It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So which party are you voting for in November?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by David9176

During our local 4th of July parade this year the Campaigning Democrats riding in the back of pickups were throwing candy to the kids. The Republicans riding on the back of Mercedes convertibles were handing out bumper stickers.

Whats that tell you?

[edit on 21-7-2010 by whaaa]

If you made alot of money what would you buy? A Pinto or A Benz

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've had enough of being disappointed!! I am not voting!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ByTor420

Do you know enough about this movement and the no incumbants movement and the no vote movement to start a thread?

The merits of all of them would be a great discussion to have here at ATS so we could determine which would have the most impact.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I am voting republician and no incumbants.

I'd rather cut my own throat than to vote for a democrat.

Have fun washing Iraqi & Afghan blood off your hands.

Same goes for a DNC vote BTW... supporting either DC Mafia party is subornation of wholesale murder and aggressive war... like 1930s Germany all over again..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You just keep voting incumbent congressmen out until you find someone who does their #ing job....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Every time I get yet another chain/spam email from friends and family either decrying the Democrats or the Republicans, I hit "Reply-All" and send this:

Again….in the upcoming elections (this year and for the foreseeable future):

• No Democrats
• No Republicans
• No Incumbents
• No career politicians

If people would:

• Get out and vote instead of just sitting home and complaining
• Stop voting for the same people and parties over and over
• Start thinking for themselves instead of letting the idiots on TV/radio do it for them (and thus being led like cattle to slaughter)

The country, as a whole, wouldn’t keep getting the same people and parties setting our children and multiple future generations up for the screwing of a lifetime, over and over.

Causing the pool of politicians to “churn” by constantly voting them out, and avoiding the entrenched political parties, deprives the powerful corporate and special interest lobbies of having a greater say in policy than you and I do at the voting booth. It becomes prohibitively expensive to finance campaigns for everyone in order to guarantee their responsiveness to special interest/corporate demands at the expense of the people. If you want your elected representatives to, well, represent you (and I’m sure you all do), you have a couple of choices:

• Continue voting for the same people and parties over and over, which is guaranteed to lead to more of the same of what we’re getting now, if not worse
• Use some sense and logical ability and realize that the first choice is no choice at all…unless you enjoy politico-economic slavery and want to ensure your succeeding generations get the chance to enjoy the same.

We don’t need a revolution, we need a revolution in THINKING…as in, people need to wake up from their hypnotic, mass media induced slumber, and vote the current crop of unresponsive, condescending political elitists out of office. Turn off the TV, the radio, the phone and the computer and actually THINK about it.

Unless, as I said, you enjoy the status quo. In which case, congratulations, you’re part of the problem.

(The generic “you” was used in the preceding, not directed at any specific individual)

Warmest regards and best wishes.

I have voted for Green Party, American Taxpayer and Communist Party (at least they're up front about their plans for my earnings) candidates. I will continue to vote for anybody that doesn't meet those first four criteria above and I strongly urge others to do the same. If the only candidate falls in those criteria, well, do what you think best.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Republican because our local Government is currently under uncontested control of Democrats.. and they've raised local income and business taxes twice in the past 3 years, and raised tuition 6% every year they've been in office.

Not that voting Conservative will help.. Liberals here are retarded, they love taxation.

And Republican in National Elections because uncontested power there led to........... the largest tax increase since the Income Tax...

Notice a trend?

I'll never support Democrats again, they abused their power and destroyed their trust. Only thing I'm getting from them is forced insurance (which will cost me an extra 500+ a month, thanks assholes) and higher taxes. Bastards. May they rot in hell, all of them.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join