It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of the present russian weapons !!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Russia is still devloping some nice weapons one example is the AN-94 rifle one of the most advanced rifles made for any army but is this weapon going to be in any russian soldiers hands any time soon? Nope they dont have the money to produce them to replace there AK-74s. They still have some great weapon devlopers over there but the lack of money really doesnt make it easy on them.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Westpoint, as is almost always the case, I disagree with you.

Russia has shown their capability to have a top of the line military research program in whatever they want. True they have limited capitol, but they are doing things with their money that the United States could only dream of.

Some Examples:

The Mig MAPO (First plane designed to go head to head with the F22 and win hands down)

The S 37 Berkut (The most original fighter concept flown by any country in years)

The 3rd generation Erkronoplan family (Ground Effect Aircraft, the US has NOTHING like this at all)

Next Generation Tactical Nuclear Weapons (Granted that some Americans want to build some too but it'll never pass Congress)

Space Based gen-6 starfighters (On the drawing boards now)

Plasmatic Shielding (Russians have it, United States wants it)

About the Plasmatic Shielding: The University of Wisconsin got a grant from the government to try the idea out, they ended up creating a plasma explosion that destroyed the entire lab area and nearly sucked dry the campus nuclear reactor. Sounds like America is still a little bit lagging on this tech.

Russia may not be a superpower anymore, but they are innovating like one. Look for their tech to be shared with countries like China, India and the EU as they grow in power over the next few years.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
astral all those weapons that you mentioned are either experimental or not seeing production or just drawings and if you want to talk about experimental project the US has an endless supply of them.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
But Russia tanks are best in world. Our armor on tank in tens of yime beter then USA.!

Also do you want to stand near by this thing?

Next russian rockets land-air are the best.
And what about russian plain an-225, that USA dream about.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
is that an armored katyusha?

E_T

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Just about this situation in Russia.
It's true that they have lot of geat scientists, but their state doesn't really have much money, when communism collapsed bigshots took moneys to themself.

Also communism based pretty much to deceit and lie, which legacy showed very well in handling of Kursk's disaster ("small technical problems") and in situation of Chechnya, like disappearing of people (later found dead with marks of torture) after capture by military.
So I don't really believe to these "magnificant" weapons without any concrete evidences when considering only thing working "well" 20 km to east from here is corruption.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
russiajournal.com...

"37 percent of 127 enterprises of Russian Agency on Weapons have the signs of going bankrupt"

"Head of Russian Agency on weapons said that the Agency enterprises are in debts in the sum of 45 billion roubles. This is half of the amount of their production"

All I have to say, is bring on your 5th generation fighters you can barely afford with the F-22 to shoot down yours, we got out 3 secret planes in service or production (forgot)

russiajournal.com...

"lose almost half of its resources by 2010 and, by 2015, lose over 80 percent of its fleet"

Hehe, hows Russia going to advance ahead of us?

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Laxpla]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
also the M-16 is getting replaced by the XM-29 so i dont know that the AN-94 is more advanced than that.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Russia is still devloping some nice weapons one example is the AN-94 rifle one of the most advanced rifles made for any army but is this weapon going to be in any russian soldiers hands any time soon? Nope they dont have the money to produce them to replace there AK-74s. They still have some great weapon devlopers over there but the lack of money really doesnt make it easy on them.

It's already been in russian soldier's hands (mostly SN VV operators get to use it, if they really want).
In case you didn't know, the AN-94 (no't sure what it was called back then) has been in developement/testing since the mid 70's. It lost the competition to the AK-74 in 1972 I beleive.
Why it's no replacing AK-74M ? because there are quiete a few more weapons being tested, like the AEK-970 series, that offer more than just an accurate 2 rounds burst mode.

Originally posted by WestPoint23
also the M-16 is getting replaced by the XM-29 so i dont know that the AN-94 is more advanced than that.

