It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black USDA official resigns after admitting she only 'did enough' for white farmer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

She's probably going to get her job back and honestly, everyone involved owes her an apology.

But no mention from you about someone finding that white farmer or his children and apologizing to them for the loss of their farm due to a racist government official.

Anyone else notice that? the only individual and/or family who have been wronged beyond any question, isn't even getting mentioned in this debate.

When I see this level of stupidity on public display you can only conclude the the Kool Aid has been consumed in huge quantities.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Anyone else notice that? the only individual and/or family who have been wronged beyond any question, isn't even getting mentioned in this debate.

I think she and the farmer are now friends.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

But no mention from you about someone finding that white farmer or his children and apologizing to them for the loss of their farm due to a racist government official.

When I see this level of stupidity on public display you can only conclude the the Kool Aid has been consumed in huge quantities.

You have only proven like many here that you did not read the article. You did not watch the speech. You are just spouting off with no grasp of the facts.

He did not lose his farm and she helped him.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If you all actually take the time to click the link and read the freaking story you will see that what this woman said was entirely misrepresented. This makes me sick.

This woman was actually trying to show how racism occurs both ways and some ignorant prick decides to splice it for his own agenda...Andrew Brietbart. How disgusting is that.

STILL some of you have refused to read the story since it was changed.

This black woman, wonderful woman, was trying to tell a black audience about how she learned about racism through her own racism towards a white farmer. That is amazing. I wish everyone would see things her way.

She deserves restitution from Andrew Brietbart and the USDA.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Stop Blaming her!
Stop believing the outtake. She is friends with the farmer. Not only that but she helped him. This all happened before her government position. It was an outtake from a speach. The outtake took what they wanted to say and she got crucified because it!

The whole story is here.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
People also need to keep in mind Fox didn't even report on the story till AFTER the white house forced her to resign.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

Exactly mate, This is where the State Run Media and the White House make a full effort to condone racists and it backfires on them.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

Just try...one day...to watch tv or listen to the news and not hear racism.

Is racism/racist the new terrorist/terrorism?

JMO but I'm sick of hearing about it. Seems to me like the more it is talked about, the more it happens.

Is there someone out there that wants a race war?

In the same vein as Charlie Manson? No. But yesterday I wondered if "racism" has become a Frank Luntz talking point. When Dr. Luntz was with Sean Hannity, here and here, it seemed to me that the wheels were spinning in his head as to how "race" and "racism" could be used politically for the opposing party. And with Karl Rove tactics to divide the populace, 50 plus 1, I would say, yes, hysteria over race and racism is the latest social wedge to divide the nation.

Release the hounds! that bark, "Obama and blacks are racists!", "Defend the Tea Party against racism!", "They're racist and we're not!", "Everybody is racist!", "It's not about racism!"

Barking about racism is not the same as discussing racism, but, then, political maneuvering is no longer about intelligent discussion. Roll over in your grave, William F. Buckley, you Commie!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LiQuiD_FuSioN

Okay, now when will they start taking some action against the welfare fatheads that do the same thing? and the housing authority, and the div of children's services, and so on and so on....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have watched the speech in it's entirety today, and can't tell you how moving it was.

She was only sharing her journey in life's lessons, and learning.

Somebody has tried to destroy this woman with comments so enormously taken out of context, and darned near did.

I hope she finds out who released this slander/libel/defamation and sues their pants off.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

I hope she finds out who released this slander/libel/defamation and sues their pants off.

First She should start by the White House, who in her own words told her to pull over onto the shoulder as she was driving to work and resign right immediately.

Then she can go after Obama after he approved the entire process personally.

Oh wait were you looking to blame someone else?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by g146541

once again the MSM puts racial tension into the media!!!

I cannot disagree with that,

LOL

The MSM?????

So...It comes out that Andrew Breitbart "BigGovernment.com" grossly distorted and edited a video of Shirley Sherrod to make her appear racist and spins it out with the predictable story "Obama Official a Racist!!!"....Be very afraid white people!!!

Breibart isn't even denying he doctored up the video...his best excuse has been...just giving the Dems their own medicine...what kind of BS excuse is that...he can't even cite any comparable example and certainly none that justify messing with someone's career by outright lying and doctoring video.

Fox news gobbles it up and runs the BS video from "BigGovernemnt.com".

Then the full video comes to light showing she was actually denouncing racism and speaking of an incident that occured 24 years ago and encouraging the listeners to be ever vigiliant for racism in themselves?

And this was a "MSM" media thing how????????

It was what it ALWAYS IS...A RIGHT WING BLOG KNOWINGLY LYING TO SCARE FOLKS AND STIR UP RACIAL ISSUES AND FOX PERPETUATING IT.

MSM putting racial tension into it???????

Seriously...Reality check. WTF??? Just the opposite.

Edit to add: MediaMatters has a great summary of events...but of course I know FOx Fans view any site dedicated to the truth as "lefty"
mediamatters.org...

[edit on 21-7-2010 by maybereal11]

[edit on 21-7-2010 by maybereal11]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join