It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Howard Sterns Last Year?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I have been a loyal Howard Stern fan for 20 years. I have listened to Jackie self destruct... I listened to the rise and fall of Artie Lang. I was there when Fred met his wife...... I was there to hear Sal the stockbroker prove just how dumb he really is. Sam Kinison/Gilbert/Chris Rock/Norm and last but not least Lampanelli and all of the greats used his show for a platform... I have allot of time and laughter invested in the Stern show.

I have to say that the Stern show has been a very large part of my life. The Stern show is the only thing I have consistantly dedicated an hour or more to daily, for more than half of my life.

He left terrestrial radio because our Govt. saw fit to twist and skew our 1st ammedment rights. They took Janet Jacksons nipple incident and trained their guns on Stern... The Govt. decided to dictate to all of us, what is decent...

The FCC held up all future radio station purchases by the company that Stern worked for. The FCC lost all attempts in court, to prove that Stern had broke any rules or laws.

So they resorted to extortion.. They held up the purchase of said radio stations until they made a 1.7 Million dollar "donation"

Pathetic!!!!!

Howard moved to Sirius on January 9, 2006 for a reported 500 Million for 5 years.
This contract is up this January.Will this be the end of a long time friendship? I would like to use this thread to find out, who listens? How long? And most importantly........ Is this the end?

Do you listen to the Stern show? Did you ?
What is your favorite moment?
Who is your favorite on air personality?
Does Eric the Midget get under your skin like he does mine?

I hope there are others on here... that love the show as much as I do.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
that would suck badly howard stern is awesome

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I thought he died years ago.

Is his show still just random nonsense for hours and hours?

Can't say I ever thought he was entertaining or even made it through a single show but nobody deserves to be beaten and harassed by their government.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I can honestly say that I hope this is his last year, lol.

No offense intended, but i've always found the guy to be rather annoying. His show definitely has it's good points, but I always end up feeling like i'm losing IQ points after listening for too long. Gotta admit, he's made one hell of a mark though!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I am suprised to hear anyone talk about "the only living god".. If you were a fan of the show and knew the amount of work that goes into that show...

The stern show is like a daily play, that is meant to sound spontaneous. The talent on the Stern show will be the new generation of Big wigs in the entertainment industry.

The members of the show.. from Scott the engineer to Gary his producer have been the true innovators of our time... They are unheard of now, because they are dwarfed by the Stern show. They are held in a very high reguard in the entertainment industry.

Did you know in 91/92 Howard did "Butt Bongo Fiesta" in 3D... Talk about ahead of your time... I know it wasn't "ahead" of its time.. But try pulling that off on a radio DJ budget in the early 90's.

Hate him and insult the show all you want... He is a radio genius!~period

Some people might not like all of his humor... But if you can not find a grain of humor in the show, IMO you don't have a sense of humor... Or have the sense of humor of my 90 year old grandma.

"I thought he died years ago" ... wow... Do you get out much? Just to prove a point that I have made mentally...

Can I please get a rough age of you that think he is dead and or not relevant and not funny? I will not be rude.. But IMO.. older people dont have the same sense of humor as the younger generations...

I really wish just fans would respond... I dont want to argue his humor or relevance....

The fact that he has more listeners than any radio host in history... Makes my case for me. The fact that a company saw fit to pay him 500 million for 5 years proves my point.. Said company didn't do it for personal intrest... They did it because they would make it back in Ad revenue and subscribers.

So back to my questions..
Favorite moment?
Favorite cast member (yes it is a play, played out every day .. )
Who do you hate and why?
Will you cancel your Sirius subscription if he goes? I know I will...

[edit on 22-7-2010 by Mobius1974]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
He will negotiate for fewer days a week, so he'll be on 3 days a week...and maybe for more money! If he goes so does my subscription!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
I am suprised to hear anyone talk about "the only livi
"I thought he died years ago" ... wow... Do you get out much? Just to prove a point that I have made mentally...

Can I please get a rough age of you that think he is dead and or not relevant and not funny? I will not be rude.. But IMO.. older people dont have the same sense of humor as the younger generations...

I'm 30. What's that worth?

I remember when he first came on the air. I and my friends just figured it was something that alcoholic construction workers listened to while on one of their 35 mandatory union breaks during the day.