The M16-A2 series are being replaced by the XM-8, not the XM-29 (it's still in the testing phase). In case you didn't know, the XM-8 is pretty much a modifiyed G-36, and there's nothing that advanced in it, apart from it being made out of plastic.

Have a good one.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by kaskad]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
actually the XM-29 will replace the M-16 in 2008 and the X-8 is not plastic it is more reliable than the M-16

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Modern Russian armor, aircraft, navy, and infantry weapons do not compare to the US's capability
i too think past Russian tech was as good or better then American but noway is their modern comparable

[edit on 24-6-2004 by pATTONME]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The new American gun is nice and all, but it really is just a G-36 in a different case. Compairing infantry rifles though is kinda pointless, there's not much to em with a few notable exceptions.

The current M-16 is now taking on AK-47s and AKSs and guess what guns the new American rifle will face? The same damn AKs, not like they are going away from the world stage anytime soon.

I seriously doubt though that the weapon model really does anything to the effectiveness of the basic infantry grunt. I mean I bet that a standard Brit, French, Russian, Chinese or American soldier would not have their stats changed that much if they were given one of the other countrie's weapons and trained in their use.

and Westpoint, the main point of my previous post is that Russia can still innovate at pace with the Americans. Yes all of the weapons systems I mentioned were in development, but the point is that Russia can still develop weapons like that! Besides, most of them were weapons that America dosen't have and hasn't developed. Sure they may have to trim back on their general military, but remember what Russia doesn't use, countries like China sure will.

may Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
actually sure russia can make nice things and the us has about 4 of those things u mentioned up there but i could also name you a billion things that the US has and russia dosent

also ur plasma stealth works like this it can make an aircraft invincible to radar it drains a lot of energy from the airplane also when activated the airplane cant use its radar cuz the waves get blocked and in the night or day the aircraft will glow like a firefly and heat seaking missiles can still lock on to the plasma so its a 50/50.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
hello there...

Well, I just got back from Russia....and i can tell you that the factory at Kirov is functioning and workers still go there daily. They build the Top of the line fighter Jets there. mainly the Mig-29. I dont think they can match the US Air Force in aircraft...that is why they put women pilots into action.
They can withstand more G force than a man in a turn...and they can maked multiple task decsions much better. women are rumored to make better fighter pilots. women can adjust the car mirror, put on lipstick, change the diaper, smack the kid in the backseat, signal for a turn, shift gears and talk on a cell phone all at the same time. men simply say...if i have to stop this car, im going to give you a spanking...men can only do one thing at a time....women are multitasked...

But what I want to point out is that the Russkies are advanced in underwater detection of submarines...mainly due to the fact that we were number one in silence. Russians could not track our subs because they were too quiet...so they decided to go with optical systems underwater. You can see underwater for a distance that is classified...but one thing we have done too many times...is underestimate the Russians.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I know that the an-94 is a great rifle but the m-29 will be a better weapon when it is put into production.Some people complain that the relience on batteries of the m-29 will make this a weakness for this weapon this is not true. If the power ran out on a m-29 it would only lose its air burst capablity
the rifle would still function as a semi auto gernade launcher. The U.S spends more than twice as much as russia spends on weapons development you can only expect them to make better weapons. But russia should never be underestimated in the weapons they make.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
actually boanzj women cant take as many G's as a man and the current plan for the US military is to spend 1 trillion$ over a decade to produce more advanced weapons and congress does not mind there is a thread about it here on the weaponry forum and without the 1trillion$ the us still makes up 47% of the worlds military spending also the us has had the technology to track other subs with this sysem right here

www.lockheedmartin.com...

[edit on 25-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
actually boanzj women cant take as many G's as a man

Actually woman can take more G's then men can. It has to do with how the blood is distributed from the abdomen on down. Women have a better system for moving the blood around down there. Exercise and G suits help, but if they had to go without them then a woman would be able to handle more than the male.

Ladies of ATS, you're welcome.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
i dont know i just cant see a girl flying the raptor it just would look right

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join