It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black USDA official resigns after admitting she only 'did enough' for white farmer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Fired, resigned, or Political assassination? Guilty until proven innocent. Classic case of taking something out of context.

OMG You are going to end up on Glenn Beck! Resign now!

The lady was describing a "turning point" in her thinking and it happened 24 years ago.

Why is the Obama administration so scared of Glenn Beck? At least we know someone in the White House watches FOX News.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
She is defending her comments by stating they occurred 24 years ago.

Guys, twenty-four years ago this was as socially unacceptable as it is today. Twenty-four years ago was 1986. In no way whatsoever was this acceptable in 1986. This was totally out of line, and she would have been fired for it in 1976. The statement is inexcusable, and anybody in her position should have known better.

However, to see what this woman is being put through today by the media, is just unthinkable. For her to be raked over the coals the way she has been today, for comments made 24 years ago, is unfair in my estimation.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Even the NAACP sees that no matter what race you are....racism is racism regardless of your color. To bad a group like the New Black Panthers are masquerading as the original Black Panthers. Big difference between the two.

Well the black panthers were scary at one time but nobody cares at this point. Plus its hard to take these folks without contempt when you see all the black millionaires and public figures and now the presedent of the US himself you just want to say "yea right" when you here the NBP run thier face.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

However, to see what this woman is being put through today by the media, is just unthinkable. For her to be raked over the coals the way she has been today, for comments made 24 years ago, is unfair in my estimation.

It would be ok to me if they just let her off the hook for something said 24 years ago. Almost all black and whites as we started to come together, work together, live together, brought with them ideas that had to be worked out.

Like her observation that for the most part white and black farmers were facing the same issues. Many of us white and black came to these conclusions while holding wrong ideas about things.

Maybe thats what brought the real contempt for this woman...is that she represents a black confession that she was wrong about some things. That she helped a white man. There are still some that hate an uncle tom or aunt tom whatever. Anyone that would show and confess compasion for a white man, southern white man, has to go.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
She is currently trying to blame everyone else (including the Obama administration) for "taking her remarks out of context".

I watched the video, and heard exactly what she said and how she said it, and she clearly stated that because the white farmer was talking down to her, added to her thoughts about poor black farmers, it caused her to do less than she could to help this guy save his farm, i.e. she just plain doesn't like white people.

I have seen a lot more anti-white racism over the last 10 years than anti-black racism. The fact that 60% of whites voted for a black presidential candidate in preference to a white one pretty much nailed the coffin lid shut on that one. But racism flourishes when it is not stamped out, and I'm afraid that black racism has been, and is being allowed, to grow unabated, just watch the routine of any black stand up comic if you don't believe me.

Ironically, it is actually one of the few genuine national conspiracies alive today.

Until Obama 100% of blacks votes were for whites 100% of the time.

Lets be very clear here - racism is not merely what is said - it is the entrenched institutions and cultural make up of a society - America is on this consideration the most racist country on earth - ever.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

But, with respect the video was initially taken out of context as she begins to explain that poverty is the real issue. People change and say a lot they might regret in 20+ years.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

But, with respect the video was initially taken out of context as she begins to explain that poverty is the real issue. People change and say a lot they might regret in 20+ years.

While that may be true, she can thank the NAACP for the consequences of playing the race card.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
www.naacp.org...

watch the whole video. It's very well explained, no racism at hand.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Naw...it's true. They're fueling the fire. First by even making this big news, and second just look at the headline. It's all there in black and white.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aristophrenia
America is on this consideration the most racist country on earth - ever.

Oh my. I can see somebody hasn't done much traveling or read much history.

