It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I go with my "Master Plan"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
its oke man just keep your mind fresh,as others sayd prison is very lonely,and everyone would talk sweet only to have a place and a man to go to after theyr released. that can be done with good intentions - the woman just wants a man and a new clean life,or with bad intentions - shes just doing it for her needs.
stay friends,look for other women,and when she gets released check her out if your not ingaged. just dont go too fast getting married and signing half of everything you own to her. she may be the one,but you never know how people change. there are horrible people out there.
when im lonely im very nice to girls,but when my social needs are filled i tend to get really nasty.
im a knight in shining armor too but we usualy get nothing while the girls get with bad boys. and maybe when she made her mistake she realised she wants a nice man now and that family and financial security is more important then having cool tatoos?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Prison? Okay now don't get me wrong I do believe people can screw up and find themselves in a whole lot of trouble. In this day and age it isn't a very difficult thing to do, and we should be willing to overlook their mistakes. However I do not think that starting a romantic relationship with a woman in prison is a very good idea. You will never be really sure where what she is writing is coming from, is she lonely, is she depressed, is she looking for an easy mark to fleece when she gets out? These are questions I would have to consider everyday myself.

One of the problems with the prison system is quite simply its crime school, they talk about it and figure out how to do it better and learn what not to do.

Be a friend and write to her if you wish, inmates love getting mail but just be wary of how much of yourself you invest in writing them.

The hero complex your gonna have to figure out how to break out of that really. While it is fun for awhile to play "knight in shining armor" it gets old and tired real quick. Women you have to constantly save are not worth your time and effort.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1
Prison? Okay now don't get me wrong I do believe people can screw up and find themselves in a whole lot of trouble. In this day and age it isn't a very difficult thing to do, and we should be willing to overlook their mistakes. However I do not think that starting a romantic relationship with a woman in prison is a very good idea. You will never be really sure where what she is writing is coming from, is she lonely, is she depressed, is she looking for an easy mark to fleece when she gets out? These are questions I would have to consider everyday myself.

One of the problems with the prison system is quite simply its crime school, they talk about it and figure out how to do it better and learn what not to do.

Be a friend and write to her if you wish, inmates love getting mail but just be wary of how much of yourself you invest in writing them.

The hero complex your gonna have to figure out how to break out of that really. While it is fun for awhile to play "knight in shining armor" it gets old and tired real quick. Women you have to constantly save are not worth your time and effort.

Yeah. That's what I plan on doing. Friendship is better. I have no interest in another long distance relationships. Every relationship I been in was long distance. Kind of puts a strain on your social life at home.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I just got a letter from her yesterday. I think we're good friends now. She seems to enjoy my humor in my letters.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
it depends what was she locked up for... cuz if its for murderr oooo boyyyyy becarefull and how did yu meet her in the first place? thats what i wann kno lol

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding extremely shallow I'll be completely honest with you.This girl in NOT gorgeous,she is below average at best,and she is in PRISON.I'm pretty sure you can find nicer,cuter girl,with whom you'll be able to have normal communication.And you said you have been with women with problems in the past.Why would you like to be with someone who has all kinds of problems for sorting out.I just saw your profile and you are very young so i kind of understand you infatuation with this girl,it will pas quickly.All the best

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
RR,

In the early eighties I met a girl, over the phone, through a mutual friend, who lived near Los Angeles. I lived in the Bay Area, several hundred miles north. This was before the days of the Interwebz and even cell phones, so it was all letters and long distance calls.

I was positive that I loved her and ran up about a years worth of thousand dollar per month phone bills in the process.

She was drop dead gorgeous. She and I could talk for hours, as the phone bills illustrates. We seemed to have everything in common. It felt like total sympatico.

So eventually I got smart and spent the money on a plane ticket, rather than a phone bill, and flew to LA.

It took about ten minutes to get to the sex, and about another hour after that before we both realized that there was zero chemistry there. Nada. Nothing.

I spent the remainder of my planned week in LA hanging out with one of this girls ex-boyfriends, going to see bands and doing the typical underground tour of Hollywood thing.

She and I never spoke again.

Moral of this story... You can't know anything until you actually meet the girl.

edit on 9/12/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wow, what a life lesson (and an expensive one, to boot)....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding "old fashioned" here I go, about to sound "old fashioned"...

RR~

Ignoring the fact that this woman is in prison (prison not jail presumes an entirely different set of circumstances, I might add, but despite this) there is something larger to consider here... "We" are in an age that allows communication through multiple different means and that type of communication is becoming more and more common. It has it's advantages and it has it's disadvantages.

Instant messaging and text messaging are replacing actual face-to-face communication and avenues like Skype (Google Voice) etc. are allowing face-to-face communication, but in an altered state and though Letter writing is not part of this electronic medium, it is still - very definitely - an altered state of communication. Entire relationships can be developed and maintained over these mediums without ever moving into the real world and this is the Bottom line IMHO: nothing, repeat nothing replaces talking and getting to know someone in "real life" in "real time" do you understand?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I had a similar experience to this. I met a girl from China on ICQ and we got on really well, we would stay up all night chatting to one another and have a great time, then one day she dropped a huge bomb "Hey I'm coming to England to study at an art college"
We met each other and went on a few dates, but we just didn't connect in real life, she started hanging around with a lot of people that I couldn't stand from art school and things just deteriorated to the point where I didn't want to see her at all any more...

I hope her decision to study here wasn't too influenced by me, as it was one heck of an expensive date if it was, I never asked her for fear of hearing something I didn't want to know.

As for the OP you never know you might meet a cute girl in the military! They do exist

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac1d693053af.jpg[/atsimg]

Though you would have a better chance if you were joining the Israeli defense force

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Follow your heart and you'll be ok. Make sure you bless her and put money in her commissary. F it marry her while she is in prison and get some "private" time in with her. Dude she'll appreciate it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join