It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Baby Born to Black Couple

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

White Baby Born to Black Couple

indyposted.com

A black British couple gave birth to a white, blue-eyed, curly blond haired baby. The baby is not albino, and there doesn’t seem to be any infidelity (even though that wouldn’t explain the white baby.)

Doctors believe that both Ben and Angela Ihegboro have light skin genes that were passed on from distant dead relatives. The baby simply got both sets of genes, and was born white.

“We are all of us genetic mixtures to some extent, and occasionally you’ll have a convergence of the pale versions of these genes in African-Americans and African-Caribbeans who have a mixed black and wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.sky.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Couple Gives Birth to 'Miracle' Black and White Twins, Again

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is my favorite part about this story.

I thought, ‘What is this little doll?’ She’s beautiful, and I love her. Her color doesn’t matter. She’s a miracle baby. But still, what on earth happened here?

This really makes me wonder about how closely related we humans really are. Imagine, some where down the genetic line, this rare occurrence happened. Just goes to show even more how racism is the epitome of ignorance

This also makes me think a lot about the genetic make up that some scientist refer to "junk DNA" and the information that it holds locked up, waiting to be read. I have included a video for your viewing pleasure. Comments?

indyposted.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-7-2010 by souls]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So if this kid grows up to be Prime Minister will he be considered the first black prime minister?

Even bigger question.

Will he be permitted to say the N word?

That last question was a joke, but now I'm interested to find out the answer.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wonder what color their mailman is?

All this wild scientific speculation and the solution is probably the same old story.

[edit on 7/20/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
geez that kid has a good set of hair on his head
good for them it looks good and healthy
i wonder could this be supposed evolution adjusting for climate
they always say thats why were white because of the colder climate
i wonder if the parents parents are also from england as in several generations
have grown up in a colder climate and possible adjusted
i say possible because i my shelf dont really believe in evolution

+59 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by souls

Sue Wong marries Lee Wong. The next year, the Wongs have a new baby. The nurse brings out a lovely, healthy, bouncy, but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents.
'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?'

The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, 'Well, two Wong's don't make a white,
so I think we will name him...

Sum Ting Wong

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow just Wow! This is so neat.
My grandfather is Haitian and is a very light skinned black man my grandmother is white but with a lot of Indian in her. Most of our family is what you would consider white, however I have a few cousins that are very black skinned. We have always had fun at family reunions and such. One of my cousins is very white and so is her husband but their son is dark as night.

My brother is very white but has features of a black man( wider nose, hair that is kinky curly).

Bottom line this world is made up of many wonderful colors of people and we all just need to see past it and enjoy life.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

That is one of my favorite jokes!

actually I think this happens more often than it is reported.

Just watched the video, I think its cool that when they talk about the baby they say "blonde" instead of white. She certainly is a very beautiful baby and what a head of hair she has

[edit on 20-7-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by souls

simple answer, women slept with a white man
and hence the white baby

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

that would be simple enough to prove. But a white+black couple rarely if ever produce such a white child. I've actually seen this type of story before. White couple has black kid, or black couple having white kid with no infidelity involved.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dean007

That's not how evolution works. It occurs in gradual steps over many generations and doesn't have an end product in mind. In many cases a mutation has a negative impact and the genes aren't passed on. With positive mutations it gives the individual a better chance at surviving in their environment and thus a more desirable mate. These genes then get passed onto future generations which then get compounded with future mutations.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My cousin had 3 black babies with her white husband. He was a bread truck driver, and not too bright. Anyhow, she convinced him that our family had a recessive gene for awhile, but after three babies, he finally left her. I think he is still paying child support on the babies though, because if you are married, and you are listed on the birth certificate, then that is your legal baby, regardless of its dna!

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man
reply to post by souls

simple answer, women slept with a white man
and hence the white baby

You are wrong there my friend! Genetics can pass down in generations. I've seen it in South Africa. If you had the mind and brains to study this, you will understand how the human body works. Obviously you don't.

If You can prove me wrong, I'll accept that! I await your reply.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

still, i agree with you

still having an affair is on the table

whats to say the woman isnt a player lol

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sorry dude,

I just came over to fix the sink...really

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Why don't you provide proof that he is wrong.

Instead you are just throwing out that you seen it before and that he is wrong and that he must prove you are wrong.

I mean, if you are going to say he is wrong maybe you should throw in a little something to back it up.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

I don't deny there may have been an affair. What I'm saying, is that genetics can bring about many unforeseen circumstances. I've seen this before.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So has there been a DNA test done on the baby?

I believe there is a chance that this is a genetic issue, however one can not simply rule out the very simple conclusion of infidelity. To do so would be foolish.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Tinkertrain

Why don't you provide proof that he is wrong.

Instead you are just throwing out that you seen it before and that he is wrong and that he must prove you are wrong.

I mean, if you are going to say he is wrong maybe you should throw in a little something to back it up.

What proof do you want?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What about twins born minutes apart one black other white

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join