I suppose, them, to pick just one example from a long and bloostained list, that you'd rather have the world adopt the mid-1990s Rwanda Hutu/Tutsi model of ethnic compassion than anything that could possibly ever come out of America?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have watched the video and listend to the interviews. I even watched Glenn Beck today, where he actually talked about such. Now I may not be in a position of authority like the secretary running a department in DC, however I do find that the speed and way that this was done is all questionable.
The person running the site that the video was on, put it out in response to the NAACP proclaiming that the Tea Party was Racist, and that after discussing this, could not reach some equable conclusion that both sides would be satisfied. He posted it, not releasing it to the media, feeling it was not news worthy, but to prove that the NAACP does support racism in its own ranks. Most to a majority of the organizations have one form of racism or another in its own ranks, seeking that all conform to what they would view as normal. There is a form of legalized racism and discrimination under federal mandates.
But as I stated the way this entire thing was handled is very questionable, as neither the White House, the Department of Agriculture or the NAACP did anything to talk to the woman and find out her point of view. Now having worked as a manager or even as an employee, when a person is going to be fired, it believe that it is common decency to call the person in and talk to them face to face, rather than to demand a resignation over the phone. I believe that was cold and inhuman, and without compassion. It is also believed that this woman is guilty, with her expecting to prove her innocence. Alot of this could have been avoided if the NAACP would show the full unaltered tape, to allow for the public to make that decision.
Now the Secretary of the Agriculture did come out in support of termination, stating that with this it would call into question the decision of this individual, that too is acceptable, but it should never have been aired in public.
I believe that for right or wrong, this USDA official may have done the wrong thing, but the way that it was handled was equally wrong, violating her rights under the federal laws of the country.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
She is simply typical of this current administration.
I can't help wonder why the African continent is in such poverty stricken chaos.
Is the US getting this kind of hateful leadership?
Another look at A.G. Holder and his wink and nod to the new black panthers makes me wonder.
As for white people in the US of Amerika, we have just seen the beginning of this oppression.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I don't know what story you've been reading but from what I've seen so far,I wish she were typical of government administrators. I find quite a bit to admire about her and very little to be critical of. She understands that she was caught in the crossfire of divisive racial politics from both sides of the political isle, which is refreshing. The only valid criticism I've heard about the unedited speech is her use of the phrase "their own kind", and even as a Southern white man, that doesn't even come close to raising my hackles.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Guys I got an entirely different perspective over this and that is how fast those agents working for the executive branch reads you tube and threads online.

Besides that I had to log in 3 times before my password was excepted so I now know I have to change it.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Is anyone here seriously surprised? Really? This is what you get when you put radical leftist blacks in charge. This is Kill Whitey 101 people.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I bet I have heard the word racism 100 times today. That's 100 times more than I wanted to hear it.

Just try...one day...to watch tv or listen to the news and not hear racism.

Is racism/racist the new terrorist/terrorism?

JMO but I'm sick of hearing about it. Seems to me like the more it is talked about, the more it happens.

Is there someone out there that wants a race war?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I find it rather insulting that some of you are making excuses for this. As a person who has grown up in a multiracial family and neighborhood and had to recently deal with the gov't establishment for disability assistance, I can tell you that racial parity exists. As a mostly white individual I had and still have to go through 3+ years of gov't hearings and paperwork to get assistance, while my best friend, whom is Jamaican AND illegal, gets his diability approved and forwarded to him post haste ( and continues to work under the table). I am so sick of this mentality that racism only occurs if you are white BS. ANYONE who makes excuses and supports this kind of behavior IS A RACIST! WHITE, BLACK, YELLOW, BROWN! This is the main reason I took time off of this site, it seems I may need to leave for good because there is nothing but a bunch of bigots, haters, and racists trolling here. Even some of our older members and mods.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Perhaps its' because i watched the whole speech and not just a few minutes spliced by a blogger.

www.foxnews.com...

She's probably going to get her job back and honestly, everyone involved owes her an apology.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Everyone in a rush for judgment forgot one very important point. It is impossible for a any person of color to be a racist in America. This has been shown again and again over the years. She just replaced the New Black Panthers with their edited and misunderstood video.

If she is hired back, expect her to sue the living sh*t out of her agency. This is about money now.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am pretty sure, as Glenn Beck and his staff of researchers and journalists concluded yesterday, it is a character assassination on this woman with absolutely no evidence just a video clip taken completely out of context.

More race baiting from the Obama hacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join