It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of the present russian weapons !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hello every one

I just want to discuss the future waiting the presnt russian weapons , as we all know most of these weaponsa was devloped in the former USSR , in the time were they have the cash fluid to fund there researches and developments

all of these wepons are mostly effective at now dayes , but what about 20 or 30 years ahead ?!

these weaponsa well be scrambels in my opinion!! specially in aviation !!

so , do you think that the russian technology will survive agenst the USA weapons and with the up rising european technology , with just a littel fundation ?!

Or do you think that the other sides will stop pumping a huge budgets for developing military equipment and there will be no huge jumps in the military technology as we had seen in the cold war period , and these technologyes will still be effective after 20 years ?!

and who could give us the budget of the Defence Ministry of russia in the past 5 years ?! and the russian military production ?!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think the Russia's current weapons will become obsolete and that unless they find the money to fund new research their military power will go down even more than now and the US is increasing its research and development in all fields due to terrorists and other factors we already spend 258billion a year and rising on our military compared with the russian 50 billion.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I imagine that the current Russian weapons will once again end up in some third world country like Afghanistan controled by terrorists. Yeah , like I am way out of line. Happened once.

Afghanistan , how do you get your butt whipped by Afghanistan ?

Nutzo

[edit on 17-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Every Anti-Russian people are welcome here.

Well it was started by someone with no idea about Russian tech.

Out,
Russian

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Every Anti-Russian people are welcome here.

Well it was started by someone with no idea about Russian tech.

Out,
Russian

we are only telling the truth if you cant handle it the dont say anything!
and why dont u enlighten us about russian tech which is 20 years behind US tech.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
enlighten us about russian tech which is 20 years behind US tech.

I will enlighten you about russian technology which is 40 years ahead of US

Quantum Electrodynamics, Scalar Electromagnetics (aka Quantum Potential Weapons)

As Claimed by: Tom Bearden
Lieutenant Colonel U.S. Army (Retired). President and Chief Executive Officer, CTEC, Inc. MS Nuclear Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology. BS Mathematics, Northeast Louisiana University. Graduate of Command & General Staff College, U.S. Army. Graduate of Guided Missile Staff Officer's Course, U.S. Army (equivalent to MS in Aerospace Engineering). Numerous electronic warfare and counter-countermeasures courses.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
IF Russia had superior technology to the United States they would be capitalizing on it at this very moment for any financial gains they could secure. Since (if they have it) they are not doing this, they are apparently bound by a double edge sword. A. Sell technology to the West for lots of money allowing the West to refine it and us it against mother Russia. or B. Do not sell technology to the West, do not get money, do not pass go, technology stays in infant stage of R/D because no money to develop and exploit the technology. Hence no super weapons for Russia, no High Tech 40 years ahead production aircraft or weapon.

Sure Russia may have some pretty cool stuff on the drawing board, even great minds like Tesla came from Eastern Europe. But without the financial stamina to Fund, Develope or Produce. Well then its just a nice concept that presents not one threat to the US.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
its KGB, FBR or whatever its name is (in Russia) who controll them. Thats why i think Putin wants to take a hand of KGB.

New York Times, January 15th, 1960:

and it WAS used on US since 1960s and is still in use today

you say its a double edged sword - yes, in a way. Other countries have those weapons... so, there goes our new kind of M.A.D. Other country (as far as i think, its israel) threatens to wipe russians away from face of earth if they use this weapon against US.

it seems like you arent familiar with this technology, so i recommend reading Fer De Lance (year 2002)

[edit on 19-6-2004 by titus]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Titus its no point of arguing with these people.

They are very closed minded and will counter everything you say with some kind of bs.

Also look at what they say cough "WestPoint23" cough.

Even look who started it.

