It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Control Mechanism : America Is Not At War, the Marines Are At War,...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The picture below says it all in how the military, or some of those within it views Iraq.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc0b3601d340.jpg[/atsimg]

And how they view America and the people they are defending.

You have to admit it is true, America is not at war, the Marines are at war, America is at the mall. I say this tongue in cheek, bringing up this particularly silly picture some Marine wrote who obviously has a sense of humor and sees war a little more realistically than the majority of Americans do on many levels, at least.

The American citizen is far too busy with running their kids to the mall, watching the boob tube for the next winner of American Idol, who will get voted off the island with Survivor, or the next batch of people on Big Brother.

As a whole, America, the citizens, are politically ignorant and know little to nothing of the policy, foreign and or domestic, that their Government enforces on their behalf.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Control System

A control system is a device or set of devices to manage, command, direct or regulate the behavior of other devices or systems.

There are two common classes of control systems, with many variations and combinations: logic or sequential controls, and feedback or linear controls.

There is also fuzzy logic, which attempts to combine some of the design simplicity of logic with the utility of linear control.

Some devices or systems are inherently not controllable.

Sure, they register Republican, or Democrat, but these are mere boxes that they can put their name in, to look good to their fellow citizens, and little do they realize that voting is not the end of their responsibility, but the very start of it.

Next they tick off Conservative, or even Liberal, and sort themselves out as more to one side or the other, leaning right or left, like silly children on a swingset.

Little do they realize though that these labels do not matter any more than a fence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a413f6e7db6.jpg[/atsimg]

A street sign if you will pointing towards a direction to go without thought.

The question is whether they could think politically without it being pointed out to them with a sign, a political part, or someone seeking funding through mailers. Obviously not because the majority of Americans have forgotten how to think for themselves, and want someone else to handle their problems because politics is just too confusing, too corrupt, or to difficult to get into to do anything.

The next one they tick off is which type of religion they are and which church they belong to.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a86d972b3b18.jpg[/atsimg]

It happens even here on ATS where the majority of people cannot even agree on one thing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed7cce6a491f.jpg[/atsimg]

Instead of discussing the actual policy, law, or issue, people just automatically jump to divisive behavior, name-calling, or even finger-pointing, instead of rising to the challenge, they merely sink to the gutter level, like dogs fighting over a bone.

Throughout my time on here I see it day in and day out where people confuse the issue, do not know the issue, or completely sidetrack the entire issue due to the rampant and deliberate obfuscation of one party over another, one party claiming it is better than the other, pointing to foibles, pundits, or even scandals.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d31567270d1.jpg[/atsimg]

It is quite irritating to hear one party member or supporter ramble on about their party, or the other party side defend their side, and the entire discussion wash out.

What ever happened to the American citizen who actually knew what was going on?

What ever happened to the American citizen who actually gave a damn about our country?

What ever happened to the American citizen who actually could not be fooled by the sideshow?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e127671861c.gif[/atsimg]

This country used to be able to catch the politicians in lies far easier because this country used to have much more intelligent people in it, politically speaking at least.

What on Earth happened where we were so easily lead astray by a political pundit?

I am not specifically talking about ATS nor anyone necessarily on it but the average citizens.

Those people who used to read the newspapers and know by the time they got to work that something was amiss because the newspapers actually told them the truth.

Where did it all go wrong for America where they could not simply speak of issues?

Where did it all go wrong for America where they could not simply speak of laws?

Where did it all go wrong for America where they could not simply speak of the enemy?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7cce20180db.jpg[/atsimg]

Has the thinking man and or woman become just another casualty of the war?

Is our country just another puppet-ruled country with a figurehead ruler?

Have we dropped so low on the political totem pole so as to have neglected our duty?

I see people on ATS day in and day out speak out about all sorts of topics but rarely do I ever see and or hear them speak of actually doing the right things.

If you're not happy with how the election happened demand a damn recount.

If you believe the elections are rigged volunteer to work at the polls in your local precint.

If you feel the Secret Societies are controlling those people in power then actually expose it. I am not speaking of talking about it on here, but actually write letters, get investigations started, and or be a part of the political party within. Not on the donations rosters but actually within the party itself as a member.

Because believe me you had better start doing something soon enough politically.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/556b54d98101.gif[/atsimg]

Before your Bill of Rights becomes nothing more than a Bill of Wrongs.

