It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Alien Abduction Reports in recent history?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Have ET abduction reports gone down in the last 5 years?

We all know about well known abduction cases such as Betty and Barney Hill
en.wikipedia.org...

My question is, have there been any abductions that have happened in recent history that have been as intriguing and thoroughly researched as the famous abduction reports of the 20th century?

I have looked around the net and cant really find anything recent like the past 3-5 years.

Also does anyone know if there is a publicly searchable database of abduction reports, where people can submit their experiences online? Kind of like what MUFON does for UFO sightings?

I want to find out the current status of actual abduction activities, and whether or not they have increased or subsided.

Would love to get your opinion(s).
Thanks!

---GeminiSky

[edit on 20-7-2010 by GeminiSky]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by GeminiSky]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Hello GeminiSky,

I've come across this story about a woman abduction in Italy. The article is dated 4/27/2010.

Link:

www.unexplainable.net...

I tried to find sources but nothing. Except a link to MissionQuest, where they cover the story AND give a link to a video ( through Project Nsearch ).

Link:

missionquest.freepowerboards.com...

Here is the video, from 2009:

And then I came on ATS and spent quite a bit of time searching for this story here. The search on this site is not evident but I found one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I couldn't find another thread to see if it was ever debunked.

Pretty wild story but it has the feel of a hoax.

~S.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Thanks for sharing, I guess I should say im looking for Undebunked reports, ones that have not been proven to be a hoax.

--GeminiSky

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You've started the thread I was getting round to posting so S & F !

Anecdotally there does appear to have been a slow down to the point of cessation of reports.

If only this was available as a single source database I believe it could provide useful data. The biggest issue being the difficulty, if not impossibility, of confirming any cases and sorting the wheat from the chaff.

It may have given psychologists the break in identifying patterns to be able to suggest a valid hypothesis for how hallucination / self delusion can account for the phenomena.

Alternatively it may provide a timeline / pattern that adds weight to the credibility of accounts, maybe even providing insight as to purpose or meaning and allowing prediction and observable repeatability.

One issue with a readily accessible single source database would be the copy cat effect similar to the question as to whether the massive increase in accounts of contacts with "greys" was due to the media exposure in the 80's (Whitley Streiber et al) or vice versa.

Maybe also cases should be split between abduction and contact as there does appear to be a clear distinction between the two and the events that occur. Either way these events do appear to have slowed / halted.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is probably the biggest most compelling abduction i have read on.

1989-The Manhattan Alien Abduction of Linda Cortile Napolitano right in the middle of the city where multiple witnesses seen it happen. Even a UN representative seen it happen. Some people driving on the Brooklyn Bridge thought it was the filming of some movie. Not always sleep paralysis and mental illness.
look up the roper report

www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Yes that is an AWESOME case. However, this thread was created for more recent reports from the past 5 years.

--GeminiSky

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

So its slowing down huh? Did ET finally phone home? Dammit, I had so many questions!!

----GeminiSky

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What about the story of Jesus Sayan? This guy is not your typical UFO abductee, as he is a big, tattooed Hispanic man, an actor, a rapper, yet he says he and his family have a long history of UFO contact and alien abduction.

Standing over six feet tall, and weighing around 400 pounds, Jesus Payan is a mountain of a man and looks every bit the hard-nosed character he portrayed in the TV series Breaking Bad.

But being an actor is only one aspect of Payan’s life, he has also had close encounters of the fourth kind — alien abductions. Payan says he believes the visitations started when he was around four-years-old and have been happening ever since.

Source, July 21, 2010

He has only begun to speak about his abductions recently, I take it. I don't know what to make of his story, frankly. Hopefully the information is of use to the OP.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Great information Nicorette! I never heard of this guys abductions until now, thank you for sharing!!!

--Kind Regards,

GeminiSky

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

I seem to recall that in a later twist to this case there apparently was a connection between the person who was "abducted" and the policemen involved.