Well, perhaps I should say came on the air in my market. Obviously I wouldnt have been listening at the age of 5.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Scary as heck.....
2nd line

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

wow... I don't have anything to say to that... I thought this site was to deny ignorance... Not promote it , then admit to it openly... Geesh.. There is nothing of substance for you to see here.. Nice meeting you.. Have a nice day!

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I am suprised to hear anyone talk about "the only livi

I'm 30. What's that worth?

I remember when he first came on the air. I and my friends just figured it was something that alcoholic construction workers listened to while on one of their 35 mandatory union breaks during the day.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

So at 5 years old, you were listening to the stern show... I see the problems here..Product of poor parenting.

Did you listen while you were at school? On the school bus?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Howard made a few comments this week. He stated that his "perfect situation" would be less days a week and a later start....

I can not believe that more ATSers dont listen to Stern.

Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I can not believe that more ATSers dont listen to Stern.

I use to listen to Howard, but I'm not going to pay to listen to him. I had the Howard Stern Channel on my cable network for a year, but canceled it because it always lacked new content.

Hopefully, if/when he retires from radio, he will move on to making a few movies. Private Parts was brilliant! Loved Paul Giamatti's role as Kenny "Pig Vomit" Rushton.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

WNNNNNNNNNBC
2nd line

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
i hope he leaves sattilite radio and comes back to earth. i havent heard him since 2006 when he went to sattilite

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RaiderJose

You need to get satelite.... The show is easily 10X better now..
I have been listening for 20 years.. It is Phenominal now!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I think he lost the plot about 10 years ago.

Someone on here said, is that the pointless show that is just a few hours of nonsense? Or words to that effect.

Yip, you are right, that's the Howard Stern show.

Don't worry, fans of the Stern will no doubt find him on Fox News with his own show sooner or later.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

Lost the plot? Please explain that sentence.... The one and only "god" Howard Stern and the apostles Fred/Robin and bababooyeee.

Watch... Howard leaves sirius.... Sirius stocks .05c

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Okay a few classic Howard Stern momments:

Anyhow, I started listening to Howard back in the mid 80's in NY when he was on the local radio after WNBC...WPLJ I think it was...not sure anymore...
I LOVED listening to Howard every morning on my way to work and at work..Crackhead Bob, Studdering John, Beetlejiuce, etc etc, the show was the best thing on radio, and his show, wether the haters believe it or not, broke ground for all the other shock jocks out there, he was the first to do it all.
My alltime favorite show will be the 9/11 show, he just let callers call in an vent, cry and express anger over what happened. He should have won an award for that show.
Despite what people say, he is a true American.
I havent listened since he went to satellite because i simply cant afford it, but if he comes back to reg radio i will be there listening everyday

LONG LIVE BAABAABOOEY!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Howard is on air putting the squeeze on the Sirius execs..... I will wager a case of beer that they lose 50k+ subsriptions in the first 2 weeks. American beer of course!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am a loyal fan and listener, I go back to the public access days when I lived in Old Lyme, CT. I hope Howard stays but then really its the choice of SiruisXM and Stern himself. SiriusXM is a different beast now that Sirius and XM merged, based on a gut feeling from looking at all the debt the company carries I would say, no, there would not be the same contract of 500m, however, something smaller could happen. Even based on how many people would stop paying if he left, me included, you can not get the board to pass that high of a pay out to just one talent. If you follow Howard, this is the same thing he is talking about from time to time, only doing a couple days, or coming in late for only a couple hours a day. If he does not sign with SiriusXM again and goes to the internet or some other venue other than FCC controlled then I am all for it and would watch or listen whatever the case. The third option could happen as well, he retires, the guy has made his money and can live fat for the rest of his life, why go on? would you?

I hope if he does not retire he would do another form of radio, perhaps over the internet, or an itunes download. Since the merger I have been very dissappointed with the way the stations are going to the top 5 of the list over and over, even the "live" stations play the same 5-10 live songs over and over again all day,week,month,year. I would like to stop paying for all the useless stations, it seems like it is getting to be cable tv format all over again with a bunch of terrible stations and the two good ones you watch all the time.......

Peace and Love,
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BABABOOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join