This thread is no more about who is right or wrong as it is about any specific issue, it is about the divisive nature of people who are divided amongst themselves.

And it starts with you, your family, your neighbors, and your thought processes.

Are you going to let something as arbitrary and silly as a label divide you?

Or are you going to have the fortitude to stand on your own two feet and know what is going on in the world of politics, conspiracies, and the world at large?

Ultimately does the political party you're registerd with, the direction you lean, or the religious affiliation you're directing your tithe offerings to matter that much?

Or is it really all just a divisive mess to keep your head in the sand and you not knowing who is truly in control, and or who is telling you the lies verses the truth?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b8b413022d73.jpg[/atsimg]

We as American citizens either need to get ourselves under control or be prepared.

Prepared for when our control is taken completely from us and given over to armed guards.

There is no need to pick up guns, speak of violence, or act irrationally, yet.

The first thing you need to pick up is responsibility, speak of the changes you want, and act according to your convictions to make that change happen, positively.

Otherwise, you are not only a part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

You ultimately become the problem and give those in power every ounce of leverage.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Another great thread, buddy.

It is absolutely true that Americans are a distracted bunch. We go to great lengths to avoid the big questions. All politics is is a bunch of rationalizations for morally objectionable behavior, based on a flawed premise.

It starts with all people understanding the true foundation behind all of the worlds problems. Violence inherent in the system. You can't expect to be treated with any respect, as a human, if you uphold this system through direct action or omission. Speak out against tyranny. Understand and rebuke the distractions. Dig for truth. Know that violence will not solve social problems without creating a host of others.

Be the peace you want to see in the world. As I have said before, peace and a refusal to participate in acts of violence in our system, is the most dangerous thing to that very system.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
S&F for an excellent and well thought out post. IMHO there isn't much the people of America can do if we must first gain permission from the government to protest the government. I know that many will say to go out and vote but with the Electoral College, your vote will not elect a president, your vote does not count in a presidential election.

en.wikipedia.org...

The election for President and Vice President is not a direct election by United States citizens. Citizens vote for electors, representing a state, who are the authorized constitutional participants in a presidential election. In early U.S. history, some state laws delegated the choice of electors to the state legislature. Electors are free to vote for anyone eligible to be President

We the people have little to say in who becomes president. When we the people do make a stand, we are torn apart by a media that shouts "Racism" or any other derogatory comment designed to divide and conquer. Again, this is just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
Another great thread, buddy.

Thank you.

It is absolutely true that Americans are a distracted bunch. We go to great lengths to avoid the big questions. All politics is is a bunch of rationalizations for morally objectionable behavior, based on a flawed premise.

Well, when I said the majority of American's, I am by no means referring to you or I, we speak of issues, diligently.

The mass of society though ignores the issues until election time.

Hence the ramp up of false promises and campaign speeches which use duplicitous language, and political stumping, the list goes on and on.

It takes an election for people to care about the issues, or an event, like Deepwater Horizon, or even something like the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Something usually which gets politicians speaking of changing laws.

Until that happens American's literally ignore the issues.

It's like watching a mosquito land and no one reacts until the blood is sucked.

It starts with all people understanding the true foundation behind all of the worlds problems. Violence inherent in the system. You can't expect to be treated with any respect, as a human, if you uphold this system through direct action or omission. Speak out against tyranny. Understand and rebuke the distractions. Dig for truth. Know that violence will not solve social problems without creating a host of others.

In other words act like responsible human beings who know what's going on?

Go figure.

That is pretty easy if you ask me.

Be politically involved within your direct community and know the issues.

Want to make a bigger change?

Fill out a form to run for office.

Be the peace you want to see in the world. As I have said before, peace and a refusal to participate in acts of violence in our system, is the most dangerous thing to that very system.

I agree.

Be that which you want to see different.

Want to know the election is not rigged?

Volunteer to work at the local district.

Want to know how politics work on a more in depth manner?

Read many books, learn to shake hands, raise funds.

Want a non-corrupt politican?

Run for office.

The most dangerous thing we can do is sit on our keisters.

And complain, whine, and bitch about politics.

Doing nothing about them and how they are run.

Over all this thread is about the misperception that American's are at war.

We are only at war with ourselves through ignorance.

And ignorance is winning.

