It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache takes out insurgents car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Excellant quality video. The secondary explosion indicates there are weapons in the car. The perps see the apache and get out just in time. amazingly clear video!

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Excellant quality video. The secondary explosion indicates there are weapons in the car. The perps see the apache and get out just in time. amazingly clear video!

www.liveleak.com...

Although they got out of the car I doubt they survived a missile impact like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
They must've been watching the apache closely... That would be crazy man, seeing a missile from a helicopter heading straight for your car...

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is a good example of not being able to outrun a missile.

You know what I'm wondering about, is how they saw it coming. I bet it is possible to rig a radar/laser cop detector to "detect" targeting systems of aircraft. It just seems odd that they are in a car with tented windows, facing the opposite way, yet seem to know right away that they are the target of a missile strike.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
They must have been guilty of something to be watching the helicopter so closely considering it was quite a long way away etc.

Good on the US Forces for getting rid of these terrorists, why do we call them insurgents?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Very Interesting...

This video just goes to show How Hard modern warfare is !!

Firstly the target vehicle must have been watched for a while if it was suspected or had it been tagged by intel on the ground ??

The Apache is some distance away and the strike is spot on the target but there will still be significant collateral damage to buildings and occupants in that area so keeping down casulalities is Obviously pretty hard for our forces....
The occupants must have known something was up or had a look out watching the helicopter.....

Also , it is hard to 'spot' the vehicle when your on the move yourself, the battlefield is a FLUID place..

Good video

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
These insurgents must have someone inside command/control to be bailing out that quickly. Probably got a phone call to tip them off as I see no other way of them knowing they were about to get hit especially as their back were to the Apache.
It;s got to be a nightmare trying to insure that targets are legit and that no-one else is around to get hit during a strike. I think this is the lazy man's way of fighting since you could just as easily track them by air and move in ground units to intercept. Collateral damage from airstrikes is just too high IMO. We can;t win hearts and minds if we keep blowing up houses and killing civilians.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

I really dislike threads like this. “let’s watch some terrorists die”. I just don’t see the point in it, doesn’t really point to any conspiracy it’s just bloody violence. I don’t know if there is something about watching it that makes people feel good about themselves, but I would find that to be rather like masochistic voyeurism.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
Good on the US Forces for getting rid of these terrorists, why do we call them insurgents?

If someone was occupying your country, and you objected to that and fought them, what would you prefer to be called?

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
The bad guys probably heard the missile fire, it is quite a distinctive noise if you have ever heard it, and figured hey, we're doing bad stuff, they know it, and now we are screwed.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I love war pron.....awesome stuff.

new topics

top topics

join