adults, not facing charges for child molestation.
People bounce back from being outed all the time.
As for the officer, he had no idea he was dealing with anything other than what he viewed as a typical gay.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by taskforce4256
This may be another case of "suicide by cop".

Doubtful.

He tried to escape which means that he didn't want to be arrested of course and at that point the officer couldn't have known his identity. Most likely he wanted to save his reputation. Him telling the officer he was "going to kill him" also seems suspicious.

“The plainclothes officer was bending down to retrieve his handcuffs,” Mr. Laurino said, “when he was approached by Mr. Gaymon, who was engaged in a sexual act at the time.” Words were exchanged that the prosecutor said “would lead one to believe that” Mr. Gaymon was propositioning the officer.

Allegedly propositioning an undercover officer for sex while ALREADY engaged in a "sex-act" is the height of over indulgence.

What an odd story.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Sounds to me like he went to the wrong gay park at the wrong time and got shot.

Not that being in a gay park should cost you your life, but we have a local park that has become popular for gay trists and I personally wouldn't step one foot in there after dark, too many criminals, crazy shiz goes on in there at night. This guy, CEO or not, was in a dangerous situation when he got there, and we don't know what actually transpired, you never know, he may have threatened that he had a weapon, or many other scenarios.

edit to add: just went back and read the rest of the article, I was right.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by space cadet]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I love the irony of bankers name and without being narrow minded he looks like a typical gay person from his picture!

I can buy the story of the CEO in the closet fearing being outed due to criminal charges (he's a CEO so it would be a big tabloid story) and doing whatever he could to get away from the cop because he fears his life will be ruined.

That being said the guy is a CEO surely he could have afforded a hotel room instead of going into the park to do whatever it was he wanted to do ?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Gay cruising is done by all types, all of the time. I don't know how many times I have been to a beautiful park, only to have a bunch of men staring at me with a smirk on their face like a queer in a hotdog factory. Apparently, gay cruising is popular with the married types who want to have quick sex with a man, but without their wives finding out.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gays or even gay sex in a public park, if only that park could be designated for that purpose only. I believe in personal liberty and if it isn't hurting me, they should have the liberty to do whatever it is they want to do, to include gay sex in a public park. These days, before taking my children to a new park, I have to scout it out to make sure it is not a cruising spot for horny men, to where my kids will see something that will make them ask questions I don't know how to answer.

Why didn't he just get a hotel? Simple, because he was new in town, doesn't know other gay men to hook up and apparently it is much easier to just go to a cruising spot and pick out your partner for a quickie.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I really do not like the idea of paying police to visit gay cruising spots trying to appear like they might be interested in some adult activity. There are so many more beneficial activities these cops can do then try to catch someone in a park propositioning them. How is that illegal anyway, if no money is exchanged, and no citizen complained?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I have nothing against them doing it but surely there's better places they can do it ? Maybe make gentleman clubs for gays where they can go do their thing in privacy and free from risk of cops arresting them.

The whole gay cruising thing just seems weird that they all gather in parks, is it similar to dogging ?

As for being new in town, there's plenty "find someone online to hook up in the real world for sex" websites out there he could have used and it's probably safer than meeting some random in park at night.

His death could have been avoided, I feel sorry for his family and friends who not only have to deal with his death but the fact he lied to them about his sexuality as well

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So Gayman pushes plainclothes cop and runs.
Repeatedly threatening to kill plainclothes cop if he approached.

Both at the same time ?

Threatening to kill while running away is a little strange to me.

Anyone here had the opportunity to evade cops on foot before ? You may agree there isnt much time for anything but running.
Although Gayman did get caught.

Was plainclothes cop on duty ?
Was plainclothes cops duty in Gayville ?
Where was plainclothes cops backup ?

A one man raid

[edit on 23-7-2010 by jimstradamus]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Odd story..

All I can see is there are only two people that know the truth and one aint talking anymore!!

Why do cops always seem to shoot to kill???
Surely a leg shot would have worked.
I didnt see it mentioned the CEO was armed..

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Odd story..

Gayman is engaged in a sexual act and approaching plainclothes cop at the same time.

Plainclothes cop is bent over in the middle of Gayville playing with his handcuffs at the time.

Odd is right !!!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
How I wish this man's name had been Mr. Downlow instead.

Even amongst the morally corrupt gays, there is a stigma attached to cruising in parks. Think about all those men that make people uncomfortable with their sexual antics in public. Do all of them fit the stereotype of the effeminate gay? Are the parking lots full of purple PT Cruisers sporting a rainbow flag?

While I can empathize with this man and pity his death, he is first and foremost a liar.We're discussing him because of double life and the spectacular way in which it was exposed.

I think it's only fair to differentiate his behavior from that of others, those that wish to lead a "moral", monogamous, legally recognized lifestyle.

I, personally, am somewhat disappointed that the ACLU and several gay rights groups have chosen to use the limelight cast on this incident to reveal the questionable treatment of other, less high profile homosexuals by police in the area.
I guess you have to show the worst carwrecks to get a stop sign installed.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by 23refugee]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join