The Marines are at war, America is at the mall, fighting stupidity and ignorance of self.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChicUFO
S&F for an excellent and well thought out post. IMHO there isn't much the people of America can do if we must first gain permission from the government to protest the government. I know that many will say to go out and vote but with the Electoral College, your vote will not elect a president, your vote does not count in a presidential election.

Well, protesting is one thing, actually doing something that will make an impact is another.

Protesting only goes so far.

All it does is have people standing on the side of the road, out in front of their office, or however it is done, showing discontent and that someone is unpopular.

Unless it is during an election it does little to nothing usually.

Except get negative attention fed to the local news stations.

And negative attention is the same as positive attention to these jackals.

The Electoral College is how the President is elected, yes.

But the local, county, and state elections are not controlled this way.

And people can affect those local election processes if they get off their keisters.

Originally posted by ChicUFO
We the people have little to say in who becomes president. When we the people do make a stand, we are torn apart by a media that shouts "Racism" or any other derogatory comment designed to divide and conquer. Again, this is just my opinion.

Racism is only pointed out where it is shown or where people who do not speak with well thought out stances, or even where Agent Provocateurs get involved.

But racism is a key factor, sexual orientation, religious backgrounds, all those become key points for bigots, racists, ignorant people to chime in when and where they can.

If this is negated it is neutralized.

People however forget if this is a part of the fabric of society it is easy for those in power to manipulate, through divide and conquer, through cut-outs and malcontents.

This was one of the strongest reasons for negative response to Martin Luther King Jr.

He was uniting people of different races under one mission.

Civil Rights.

Anything or anyone who threatens the power of Government is a target.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If Americans were connected with it they might begin to start asking questions like,

"Where are all the Trillions the Pentagon is spending actually going?"

Dissociation works so much better.

The Marines belong to the treasonous corporate pentagon, not to the American people.

What does belong to the American people, which they SHOULD be inflamed about, is the Trillions in IOUs they & their grandchildren will be paying for the drunken corporate binge of spending going on. Also all the NEW terrorism created by the fascist war mongering for no good reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
great post, not much else to say, but when will people wake up! to be quit honest i truly do not see it happening in our life time. as the marines are our sense of safety, is the government to regulating the people, thus nothing changes as the sheeple-american ant farm just work's harder and harder to keep that great ole American dream alive. Again not much else to add

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I am mixed up
When did Congress
Declare War?

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
If Americans were connected with it they might begin to start asking questions like,

"Where are all the Trillions the Pentagon is spending actually going?"

Dissociation works so much better.

Most Americans cannot focus on politics, military, or anything having to do with money.

It's their tax money.

But they forget that.

The Marines belong to the treasonous corporate pentagon, not to the American people.

I disagree with that sentiment.

The Marines belong to America.

So does the Pentagon.

And so does the White House for that matter.

But Americans are ignorant of that fact and let Government run out of their control.

They forget that the lobbyists and special interest groups have hi-jacked our Government.

What does belong to the American people, which they SHOULD be inflamed about, is the Trillions in IOUs they & their grandchildren will be paying for the drunken corporate binge of spending going on. Also all the NEW terrorism created by the fascist war mongering for no good reason.

That sadly belongs to us through our own ignorance through those in Government foisting it upon us, without our consent, due to the hi-jacking of our Government.

Because of the ignorant sentiment that American's want to let other people run the show for them, and then sit back on their lazy keisters and complain, whine, and bitch about politics, instead of getting personally involved.

America has literally sat on its haunches and ignored her responsibility.

[edit on 21-7-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
great post, not much else to say, but when will people wake up! to be quit honest i truly do not see it happening in our life time. as the marines are our sense of safety, is the government to regulating the people, thus nothing changes as the sheeple-american ant farm just work's harder and harder to keep that great ole American dream alive. Again not much else to add

It would seem America has no interest in waking up.

Except when ignorance strikes our country.

Apathy is so thick you can cut it with a pair of scissors.

People need to open their eyes instead of living in R.E.M. all the time.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hi Spartan!

I know that we've had our disagreements, but I've always respected you efforts in providing the alternate view in todays World Understanding.

I just have to appologize for the last comment I made to you so long ago, I'm sure you'll remember it.

You still provide fresh perspective on topics American's need to understand, and I thank you for your efforts... Great article!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
I am mixed up
When did Congress
Declare War?

Are you being serious here?

Bush lied about W.M.D.'s in Iraq.