Out,
Russian

[edit on 17-6-2004 by Russian]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
But it was only a few days ago a Russian general was pleading for more military spending to maintain the forces. He did not get the money. Even if Russian firms inside Russia are developing new weapons it does not mean that the Russian military is going to buy them.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
But it was only a few days ago a Russian general was pleading for more military spending to maintain the forces. He did not get the money. Even if Russian firms inside Russia are developing new weapons it does not mean that the Russian military is going to buy them.

true

military dont have to buy them. KGB will do the job for them,
KBG OWNS THOSE WEAPONS

jet, remember...
Quantum Weapons Makes ALL Conventional weapons, forces etc. obsolete
now, here is reason why they dont have to build up conventional military

[edit on 17-6-2004 by titus]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Russia doesn't have the money to fund recearch into new weapons that is a fact. why is that so hard for you to understand your armed forces are not as good as they were before the collapse of the USSR you still have the mentality like this is the cold war we won the cold war and your country fell in to an economic depression which it still hasn't recovered from

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Russia doesn't have the money to fund recearch into new weapons that is a fact.

sorry, the fact is that research is already done, and weapons deployed in 1960-1980s

you just hate russian tech, dont you

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by titus

Russia doesn't have the money to fund recearch into new weapons that is a fact.

sorry, the fact is that research is already done, and weapons deployed in 1960-1980s

you just hate russian tech, dont you

russian tech dosent stand a chance against US tech so theres nothing to hate

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Russia is having less and less control over weapons development. Now it is private organizations doing most of the development and they want to export it all.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
What about Chinese /Soviet collaboration on weapon development? The Chinese are obviously in a better position to finance a program.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A recent article:

Russia's military chief of staff made an impassioned plea Thursday for greater defense spending and argued that the 2005 budget now being approved by the government was leaving the military in the cold.
General Anatoly Kvashnin said current spending would leave the country's largely unreformed Soviet-era military in a state of crisis and demanded more cash -- a common call made from the top of Russia's military command.

"The current draft budget will not give us a chance to raise the level of our national security and will leave the military in its current state of crisis," Kvashnin was quoted as saying by the RIA Novosti news agency.

Defense spending in the current draft budget is put at 895 billion rubles (31 billion dollars, 26 billion euros) -- or just under a third of all forecast national spending for next year.

Military spending was increased by just under 20 percent in ruble terms from 2004. But the figure still represents less than one tenth of that spent by Moscow's Cold War era rival Washington.

Kvashnin's lobbying efforts did not appear to succeed Thursday as the government gave preliminary approval to next year's budget without announcing any major changes.

His position -- which he has held since 1997 -- has also slipped in rank as President Vladimir Putin looks for his own personal allies to reform the ailing armed forces.

The chiefs of staff last week were stripped of much of their responsibility and made largely subordinate to the Russian defense ministry now headed by Putin's close ally and friend Sergei Ivanov.

Kvashnin has not commented publicly on the budget decision. He and Ivanov have been fighting for control over army spending in recent years.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InterceptorKnight
What about Chinese /Soviet collaboration on weapon development? The Chinese are obviously in a better position to finance a program.

Yes, red china has those, so do brazil and japanese mafia, maybe france too, with Russia as a top one

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

russian tech dosent stand a chance against US tech so theres nothing to hate

hahaha... LOL,
American DOESNT STAND A CHANCE AGAINST This one

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Bloody extremest Mr.Russian

Be sure that I don't hold any hate agints russia in any way !! Infact I usually stand in the defender position for russia espesielly when it comes to weapons and technology , so don't distribute accusations on people randomly !!

and we are hear talking about (reality) and prospecting the future of these deadly massive weapons !!

Note that I am not going to kick you out of my thread as you did ,beacuse I am open minded and far a way from being an extremest as you

Ok , Returning to the subject

thank you all for posting your opinions , and I found a wonderful article about the russian Defence budget from the mid 80's until 2003

www.globalsecurity.org...

And I have couple of qustions :

who knowes the russian competitor for the F-22 fighter ?!

and does the russian air force have any kind of Stealth fighter or bomber ?!

<<   2  3 >>

join