One of them was either the persons brother or lover or was convicted of stalking the woman or something, can't recall exactly or quickly find any links, but the fact there was prior contact created a degree of doubt on the veracity of the whole tale.

As said though it was a while ago anyway, if it can be shown that "believable" accounts have ceased of abduction by "greys" this would lead to either an unexplained to date species wide psychological disorder or material evidence pointing to actual physical occurrences.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chunder

Actually I believe that particular case was corroborated by 3 separate eyewitness, one of them being a politician and his bodyguard/driver who witnessed the event during the early hours of the morning.

If memory serves me right, they saw a woman and 3 curled up aliens being levitated out of her apartment window and into a waiting craft.

--GeminiSky

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

You're right about that. There's a balanced destruction of the case's credibility here at...A Critique of Budd Hopkins' Case of the UFO Abduction of Linda Napolitano.

It seems to have been an elaborate hoax. The weak research by Hopkins allowed the case to be taken seriously. Simply casting an eye over the basic details makes it seem pretty implausible. There are times when I question if the abductee researchers are at a point where they can only see evidence that supports their hypotheses. Mack had the spiritual aliens and Jacobs gets the sinister aliens. There doesn't seem to be a diversity between them.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Are we talking about the same abduction case guys? I guess I better double check...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I just wanted to link to this site here:
www.ufoinfo.com/humanoid It has reports of encounters and abductions stretching back to the 19th century. But so far I have not seen any for 2010.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by johnthejedi24]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The Manhattan case presented in this thread is very interesting to me.

I like reading about these abduction stories, but cannot find a way to accept most of these accounts as "true."

It's really hard for me to understand how, with ALL the various accounts of alien abductions across the world, there remains to be even a single shred of hard, undeniable evidence of this happening.

Especially with the Manhattan abduction case posted above, if that were true, I'm sorry, there would be hundreds, possibly THOUSANDS of witnesses. Not a couple. I live near NYC; I know the mentality of people in the city and its surrounding areas. If a UFO came down and abducted someone out of a building, EVERYONE would be talking about it.

It wouldn't be the type of thing where only one or two people come forward for fear of ridicule.

Therefore it's hard for me to accept that story as factual, because again, a big city abduction, no matter the time, should have big city numbers of witnesses.

If that case had documented 30-40 witness statements, for example, well I'd be a lot more inclined to believe it.

Could alien abductions be happening? Of course. Anything is possible, and I'm not entirely closed off to the idea. It just frustrates me how time and time again there is no verifiable way to know for sure if they really happened or not.

Again, hard "evidence" for me would only have to be a LARGE number of corroborating witnesses. I would accept that. I guess the aliens aren't comfortable giving one of their (fortunate) abductees an undulating prismatic crystal sphere from the crystal caves of sector 12 as a souveneir, but it seems like there should be at least something by now a little more compelling than simple testimony.

Again, my stance is very simple:

People lie. People misinterpret. People exaggerate. People misidentify. And people can be delusional.

All of these, unfortunately, are proven true.

I tend to refer to those statements before automatically believing in alien abductions.

If someone can present just ONE case with a huge number of corroborating witnesses, I'll change my stance.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I saw a UFO in NYC one time and NOBODY around me noticed it. They don't bother looking up at the sky. I just stood there in disbelief.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xkiax

Seeing a UFO in NYC is much different than seeing a UFO hover over an apartment building in NYC and beam a woman out of it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

Hello I am Jesus Payn Jr. I saw the post regarding my abductions, so yes there are many abductions happening currently just not that many paople ready to come out publicly,

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You may want to check out these recent threads on a similar subject;

Why have the Abductions stopped

Have alien abductions decreased?

while older threads, there may be some info in there that interests you...

also go read the Gray Area forum, lots of recent stories of alleged alien abductions....

edit on March 17th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesusjr2012

Could you please share your experiences with us? I was not able to access the above sited link for your father's? experiences. What sort of alien visitors were they? Grays, Nordics, etc? Thanks,

STM

top topics

join