Or perhaps the C.I.A. lied for him and he was ignorant of the fact.

The Project for the New American Century had a hand in it all though.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Project for the New American Century

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. that lasted from early 1997 to 2006.

It was co-founded as a non-profit educational organization by neoconservatives William Kristol and Robert Kagan.

The PNAC's stated goal was "to promote American global leadership."

Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is both good for America and good for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."

The PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.

A whole lot of thought went to getting us involved in Iraq when we had no real reason.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megiddodiddo
Hi Spartan!

Hello Megiddodiddo.

I know that we've had our disagreements, but I've always respected you efforts in providing the alternate view in todays World Understanding.

Water off a duck's back.

I just have to appologize for the last comment I made to you so long ago, I'm sure you'll remember it.

No apology necessary.

You still provide fresh perspective on topics American's need to understand, and I thank you for your efforts... Great article!

Thank you.

I just say it how I see it.

Trying to look at all sides of a conflict to know all issues going on.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great thread Spartan! As always.

I usually get a message about these new threads..I think your cheating on me

I jest, I jest...

In any case, It's really difficult for me to talk about this topic because I always get flammed when I say what I'm about to.

It's OUR FAULT. All of this mess, the wars the control the removal of freedoms, it's all our fault.

We dropped the ball by allowing all of this happen.

Being an informed citizen, who is critical and fearfull of large government has become something evil in our democratic countries.

The truth is being critical of your government is the highest form of Patriotism, as the government should fear the people and not the other way around.

Thanks for the great thread!

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

America Is Not At War, the Marines Are At War

I'd have to say that this quote is a sure-fire indication that it's a war no one is interested in and a war that is certainly not worth fighting.

The last war the US was engaged in that was worth fighting was WWII, and we all know how strongly the civilians on the home front supported that cause. Most everyone was involved in the WWII effort on some level. Why? It was a worthy cause....whereas boogiemen and oil are not noble causes by any stretch of the imagination.

The thing these marines don't get is that they are the suckers...they should simply lay their guns down and do the "American thing"....you know, roll up on the Baghdad mall....and shop!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Great thread Spartan! As always.

I usually get a message about these new threads..I think your cheating on me

I jest, I jest...

I'm a single, white, male, ATS member.

In any case, It's really difficult for me to talk about this topic because I always get flammed when I say what I'm about to.

Well, you should know me by now, I do not flame someone for speaking their mind.

We have disagreed on various topics over the years.

If other people flame you bring out the flame-retardant clothing.

It's OUR FAULT. All of this mess, the wars the control the removal of freedoms, it's all our fault.

Well, I will disagree with you here, I take no responsibility for any Government's actions.

I do understand and appreciate where you're coming from though.

But you and I are usually politically aware.

That must be it, it's all your fault, isn't it?

Kidding.

We dropped the ball by allowing all of this happen.

I see America and her citizens at fault for allowing our Government to act ignorantly.

As well as other countries not voicing louder opposing opinions.

Ever since Russia collapsed the balance of power is uneven in the world.

Being an informed citizen, who is critical and fearfull of large government has become something evil in our democratic countries.

I can see the informed citizen being "evil" to our Government's.

I can as well see the critical of large Government being "evil" to them.

But fearful being "evil" to them?

I disagree.

They revel in that.

The truth is being critical of your government is the highest form of Patriotism, as the government should fear the people and not the other way around.

Thanks for the great thread!

~Keeper

I agree Government should know they represent us and they are not free to act irresponsibly.

Fear us?

Well, if they fear us, they see us as a threat.

A threat has to be nullified.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

I'm a single, white, male, ATS member.

GASP!

Well, I will disagree with you here, I take no responsibility for any Government's actions.

They they are your governments actions, you may not be responsible personally, but collectively we are at fault.

That must be it, it's all your fault, isn't it?

You're taking lessons from my husband and children apparently

I see America and her citizens at fault for allowing our Government to act ignorantly.

As well as other countries not voicing louder opposing opinions.

Ever since Russia collapsed the balance of power is uneven in the world.

Yes I agree, other countries should be voicing more opinions, also those opinions should be REPORTED to the average American.

But we all know the media..

I can see the informed citizen being "evil" to our Government's.

I can as well see the critical of large Government being "evil" to them.

Yuppers

But fearful being "evil" to them?

I disagree.

Perhaps fearful was the wrong word. Apprehensive perhaps?

Fear us?

Well, if they fear us, they see us as a threat.

A threat has to be nullified.

When I say fear, I mean they should be afraid of our power. Knowing that there's NOTHING they can do to usurp that power and that they are at the complete will of the people.

As far as I am concerned a government official, of any kind is bound by rules WE set in place. They should be the only slaves in our society.

Slaves to OUR will, the people's.

That's a bit harsh I know, but you understand

~Keeper

[edit on 7/21/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What wars SKL?

I mean I have watched the news for the last week.

Not one mention of any war.

Lindsay Lohan is going to jail for something or other.

The Oil spill is still going on. Just no photos of it.

The financial bill is being signed and a WHOLE new bureaucracy to protect the consumer is being created. At least that is the name it will be given.

Mel Gibson is being his standard anti social self.

The economy is on an upswing.

The federal reserve is getting more power to help us.

Some racist member of the USDA got fired and is now going to get a higher position.

C'mon, what war are you talking about.

I have not seen any war on MY PROPAGANDA tube.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I'd have to say that this quote is a sure-fire indication that it's a war no one is interested in and a war that is certainly not worth fighting.

Well, it was never worth fighting to begin with, the Iraq War was nothing more than an excuse to go after Saddam Hussein, something the senior Bush failed to do.

In the first Iraq War.

And then the junior Bush lied, or was lied to, and spread the lie about W.M.D.'s.

Falsely connected 9/11 to Hussein as well.

This being because the United Nations would not get serious about Hussein.

The last war the US was engaged in that was worth fighting was WWII, and we all know how strongly the civilians on the home front supported that cause. Most everyone was involved in the WWII effort on some level. Why? It was a worthy cause....whereas boogiemen and oil are not noble causes by any stretch of the imagination.

WWII was only worth fighting because we did not know the complicit nature of Wall Street.

You do know Wall Street funded Hitler into power to begin with, right?

And as well Skull and Bones had their hands deep in the pie correct?

How about how I.B.M. assisted Hitler in tracking down the Jews?

The thing these marines don't get is that they are the suckers...they should simply lay their guns down and do the "American thing"....you know, roll up on the Baghdad mall....and shop!

The Marines are not suckers, not in my opinion, they are simply working for America.

I have to say I disagree about them rolling up to a mall and shopping though.

If we have Marines why do we need Blackwater/Xe, Kroll, or Triple Canopy?

We have mercenaries protecting our troops which seems like a huge oxymoron.

Were not those troops trained, clothed, and armed for combat?

Or is it just the Army that has a bunch of wusses overseas?

No, I do not see the Army nor Marines as worthless, I see Blackwater/Xe as worthless.

So why is it then that we need mercenaries to protect our military in Iraq?

Lack of sign-ups for the armed services?

Stop-loss actions not working?

Re-enlistment is down?

Or our fight is not a valid fight for a valid reason and not only do our citizens know it but so do our enlisted men and women who do not want to be there?

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

GASP!

Ha ha ha.

They they are your governments actions, you may not be responsible personally, but collectively we are at fault.

Collectively, yes, the American citizens are at fault.

I still deny any part of that responsibility.

I'm funny like that considering I take responsibility for my actions.

You're taking lessons from my husband and children apparently

Nah, just kidding, you know better.

Yes I agree, other countries should be voicing more opinions, also those opinions should be REPORTED to the average American.

Yes, but we both know that rarely ever happens, our Government silences opposition.

But we all know the media..

You mean the whores covering their "John's" interests?

Perhaps fearful was the wrong word. Apprehensive perhaps?

I believe our fear and or apprehension is an aphrodisiac to our Government.

When I say fear, I mean they should be afraid of our power. Knowing that there's NOTHING they can do to usurp that power and that they are at the complete will of the people.

Government is afraid of a united people that is outside their control.

Why else would people like Martin Luther King Jr. be murdered?

Because under Civil Rights he was uniting people.

Without accepting Government assisitance.

As far as I am concerned a government official, of any kind is bound by rules WE set in place. They should be the only slaves in our society.

Slaves to OUR will, the people's.

That's a bit harsh I know, but you understand

~Keeper

[edit on 7/21/2010 by tothetenthpower]

That is how it should work.

Well, not the slavery part, I detest slavery, servants of the people yes.

But not slavery.

Slavery is something that still happens to this day though through human trafficking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join